Author Topic: League Cup  (Read 191849 times)

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
League Cup
« on: August 26, 2021, 11:28:02 am »
So Norwich away first. Hopefully we'll have a run.

Was good the other week, but doubt we'll have as many Scousers and the League Cup isn't what it used to be.

As far as I know, it's still 10% of capacity, as opposed to the 15% it used to be. So allocation likely to not be too different to a league match. Might give us more if they don't have the demand.

Still, reckon it'll go to at least all ST's, possibly all members. Reckon I'll go.
With me 3 star jumper half way up me back!

Offline sharkeyb

• Would pay to see a Mason's willy, but not more than £35.
  • Legacy Fan
  • He's on the floor
Re: League Cup
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2021, 12:41:08 pm »

Was good the other week, but doubt we'll have as many Scousers and the League Cup isn't what it used to be.

As far as I know, it's still 10% of capacity, as opposed to the 15% it used to be. So allocation likely to not be too different to a league match. Might give us more if they don't have the demand.

Still, reckon it'll go to at least all ST's, possibly all members. Reckon I'll go.

itll go to members, people out of the country, miles away on a week night, no threat of being thrown off the ladder  if you dont go
Sir, the cash monies?

Offline loveisreal

• manloveisrealtoo. Takin' Bascombe to taskombe.
  • Kopite
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2021, 01:20:12 pm »
Predict that this one wont sell out.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA, Chester via Newtownards
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2021, 01:33:24 pm »

hope I'm okay not being a scouser

Offline RandalstownRed

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2021, 08:46:53 pm »

Offline LFC_R_BOSS

• Main Stander
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2021, 08:59:50 pm »
Fuck it I’m going , gonna stay over and get smashed in Norwich and get my dad to drive back the day after .

Offline SDFKOP

• Main Stander
  • We've conquered all of Europe...
« Reply #6 on: September 3, 2021, 06:07:35 pm »
Any idea when the club will release criteria for this? Ive only got Villa away on my card

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: September 3, 2021, 06:21:42 pm »
Any idea when the club will release criteria for this? Ive only got Villa away on my card

Villa away won't be used as a credit (they said that at the time due to fans attending the CWC as well).

It will likely go down to all members though so you'll be in with a shout

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #8 on: September 3, 2021, 11:06:59 pm »
Prices for the home supporters which, as far as I’m aware, they have to charge us as well :

Adults £15
65+ £10
Under 21 £10
Under 18 £1
Quote from: Harvest Fields
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: September 4, 2021, 10:17:25 am »
Prices for the home supporters which, as far as I’m aware, they have to charge us as well :

Adults £15
65+ £10
Under 21 £10
Under 18 £1

Fuck me, that’s good. Especially for me, I’ll just get a shave and pay a quid

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: September 4, 2021, 11:48:21 am »
It's good and bad

Bad because it's cheap enough for loads to buy and not go for the credit for the next round.

Need it to drop to all members and still have a chance at getting one

Online ChrisLFCKOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: September 4, 2021, 12:46:43 pm »
Do we think LFC coaches will sell out before it gets to 1 away?

Want to go, esp at those prices and would prefer to do a coach there and back.  But not too bothered about driving just will get a B&B for the night.

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #12 on: September 5, 2021, 12:00:03 am »
Fuck me, that’s good. Especially for me, I’ll just get a shave and pay a quid
;D
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #13 on: September 5, 2021, 12:07:47 am »
I dread to think just how many will qualify but with no intention of going, will just buying a £1 kids ticket and bin it just so they'll stay on the ladder even though it will only count for this seasons comp.

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: September 5, 2021, 02:24:32 pm »
I dread to think just how many will qualify but with no intention of going, will just buying a £1 kids ticket and bin it just so they'll stay on the ladder even though it will only count for this seasons comp.

Sadly that will happen, can see our end being half full at best.  Difficult one to solve, put the prices up to discourage credit hunting and there will be plenty of complaints. Say the game doesn't count as a credit for any further rounds this season and that will really piss anyone off who does attend.  Make it ticket collection in Norwich, a non starter due to logistics.  Best thing for me would be to keep the credits for future rounds on previous seasons with each game this season being sold under the same rules. 
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #15 on: September 5, 2021, 09:40:50 pm »
Sadly that will happen, can see our end being half full at best.  Difficult one to solve, put the prices up to discourage credit hunting and there will be plenty of complaints. Say the game doesn't count as a credit for any further rounds this season and that will really piss anyone off who does attend.  Make it ticket collection in Norwich, a non starter due to logistics.  Best thing for me would be to keep the credits for future rounds on previous seasons with each game this season being sold under the same rules.
The club are in a difficult position as to how to solve this. Once NFC is up and running and more importantly, working for every top flight club for home and away supporters, then that solves the problem as no scan at the turnstiles = no credit.

The problem with keeping the credits for future rounds based on previous seasons with each game this season being sold under the same rules is that for those that do actually make the effort to go to Norwich will not necessarily be in with a chance of getting a ticket for a potential 4th round LC away whereas someone that has loads of previous history but didn't bother going to Norwich would then have priority for the next round.

It makes no odds to me as I'll qualify and I'm going but plenty of others will be desperate to go but won't be able to get a ticket from the club as a spare will be their only chance.
« Last Edit: September 5, 2021, 09:45:59 pm by ABJ »

Offline VVM

• Kopite
  • OVER AN HOUR LEFT ESTIMATED TIME
« Reply #16 on: September 6, 2021, 08:38:50 am »
Was actually quite up for going to this but sounds like people buying tickets with no intention to go might be a problem.

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: September 6, 2021, 09:14:10 am »
Same. I have even booked a holiday in Norfolk for it.

Hope those prices are wrong

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #18 on: September 6, 2021, 09:23:00 am »
I’m not quite sure why I would post the wrong prices, but here you go :

https://www.canaries.co.uk/content/ticket-news-norwich-city-v-liverpool-cup
« Last Edit: September 6, 2021, 09:27:42 am by ABJ »

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: September 6, 2021, 10:00:54 am »
Ah sorry, I misread your initial post

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: September 6, 2021, 10:56:59 am »
Final of the League Cup is a big allocation. It's great they're charging kids a quid. Too much panicking. When the last time that people struggled for League Cup Final tickets? Probably 1984.

Some might buy a kids ticket but there wont be that many.

Offline PaulKS

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: September 6, 2021, 11:32:05 am »
Honestly think this will go to General Sale, even with those prices

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #22 on: September 6, 2021, 03:58:40 pm »
Ah sorry, I misread your initial post
No worries.

Offline lfcrule6times

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: September 6, 2021, 05:38:11 pm »
Personally think that should it go to members, first dibs should go to those on the league cup ACS.
★     ★     ★     ★     ★     ★

Online ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #24 on: September 6, 2021, 07:38:32 pm »
Personally think that should it go to members, first dibs should go to those on the league cup ACS.

Definitely! It’s should go on sale to people with previous away attendance first then go to previous home attendance as the criteria next. They should do that for all cup comps

Offline VVM

• Kopite
« Reply #25 on: September 6, 2021, 07:43:45 pm »
Definitely! It’s should go on sale to people with previous away attendance first then go to previous home attendance as the criteria. They should do that for all cup comps

I would have thought it would go on previous LC away's and then straight to all Season ticket holders and then all members. Think that might have been what happened for the MK Dons away game.

Although I'd certainly welcome them taking previous home attendance into account.

Online ChrisLFCKOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: September 6, 2021, 07:47:20 pm »
I would have thought it would go on previous LC away's and then straight to all Season ticket holders and then all members. Think that might have been what happened for the MK Dons away game.

Although I'd certainly welcome them taking previous home attendance into account.

nah remember season ticket holders are extra special and always get first dibs before members.

Online ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #27 on: September 6, 2021, 07:54:40 pm »

Yeah that’s what’ll happen. I’d probably take as a compromise STHs with x home attendance then members with x home attendance. We’ll never have a level playing field in the cups but you should expect them to have gone to some cup games haha most do!!

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: September 6, 2021, 08:22:27 pm »
nah remember season ticket holders are extra special and always get first dibs before members.

So they should be. I gave my season ticket up when you could just buy them in the ticket office, my loss.

Season ticket holders and priority rights saved the club when they were begging people to buy them in multiples, banned from playing in Scotland and Wales.

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: September 8, 2021, 03:49:59 pm »
Liverpool FC has released the following away ticket details for the League Cup third-round tie with Norwich City on Tuesday September 21.

The match at Carrow Road will kick-off at 7.45 BST.

The club have received a total allocation of 2,669 tickets for this all-ticket fixture and supporters not in possession of a ticket are urged not to travel.

Please only buy tickets if you plan on attending the game – tickets are strictly non-transferable.

Ticket prices

Adult - £15
Over 65 and U21- £10
Under 18 - £1
Supporters in possession of concessionary tickets will be asked for ID at the turnstiles with entry refused, if the relevant ID is not provided.   

Hospitality members

Sir Kenny Dalglish Box holders, Premium Level and Centenary Club members should contact the hospitality department on 0151 264 2222, option 2.

Disabled supporters

We have received 13 pairs of wheelchair and personal assistant tickets; ambulant and personal assistant tickets are also available, and concessions apply.

Click here for full details.

Ticket sales

The below sales will take place ONLINE only and you may have to queue at times.

Tickets will be available to season ticket holders and official Members based on League Cup away fixtures recorded during the 2019-20, 2017-18 and 2016-17 seasons:

MK Dons (2019-20)
Leicester City (2017-18)
Burton Albion (2016-17)
Derby County (2016-17)
Southampton (2016-17)
Five games: from 1pm on  Friday September 10

Supporters are guaranteed a ticket and can purchase one ticket per supporter ID number, up to a maximum of 10 tickets per booking.

Sales will then take place subject to availability on a first come, first served basis until sold out.

Supporters can purchase one ticket per supporter ID number, up to a maximum of four tickets per booking.

Four or more games: from 11am on Monday September 13

Three or more games: from 1pm on Monday September 13

Should tickets remain following the initial sales, Liverpool FC will provide further sales updates here.   

Due to the ongoing pandemic, we understand that there are some fans who may not want to or cannot attend matches straight away. To ensure a fair ticket distribution process, we will not use any game credits from season 2021-22 as eligibility for ticket sales from season 2022-23 and beyond.

Offline VVM

• Kopite
« Reply #30 on: September 8, 2021, 04:41:04 pm »
Thanks for sharing. Fingers crossed it drops to all members.

Offline SDFKOP

• Main Stander
  • We've conquered all of Europe...
« Reply #31 on: September 9, 2021, 04:31:18 pm »
Villa away won't be used as a credit (they said that at the time due to fans attending the CWC as well).

It will likely go down to all members though so you'll be in with a shout

You're right, my bad. Having looked back I've got MK Dons from that season anyway, so hopefully it drops to 1.

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2021, 10:13:19 pm »
Preston, nice one. Like going there.

Offline KevLFC

• Doesn't know the offside laws
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2021, 10:14:30 pm »
Why is Harry Redknapp wearing his trousers that high up? Looks a right dork!

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA, Chester via Newtownards
« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2021, 10:15:28 pm »
Preston, nice one. Like going there.
probably similar allocation to Norwich

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: September 22, 2021, 10:16:35 pm »
probably similar allocation to Norwich

Less. Holds about 20,000 and League Cup is 10%

Might give us more if they think they wont sell out. Think they gave us the whole of the Kop last time, but that was FA Cup (15%)

Edit - 23,404.

So about 2,300. Might give us more if segregation doesn't allow 10%.

Have to see, if their concourses can't be segregated they might have to give us whole Kop again.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2021, 10:20:50 pm by Billy Elliot »

Offline Fazak_Red

• Seems to think everything is shite, not including his own one-liners though, of course not......
  • Legacy Fan
  • Forza Liverpool
« Reply #36 on: September 22, 2021, 10:17:43 pm »
I know they only have to give us 10%, but given they never get close to selling out they really should be giving us the full end.

Offline jordon148

• Main Stander
« Reply #37 on: September 22, 2021, 10:17:52 pm »
23000 ish Deepdale is I think

Offline gav91v

• Kopite
« Reply #38 on: September 22, 2021, 10:20:24 pm »
Just looked. I know it is the league, but West Brom got an intial 2,900 and then an extra allocation of 1,000 last weekend at Preston

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: September 22, 2021, 10:22:33 pm »
Just looked. I know it is the league, but West Brom got an intial 2,900 and then an extra allocation of 1,000 last weekend at Preston

So their Kop can be segregated. Reckon it'll be 2,900. They'll sell out against us.