Author Topic: League Cup  (Read 191844 times)

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
Re: League Cup
« Reply #1640 on: February 28, 2022, 03:43:31 pm »
Disappointing for those of us who missed out in the ballot to see so many empty seats around the ground. I know we say this every year, but why do organisers give so many tix to people who clearly don't give a xxxx? Hardly a day at the races or the golf is it?

It’s an absolute joke. I’m sure they announced only 85,000 were in attendance. Gutted I didn’t have the chance to complain about missing a train home haha

It’s not fair to prioritise people who have missed out in previous ballots but I’ve been to every home cup game since 2015 and havnt been to one cup final (4 lost ballots). Only the Aston Villa semi and the charity shield game.

Offline MKB

• Martin
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1641 on: February 28, 2022, 04:00:36 pm »
Disappointing for those of us who missed out in the ballot to see so many empty seats around the ground. I know we say this every year, but why do organisers give so many tix to people who clearly don't give a xxxx? Hardly a day at the races or the golf is it?

89,041 present at Wembley in 2012 when we last won this trophy.

Wikipedia is claiming there were 88,512 yesterday, but on the screens yesterday and on the BBC website today, they say 85,512.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2022, 04:26:21 pm by MKB »

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1642 on: February 28, 2022, 06:37:53 pm »

a lot of people just bunched together behind the goal but there was definitely a few seats in Club Wembley spare (I sat in a few of them for a while  ;D)

wonder if Club Wembley technically 'sold out' or not.
YNWA.

Offline sharkeyb

• Would pay to see a Mason's willy, but not more than £35.
  • Legacy Fan
  • He's on the floor
« Reply #1643 on: February 28, 2022, 07:01:09 pm »
had a boss day - some ups and downs, the sos got let down on one of their coaches and the one the company supplied didn't have a bog. we just stopped off a few more times on the way down

when we got back to the coach they couldn't get it started, so we had to wait, most people just got on another coach and stood, but we just waited, they sorted us out for free drinks in the boozer, think we left sometme after midnight, was probably about 15 people on the coach back. rolled into the house about 5am
Sir, the cash monies?

Offline Thornpipe

• Kemlynite
  • Have you heard of the Annie road Agro.
« Reply #1644 on: February 28, 2022, 08:19:59 pm »
had a boss day - some ups and downs, the sos got let down on one of their coaches and the one the company supplied didn't have a bog. we just stopped off a few more times on the way down

when we got back to the coach they couldn't get it started, so we had to wait, most people just got on another coach and stood, but we just waited, they sorted us out for free drinks in the boozer, think we left sometme after midnight, was probably about 15 people on the coach back. rolled into the house about 5am

That's some day that mate, wasn't sos pick up 06:30am aswell? Makes my 2am return look pathetic!

I was dead on my feet when I stepped through the door as was my 7 year old but I knew he had a boss day when he asked can we go again in the morning.

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1645 on: February 28, 2022, 08:58:05 pm »

I think loads went and stood with with their mates tbf, most  people were standing so you could blend in. Plenty of gaps during extra time, where people were sat during first half.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA, Chester via Newtownards
« Reply #1646 on: February 28, 2022, 09:25:21 pm »
I think loads went and stood with with their mates tbf, most  people were standing so you could blend in. Plenty of gaps during extra time, where people were sat during first half.
happened in 134 where I was, bunch of kids in my seat when I got there, I had no problem cause I know how it goes but the guys beside me moved them all away so they could be in there seats, was crowded but it's same in any away game or Kop sometimes for example

Offline RJK

• Kemlynite
« Reply #1647 on: March 1, 2022, 08:42:22 am »
The extra time needs sacking 90 mins & pens …we still win 🏆

Offline Thomas

• Doubting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1648 on: March 1, 2022, 10:13:23 am »
We went to the The North London Tavern at Kilburn before the game. Easy to get food and drink and great atmosphere
We're the kings of Europe, the pride of Merseyside, we'll fight for no surrender, we'll fight for Shankly's pride.

Offline RainbowFlick

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1649 on: March 3, 2022, 05:17:58 pm »
everyone either seems to be sick now or has dry lips? i've used an outrageous amount of lip balm the past couple days.... what is going on in Wembley!?!
YNWA.

Offline ripsaw19

• Kopite
« Reply #1650 on: March 3, 2022, 08:46:23 pm »
everyone either seems to be sick now or has dry lips? i've used an outrageous amount of lip balm the past couple days.... what is going on in Wembley!?!
I've been having to use that too. Didn't think anything of it until I saw your comment! What's been going on I wonder?
ST Waiting List Position - 1556

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA, Chester via Newtownards
« Reply #1651 on: March 3, 2022, 08:56:12 pm »
had an awful throat since Sunday, felt pretty rough today too, seen a few saying the same

Offline Thornpipe

• Kemlynite
  • Have you heard of the Annie road Agro.
« Reply #1652 on: March 3, 2022, 09:04:38 pm »
Yeah same here I thought it was just me, felt awful since Sunday night/Monday morning. Thought it was all the shouting and the long day. Just been going through the motions this week. I have been dry as Fu*k all week aswell.

Could well be the A/C blasting us in the face from the coach for the best part of 8 hours of the day.

Offline Schmarn

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1653 on: March 3, 2022, 09:07:58 pm »

Me too. Sore throat, dry, hacking phlegm. Probably got too close to Chelsea fans

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #1654 on: March 4, 2022, 08:11:34 am »
My mate has just tested positive too! ::) Always very careful but I am guessing Wembley
We are a team of one half.

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
  • Now it's time for Jurgens men
« Reply #1655 on: March 4, 2022, 09:12:53 am »
 ;D ;D

Unsurprising really when there was no restrictions to isolate if you had covid

I and another in my group had it and still went down

Offline RandalstownRed

• Main Stander
« Reply #1656 on: March 4, 2022, 09:13:43 am »
many ill from the world choice sports train?

Offline jordon148

• Main Stander
« Reply #1657 on: March 4, 2022, 09:25:44 am »
Ill as all of the above and we drove down - literally in bed all day with the shakes yesterday. Twitter full of it as well - must be the new Wembley variant

Offline PaulKS

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1658 on: March 4, 2022, 09:26:04 am »
Feel totally fine me

Offline sheepfest

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #1659 on: March 4, 2022, 09:49:17 am »
many ill from the world choice sports train?

No illness for me bar the dry lips. 

Made it through the Norwich game although glad no extra time and ready for Saturday now.

Offline RainbowFlick

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1660 on: March 4, 2022, 03:34:38 pm »
would love to know the science behind the dry lips lol. i didn't even travel from far and was in a car alone. wore a mask in the concourse. maybe it was just the air?

does seem like a lot of Covid cases. we're just gonna have a cycle of constantly reinfecting everyone at this rate with no isolation.  :o
YNWA.

Offline willss

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1661 on: March 4, 2022, 04:03:55 pm »
Felt bad on Monday, took it as a hangover.  Even worse on Tuesday, shivering etc.  Ok by Wednesday.

Offline AR48

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1662 on: March 5, 2022, 04:43:56 pm »
Yes £5.50 a pint last time I checked

Forgot to post this after the final… 6.85! Cost of living eh? 😂

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #1663 on: March 21, 2022, 10:44:52 am »
Did anybody get the club's coach down for disabled supporters, please? I am waiting for a Neuro appt and have been struggling to walk far for the last year or so. Not sure I'd even be eligible to go on it, but just wondered how people found it. Where did it park? So I can work out how far I'd have to walk to the stadium etc. 
I just watched it on TV last time but would rather have been there. Thanks.

Offline James_1906

• Kopite
« Reply #1664 on: March 21, 2022, 12:10:27 pm »
Did anybody get the club's coach down for disabled supporters, please? I am waiting for a Neuro appt and have been struggling to walk far for the last year or so. Not sure I'd even be eligible to go on it, but just wondered how people found it. Where did it park? So I can work out how far I'd have to walk to the stadium etc. 
I just watched it on TV last time but would rather have been there. Thanks.
There was no club coach for the League cup final unfortunately.

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #1665 on: March 21, 2022, 12:16:10 pm »
Yes there was. Think they called it Accessible Travel or something. It was on the club website

Offline PaulKS

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1666 on: August 24, 2022, 05:54:40 pm »
3rd Round draw tonight, will be played w/c 7th November... ages away basically

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #1667 on: August 24, 2022, 06:12:20 pm »
On Sky after Newc v Tranmere

Offline AR48

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1668 on: August 24, 2022, 10:22:49 pm »
Home draw against Derby. Game is a while off though!

Offline Claude Cat

• Sworn Enemy of Pawed Dog!
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #1669 on: August 24, 2022, 10:31:12 pm »
Midweek Carabao home game vs League One opposition? Still be over an hour with 70k in the queue ;D

Offline ScubaSteve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1670 on: August 24, 2022, 10:34:30 pm »
Midweek Carabao home game vs League One opposition? Still be over an hour with 70k in the queue ;D

It’s mad isn’t it. All the out of towners will still do the 100 mile round trip for a match against Derby!!  ;D

This is why they need to introduce the, if you don’t attend you don’t get the credit for the cups too

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1671 on: August 24, 2022, 10:37:43 pm »
Waiting for the endless "can I pass my ticket on for Derby without losing the credit", "can I not attend without losing the credit" etc. questions that will be arsed.

Exactly why the need to introduce the - don't attend / pass on = lose credit across the board.

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1672 on: August 24, 2022, 10:51:26 pm »

And about 30k spares floating around.

Offline Kls89

• Main Stander
« Reply #1673 on: August 24, 2022, 11:02:49 pm »
And about 30k spares floating around.

Funny how they all “have work” or are away and can’t make it, yet if we drew Utd or Everton there would be hardly any spares. Its bad enough they all keep their credit for passing the less desirable tickets on, I’m hoping for future seasons anyone that doesn’t attend loses their credit so they can’t be in the ballot if we reach the final.

Offline keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #1674 on: August 24, 2022, 11:10:27 pm »
Funny how they all “have work” or are away and can’t make it, yet if we drew Utd or Everton there would be hardly any spares. Its bad enough they all keep their credit for passing the less desirable tickets on, I’m hoping for future seasons anyone that doesn’t attend loses their credit so they can’t be in the ballot if we reach the final.
Yes this is applicable to some fans but not every autocup member is fortunate to live and work in Liverpool where it’s less of a convenience. The M6 and M62 are bad enough on a weekday without a match on and is three times as bad when there is.

The argument of fans will only turn up if it’s a big game doesn’t hold much weight in the League Cup unless its Everton or United at best. A lot of fans just don’t bother with it, especially in recent seasons. It’s been pretty easy to get on the autocup scheme for league cup matches every season without the need of a ballot so if you didn’t bother to apply then you only have yourself to blame!
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Offline mattyyt

• Anny Roader
  • He drinks sangria
« Reply #1675 on: August 25, 2022, 01:54:15 am »
Yes this is applicable to some fans but not every autocup member is fortunate to live and work in Liverpool where it’s less of a convenience.

Don’t sign up for the auto cup then…

Offline Flyhalf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1676 on: August 25, 2022, 03:19:48 am »
It’s mad isn’t it. All the out of towners will still do the 100 mile round trip for a match against Derby!!  ;D

This is why they need to introduce the, if you don’t attend you don’t get the credit for the cups too

400 mile round trip for my two sisters and me and we didn’t miss a home game last season, league or cups😁. I appreciate what you’re saying, but just confirming that there are some who don’t just buy for the credits in case we make the finals. I’d travel to see us play the Dog and Duck! Wouldn’t have missed Taki’s equaliser v Leicester for the world ! 😁

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #1677 on: August 25, 2022, 06:15:34 am »
Don’t sign up for the auto cup then…

Well precisely. It essentially costs me a half day at work for the mid week games and to be honest I'd rather do that for the Champions league than for the league cup. But also, let's not pretend all those spares are from people who don't live in Liverpool

Offline ScubaSteve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1678 on: August 25, 2022, 07:13:27 am »
400 mile round trip for my two sisters and me and we didn’t miss a home game last season, league or cups😁. I appreciate what you’re saying, but just confirming that there are some who don’t just buy for the credits in case we make the finals. I’d travel to see us play the Dog and Duck! Wouldn’t have missed Taki’s equaliser v Leicester for the world ! 😁

You honestly have my full respect  ;D

That Leicester game felt like a European night in the second half! Fantastic, the place was rockin’

Offline anfieldpurch

• Simple
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96!!
« Reply #1679 on: August 25, 2022, 08:20:29 am »
Waiting for the endless "can I pass my ticket on for Derby without losing the credit", "can I not attend without losing the credit" etc. questions that will be arsed.

Exactly why the need to introduce the - don't attend / pass on = lose credit across the board.
I saw so many pop up on twitter within an hour of the draw
Proud father to Riley James Lucas 16/3/17