Author Topic: The FA Cup  (Read 321121 times)

Offline Thomas

• Doubting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The FA Cup
« Reply #3120 on: May 17, 2022, 07:57:54 am »
My mate took his young son to his first fa cup final and was pushed going in. Like everything in life you deal with little pricks everywhere you go. Its an instant decision to either turn away or confront. When you have a child with you off course you do the former then it annoys you that you did nothing.

I know im getting to the stade earlier and going in as a group as we have a kid with us. Probably make no difference.

We got into J around 1hr 30 before kick off, which was really easy, walked stright up and in. I remember getting their later for the League Cup final and it was hideous.
We're the kings of Europe, the pride of Merseyside, we'll fight for no surrender, we'll fight for Shankly's pride.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA, Chester via Newtownards
« Reply #3121 on: May 17, 2022, 08:20:24 am »
My mate took his young son to his first fa cup final and was pushed going in. Like everything in life you deal with little pricks everywhere you go. Its an instant decision to either turn away or confront. When you have a child with you off course you do the former then it annoys you that you did nothing.

I know im getting to the stade earlier and going in as a group as we have a kid with us. Probably make no difference.
I'll get there early too but in Paris I doubt you'll get near the turnstiles without a ticket, on Saturday I didn't even show anyone my ticket and walked straight up

Offline Smudge

• Epic Troll and one hell of a Richarlison...
  • Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3122 on: May 17, 2022, 08:51:34 am »
I'll get there early too but in Paris I doubt you'll get near the turnstiles without a ticket, on Saturday I didn't even show anyone my ticket and walked straight up
Paris should be different, like Madrid a ring of ticket checks before you're even near the stadium. Harder to do at Wembley but surely they can do something.

Offline "Stuart"

• Kopite
« Reply #3123 on: May 17, 2022, 08:58:27 am »

I was there with my 4 year old and we went in L about 90 minutes before kick off, saves all the hassle and means he's not in a massive scrum to the turnstiles. They seemed more bothered about checking my bag than tickets
« Last Edit: May 17, 2022, 10:48:52 am by "Stuart" »

Online walterwhite

• Kopite
« Reply #3124 on: May 17, 2022, 09:04:20 am »
I went in through M and it was fine no queue and straight in, had to pass J and L on route and it was a nightmare even trying to get by those areas, I was dreading the worst but luckily M was fine.

Offline apassant77

• Kopite
« Reply #3125 on: May 17, 2022, 12:51:41 pm »
We had a kid of about 9 or 10 asking if he could go in behind us in J. You would hope that his Dad or whoever he was with at least waited to check what happened to him as its ridiculously young to even be trying that type of stuff.

Offline Flyhalf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3126 on: May 17, 2022, 01:33:04 pm »
I went in through M and it was fine no queue and straight in, had to pass J and L on route and it was a nightmare even trying to get by those areas, I was dreading the worst but luckily M was fine.

What is it with J and L? It was the same for the league cup final. I nearly had a dickie fit when I saw the queues but when I got to M, I walked straight in. Same on Saturday, 45 mins before ko

Online D🐶G

• Sworn enemy of C🙀T
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #3127 on: May 17, 2022, 02:59:41 pm »
We went in at H and were fearing the worst when we saw the state of L and J when walking round. Luckily H was relatively quiet and we got straight in. Guessing L and J were the entrances directly behind the goal and that’s why so many were making a point of trying to jump through there?
Twitter - @ElmDag - 19 League Titles • 8 FA Cups • 9 Football League Cups • 16 FA Charity Shields • 6 UEFA European Cups • 3 UEFA Cups • 4 UEFA European Super Cups • 1 FIFA Club World Cup

Offline Danny Boy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3128 on: May 17, 2022, 03:12:45 pm »
We went in at H and were fearing the worst when we saw the state of L and J when walking round. Luckily H was relatively quiet and we got straight in. Guessing L and J were the entrances directly behind the goal and that’s why so many were making a point of trying to jump through there?

I think it’s that and also J is the first turnstile entrance once you’ve gone up the stairs and turned right so naturally will attract a larger crowd in my opinion

Offline kopte4ever

• Main Stander
« Reply #3129 on: May 17, 2022, 03:47:43 pm »
With J, as per my other post - at the start the 2 hours before KO. it was prolific with bunkers, every other and each gate had someone trying.

I got a drink after getting in and walked back past and it looked like they had closed around [doors closed] 1/3 of gates and had stemed  the flow massivly it was like 1 person per gate untill they got the the search then the next one came through.

Agree with others its the first one at the top of the ramp. I think they choose what looks the buisest to filter in.

Offline Thomas

• Doubting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3130 on: May 17, 2022, 04:37:56 pm »
They should have outer perimiters setup on the steps/ramps to stop people there who clearly have no tickets/fake tickets
We're the kings of Europe, the pride of Merseyside, we'll fight for no surrender, we'll fight for Shankly's pride.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3131 on: May 17, 2022, 04:54:37 pm »
They should have outer perimiters setup on the steps/ramps to stop people there who clearly have no tickets/fake tickets
they did for the euros so no idea why they stopped, the fact you can get so close to the turnstiles without a ticket is dangerous, especially on big days like this

Offline samifan

• Main Stander
« Reply #3132 on: May 17, 2022, 05:08:28 pm »
they did for the euros so no idea why they stopped, the fact you can get so close to the turnstiles without a ticket is dangerous, especially on big days like this

Yeah, that would stop a lot of it, went in at K on Saturday and tons of ripped up fake tickets all over the place. Saw group of kids  getting kicked out 4 times pushing through with ticket holders  while we were queueing up.

Only sour note on an unforgettable day!!!

Online RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3133 on: May 17, 2022, 05:36:58 pm »

about two hours before kick-off they were checking tickets in the outer perimeter but must've stopped for whatever reason. even then, i just flashed a picture of a random ticket on my phone as i hadn't collected mine yet.

unless it's physically scanning a ticket i don't think that an outer perimeter really does much. just look at Madrid - if you had a blag ticket you'd more than likely get past the first perimeter.

i also thought the new Wembley security contractors (they hired a new company) were worse than previous, weirdly heavy-handed in searches etc i found, although obviously as things got busier it seemed like they lost control a bit.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2022, 05:38:42 pm by RainbowFlick »
YNWA.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #3134 on: May 19, 2022, 04:47:17 pm »
about two hours before kick-off they were checking tickets in the outer perimeter but must've stopped for whatever reason. even then, i just flashed a picture of a random ticket on my phone as i hadn't collected mine yet.

unless it's physically scanning a ticket i don't think that an outer perimeter really does much. just look at Madrid - if you had a blag ticket you'd more than likely get past the first perimeter.

i also thought the new Wembley security contractors (they hired a new company) were worse than previous, weirdly heavy-handed in searches etc i found, although obviously as things got busier it seemed like they lost control a bit.

Weirdly, on none of the 3 times at Wembley this season did I get asked for my bag to be looked at. I am getting good at not making any eye contact, look at your phone or look around like you're looking for somewhere or someone in the distance, just keep on walking and act confident, never get asked ;D
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline PaulKS

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3135 on: December 2, 2022, 02:18:45 pm »
Wolves (H), 20:00 on the Saturday...  :-\

Offline anfieldpurch

• Simple
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96!!
« Reply #3136 on: December 2, 2022, 02:27:28 pm »
On ITV4 according to the website..
Proud father to Riley James Lucas 16/3/17

Offline TwitterJayy

• Kopite
« Reply #3137 on: December 2, 2022, 04:12:23 pm »
Any prices yet considering that payments are coming out next week

Offline Danny Boys Dad

• Errol Flynn when he's had a few
  • Legacy Fan
  • Now listen here son
« Reply #3138 on: December 2, 2022, 04:15:14 pm »

Not great is it, would have preferred the afternoon
Legacy fan

Offline anfieldpurch

• Simple
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96!!
« Reply #3139 on: December 2, 2022, 04:37:00 pm »
Possibly avoiding a clash with the league 1/2 games? The other live match is on at 6pm

Online LFCStuart

• Main Stander
  • YNWA
« Reply #3140 on: December 2, 2022, 04:44:34 pm »

Train strike scheduled that day. Not great.

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #3141 on: December 2, 2022, 08:19:26 pm »
I didn't think we'd be on TV. Apart from the fact that we draw viewers I could see no reason for it
We are a team of one half.

Offline Kls89

• Main Stander
« Reply #3142 on: December 2, 2022, 09:52:04 pm »
I didn't think we'd be on TV. Apart from the fact that we draw viewers I could see no reason for it

I think it’s televised because we’re the holders

Offline anfieldpurch

• Simple
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96!!
« Reply #3143 on: December 3, 2022, 10:51:35 am »
And lost the last 2 FA Cup games against Wolves ;) In fact we have only won 2 of the 7 FA Cup games against them..

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #3144 on: December 3, 2022, 07:16:50 pm »
That's fair point
We are a team of one half.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3145 on: December 3, 2022, 10:19:07 pm »
I expect £20 odd mate, I can't see them being high to be honest.

Even though its so soon after chrimbo it's probable there'll be a reasonable atmosphere. An urge to regroup and expel some home-noise perhaps, may be a little bit :)

Offline ScuzzyP

• Main Stander
« Reply #3146 on: December 5, 2022, 08:22:48 am »

Can't believe this is clashing with Peter Kay  :butt  :butt  :butt
Scousers rule the country like we've always done before!

Offline tasmichkata

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3147 on: December 5, 2022, 03:51:20 pm »

25-28 for the KOP. 35 the most expensive.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3148 on: December 5, 2022, 03:51:56 pm »
25-28 for the KOP. 35 the most expensive.

Not bad, I'll take that so close to Christmas.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
  • Now it's time for Jurgens men
« Reply #3149 on: December 5, 2022, 04:46:20 pm »
Was expecting 50% off prem prices tbf, only a £15 discount

Gonna give it a miss with playing them early feb and it'll probably be close to then we play the other league game

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3150 on: December 5, 2022, 04:54:29 pm »
Was expecting 50% off prem prices tbf, only a £15 discount

Gonna give it a miss with playing them early feb and it'll probably be close to then we play the other league game

We could easily have 3 games with them in quite a short space of time if they fit the postponed one in as well. Hate it when that happens.

Offline Schmarn

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3151 on: December 5, 2022, 05:24:09 pm »
Any chance this drops to all members or does everyone keep for the credits. Could be more empty seats than the Etihad given the timing.

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #3152 on: December 5, 2022, 07:23:50 pm »
Does any have experience of getting a ACS ticket moved from one stand to another to sit with a mate who has three together?

Is it a day sat on the chat waiting?

Offline KaiNo7

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3153 on: December 5, 2022, 09:48:13 pm »
Any chance this drops to all members or does everyone keep for the credits. Could be more empty seats than the Etihad given the timing.

Hope so memberships have been a waste of time this year, not been able to get anything. Was hoping get a home draw against lower league like last year to get on ladder

Offline anfieldpurch

• Simple
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96!!
« Reply #3154 on: December 5, 2022, 10:10:36 pm »
Hopefully.. the ACS dropped to all members

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3155 on: December 6, 2022, 12:04:48 am »
yeah it will, doubt Wovles will take full allocation which Everton and Shrewsbury did

Offline tasmichkata

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3156 on: December 6, 2022, 08:02:02 am »
Shrewsbury didn't.

Offline sonofkenny

• Kopite
« Reply #3157 on: December 6, 2022, 10:17:41 am »
Wolves are currently taking the full allocation

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3158 on: December 6, 2022, 11:20:46 am »
Wolves are currently taking the full allocation
fair enough if so

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3159 on: December 6, 2022, 11:21:53 am »
Shrewsbury didn't.
19/20 Shrewsbury? Can't remember for sure myself but thought they had the whole stand