Author Topic: Ground Entry  (Read 61598 times)

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA, Chester via Newtownards
Re: Ground Entry
« Reply #200 on: August 28, 2021, 08:02:45 pm »
15 minute queue outside, 25 minute wait for a bottle for water, about 600,000 minutes wasted by Chelsea, class day

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #201 on: August 28, 2021, 08:53:55 pm »
Was straight into Main Stand at 4:15 but my reader didn't work on Samsung this time so had to use the bar code instead.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline ChrisLFCKOP

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #202 on: August 28, 2021, 09:37:57 pm »
NFC worked but took 15-20 secs to read it, so I can see why the queues build up when it was nearly instant before.

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #203 on: August 28, 2021, 10:06:53 pm »
Now for the 4th time, straight in. As fast as the member's card. NFC every time, no barcode in sight.

The two I was with, who were there for the first time with the phone technology were straight in as well.

Must be very lucky....

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #204 on: August 28, 2021, 11:06:13 pm »
Was straight into Main Stand at 4:15 but my reader didn't work on Samsung this time so had to use the bar code instead.

We got there similar time and went straight in, no issue with readers.

Didn't seem to be as many as Burnley coming in after KO today so hopefully bit better.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #205 on: August 29, 2021, 12:18:14 am »
Got straight in again today, just refreshed my wallet & Crystal Palace appears.

Offline andyrol

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • might bring you boys a rabbit up in the week
« Reply #206 on: August 29, 2021, 08:07:39 am »
got to turnstile full of confidence the nfc would work, placed my phone against reader , no green light, but thought id give it a few seconds before i tried the barcode but the steward panicked a bit and started saying "use the barcode" so i did and straight in. i dont think he gave me enough time for my phone to be read, if they are going to do this every game what is the point of having nfc.

Offline sharkeyb

• Would pay to see a Mason's willy, but not more than £35.
  • Legacy Fan
  • He's on the floor
« Reply #207 on: August 29, 2021, 09:00:05 am »

got to turnstile full of confidence the nfc would work, placed my phone against reader , no green light, but thought id give it a few seconds before i tried the barcode but the steward panicked a bit and started saying "use the barcode" so i did and straight in. i dont think he gave me enough time for my phone to be read, if they are going to do this every game what is the point of having nfc.

More or less the same for me, last week I was on my membership and the NFC worked. This week someone transferred me a ticket (which sits seperate from my membership).

NFC didn't work twice (reader turned blue) so I just used the barcode.

While barcodes can be used touts will just use burners
Sir, the cash monies?

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #208 on: August 29, 2021, 09:00:07 am »
Got straight in again today, just refreshed my wallet & Crystal Palace appears.

Not for me, mine is now blank. All traces of Palace game are gone from my account.

Offline Rhi

• Rhisuscitated
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #209 on: August 29, 2021, 10:14:37 am »
Straight in with NFC. Works just the same as the cards used to. My brother used his barcode which took a bit longer but only by a few seconds.
“Above all, I would like to be remembered as a man who was selfless, who strove and worried so that others could share the glory, and who built up a family of people who could hold their heads up high and say 'We're Liverpool'.” - Bill Shankly

Offline TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #210 on: August 29, 2021, 10:47:25 am »
Yeah straight in with NFC on my Apple Wallet, even though it claimed my pass had become ‘expired’

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #211 on: August 29, 2021, 11:00:18 am »
Mine worked at testing, the friendly, and at the 3rd attempt for Burnley but flatly refused yesterday and I had to insert the QR code in the slot (once I'd realised I had to turn my phone around ::) )
Now I was there just after 4, there was no queue and I used a different turnstile in E each time (so maybe I will try my first one again) but that delay for lots at busy times....
We are a team of one half.

Offline Danny Boy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #212 on: August 29, 2021, 11:50:20 am »
I entered K at 4.30 with virtually no queue. I asked the steward the best way to do it and he just directed me to use the barcode straight away (which worked fine)

Offline Andypandimonium

• Kopite
« Reply #213 on: August 29, 2021, 12:07:57 pm »
Two of us got to Anfield Road as team bus came in, went straight to our turnstyle, maybe 10 people ahead of us, all in inside 2 mins before 4.30 no problem. Then long wait for game to start. Hopefully everything will settle down so we can stay outside for a bit longer in future. I, for one, saw no problems, only person being redirected without access was someone who didn't have a clue what to do...not sure he even had the NFC download as he was showing an email to the helpers.

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #214 on: August 29, 2021, 12:09:50 pm »
No problem at W getting into the main stand at around 3:45. Me and my better half presented our iPhones to two different readers as you would contactless payments and it took about 4-5 seconds to turn green
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #215 on: August 29, 2021, 12:53:15 pm »
If NFC takes a few seconds maybe I am being too impatient. It used to change straight away with cards, but good to know what is best/quickest to do
We are a team of one half.

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #216 on: August 29, 2021, 01:07:53 pm »
Straight in with NFC at the infamous turnstile 'B' yesterday. Took no longer than the members card did. I just opened the card about 5 seconds before getting to the reader.
It didn't held that stewards were telling people to 'just stick it into the reader', that's not the way NFC works!

Offline paulgil23

• Kemlynite
« Reply #217 on: August 29, 2021, 01:13:28 pm »
Exactly the same for me. Tried the NFC. After about two seconds the steward came bouncing over saying use the barcode, stick it in the reader. Ended up taking about 45 seconds in all. Probably would have worked after a few seconds with NFC.

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #218 on: August 29, 2021, 01:29:14 pm »
If NFC takes a few seconds maybe I am being too impatient. It used to change straight away with cards, but good to know what is best/quickest to do

Goes green as fast as the cards did for me. 2 seconds

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #219 on: August 29, 2021, 01:30:21 pm »
Straight in with NFC at the infamous turnstile 'B' yesterday. Took no longer than the members card did. I just opened the card about 5 seconds before getting to the reader.
It didn't held that stewards were telling people to 'just stick it into the reader', that's not the way NFC works!

They’re saying that because they are insisting everyone uses barcodes and it’s just confusing matters. They need to be better briefed

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #220 on: August 29, 2021, 01:51:46 pm »
I got in no problem with the NFC yesterday. Went in pretty early and looking down from the upper main stand window you could see the massive lines forming, they were the length of the main stand. I think the staggered times don’t work as everyone seemed to have turned up at the turnstile at the same

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #221 on: August 29, 2021, 02:11:38 pm »
They’re saying that because they are insisting everyone uses barcodes and it’s just confusing matters. They need to be better briefed
It’s difficult for the stewards when they’ve got big queues to deal with, they want to keep things moving as quickly as possible, but I think that’s right, a little bit more patience for the NFC to work would probably speed things up ultimately

I don’t know if they’re doing it as I’ve been going in early but they should have the fan support and some stewards making sure those nearest the front of queues have their phones ready for the NFC, rather than asking them to use the barcode
« Last Edit: August 29, 2021, 02:15:12 pm by duvva »

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #222 on: August 29, 2021, 02:54:00 pm »
It’s difficult for the stewards when they’ve got big queues to deal with, they want to keep things moving as quickly as possible, but I think that’s right, a little bit more patience for the NFC to work would probably speed things up ultimately

I don’t know if they’re doing it as I’ve been going in early but they should have the fan support and some stewards making sure those nearest the front of queues have their phones ready for the NFC, rather than asking them to use the barcode

Having their phones ready, but at the same time not having their NFC passes up too early, because after 30 seconds (I think) it won't work and you need to close and re-open. I think that's what is causing most of the issues with the NFC

I open mine just as it's my turn to go through.

Offline Carllfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #223 on: August 29, 2021, 02:59:32 pm »
In easy again at the turnstile, however you should not have to queue at all at 4pm for a 5.30pm kick off, they cant keep doing that for the whole season.

Offline paulgil23

• Kemlynite
« Reply #224 on: August 29, 2021, 03:08:50 pm »
In easy again at the turnstile, however you should not have to queue at all at 4pm for a 5.30pm kick off, they cant keep doing that for the whole season.
Exactly this. They haven’t nailed it by getting most people in on time yesterday. We shouldn’t have to get there two hours before kick off. Nothing even on the screens in the main stand concourse yesterday.

Offline Barrowred

• Kopite
« Reply #225 on: August 29, 2021, 03:23:15 pm »
Both games this season had no problems getting in using NFC. The queue to get in turnstile S is a different story, 35 minutes yesterday from turning up at 4-30 which was longer than the Burnley game.
Loads of people were jumping the queue and people getting in the queue for the Annie rd end, and vice versa.
I hope they can speed things up before the bad weather starts to kick in as I don't fancy being stuck out in a queue in the freezing cold or pissing rain for that length of time

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #226 on: August 29, 2021, 03:32:11 pm »
In a shop I can use my debit card or my phone and both done in less than a second.
Isn't that (contactless) NFC?

And my old LFC members card - that acted like my debit card - in straight away.
So what's the issue with the phones not working like the old card did, and like my contactless apple pay?

Is it different somehow?

Offline PeterJM

• The Queens Drive Dodger. Has a reckless appetite for meat
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #227 on: August 29, 2021, 03:34:18 pm »
NFC has never worked for me so far always been the QR code.A head steward was telling the steward on our turnstile that if the NFC or code doesn't work first time to drag the person out and a few people didn't his turn of phrase and let him know.The queues for the main stand were just so chaotic that I can't see how any health & safety policies are being adhered to.

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #228 on: August 29, 2021, 03:36:00 pm »
In a shop I can use my debit card or my phone and both done in less than a second.
Isn't that (contactless) NFC?

And my old LFC members card - that acted like my debit card - in straight away.
So what's the issue with the phones not working like the old card did, and like my contactless apple pay?

Is it different somehow?

Well it does work the same as members card for me, people I went with yesterday, and loads of others.

What are you doing when you get to the turnstiles? How are you trying to enter? Are you leaving the pass open on your phone for a while rather than opening it just as you get to the turnstile?

Offline Barrowred

• Kopite
« Reply #229 on: August 29, 2021, 03:41:25 pm »
Both games this season had no problems getting in using NFC. The queue to get in turnstile S is a different story, 35 minutes yesterday from turning up at 4-30 which was longer than the Burnley game.
Loads of people were jumping the queue and people getting in the queue for the Annie rd end, and vice versa.
I hope they can speed things up before the bad weather starts to kick in as I don't fancy being stuck out in a queue in the freezing cold or pissing rain for that length of time
I should have added, been going in this turnstile since the new main stand opened and never queued more than 5 minutes when going in on my card, now it's taking at least 5 times as long.

Offline paulgil23

• Kemlynite
« Reply #230 on: August 29, 2021, 03:46:06 pm »
Well it does work the same as members card for me, people I went with yesterday, and loads of others.

What are you doing when you get to the turnstiles? How are you trying to enter? Are you leaving the pass open on your phone for a while rather than opening it just as you get to the turnstile?
It’s not user error in most cases. Me and my mate go in each game at the same time, same turnstile, and get our phones our and open the app just as it’s our turn. His NFC works instantly each time. Mine doesn’t and have had to use the code each time. He’s got an iPhone and mine is android. Don’t know if that’s anything to do with it.

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #231 on: August 29, 2021, 04:15:47 pm »

Oh should have said sorry I’m not going this season taking a year out so not tried it. (Just a bit baffled why it’s caused so many issues and interested to understand it a bit more).

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #232 on: August 29, 2021, 04:17:19 pm »
Oh should have said sorry I’m not going this season taking a year out so not tried it. (Just a bit baffled why it’s caused so many issues and interested to understand it a bit more).

There does seem to be more issues with android than iphone tbf

Offline Biscuitman

• Anny Roader
« Reply #233 on: August 29, 2021, 05:31:03 pm »

The tech is definitely getting better but there are still fans having issues once at the turnstiles which impacts the queue obviously plus because of all the previous trouble lots of people are turning up around 90 minutes or so before kickoff to be sure of getting in quickly.
This then causes further queueing which only exacerbates the problem. Which then means you’ve got packed concourses within the ground and bar staff overwhelmed by the demand.
It’s a good thing us Brits like to queue!

Offline LFCStuart

• Main Stander
  • YNWA
« Reply #234 on: August 29, 2021, 06:41:41 pm »
Got in via Entrance W for the Main Stand with no issues yesterday just after the turnstiles opened and was actually in the ground before 3.30. Held my iPhone up to the reader and the green light came on almost instantly.  I did notice a few people in front of me trying to stick their phone into the slot or holding it back to front. I'm generally at Anfield between 2-3 hours ahead of kick off anyway depending on train times, but wouldn't usually go inside until about an hour from kick off.  Inside 2 hours early is too much.

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #235 on: August 29, 2021, 06:46:35 pm »
The club should do some testing with various phones, and operating systems and work out where the issues are and then put out advice or short videos on how to present the phones depending on how they behave. Stewards and support staffed should also be briefed on this.

It’s clearly going to take some time to get things right but they need to be able start being more proactive in helping supporters get it right and therefore reducing the queue times for everyone

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #236 on: August 29, 2021, 07:52:03 pm »
It’s not user error in most cases. Me and my mate go in each game at the same time, same turnstile, and get our phones our and open the app just as it’s our turn. His NFC works instantly each time. Mine doesn’t and have had to use the code each time. He’s got an iPhone and mine is android. Don’t know if that’s anything to do with it.

Do you have battery saver turned on? What sort of a case do you use?
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #237 on: August 29, 2021, 09:16:58 pm »
Was queing up for the Kop before 5. Didn't get in till after kick off (six minute).

Yes I know the club told us to get there early so it is on me, but it is also on them to not have a system with 45 minute queues.

It will hopefully get better but it needs a close inspection, more staff and to be honest more turnstiles.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #238 on: August 29, 2021, 09:38:54 pm »
Had a chat with one of the stewards yesterday whilst queuing and they're as fed up as we are. "I really hope the Premier League fuck this off" one of them said. Think the feeling within the club is similar too but their hands are tied.

Offline L4Red

• Kopite
« Reply #239 on: August 29, 2021, 09:42:39 pm »
Had a chat with one of the stewards yesterday whilst queuing and they're as fed up as we are. "I really hope the Premier League fuck this off" one of them said. Think the feeling within the club is similar too but their hands are tied.

I hope you jotted their badge number down, not the language I expect from a representative of Liverpool Football Club.

;D