Author Topic: Modern Day Sheep draft 2022 - Sign up and discussion  (Read 14462 times)

Offline Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Re: Modern Day Sheep draft 2022 - Sign up and discussion
« Reply #120 on: June 30, 2022, 01:32:19 pm »
I've refreshed the picks thread about 10 times already.
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #121 on: June 30, 2022, 01:44:42 pm »
Who did you pick mate? You may as well tell us seeing as the round is over.

I picked the next German superstar.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #122 on: June 30, 2022, 02:05:11 pm »
It’s a bit tricky to pick 2 more players when I don’t know if I’ve got my first two yet in terms of knowing what positions to go for. But I’ll pick two more sheep anyway, I’m sure!

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #123 on: June 30, 2022, 02:06:37 pm »
It’s a bit tricky to pick 2 more players when I don’t know if I’ve got my first two yet in terms of knowing what positions to go for. But I’ll pick two more sheep anyway, I’m sure!

Aye worth waiting if you can, as some players will go anyway. Just wanted it up for those that might struggle to get on.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #124 on: June 30, 2022, 02:24:31 pm »
Nabil, you're taking the piss now.

Offline Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #125 on: June 30, 2022, 02:52:40 pm »
We should probably have a rule that if in future rounds you fuck up, it's your own fault. Otherwise this might happen a lot
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline Elzar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #126 on: June 30, 2022, 03:24:48 pm »
We should probably have a rule that if in future rounds you fuck up, it's your own fault. Otherwise this might happen a lot

Yep, will still let people know if their pick isn't valid (ahem Nick), but will stick to the deadline. There was a few players invalid by about 2 weeks (this one being one of them), so I wanted to give a chance to get a proper entry in.

Will give it until 5 as I can't get on to put picks up after that anyway.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: June 30, 2022, 03:43:55 pm »
Got Methuselah and a baby in my team so far.   ;D

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: June 30, 2022, 03:45:36 pm »
Was going back and forth between Leao and Tonali...glad it worked out.
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #129 on: June 30, 2022, 03:48:04 pm »
Ah shit, didn't realise we only got two stabs on each round. Last time we did this you just kept re-picking til you eventually got someone. Would have picked differently had I known. Oh well.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #130 on: June 30, 2022, 03:50:16 pm »
Wait, what? That’s the rule isn’t it? If you don’t get one you keep going until you do…?
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Elzar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #131 on: June 30, 2022, 03:51:20 pm »
Ah shit, didn't realise we only got two stabs on each round. Last time we did this you just kept re-picking til you eventually got someone. Would have picked differently had I known. Oh well.

:D I thought I was being generous giving a repick. Don't sheep drafts normally have no repicks, so those teams that aren't full at the end just get filled with....sheep!

Great work on all 6 that chose Konate

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: June 30, 2022, 03:53:04 pm »
Just make sure you have a mega last few rounds planned Nabil.  ;D

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #133 on: June 30, 2022, 03:57:29 pm »
:D I thought I was being generous giving a repick. Don't sheep drafts normally have no repicks, so those teams that aren't full at the end just get filled with....sheep!

Great work on all 6 that chose Konate

There were two Sheep draft versions. The original by Saint Kopite had no re-picks, the second version by Claus had unlimited ones. It meant that deliberately blocking others became a valid strategy and also allowed for epic comebacks. So personally I prefer the latter. Seem to recall someone having no players til about round 5 last time, which was hilarious. Then they somehow pulled it back and ended up building one of the stronger teams.

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: June 30, 2022, 04:00:44 pm »
This version seems cool so far.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: June 30, 2022, 04:01:19 pm »
Didn't someone also end up with like 16 players and was handing them out like confetti to anyone?  ;D

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: June 30, 2022, 04:02:39 pm »
Was going back and forth between Leao and Tonali...glad it worked out.

Thankfully..

I had Konate picked first, and then noticed the criteria was for the last 3 years, figured there would be an avalanche of Konates and changed it.

6! Phew.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #137 on: June 30, 2022, 04:03:16 pm »
Wait so what happens to your team if you miss out on picks?
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: June 30, 2022, 04:04:22 pm »

You get Taibi for a keeper and Victor Moses as a Left Wingback.

Offline Elzar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #139 on: June 30, 2022, 04:04:28 pm »
There were two Sheep draft versions. The original by Saint Kopite had no re-picks, the second version by Claus had unlimited ones. It meant that deliberately blocking others became a valid strategy and also allowed for epic comebacks. So personally I prefer the latter. Seem to recall someone having no players til about round 5 last time, which was hilarious. Then they somehow pulled it back and ended up building one of the stronger teams.

My only issue with that would be the potential of blocking players in later rounds with a round 1pick, and also it potentially opens up better options if you continue.

E.g, if one player picks carefully to ensure they get players in the rounds, then in round 4 they could be getting blocked by someone still doing a round 1 pick. While 2 people constantly blocking each other then have the choice of loads of players to choose from, so there isn't that much of a punishment.

Could get confusing for me if I'm doing round 1 picks still in 2 days time, and also I feel it's unfair on others if you get as many repicks as needed.

I'd like to keep it to one resubmission where appropriate. None for double player rounds though such as this.

Offline Elzar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #140 on: June 30, 2022, 04:05:23 pm »

There is more than 11 rounds, and some are multiple player rounds, so you can still make 11 players up. If you don't finish your 11 then your team gets filled by others...

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #141 on: June 30, 2022, 04:08:53 pm »
Sheep time.  :jong

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: June 30, 2022, 04:11:49 pm »
Dammit Betty cancelled out my Bellingham pick.

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #143 on: June 30, 2022, 04:22:12 pm »
I didn’t realise this was a current players draft. I was feeling all smug having dug up a Libertadores final featuring Pele and Rattin. :lmao

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #144 on: June 30, 2022, 04:26:38 pm »
My only issue with that would be the potential of blocking players in later rounds with a round 1pick, and also it potentially opens up better options if you continue.

E.g, if one player picks carefully to ensure they get players in the rounds, then in round 4 they could be getting blocked by someone still doing a round 1 pick. While 2 people constantly blocking each other then have the choice of loads of players to choose from, so there isn't that much of a punishment.

Could get confusing for me if I'm doing round 1 picks still in 2 days time, and also I feel it's unfair on others if you get as many repicks as needed.

I'd like to keep it to one resubmission where appropriate. None for double player rounds though such as this.

That's kind of the point re the chaos of crossing picks though! Personally, I find with sheep drafts there's not really any such thing as unfair when it's all a big fluke anyway and it's much better if everyone continues to feel like they're in with a shot even if they fluff up there first few attempts. That was the downfall of the first version. Many people went AWOL when they realised they were already out of the game.

That's fair enough re the work load though. It's a hell of a lot of work already and I wouldn't want to heap more on you.

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: June 30, 2022, 04:36:10 pm »
I didn’t realise this was a current players draft. I was feeling all smug having dug up a Libertadores final featuring Pele and Rattin. :lmao

;D
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #146 on: June 30, 2022, 04:38:50 pm »
;D

Just noticed the words ‘Modern Day’ in the thread title. I guess that was a bit of a giveaway.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #147 on: June 30, 2022, 04:55:28 pm »
So the tactic of picking obvious ones because no one else would be stupid enough to pick the obvious ones isn’t going so well for me.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #148 on: June 30, 2022, 05:02:25 pm »
So the tactic of picking obvious ones because no one else would be stupid enough to pick the obvious ones isn’t going so well for me.
You're underrating people's dumbness. Case in point:

Offline Elzar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #149 on: June 30, 2022, 05:03:11 pm »
Ruling out super cup. Full tournament finals only please

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: June 30, 2022, 05:05:20 pm »

Well I'm picking Virgil Van Dijk this round.

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #151 on: June 30, 2022, 05:08:58 pm »
Well I'm picking Virgil Van Dijk this round.
You better not, I’ve already did.  ;D

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: June 30, 2022, 05:21:08 pm »
You better not, I’ve already did.  ;D

Then we shall burn together bro.  ;D

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: June 30, 2022, 05:25:36 pm »
Nabil, why not the World Cup final?  ???

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #154 on: June 30, 2022, 05:53:26 pm »
You're underrating people's dumbness. Case in point:

Go fuck yourself.

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #155 on: June 30, 2022, 05:58:54 pm »
Go fuck yourself.
The twins have you all railed up again?  ;D

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #156 on: June 30, 2022, 06:02:04 pm »
The twins have you all railed up again?  ;D

Shouldn’t you be pinching women’s bottoms from the back of a moped at this time of day?

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: June 30, 2022, 06:06:15 pm »
I didn't make a repick for round 1 last time. Is that what we're meant to do?
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #158 on: June 30, 2022, 06:17:48 pm »
Shouldn’t you be pinching women’s bottoms from the back of a moped at this time of day?
God, I have the entire Welsh community thinking I’m Italian, and now Nick too. I should really change my personal text.

Offline Elzar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #159 on: June 30, 2022, 06:26:11 pm »
I didn't make a repick for round 1 last time. Is that what we're meant to do?

If your name is on the repick list, yes :D