Author Topic: Friends and Family  (Read 105168 times)

Offline SouthDerryLaggo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Enjoy these times
Re: Friends and Family
« Reply #400 on: July 16, 2022, 05:33:28 pm »
Any chance of the club reversing this?
At first I was hesitant but the amount of people moaning actually makes no sense.
I understand missing a handful, 3 at most but some people must be messing with the excuses they have
haha yes. There is always a sob story. Seen some great excuses on here and on twitter. "loyal members with full credits being kicked to the kerb"
YNWA

Offline jonesygeez

• Main Stander
« Reply #401 on: July 20, 2022, 10:36:01 am »
Hi Sorry if this has already been covered.

Think i've got all my friends and family list sorted now, but to transfer tickets, do i also need to add them to my sons FNF (ball ache)

OR

Can I just transfer as the lead booker both tickets should I need to this season?  Dont wanna be caught short after aug 5

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #402 on: July 20, 2022, 10:37:08 am »
You'll need to add anyone your son is transferring to to his list.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline jonesygeez

• Main Stander
« Reply #403 on: July 20, 2022, 11:09:13 am »
You'll need to add anyone your son is transferring to to his list.

Jeez that will take some time!

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #404 on: July 20, 2022, 11:23:38 am »
Jeez that will take some time!

Welcome to the fun world of LFC ticketing ;D
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline cmred

• Kemlynite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #405 on: July 20, 2022, 01:43:12 pm »
Family and friends definitely do not need to be members? just have a supporter id like last season?

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #406 on: July 20, 2022, 01:51:14 pm »
Family and friends definitely do not need to be members? just have a supporter id like last season?

Last season they didn't need to be anything. A name and email address was all that was needed to transfer a ticket.

This season they have to be exclusively on your friends and family list which means you need to have a supporter ID. You dont need to be a member.

Offline Marko78

• Kemlynite
« Reply #407 on: July 20, 2022, 02:00:51 pm »
Last season they didn't need to be anything. A name and email address was all that was needed to transfer a ticket.

This season they have to be exclusively on your friends and family list which means you need to have a supporter ID. You dont need to be a member.

Is that correct mate ?
So in theory a non member supporter ID could bag credits to every game this season ?
Doesn’t sound right does it

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #408 on: July 20, 2022, 02:01:55 pm »
Is that correct mate ?
So in theory a non member supporter ID could bag credits to every game this season ?
Doesn’t sound right does it

A non-member can have a ticket transferred but won't get the credit (but the person forwarding will still lose it) is what I understand. Not sure if they could then become a member and claim the credit afterwards or if you have to already be a member to get it though.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Online ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #409 on: July 20, 2022, 02:14:37 pm »
A non-member can have a ticket transferred but won't get the credit (but the person forwarding will still lose it) is what I understand. Not sure if they could then become a member and claim the credit afterwards or if you have to already be a member to get it though.
Yes they can.
Quote from: Harvest Fields
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #410 on: July 20, 2022, 02:16:20 pm »
Yes they can.

Thanks, that's handy to know.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #411 on: July 20, 2022, 02:16:24 pm »

That's exactly what the new system enables. Someone that has never gone in their life can end up in the guaranteed sale next season because 2 of their mates transferred them enough tickets.
They don't even need to be a member this season, just get a membership next season.

Offline gregor

• Partial to a Swiss Roll
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #412 on: July 20, 2022, 02:29:50 pm »
That's exactly what the new system enables. Someone that has never gone in their life can end up in the guaranteed sale next season because 2 of their mates transferred them enough tickets.
They don't even need to be a member this season, just get a membership next season.

This is possible, but aside from touts how likely is this going to be? If their two mates have enough credits to be able to spare that many, they'll both need to be on 19 games, and even then one of them will be then giving them 7 matches, thereby removing themselves from the 13+ cohort as they'd only have 12 left. This is aside from the fact that most people who are on 19 won't want to just not attend 6 or 7 games. Is someone who has never gone to the match in their life likely to be good enough mates with people who would do that? As I say this situation is theoretically possible but it seems incredibly unlikely to be common.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2022, 02:33:28 pm by gregor »

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #413 on: July 20, 2022, 02:31:47 pm »
I take it the credit system doesn't apply to season ticket holders who transfer their game tickets? They still retain their Season ticket and cup game credits?

Else you'll have a season ticket holder who is guaranteed a ST next season and a guy who's been sent games qualifying for members sales off the back of season ticket holders giving their games. You're just shifting more and more people into the pool for members sales and there will still be the same number of Season ticket holders.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2022, 02:34:27 pm by gazzalfc »

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #414 on: July 20, 2022, 02:34:47 pm »
This is possible, but aside from touts how likely is this going to be? If their two mates have enough credits to be able to spare that many, they'll both need to be on 19 games, and even then one of them will be then giving them 7 matches, thereby removing themselves from the 13+ cohort as they'd only have 12 left. This is aside from the fact that most people who are on 19 won't want to just not attend 6 or 7 games. As I say this situation is theoretically possible but it seems incredibly unlikely to be common.

If, as rumoured, the 13+ will drop next season then it will definitely be possible to get a brand new guaranteed membership using 2 others. I doubt it will be something that every other supporter is doing, but the fact it is even possible is ridiculous in my view.

Offline gregor

• Partial to a Swiss Roll
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #415 on: July 20, 2022, 02:41:37 pm »
Seems a very big risk to take though giving away enough games to go below 13 based on hearsay, just through the goodness of your heart to help out your mate who has never been interested in football up to now. I sort of get the argument that being able to transfer tickets makes it harder for people who don't know anyone to get tickets, as they don't have mates to get the odd spare off, but surely the credit should go to the person who attends the match?

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA, Chester via Newtownards
« Reply #416 on: July 20, 2022, 02:41:59 pm »
I take it the credit system doesn't apply to season ticket holders who transfer their game tickets? They still retain their Season ticket and cup game credits?

Else you'll have a season ticket holder who is guaranteed a ST next season and a guy who's been sent games qualifying for members sales off the back of season ticket holders giving their games. You're just shifting more and more people into the pool for members sales and there will still be the same number of Season ticket holders.
if you get a ticket from a STH it doesn't count as a credit

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #417 on: July 20, 2022, 02:42:37 pm »

To counter that number somewhat though there will be people who aren't members who have a ticket transferred to them and won't get the credit, but that credit will disappear from the person who forwarded it on.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #418 on: July 20, 2022, 02:45:12 pm »
Seems a very big risk to take though giving away enough games to go below 13 based on hearsay, just through the goodness of your heart to help out your mate who has never been interested in football up to now. I sort of get the argument that being able to transfer tickets makes it harder for people who don't know anyone to get tickets, as they don't have mates to get the odd spare off, but surely the credit should go to the person who attends the match?

I agree with the change from the purchaser retaining the credit if they don't go. I just don't agree with it being given to the person that receives it.

For me, it should be if you buy it direct from the club and attend you get the credit. If you get it elsewhere, you don't.

Offline MKB

• Martin
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #419 on: July 20, 2022, 04:05:50 pm »
...it should be if you buy it direct from the club and attend you get the credit. If you get it elsewhere, you don't.

That's a very good shout.  Why on earth would they not have done it that way? The only explanation I can see is that the decision-makers in the TO are in collusion with those who currently run the 19-credit tout accounts and want to enable the latter's ability to create extra 13+ accounts.  Otherwise, it's gross ineptitude.

Offline upthereds1993

• Anny Roader
« Reply #420 on: July 20, 2022, 05:23:22 pm »
I agree with the change from the purchaser retaining the credit if they don't go. I just don't agree with it being given to the person that receives it.

For me, it should be if you buy it direct from the club and attend you get the credit. If you get it elsewhere, you don't.
Completely agree.

Everybody will have their own personal gripe with the new system based on their circumstances but the worst thing about it for me is the lack of credit if you purchase a STH return through the late sales / drops.

I've gotten to about 10 league games a season, give or take, along with all of the cups for a few years now. The vast majority of those league tickets are from refreshing in the week running up to the game and it's my understanding that most tickets purchased this way are through STH returns. Never bothered with the bulk sales, for one due to the stress, but mainly due to financial reasons and not wanting to front out an additional £300/400 around the same time I usually go on holiday or in the run up to Christmas.

Obviously now with not getting a credit for purchasing late returns it looks that I could potentially drop out of the 4+ criteria for 23/24, even though I will almost certainly attend over double the amount of games and purchase every one of those tickets through the club legitimately. Mad!

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #421 on: July 20, 2022, 06:08:44 pm »

This should be the way!

Offline anitrella

• Anny Roader
« Reply #422 on: July 21, 2022, 07:54:16 am »
What happens if my mum who’s over 65, transfers me her ticket due to not being able to go, I’m a normal paying adult. What will happen to the difference in price, will the club be bothered?

Online ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #423 on: July 21, 2022, 07:59:15 am »
What happens if my mum who’s over 65, transfers me her ticket due to not being able to go, I’m a normal paying adult. What will happen to the difference in price, will the club be bothered?
I spoke to the club about this on Monday via the live chat, the answer was ‘this has not been confirmed yet’.

No way will they let adults go in on a kids ticket without paying the difference (last season was an exception), they’ll rightly be uproar if they don’t refund the difference when it’s the other way around.
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Offline anitrella

• Anny Roader
« Reply #424 on: July 21, 2022, 08:03:33 am »
I spoke to the club about this on Monday via the live chat, the answer was ‘this has not been confirmed yet’.

No way will they let adults go in on a kids ticket without paying the difference (last season was an exception), they’ll rightly be uproar if they don’t refund the difference when it’s the other way around.
nice one cheers, you’re right I don’t think it’ll go unnoticed. Just read the FAQs and it says ‘there’ll be a mechanism to for this’ to enable transfer to different price categories

Online ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #425 on: July 21, 2022, 08:22:58 am »
nice one cheers, you’re right I don’t think it’ll go unnoticed. Just read the FAQs and it says ‘there’ll be a mechanism to for this’ to enable transfer to different price categories
It doesn’t specifically mention the price difference though :

‘‘Can I transfer an adult ticket to a junior and vice versa?

‘Yes, there will be a mechanism to facilitate this’

I’d like to think that the club will do the right thing but as I’ve found out numerous times over the years, especially with the TO, expect the unexpected!

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #426 on: July 21, 2022, 09:32:56 am »
The response I got was

Hello, downgrades are possible, your friend must purchase the tickets in their relevant price band, if he is transferring a ticket to your kids for one of the matches we would advise him to get in touch on a game by game basis to arrange the downgrade. - Kev

Online ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #427 on: July 21, 2022, 09:54:09 am »
The response I got was
Nice 1, you’d like to think that apart from allowing the transfer, the relevant price difference will automatically be applied as well, either way.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #428 on: July 21, 2022, 10:13:01 am »
Nice 1, you’d like to think that apart from allowing the transfer, the relevant price difference will automatically be applied as well, either way.

My question was specific to the price. I'm bringing my 5 year old to a game and would have been livid had they said I had to pay £59 for an adult ticket for her. I take from it that the price difference will have to be requested rather than automatically applied.

Online ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #429 on: July 21, 2022, 11:14:10 am »
My question was specific to the price. I'm bringing my 5 year old to a game and would have been livid had they said I had to pay £59 for an adult ticket for her. I take from it that the price difference will have to be requested rather than automatically applied.
Same situation as me then, yeah I agree, I’m glad that it looks like common sense has prevailed.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #430 on: July 21, 2022, 11:52:28 am »
Same situation as me then, yeah I agree, I’m glad that it looks like common sense has prevailed.

I'm bringing her to Wolves game. If you've to do it for an earlier one let me know the craic with it

Online ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #431 on: July 21, 2022, 01:35:55 pm »
I'm bringing her to Wolves game. If you've to do it for an earlier one let me know the craic with it
Will do, I'm bringing my daughter to the Palace game so I'll definitely let you know what happens

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #432 on: July 21, 2022, 10:27:10 pm »
If, as rumoured, the 13+ will drop next season then it will definitely be possible to get a brand new guaranteed membership using 2 others. I doubt it will be something that every other supporter is doing, but the fact it is even possible is ridiculous in my view.

i think people are wedded to 13+ though so i think it'd take a few seasons for this to really drop. i probably need to strip down the number of fixtures i go to but at the minimum i will go to 13 this season just to be safe and i imagine many others will do so too, just in case. not that we go just for the credits but you know  ;D
YNWA.

Offline fintanmar

• Main Stander
« Reply #433 on: July 26, 2022, 02:02:15 pm »
Does anyone have the link to create a supporter ID handy?

Offline Philipm20

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #434 on: July 26, 2022, 02:20:36 pm »

Offline fintanmar

• Main Stander

Offline Danny Boy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #436 on: July 27, 2022, 05:00:05 pm »
Please can someone clarify - will the F&F list be in play for STH this season or not?

It's been very clear from the club's announcements that members will only be able to transfer to other members on their F&F list that have been added by 5th August but it hasn't specifically said whether this will apply to STH as well, or whether it will be like last season for STH i.e. email transfer (unless I've missed something?).

Offline anfieldash

• Kopite
« Reply #437 on: July 27, 2022, 06:10:47 pm »
It applies to STs the same as members. Ticket Forwarding and Ticket Exchange guidance has Season Tickets and Members using the same system.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #438 on: July 27, 2022, 09:11:50 pm »
Please can someone clarify - will the F&F list be in play for STH this season or not?

It's been very clear from the club's announcements that members will only be able to transfer to other members on their F&F list that have been added by 5th August but it hasn't specifically said whether this will apply to STH as well, or whether it will be like last season for STH i.e. email transfer (unless I've missed something?).

Yes ST holders can forward to any F&F - but the F&F must have a supporter ID. See a few posts up to find out how to get one.

Offline grmblk

• Boys Pen
« Reply #439 on: July 28, 2022, 08:52:38 am »
Yes ST holders can forward to any F&F - but the F&F must have a supporter ID. See a few posts up to find out how to get one.

Is there a limit to how many games a ST holder can forward to a F&F?  I'm planning on sharing my ST with a mate this season as I'll miss most midweeks due to work, so was hoping to transfer a few to him.