Author Topic: 90s MOVIE DRAFT - Sign up and discussion  (Read 18662 times)

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian

Offline Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Re: 90s MOVIE DRAFT - Sign up and discussion
« Reply #682 on: August 5, 2022, 01:30:44 pm »
Replying in here so not to bump the older heat -

Yeah, it might seem a bit harsh but I didn't want to drag the vote out. First, because the voting in these kinds of drafts is more symbolic than anything, and secondly because the league season starts this weekend and people would probably pay little mind to the voting.

Originally I was thinking of making it even shorter. Two groups of eight teams each and the top two would advance to the final. But then I thought it would be too hard for everyone to evaluate eight lineups at a time, so went with four groups of four, with only one advancing.

I might have screwed up on the 2 votes per group though. I realize that when tubby and Musketeer drew on the group and then Musketeer run away with it on the head-to-head, but at that moment it was already too late to change things. I wanted to give more opportunities to each one in the group to gather some votes, as I thought only one advancing was harsh enough. I realize my mistake now though.

Don't worry, mate. The voting is far from the most important bit in these things as you say. Nice to get it done and dusted before the big kick off.

8 would have definitely been overkill, so definitely happy you went for 4. The two vote thing can always be tweaked in future movie drafts. I don't think it ruins it at all.

It's been a great draft in any case and appreciate you taking the time to run it. Can't wait for the 80s edition. I think that one is going to be totally insane! Probably the strongest decade for comedy, horror, and fantasy films. I'm going to have mental breakdown trying to choose which I go for in each  ;D
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #683 on: August 5, 2022, 06:09:53 pm »
Replying in here so not to bump the older heat -

Don't worry, mate. The voting is far from the most important bit in these things as you say. Nice to get it done and dusted before the big kick off.

8 would have definitely been overkill, so definitely happy you went for 4. The two vote thing can always be tweaked in future movie drafts. I don't think it ruins it at all.

It's been a great draft in any case and appreciate you taking the time to run it. Can't wait for the 80s edition. I think that one is going to be totally insane! Probably the strongest decade for comedy, horror, and fantasy films. I'm going to have mental breakdown trying to choose which I go for in each  ;D
Cheers mate, it was way more time-consuming than I expected but it was fun nonetheless. Just wish I had a little more time to enjoy it a bit more.

The 80s are going to be madness, with so many great films in all categories. I'm thinking of even adding a few more, just to do it justice. In any case, we'll see in a couple of weeks.

I'm open to any suggestions btw, in regards to categories, rules or any other thing.

Offline Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #684 on: August 5, 2022, 06:48:18 pm »
Cheers mate, it was way more time-consuming than I expected but it was fun nonetheless. Just wish I had a little more time to enjoy it a bit more.

The 80s are going to be madness, with so many great films in all categories. I'm thinking of even adding a few more, just to do it justice. In any case, we'll see in a couple of weeks.

I'm open to any suggestions btw, in regards to categories, rules or any other thing.

Haha yes, running drafts always is. Plus the deep dive into the choosing of films.

I'm all for more categories being added. I'd love to see Horror and Sci-fi split up too. Both should be able to easily stand alone in the 80s.
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #685 on: August 5, 2022, 08:09:00 pm »
Yeah I think you can separate them for the 80s
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.