Author Topic: 2021/22 TV Fixtures  (Read 42069 times)

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA, Chester via Newtownards
Re: 2021/22 TV Fixtures
« Reply #200 on: February 4, 2022, 12:12:15 pm »
It’s not on TV, was originally set for BT.
not sure if champions league same night prevents it from being on TV?

Online Dan The Man 28373

• Legacy Fan
  • We Always win in Rome!!
« Reply #201 on: February 4, 2022, 02:07:02 pm »

UEFA have relaxed the ruling that domestic games can't be on the same day/week as the CL game, but according to the LFC website, the Leeds game definitely won't be on TV.

Offline stonecold_jpm

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #202 on: February 4, 2022, 02:49:59 pm »

Well they do have all those CL games on so probably no free channel to put it on so have released their tv pick and will get another game to choose somewhere else I’d imagine.

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #203 on: February 16, 2022, 05:55:26 pm »
Am I right in saying if we go out against Norwich in the FA cup the United game will definitely be March 20th?

If we progress against Norwich then could it be midweek, say Wednesday 16th?
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #204 on: February 16, 2022, 05:57:03 pm »
Am I right in saying if we go out against Norwich in the FA cup the United game will definitely be March 20th?

If we progress against Norwich then could it be midweek, say Wednesday 16th?

Yes, it'll definitely be 20th if Norwich win. If we win, there's no guarantee when it'll be.
This is the schedule as it stands. I reckon we probably fit the Arsenal game in before United.

I think this is right, obviously the dates aren't 100% accurate as if we got that far at least one of the CL legs would be a Tuesday and TV games etc

Wed 16th Feb      Inter
Sat 19th Feb      Norwich
Weds 23rd Feb           Leeds
Sun 27th Feb      Chelsea
Wed 2nd Mar      FA Cup 5th Round
Sat 5th Mar      West Ham
Tue 8th Mar      Inter
Sat 12th Mar      Brighton
FREE MIDWEEK      
Sun 20th Mar      Man Utd/FA Cup 6th Round
21-29 Mar      International break
Sat 2nd Apr      Watford
Wed 6th Apr      CL QF
Sat 9th Apr      Man City
Wed 13th Apr      CL QF
Sat 16th Apr      Aston Villa/FA Cup SF
FREE MIDWEEK      
Sat 23rd Apr      Everton
Wed 27 Apr      CL SF
Sat 30th Apr      Newcastle
Wed 4th May      CL SF
Sat 7th May      Tottenham
FREE MIDWEEK      
Sun 15th May      Southampton/FA Cup Final
FREE MIDWEEK   
Sun 22nd May       Wolves
« Last Edit: February 16, 2022, 06:00:03 pm by Barneylfc∗ »
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Levitz

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #205 on: February 17, 2022, 10:43:04 pm »
Trying to work out accommodation for a long weekend In Liverpool around the derby. Do we think the match wil/can move from Saturday, given the potential CL?
Liverpool ist Rad!

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #206 on: February 18, 2022, 08:31:50 am »
Trying to work out accommodation for a long weekend In Liverpool around the derby. Do we think the match wil/can move from Saturday, given the potential CL?

No doubt they'll be caveats around April's fixtures when the televised games are announced. So we may not know this until Mid April.

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #207 on: February 18, 2022, 11:22:17 pm »
Yes, it'll definitely be 20th if Norwich win. If we win, there's no guarantee when it'll be.
This is the schedule as it stands. I reckon we probably fit the Arsenal game in before United.

So first opportunity for the united game to be played will be Tuesday 19th or Wednesday 20th April if we progress in the cup.

Or even the Thursday!

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #208 on: February 19, 2022, 01:31:43 am »
So first opportunity for the united game to be played will be Tuesday 19th or Wednesday 20th April if we progress in the cup.

Or even the Thursday!
Wednesday seems most likely, Everton is probably going to stick on the Saturday because if United the Thursday it means Everton would have to be the Sunday and the UCL SF the Wednesday but they won't know about UCL until only the week before United. Also Tuesday isn't really an option incase of a FA Cup semi on the Sunday or Villa game potentially

Offline stonecold_jpm

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #209 on: February 19, 2022, 05:58:05 am »
I don't think Utd would be in the free April midweek as I have a feeling if its postponed Sky are going to pick the Villa match for the Monday night slot, that way they can engineer the Utd match for the last two weeks of the season. The derby is likely to be the Saturday following as its either going to be a BT or Sky first pick with the other probably picking Arsenal v Utd, so that would leave the April midweek impossible. Weds 11th May is my best guess for Utd, and I've booked that day off work in case, though it could just as easily be the 18th May. Either way we won't know until after the FA Cup 5th round is played as they said this:

Due to the number of outstanding Premier League matches still to be rescheduled as well as other potential postponements as a result of the FA Cup Quarter-Final draw, only the opening two match rounds in April will be announced early next week.

The rest of the month's broadcast selections will be confirmed following the completion of the FA Cup Fifth Round.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2022, 06:05:49 am by stonecold_jpm »

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #210 on: February 19, 2022, 07:52:25 am »
I don't think Utd would be in the free April midweek as I have a feeling if its postponed Sky are going to pick the Villa match for the Monday night slot, that way they can engineer the Utd match for the last two weeks of the season. The derby is likely to be the Saturday following as its either going to be a BT or Sky first pick with the other probably picking Arsenal v Utd, so that would leave the April midweek impossible. Weds 11th May is my best guess for Utd, and I've booked that day off work in case, though it could just as easily be the 18th May. Either way we won't know until after the FA Cup 5th round is played as they said this:

Due to the number of outstanding Premier League matches still to be rescheduled as well as other potential postponements as a result of the FA Cup Quarter-Final draw, only the opening two match rounds in April will be announced early next week.

The rest of the month's broadcast selections will be confirmed following the completion of the FA Cup Fifth Round.
the Villa game can't be the Monday night if we make the FAC SF you're right they could leave United into May but our fixture that week is gonna Tuesday at the earliest if we make FAC SF

Offline stonecold_jpm

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #211 on: February 19, 2022, 12:16:50 pm »
the Villa game can't be the Monday night if we make the FAC SF you're right they could leave United into May but our fixture that week is gonna Tuesday at the earliest if we make FAC SF

They can schedule it for the Monday so it would block off the Tues/Weds for the Utd game and should we then reach the Semi Final its a simple move for the Villa game to push that forward two days. We've yet to have a Monday night match and that is really the only match left that is possible for it due to CL games.

Offline James_1906

• Kopite
« Reply #212 on: February 19, 2022, 12:29:02 pm »
It gets complicated when we’re so good! Haha

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #213 on: February 19, 2022, 05:09:24 pm »
It gets complicated when we’re so good! Haha
good problems to have!

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #214 on: February 20, 2022, 11:15:40 am »
Apologies for posting this query in this thread but have been trawling for a suitable thread and can't find one...does anyone know the date of the start of next season? I've seen the weekend of 6th August mentioned but can't find confirmation of if that is the Community Shield weekend or the actual PL start? Nowhere seems to list a date for the Community Shield. Need to know for booking holidays! Thanks in advance anyone who can help. :)
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Philipm20

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #215 on: February 20, 2022, 11:30:24 am »
Apologies for posting this query in this thread but have been trawling for a suitable thread and can't find one...does anyone know the date of the start of next season? I've seen the weekend of 6th August mentioned but can't find confirmation of if that is the Community Shield weekend or the actual PL start? Nowhere seems to list a date for the Community Shield. Need to know for booking holidays! Thanks in advance anyone who can help. :)

https://www.premierleague.com/news/2264107 I do believe it starts on the 6th August
« Last Edit: February 20, 2022, 01:39:29 pm by Philipm20 »

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #216 on: February 20, 2022, 11:31:17 am »

Yes

https://www.premierleague.com/news/2264107

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #217 on: February 20, 2022, 01:19:55 pm »
Thanks both, so CS is 31st July?
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #218 on: February 20, 2022, 01:29:59 pm »

I think it's an early start/late finish due to the world cup in Nov/Dec mate.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #219 on: February 20, 2022, 01:44:37 pm »

Most likely yeah. Looking at previous seasons, the date for that doesn't be confirmed until the season is finished

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #220 on: February 20, 2022, 02:11:11 pm »
Thanks! Won't risk being abroad for 6th August then!

Online DangerScouse

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #221 on: February 21, 2022, 11:34:22 am »
Due to be an announcement today for April, as unlikely as it is to happen?

Online Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #222 on: February 21, 2022, 11:56:14 am »

Yes but if its today, only going to be first 2 rounds. Rest will be done after cup 5th round.

Online Tommypig

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #223 on: February 21, 2022, 01:39:38 pm »
Yes but if its today, only going to be first 2 rounds. Rest will be done after cup 5th round.

Even then the dates won't be firm as us and City will have Champions League Quarter finals either side of the City game so Sky will want Sunday 4.30 for City game if one of us has our 2nd leg Tuesday 12th it won't work!

Offline stonecold_jpm

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #224 on: February 21, 2022, 02:08:14 pm »
Even then the dates won't be firm as us and City will have Champions League Quarter finals either side of the City game so Sky will want Sunday 4.30 for City game if one of us has our 2nd leg Tuesday 12th it won't work!

You would think they’d have the sense to have City as the Saturday 5.30pm kick off so there’s no issues with CL QF’s.

Offline keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #225 on: February 21, 2022, 02:14:08 pm »
You would think they’d have the sense to have City as the Saturday 5.30pm kick off so there’s no issues with CL QF’s.
It’s not going to be on the same day as the Grand National. It will definitely be on the Sunday.
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Online swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #226 on: February 21, 2022, 02:21:35 pm »
It’s not going to be on the same day as the Grand National. It will definitely be on the Sunday.

It's the away game so the Grand National shouldn't matter.
Also, if either side plays in the CL the following Tuesday then it will have to be the Saturday.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #227 on: February 21, 2022, 02:55:44 pm »
we've played home games same day as the national it doesn't matter

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #228 on: February 21, 2022, 02:57:07 pm »
it'll be either 12:30 or 5:30, maybe even 7:45. They'll have to put it on the Saturday because they don't know UEFAs fixtures yet and it's likely one of us will be playing the Tuesday

Online Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #229 on: February 21, 2022, 03:05:53 pm »
it'll be either 12:30 or 5:30, maybe even 7:45. They'll have to put it on the Saturday because they don't know UEFAs fixtures yet and it's likely one of us will be playing the Tuesday

It may be one of those horrible ones, that it is Sunday with a caveat to swap with Everton v Man United dependant on the draw.

We are usually paired with United for uefa tv fixtures to be on different nights - not sure if it is us or city this season paired with them, probably them, but neither have played same night as utd. And if Utd/City both home 2nd leg one of them will have to play Tues anyway.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #230 on: February 21, 2022, 03:08:13 pm »
It may be one of those horrible ones, that it is Sunday with a caveat to swap with Everton v Man United dependant on the draw.

We are usually paired with United for uefa tv fixtures to be on different nights - not sure if it is us or city this season paired with them, probably them, but neither have played same night as utd. And if Utd/City both home 2nd leg one of them will have to play Tues anyway.
but United could easily play the Tuesday too plus didn't they say if you play in Europe on the Wednesday you won't be the 12:30 kickoff on the Saturday anymore? It's a bit of a mess

Online Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #231 on: February 21, 2022, 03:24:39 pm »
but United could easily play the Tuesday too plus didn't they say if you play in Europe on the Wednesday you won't be the 12:30 kickoff on the Saturday anymore? It's a bit of a mess

Yes, if you get the Weds/Tue turnaround the only time you can realistically play on tv is Sat 17.30 or 19:45. That's why if they select Man united or Chelsea for tv it will have to have a caveat.
UEFA wont care about the domestic fixtures, it is up to the domestic ones to move to accommodate.

Offline stonecold_jpm

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #232 on: February 21, 2022, 04:48:31 pm »

It won’t be 12.30 cos there’s no chance Sky aren’t picking it as a first pick. Either be Saturday 17.30 or be set as Sunday 16.30 with an asterisk for moving it to the Saturday evening slot.

Offline stonecold_jpm

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #233 on: February 21, 2022, 04:53:27 pm »
Meanwhile I expect BT to first pick our match with Watford at home for a Sat 12.30 kick off after the international break, it’s one they’ve picked a lot the last few seasons.

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #234 on: February 21, 2022, 05:09:42 pm »
Meanwhile I expect BT to first pick our match with Watford at home for a Sat 12.30 kick off after the international break, it’s one they’ve picked a lot the last few seasons.

Yeah that is possible Brazil/Columbia play on Tuesday so its not too bad if they do.

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #235 on: February 21, 2022, 05:24:57 pm »

Is this going to happen today? Or will it be after fa cup fixtures now do we think?
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Online DangerScouse

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #236 on: February 21, 2022, 05:27:05 pm »
Is this going to happen today? Or will it be after fa cup fixtures now do we think?

Won't be today. Latest they announce it is 5. It'll be this week but who knows when exactly.

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #237 on: February 21, 2022, 05:28:18 pm »
Watford is likely to stay that date by my logic?
YNWA.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #238 on: February 21, 2022, 06:06:54 pm »
Watford is likely to stay that date by my logic?
yes most likely, unless they say Sunday with potential move to Saturday

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #239 on: February 21, 2022, 08:34:48 pm »
yes most likely, unless they say Sunday with potential move to Saturday

Cheers, will be the one game I'll miss this half of the season I think
YNWA.