Author Topic: THE NON-LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD  (Read 1737168 times)

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: THE NON-LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD
« Reply #12960 on: August 5, 2022, 05:04:05 pm »
Leicester are correct to hold out for £80m for Fofana in a world where Cucurella is going for up to £63m. Elite CBS are hard to come by and while Fofana obviously isn’t that yet, he’s presumably being targeted because Chelsea think he can be.

And Wolves turning that down for a player who doesn’t start for them… wow.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #12961 on: August 5, 2022, 05:09:49 pm »
Six years and five loans later Matt Miazga finally leaves Chelsea on a free to join FC Cincinnati

Probably missed by most during all their transfer madness this summer but they've just bought an 18 year old keeper from Chicago. Basically pissing his career away as he'll get the Miazga treatment in spending years on loan before leaving on a free.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #12962 on: August 5, 2022, 05:34:29 pm »
Football inflation, eh?

Kieran Maguire@KieranMaguire
The sales of Cucurella and Ben White exceed what Brighton paid to build the Amex stadium #BHAFC

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #12963 on: August 5, 2022, 05:38:15 pm »
Six years and five loans later Matt Miazga finally leaves Chelsea on a free to join FC Cincinnati

Absolute madness.  :o
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #12964 on: August 5, 2022, 05:45:44 pm »
It's funny, the more players I see them bring in, the more I become convinced they aren't going to have a good season. As soon as you come up the goal is basically to stay up and then build your way up the table, but I look at them and think the more changes you make the quicker I fancy you to go.

I do think they'll stay up this season, probably a low-bottom half finish, but it relies on them making a good start and bedding these new players in quickly. I'm becoming more and more convinced they could 'do a Fulham' as happened in 2018 when they brought in a firm of no marks for big money.

It seems very similar to Villa when they came up and they stayed up by the skin of their teeth on the last day with a low points total.

They've bought a fair few players who were great in The Championship last season like Neco Williams and basically Huddersfield's best players. Gibbs White was, outside Fulham at least, the best player in the division. Whether these players can hit the ground running in the PL in a new team remains to be seen. Then there's mercenary players like Lingard and punts from abroad.

I don't see it going well but don't necessarily think they'll go down. They're capable of finishing above 3+ teams, as we seen with Everton it's difficult to fuck that up if you've not got a bottom few budget. I don't see them doing as well as, say, Leeds or Sheff United when they first came up with more settled teams, rather than fucking up the wage structure and buying a new team.
« Last Edit: August 5, 2022, 05:50:48 pm by Fromola »
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12965 on: August 5, 2022, 06:01:41 pm »
Football inflation, eh?

Kieran Maguire@KieranMaguire
The sales of Cucurella and Ben White exceed what Brighton paid to build the Amex stadium #BHAFC

They've done some excellent business for years now,well other than strikers,have to keep doing it and keep Potter.

Reminiscent of Southampton some years ago.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #12966 on: August 5, 2022, 06:08:08 pm »
They've done some excellent business for years now,well other than strikers,have to keep doing it and keep Potter.

Reminiscent of Southampton some years ago.

Just lost Dan Ashworth to Newcastle this summer though, he was key to their recruitment.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12967 on: August 6, 2022, 01:44:01 am »
These fees make more thankful we got Nunez done early.

Some crazy money on some players. 60m for Cucurella is crazy. Martinez another one.
Naturally the Sky fee©®™ will be sans any addons of course, so it'll be painted as a £40m coup due to the Plastics geographical location.

Offline AmanShah21

• May be Frank Colombo. Never seen with Frank Colombo in the same room at the same time. You don’t have to be Sherlock Holmes, do you Miss Marple?
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm is a golden sky!
« Reply #12968 on: August 6, 2022, 09:31:36 am »
Some of these reek of panic buying. Chelsea dont need Cucurella urgently, do they? Not unless Chilwell's recovery doesnt look promising. 62 million quid on a left back is just stupid business.
I know he's had a good season and was brightons POTY but is he twice the player zinchenko is or 4 times the player Neco williams is?
Then there's everton. I do think they need a midfielder but given how they're in trouble with FFP, you'd think they'd want to be more meticulous when soending what should be most of their budget on one player instead of gambling on a young unknown quantity who may or may not end up being the solution.
We'll probably see more of these, especially with teams that didnt do much business yet. If leicester have a poor start, i can see them overpaying too even though they are historically prudent with their spending. Newcastle might do the same and give in to inflated prices. Clubs in europe will be fleecing the premier league tv money from these in the next weeks.
« Last Edit: August 6, 2022, 09:35:28 am by AmanShah21 »

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #12969 on: August 6, 2022, 11:33:24 am »
Man Utd being linked to Cody Gapko now.

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12970 on: August 6, 2022, 11:34:01 am »

Shocked to see Ten Hag targeting an Eredivisie player.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12971 on: August 6, 2022, 11:49:13 am »

He’s a good player actually. Interested to see how Man United turn him into not a good player.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #12972 on: August 6, 2022, 11:50:47 am »
Is that like a knock-off Gakpo? Like the jarg Gap gear that southern Mancs used to tog themselves up in? ;)
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12973 on: August 7, 2022, 10:06:33 am »
Fabian Ruiz to PSG. Was being mentioned only yesterday as United’s likely backup option to De Jong… with Tielemans and Neves the others mentioned.

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #12974 on: August 7, 2022, 10:07:45 am »
Fabian Ruiz to PSG. Was being mentioned only yesterday as United’s likely backup option to De Jong… with Tielemans and Neves the others mentioned.

So end up over paying for Tielemans who is fine but a bit slow and meh

Fine by me :D

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12975 on: August 7, 2022, 10:08:37 am »
PSG might finally have a midfield. Actually making some smart signings for once.

Offline Phineus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12976 on: August 7, 2022, 11:48:15 am »
Yeah Vitinha and Ruiz are good signings for them.

Guedes to Wolves apparently, be interesting how he gets on in Prem as feel he never really kicked on from his early promise and just became a bit of a pace merchant.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12977 on: August 7, 2022, 11:50:05 am »
PSG might finally have a midfield. Actually making some smart signings for once.
Mbappe knows his stuff.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12978 on: August 7, 2022, 12:16:04 pm »

Got the fella from Lille running things alongside Mbappe haven’t they? Seems a very smart operator.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12979 on: August 7, 2022, 12:27:09 pm »
Got the fella from Lille running things alongside Mbappe haven’t they? Seems a very smart operator.

Was he the one originally at Monaco, who brought in/through that team that get to the final stages of the CL (including Fabinho)?

Great CV if so

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #12980 on: August 7, 2022, 12:34:11 pm »
Werner going back to Leipzig. Romano says permanent deal; Plettenberg isn't as sure. What could have been eh?

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12981 on: August 7, 2022, 12:38:46 pm »
Utd being linked with Marko Arnautovic  ;D ;D

Fit's most of the profile they look for in a signing.

Played in the Eredivise.
Played under Ten Hag.
Though hasn't played for Ajax.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #12982 on: August 7, 2022, 12:46:57 pm »
Isco to join Sevilla on a free

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12983 on: August 7, 2022, 01:30:53 pm »
Was he the one originally at Monaco, who brought in/through that team that get to the final stages of the CL (including Fabinho)?

Great CV if so

That’s the one. Clearly knows his onions. Like a Portuguese Monchi but can do it at more than one club.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #12984 on: August 7, 2022, 01:38:20 pm »
Werner going back to Leipzig. Romano says permanent deal; Plettenberg isn't as sure. What could have been eh?

Plettenberg basically tweeted it, Romano then copied and tried to look better by saying it was not a deal, Plettenberg then tweets that it is expected to be loan with option to buy but nothing confirmed.

Weird c*nt that Romano
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #12985 on: August 7, 2022, 01:50:22 pm »

I do think this is a bit mad
He put up really good underlying numbers last season and when I saw him played well
Clearly he doesn’t fit at Chelsea but he’s a much better player than Leipzig - in a period where attacking talent is thin im amazed someone bigger isn’t in for him

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12986 on: August 7, 2022, 01:52:27 pm »
Plettenberg basically tweeted it, Romano then copied and tried to look better by saying it was not a deal, Plettenberg then tweets that it is expected to be loan with option to buy but nothing confirmed.

Weird c*nt that Romano
Just ignore him, if all of you think he's a fraud, then why keep quoting his tweets on here?

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #12987 on: August 7, 2022, 01:55:45 pm »
He put up really good underlying numbers last season and when I saw him played well
Clearly he doesn’t fit at Chelsea but he’s a much better player than Leipzig - in a period where attacking talent is thin im amazed someone bigger isn’t in for him

Got to think (at least in the short-term) he's probably considering his spot for the WC.

Offline Phineus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12988 on: August 7, 2022, 01:58:53 pm »

Yeah I thought Dortmund would be all over him. He’d probably do well in Conte’s system at Spurs too, though can’t see a transfer between those two clubs.

I’d still take him here.

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #12989 on: August 7, 2022, 04:08:50 pm »

Paul Joyce: 'Everton closing in on deal for Wolves’ captain Conor Coady. Could be loan initially with view to permanent':-

^ https://twitter.com/_pauljoyce/status/1556294647869235203
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Phineus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12990 on: August 7, 2022, 04:10:45 pm »
I mean he’ll be on a good salary and closer to home/family I guess, it’s about his level … but a few bad performances and they’ll be foaming at mouth at him.

If they’re switching to a back 5 though it’s probably a stabilising signing for them tbf.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #12991 on: August 7, 2022, 04:12:07 pm »
Why would Wolves let him go on loan, unless it's with a guaranteed buy at the end of the season?  They could well be relegation rivals.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #12992 on: August 7, 2022, 04:18:07 pm »
Werner's been shite for Chelsea, it's a crime he was part of a Champions League winning side. 23 goals in 2 seasons is embarrassing. Will be interesting to see if Werner is back to doing 20 a season with Leipzig.

No doubt they'll spend big on yet another forward given he's going and they'll probably get rid of Broja too. I think they're pretty much set to spend the most money anyone ever has in a window if they buy a forward and the rumours about De Jong are too be believed.

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12993 on: August 7, 2022, 04:25:51 pm »
United have made a bid for Arnautovic, say the Athletic. Guess what? Ten Hag coached him previously.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #12994 on: August 7, 2022, 04:34:11 pm »
United have made a bid for Arnautovic, say the Athletic. Guess what? Ten Hag coached him previously.

If you listen carefully you can almost hear the barrel being scraped

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

Online Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12995 on: August 7, 2022, 04:55:30 pm »
Coady always seemed to raise his game against us, so maybe he's always been a blue.

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12996 on: August 7, 2022, 04:58:00 pm »
Coady always seemed to raise his game against us, so maybe he's always been a blue.

Would love time wasting against us too the muppet.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #12997 on: August 7, 2022, 05:17:46 pm »
Why would Wolves let him go on loan, unless it's with a guaranteed buy at the end of the season?  They could well be relegation rivals.

Better question, why would Everton, whose options upfront are Rondon and a regularly injured Calvert-Lewin, use their two loan slots on Vinagre and Coady? Absolutely daft when they need a forward. Coady surely can't cost that much

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #12998 on: August 7, 2022, 06:56:48 pm »
We should target their DoF... ;)

Everton will claim that
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #12999 on: August 7, 2022, 07:16:48 pm »
Bologna Paid around £2m , just turned down a £7.6m bid from united