Author Topic: Ticketless fans in Paris  (Read 48780 times)

Offline Bizzle_LFC90

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Ticketless fans in Paris
« Reply #200 on: May 18, 2022, 08:08:42 am »
Is anyone here in Lille on the friday? and is gonna head to the night that's being put on there would be great to link up

also is there a way i can message or get onto this whatsapp group, im heading out by myself but no ones really gonna be by themselves when there's 50,000 of us reds out there!

Offline Rhi

• Rhisuscitated
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #201 on: May 18, 2022, 09:22:30 am »
Is anyone here in Lille on the friday? and is gonna head to the night that's being put on there would be great to link up

also is there a way i can message or get onto this whatsapp group, im heading out by myself but no ones really gonna be by themselves when there's 50,000 of us reds out there!

You should be able to PM now.
“Above all, I would like to be remembered as a man who was selfless, who strove and worried so that others could share the glory, and who built up a family of people who could hold their heads up high and say 'We're Liverpool'.” - Bill Shankly

Offline portRUSHred

• Anny Roader
« Reply #202 on: May 18, 2022, 10:16:50 am »
I live about 20km from the Stade de France. I called the St Denis town hall on Monday asking whether a screen was going to be provided in the centre of town, seems unlikely. I help run an U16 team here and had the contact number for the coach of Cosmos St Denis, the team closest to the Stadium. They are providing the ball boys for the final. During the EURO 2016, all the towns near the stadium had giant screens in Park communal areas. There was a huge fan zone near the Eiffel Tower on the Champs de Mars. I think the French authorities don't realise the volume of Kopites that will be descending on Paris next week. The french press are saying a screen will be in the centre of St Denis, but the town is too cramped and compact to accomodate the 50000 reds who'll be wanting to watch. Not forgetting that St Denis can get a bit tasty.

"St Denis can get a bit tasty"
We've got a room in St Denis from someone on here but the reviews for St Denis are not good. Sounds like a dangerous place? Starting to worry.
Any other Reds staying in St Denis?

Offline MattH66

• Kemlynite
  • These are the times.... lets enjoy!!
« Reply #203 on: May 18, 2022, 12:45:21 pm »
Drop me a message when I get a few numbers I’ll create it

Am I right thinking you have set up this WA group.  Sorry if not?
Life long red since standing on the Kop for the first time in '76.  Unfortunately now living in Hertfordshire.
Enjoy this time as Reds!!
YNWA

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #204 on: May 18, 2022, 01:29:10 pm »
So for the Rangers game tonight in Sevilla, local authorities are screening the game in different areas for ticketless fans.  Makes a lot of sense, just need them to do the same in Paris!!!!!!

Offline ScottishM

• Main Stander
« Reply #205 on: May 18, 2022, 04:19:42 pm »

I am wondering the same mate, keen to join it.

Offline Joff

• Nah.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #206 on: May 18, 2022, 05:32:27 pm »
I don´t know how much you like to put away but €100 is at least 10 Parisian pints just paying at the bar. I´m a skinny fuck so 10 pints in three hours would put me on my arse. Unless you have finer tastes probably not worth it!!
We didn't go for it! The flyer had a mistake in it, said from 0800 to 2300. Was tempted at those times 🤣 It meant 2000 to 2300
Nah.

Offline Joff

• Nah.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #207 on: May 18, 2022, 05:39:18 pm »
Fuck it, might get in on this Whatsapp group. I can always mute if it becomes too overwhelming
Nah.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA, Chester via Newtownards
« Reply #208 on: May 18, 2022, 05:40:15 pm »
Fuck it, might get in on this Whatsapp group. I can always mute if it becomes too overwhelming
it's sound mate

Offline mgranv_kop

• Main Stander
« Reply #209 on: May 18, 2022, 05:51:22 pm »
if i can get on this WA too - from reading i think i need to annoy an admin to let me send email??

Cheers in advance

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #210 on: May 18, 2022, 05:58:17 pm »

Yeah, I think he's the kind gentleman......but, best to DM him if you can get enough posts from the mods (you need 50 I think)  ;)

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #211 on: May 18, 2022, 06:06:12 pm »
it's sound mate

Yeah, only half the people in the group are weirdos. The other half just comes across as a bit weird... ;D

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #212 on: May 18, 2022, 06:12:01 pm »
Yeah, only half the people in the group are weirdos. The other half just comes across as a bit weird... ;D
exactly

Offline Mr.Savage

• Anny Roader
« Reply #213 on: May 18, 2022, 07:48:55 pm »
Seems rangers fans got sorted in Seville with a fan zone and a screen for the game, disappointing if we don’t get something similar but doesn’t look like happening!

Offline forrest1980

• Kopite
  • YNWA
« Reply #214 on: May 18, 2022, 08:26:19 pm »
« Last Edit: May 18, 2022, 08:30:59 pm by forrest1980 »
"If you can't support us when we lose or draw , don't support us when we win" - Bill Shankly.......the best quote the great man ever said.

Offline SouthDerryLaggo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Enjoy these times
« Reply #215 on: May 18, 2022, 08:31:17 pm »
we are a hard bunch to keep track of  ;)
YNWA

Offline Cdr4056

• Boys Pen
« Reply #216 on: May 18, 2022, 08:42:58 pm »
Here's the article from the French press regarding the screen in St Denis (bottom of the article, use google translate ) - https://actu.fr/ile-de-france/saint-denis_93066/ligue-des-champions-comment-avoir-des-billets-pour-la-finale-madrid-liverpool-au-stade-de-france_50729578.html

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #217 on: May 18, 2022, 08:45:58 pm »
https://www.thelocal.fr/20220518/what-liverpool-fans-coming-to-paris-for-champions-league-final-need-to-know/

Bonjour RATP App for public transport in Paris is good to know  ;)

I just downloaded that app but it suggests another app for buying tickets on your phone which it says my phone is incompatible with which is a pain.

Was hoping we might get a free travel pass with our tickets like we did in Madrid.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #218 on: May 18, 2022, 08:54:52 pm »
A fan-zone showing the #UCLFinal  in Paris is being considered by UEFA and the French authorities for ticketless fans.

There is set to be the the largest police presence ever at a European final around the Stade de France as Paris welcomes Liverpool and Real Madrid. [BFM TV]

Offline James_1906

• Kopite
« Reply #219 on: May 18, 2022, 09:00:31 pm »
I just downloaded that app but it suggests another app for buying tickets on your phone which it says my phone is incompatible with which is a pain.

Was hoping we might get a free travel pass with our tickets like we did in Madrid.
Whats the other app to buy tickets?

Online LFCEmpire

• Legacy Fan
  • Icelandic Kopite
« Reply #220 on: May 18, 2022, 10:06:25 pm »
Just booked a flight and hotel with a couple of friends (no tickets for the final). We want to be in the city when Liverpool lift number 7.  8) Praying for a fan zone of some sorts where Liverpool fans can come en masse and watch the game together.

YNWA.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #221 on: May 18, 2022, 10:14:32 pm »
Whats the other app to buy tickets?

The Ticket Sans Contact app, it says it works in conjunction with the other app to download tickets to your phone. If you click on the tickets tab in the Bonjour app and go through the stages it says to download this other app and then checks compatibility.

Unless I'm completely misunderstanding which is also possible!
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #222 on: May 18, 2022, 11:09:46 pm »
Just booked a flight and hotel with a couple of friends (no tickets for the final). We want to be in the city when Liverpool lift number 7.  8) Praying for a fan zone of some sorts where Liverpool fans can come en masse and watch the game together.

YNWA.
keep an on the screening at M&S Bank

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #223 on: May 19, 2022, 12:26:24 am »
Fucking heartbroken writing this, but it's looking increasingly likely that I won't be able to get to Paris thanks to my passport renewal not coming through in time.

With that in mind, I'm looking to swap the final ticket that I have for Wolves (ideally 3).

My final ticket is level 2, behind the goal (£129, including fees). If there is any difference we can sort that separately.

Full disclosure, I'm going to leave it until Friday to see if I get anything back from the Passport Office, but if not then this swap will be available.

Mods - I hope you don't mind me posting this. Please remove if needed.

Cheers,

Mark
« Last Edit: May 19, 2022, 12:29:32 am by Grobbelrevell »
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline includo

• Main Stander
« Reply #224 on: May 19, 2022, 12:30:14 am »
Fucking heartbroken writing this, but it's looking increasingly likely that I won't be able to get to Paris thanks to my passport renewal not coming through in time.

With that in mind, I'm looking to swap the final ticket that I have for Wolves (ideally 3).

My final ticket is level 2, behind the goal (£129, including fees). If there is any difference we can sort that separately.

Full disclosure, I'm going to leave it until Friday to see if I get anything back from the Passport Office, but if not then this swap will be available.

Cheers,

Mark

PM’d mate

Offline Mr.Savage

• Anny Roader
« Reply #225 on: May 19, 2022, 09:00:17 am »

Cheers,

Mark

Devastating that mate, hope it comes!

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #226 on: May 19, 2022, 09:14:11 am »

Cheers,

Mark
Yeah, that's shite mate, sorry to hear it - don't know where you're based, but can you not get down the passport office in person and somehow plead with them to fast-track it ?

Offline jimmyred2010

• Anny Roader
« Reply #227 on: May 19, 2022, 09:16:32 am »
Think there is a place near Doncaster where you can turn up and pay a fee to get it done on the same day? If I'm not mistaken?

Offline willss

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #228 on: May 19, 2022, 09:20:49 am »
I had a similar experience with a renewal passport. Paid about £100 and it came back within a short number of days.

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #229 on: May 19, 2022, 09:30:18 am »
A fan-zone showing the #UCLFinal  in Paris is being considered by UEFA and the French authorities for ticketless fans.

There is set to be the the largest police presence ever at a European final around the Stade de France as Paris welcomes Liverpool and Real Madrid. [BFM TV]
Well I hope the fan-zone is sorted - as with fake tickets knocking about etc, I just hope there isn't any bother with that police presence.....and believe me the CRS can be right bastards (remember 1981 anyone ?)

Offline RG13

• Main Stander
« Reply #230 on: May 19, 2022, 09:51:54 am »
Any chance I can get added to that whatsapp also? I'll be in Paris on Friday afternoon.

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #231 on: May 19, 2022, 09:54:10 am »

Cheers,

Mark
Do you not have until next Friday as well?
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #232 on: May 19, 2022, 10:18:26 am »
Any chance I can get added to that whatsapp also? I'll be in Paris on Friday afternoon.
You should be able to pm the contacts in the thread now mate.

Offline RG13

• Main Stander
« Reply #233 on: May 19, 2022, 10:22:42 am »

Much appreciated, thanks mate.

Offline mgranv_kop

• Main Stander
« Reply #234 on: May 19, 2022, 10:27:31 am »

Could you give me access to when you get a chance please

Cheers

Offline GWats77

• Anny Roader
« Reply #235 on: May 19, 2022, 11:26:05 am »

Yea I was going to say that, there also maybe a possibility to get an emergency passport which lasts for a week. But not sure on its criteria.

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #236 on: May 19, 2022, 12:01:39 pm »
Well I hope the fan-zone is sorted - as with fake tickets knocking about etc, I just hope there isn't any bother with that police presence.....and believe me the CRS can be right bastards (remember 1981 anyone ?)

Oh yes - they loved a bit of tear gas.
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline TheBionicCarrot

• Main Stander
  • Make us dream...
« Reply #237 on: May 19, 2022, 12:12:19 pm »

Not if he's swapping for Wolves tickets.
Our lads come from all over the place
They talk ded funny and they play ded great

Offline seandundee16

• Main Stander
« Reply #238 on: May 19, 2022, 12:14:03 pm »

Any chance you could facilitate me also, thanks in advance.

Offline liversaint

• Beach boy giver of yuletide joy to ha-run-run-reindeer
  • Legacy Fan
  • Settle down Beavis
« Reply #239 on: May 19, 2022, 12:27:31 pm »
Oh yes - they loved a bit of tear gas.

And batons. My uncle got hammered off two of them, ended up with 5 stitches in his head
You say Honey? I say Fuck off.

You dont win friends with Salad

There is another option. Mr Ferguson organises the fixtures in his office and sends it to us and everyone will know and cannot complain. That is simple.