Author Topic: The FA Cup  (Read 320917 times)

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA, Chester via Newtownards
Re: The FA Cup
« Reply #80 on: February 7, 2022, 07:48:41 am »
I wonder for the final if we make it, would they do a ballot where basically they say you can only enter if you went to the semi final as i believe we would get around 30k tickets for semi final, then about 26/27k for final. So 90% of people that went to the semi should also be able to make the final as well
yes but it's also not really fair to people who might have 3/4 or 4/4 games and lost the semi ballot. Another ballot involving everyone again would be fairer imo but I don't see the club doing that

Offline stueya

• Kopite
« Reply #81 on: February 7, 2022, 07:52:37 am »
I wonder for the final if we make it, would they do a ballot where basically they say you can only enter if you went to the semi final as i believe we would get around 30k tickets for semi final, then about 26/27k for final. So 90% of people that went to the semi should also be able to make the final as well

Usually the allocations are 35-36k for the Semi Final and 28k for the final
We all live in a purple wheelie bin

Offline PaulKS

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #82 on: February 7, 2022, 10:16:09 am »
If we got all homes to the semi, then surely they'd do all homes this season, and one from some of the previous aways we've had... Chelsea/Wolves/Plymouth/West Ham etc.
« Last Edit: February 7, 2022, 10:21:54 am by PaulKS »

Offline Tommypig

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #83 on: February 7, 2022, 10:54:54 am »
If we got all homes to the semi, then surely they'd do all homes this season, and one from some of the previous aways we've had... Chelsea/Wolves/Plymouth/West Ham etc.

Exactly at some stage be it Quarters if away - Semi's they will bring in at least one of the aways from previous seasons to differenciate

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #84 on: February 7, 2022, 10:56:19 am »

They didn't in 2012 when we had all homes.

Offline CONFIAMOS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: February 7, 2022, 11:05:34 am »
Does anyone know what dates we're looking at for the Norwich game?

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: February 7, 2022, 11:07:43 am »
Does anyone know what dates we're looking at for the Norwich game?

Almost certain to be the Weds, 2nd March. Cant be Tues cos of cup final on the Sunday. We have West Ham tv game on the Saturday after, so cant be Thursday.

Everton also at home, but their games around it are Saturday before and Monday after. So they can play Tues or Thurs.

Offline Tommypig

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: February 7, 2022, 11:08:05 am »

Your right but in those days they differentiated between members and season ticket holders maybe they will do the same and Auto cup scheme wasn't running

Sale dates are as follows

ALL Priority Rights Holders: Wednesday 28th March 2012

Season Ticket Holders who have recorded 4 FA Cup matches on their customer record during season 2011/2012: Thursday 29th March 2012 until Friday 30th March 2012
(Supporters in this group are guaranteed a ticket)

Members & Fan Card Holders who have recorded 4 FA Cup matches on their customer record during season 2011/2012: Monday 2nd April 2012

Season Ticket Holders who have recorded 3 FA Cup matches on their customer record during season 2011/2012: Tuesday 3rd April 2012

Ballot details

The club will run a ballot should any tickets remain after the above sales have taken place.

The following groups of supporters will be required to enter their details for the ballot:

1. Members and Fan Card Holders who have recorded 3 FA Cup matches on their customer record during season 2011/2012

2. Season Ticket Holders who have recorded 2 FA Cup matches on their customer record during season 2011/2012

Offline Tommypig

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: February 7, 2022, 11:09:37 am »
And for the final Members had to join the ballot

ALL Priority Rights Holders: Monday, April 23 2012.

Season Ticket Holders who have recorded five FA Cup matches on their customer record during season 2011-12: Tuesday, April 24 2012 until 12pm on Wednesday, April 25.

Ballot details:

As we do not have enough tickets to satisfy demand, the remainder of the sale will be subject to a ballot.

Members and Fan Card Holders with five (5) 2011-2012 FA Cup games recorded against their customer record will be required to register their interest in purchasing a ticket between 1pm on Wednesday, April 18 and 2pm on Friday, April 20 2012.  Details of how to register will be published on the website on Wednesday, April 18.

Offline CONFIAMOS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: February 7, 2022, 11:11:24 am »
Almost certain to be the Weds, 2nd March. Cant be Tues cos of cup final on the Sunday. We have West Ham tv game on the Saturday after, so cant be Thursday.

Everton also at home, but their games around it are Saturday before and Monday after. So they can play Tues or Thurs.
Thanks.

Not sure why I had in my head that the United game could have been moved for this. Strange!

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: February 7, 2022, 11:13:25 am »
Thanks.

Not sure why I had in my head that the United game could have been moved for this. Strange!

That is the round after this. If we beat Norwich, United will be postponed.

Offline CONFIAMOS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: February 7, 2022, 11:13:56 am »
That is the round after this. If we beat Norwich, United will be postponed.

Makes sense now - thanks mate.

Offline daveyg

• Plain and Simple
  • Kopite
« Reply #92 on: February 7, 2022, 12:51:28 pm »
Liverpool fixtures have updated on my calendar on my iPhone. Norwich game showing as 7:45 on Wednesday 2nd March.
14/08/04 -  THE START OF THE NEW RAFALUTION!

Offline PaulKS

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: February 7, 2022, 01:06:51 pm »

I know but the grounds a lot bigger now, and STH and members are now in the same hat. Just my prediction anyway, and it would make sense imo

Offline russmills10

• Main Stander
  • Kopite
« Reply #94 on: February 7, 2022, 01:11:17 pm »
Assume theres no chance of a members sale for the norwich game? Just wonder if they will sell out the annie road end

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: February 7, 2022, 02:48:05 pm »
Assume theres no chance of a members sale for the norwich game? Just wonder if they will sell out the annie road end
there's every chance, I doubt they even bring 3k. Any tickets in the lower tier would go straight to members because they haven't been used in either game yet

Offline stueya

• Kopite
« Reply #96 on: February 7, 2022, 05:25:51 pm »
there's every chance, I doubt they even bring 3k. Any tickets in the lower tier would go straight to members because they haven't been used in either game yet

I’d expect anyone who has the 2 games currently will be guaranteed a ticket for Norwich
We all live in a purple wheelie bin

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: February 7, 2022, 06:11:57 pm »
I’d expect anyone who has the 2 games currently will be guaranteed a ticket for Norwich
well yeah no way Norwich take the upper tier

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: February 7, 2022, 06:27:16 pm »
well yeah no way Norwich take the upper tier

They only took 1800 to Wolves, Cardiff brought just under 7k...

Obviously next round and against a bigger club, but i can't see them selling half of what Cardiff brought.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: February 7, 2022, 06:53:14 pm »
They only took 1800 to Wolves, Cardiff brought just under 7k...

Obviously next round and against a bigger club, but i can't see them selling half of what Cardiff brought.
plus it's a Wednesday night and only 2 and a half weeks after they've already been here at the league game, it's different if it's not an EPL club as they like the day out at Anfield too

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
  • Now it's time for Jurgens men
« Reply #100 on: February 10, 2022, 01:12:54 pm »
Usually the allocations are 35-36k for the Semi Final and 28k for the final

33k and 28k were the allocations for the last ones played pre-covid

So same as the league cup for the semi then 5k less for the final

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: February 10, 2022, 01:40:15 pm »
33k and 28k were the allocations for the last ones played pre-covid

So same as the league cup for the semi then 5k less for the final
Odds for semi will be much worse if there's no away though, maybe they use aways from another season?

Offline stevienash

• Legacy Fan
  • 'White liquid in a bottle has to be milk.'"
« Reply #102 on: February 10, 2022, 01:56:48 pm »
Odds for semi will be much worse if there's no away though, maybe they use aways from another season?

Can't see them doing that to be honest. would cause major uproar if they did. reckon it will be ballot for semi if we get through and quarter final is at home

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: February 10, 2022, 02:06:55 pm »
Can't see them doing that to be honest. would cause major uproar if they did. reckon it will be ballot for semi if we get through and quarter final is at home
there will be ballot whether the QF is home or away but not sure whether there will be a guaranteed sale or not if it's a home, could just be everyone in the ballot

Offline CONFIAMOS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: February 10, 2022, 02:13:06 pm »
Any idea when Norwich details might be out?

Offline willss

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: February 10, 2022, 02:13:11 pm »
If we draw home again and progress I can only see a ballot for all. That means absolute carnage with potential for some with many years home and away support missing out. I’d like to think they’d use previous years aways but don’t see it personally

Offline CONFIAMOS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: February 10, 2022, 02:19:11 pm »
Can see both sides of the argument.

As someone who would be guaranteed if they look back previous years I can see the argument for everyone in the ballot based on this year's, after all, it is this year's final we are talking about. So it gives everyone who has been to all this seasons games the same chance.

Probably be drawn away to the Ev next anyway and it'll all be trivial :D

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: February 10, 2022, 02:22:14 pm »
If we draw home again and progress I can only see a ballot for all. That means absolute carnage with potential for some with many years home and away support missing out. I’d like to think they’d use previous years aways but don’t see it personally
yeah exactly the point why I can see them using aways, if you have Shrewsbury or cheslea from 19/20 guaranteed maybe? There's not really a right answer and even in a ballot some will miss out

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: February 10, 2022, 02:22:55 pm »
Can see both sides of the argument.

As someone who would be guaranteed if they look back previous years I can see the argument for everyone in the ballot based on this year's, after all, it is this year's final we are talking about. So it gives everyone who has been to all this seasons games the same chance.

Probably be drawn away to the Ev next anyway and it'll all be trivial :D
if they continue the trent of only using that year's competition then ballot for us all seems likely

Offline CONFIAMOS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: February 10, 2022, 02:34:11 pm »
if they continue the trent of only using that year's competition then ballot for us all seems likely

Yeah fair game

Offline stevienash

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: February 10, 2022, 03:47:40 pm »
there will be ballot whether the QF is home or away but not sure whether there will be a guaranteed sale or not if it's a home, could just be everyone in the ballot

Would of thought if it is an away tie in the QF and we get through to semi it will be everyone with Shrewsbury, Cardiff, Norwich & FA cup away in the 1st sale then with all homes in ballot?

I could be wrong

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #111 on: February 10, 2022, 03:50:43 pm »
Would of thought if it is an away tie in the QF and we get through to semi it will be everyone with Shrewsbury, Cardiff, Norwich & FA cup away in the 1st sale then with all homes in ballot?

I could be wrong

Or a combination of any three games maybe for the ballot.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: February 10, 2022, 04:04:19 pm »

I could be wrong
yes will be 4 guaranteed, 3 ballot, if we are at home QF will be 4 ballot for everyone I'd think

Offline stevienash

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: February 10, 2022, 04:08:04 pm »
yes will be 4 guaranteed, 3 ballot, if we are at home QF will be 4 ballot for everyone I'd think

Agreed. Hoping for an away Q/F LOL

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #114 on: February 10, 2022, 04:09:33 pm »
Agreed. Hoping for an away Q/F LOL
I am too because I have no more holidays in work before April fs even tho I'd have a home and no chance at away

Offline tasmichkata

• Anny Roader
« Reply #115 on: February 10, 2022, 05:04:02 pm »
Norwich - 2-nd march, 8:15

Offline stonecold_jpm

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: February 10, 2022, 05:11:02 pm »

Not sure I agree on that, if there’s not anything between 3500-6000k being taken out first for those with an away QF, then that would mean there are more tickets available in the ballot for everyone who has the 4 home games. So as someone who hasn’t any chance of an away QF, I’d personally be hoping for another home tie.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #117 on: February 10, 2022, 05:19:15 pm »
Not sure I agree on that, if there’s not anything between 3500-6000k being taken out first for those with an away QF, then that would mean there are more tickets available in the ballot for everyone who has the 4 home games. So as someone who hasn’t any chance of an away QF, I’d personally be hoping for another home tie.
yeah I didn't account for that but I think the odds will be Similar whether there's an away or not because those tickets are still part of the general allocation

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #118 on: February 10, 2022, 05:29:48 pm »
fucking shite time for getting the 22:43 back to Chester which I can't miss, class

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #119 on: February 10, 2022, 05:36:56 pm »

Live on ITV so probably even fewer Norwich fans will come now
We are a team of one half.