Author Topic: THE NON-LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD  (Read 1739302 times)

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: THE NON-LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD
« Reply #12920 on: August 5, 2022, 11:45:16 am »
They'd be crazy not to sell for £60 million to be honest.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #12921 on: August 5, 2022, 11:50:34 am »
They'd be crazy not to sell for £60 million to be honest.

Just looked it up, apparently they paid 30 million for him two summers back. I thought he'd have been a cheaper signing than that, maybe 10-15 million. If that's the case I could imagine Leicester wanting to get a full season out of him, and if he performs well he'll go for more than Maguire possibly, given his age/potential.

Still think it's crazy money to be turning down. They've generally invested well Leicester in recent years, maybe not right after winning the league but some smart signings, I'd fancy them to replace him well enough that it wouldn't make much difference to their league position, which I think will be about the same position they finished last season.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #12922 on: August 5, 2022, 11:54:25 am »
More talk about Coady to Everton today. He's probably one of the last players you'd have expected Wolves to let go of. He's barely missed a game since joining them in 2015.

Think he'd be a good signing for them. He's been really good for Wolves in a back 3 and it looks like Everton will play that with Tarkowski and two others. If Coady's one of them it's pretty solid for the level they're at but can still see them struggling for goals.

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #12923 on: August 5, 2022, 11:57:24 am »
More talk about Coady to Everton today. He's probably one of the last players you'd have expected Wolves to let go of. He's barely missed a game since joining them in 2015.

Think he'd be a good signing for them. He's been really good for Wolves in a back 3 and it looks like Everton will play that with Tarkowski and two others. If Coady's one of them it's pretty solid for the level they're at but can still see them struggling for goals.
They'd absolutely need to play a 3, Coady is so slow that he's exposed in any other positional set up. Coady and Tarkowski in a two is a tough, immobile and limited pairing. In a 3 with a quicker, better distributor it could work.

It just shows what Lampard is trying to do though - cautious football that will depend on counter attacks and opposition mistakes whilst discouraging any on-the-ball risk taking. He is morphing into Alan Pardew in front of our very eyes.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #12924 on: August 5, 2022, 11:58:57 am »
Shane Duffy to Fulham on loan. If you're signed today can you play tomorrow?  ;D

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12925 on: August 5, 2022, 12:01:14 pm »
Shane Duffy to Fulham on loan. If you're signed today can you play tomorrow?  ;D
I bloody hope he's playing tomorrow. He's shot, he was absolutely done at Celtic last year, couldn't even keep up in Scotland, never mind the Premier League.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Online Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12926 on: August 5, 2022, 12:01:20 pm »

Think Lage wants Wolves to transition to a back 4 and he'd be pretty useless in that.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #12927 on: August 5, 2022, 12:05:22 pm »

Maybe so, but transitioning to a back 2 means Coady might not have a spot anymore. It's the kind of step needed to try push the team on, which Wolves really need to do as they risk going backwards towards relegation this season in my opinion. You'd expect Kilman and Collins to maybe be the starting centre back pairing, then they can try get a few more players attacking, which they really struggled with last season and under Santos.

Nathan Collins has come in (Meaning he's now moved twice for a total of about £30million in the last 2 summers), and Hwang has been made permanent. Other than that they haven't added to what turned out to be a fairly stale team. Maybe Traore coming back will help them, but they have lost Vinagre, Saiss, Marcal, Trincao, Silva and Hoever from an already poor team. Mendes seems to have grown bored of sending all his players to them.

Bruno Lage has a task on with the club this season. I've got them as a contender to go down.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #12928 on: August 5, 2022, 12:06:03 pm »
I bloody hope he's playing tomorrow. He's shot, he was absolutely done at Celtic last year, couldn't even keep up in Scotland, never mind the Premier League.

Tim Ream is the one we want playing. Absolutely fucking hopeless at this level. Great at collecting Championship medals though.

Think Lage wants Wolves to transition to a back 4 and he'd be pretty useless in that.

True, but it's just a bit mad to see someone who's barely missed a game in seven years essentially becoming surplus to requirement at the age of 29. Talk is Everton could be interested in a loan, which would be a good move for them IMO. If they give him a long term deal then they're squad is going to be looking quite old soon. It's funny actually because before Marco Silva they had the oldest squad in the league, then straight away under him they made it the youngest at the time, now there's plenty of useless old shite in there again  ;D

Bruno Lage has a task on with the club this season. I've got them as a contender to go down.

Yeah, I can see them struggling but ultimately finishing 14th/15th. I don't think there's anything special to that manager so I was surprised last season to see him getting credit for doing no better than Santos did at his worst there. They played nice football for a while apparently but it seemed pretty fruitless to me. Nuno done a very good job there and I think a lot of their fans didn't really pay him the respect he deserved after pissing the Championship, having a couple of good seasons in the Prem, and taking them to the knockout stages of the Europa League all in the space of a few years.
« Last Edit: August 5, 2022, 12:10:33 pm by disgraced cake »

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

Online JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #12929 on: August 5, 2022, 12:08:10 pm »

I'm still not convinced Coady is particularly good at a premier league level. I think he's functional as a 'get stuff away' defender but beyond that I'm not sure
As an aside wolves were incredibly bad at the back and it was only an elite shot stopping season from Sa that stopped them having a relegation level defensive record - not all on Coady obv but doesn't suggest they had a rock at the back
« Last Edit: August 5, 2022, 12:29:19 pm by JackWard33 »

Online Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12930 on: August 5, 2022, 12:13:11 pm »
Laurens reckons Onana to Everton for 40m euros and 20% sell on is done. Lille got this boy for 7m last summer and he started 11 ball games. 11 and they make a 33m profit. If he actually becomes great and they sell him for 70m at some point he'll have cost 54m and they'll receive 56m. Humungous gamble.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12931 on: August 5, 2022, 12:16:39 pm »
Laurens reckons Onana to Everton for 40m euros and 20% sell on is done. Lille got this boy for 7m last summer and he started 11 ball games. 11 and they make a 33m profit. If he actually becomes great and they sell him for 70m at some point he'll have cost 54m and they'll receive 56m. Humungous gamble.

That kind of transfer seems out of character for Everton.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #12932 on: August 5, 2022, 12:31:00 pm »

21 games from off the bench in the league last season  ;D

Lille done the exact same with Arsenal on Pepe. He'd scored 22 goals the season before but 11 of them were penalties. Just completely had them off on a player who was never that good from the start.

From an Everton perspective there's similarities to Moise Kean. Young, never had that much of an impact at his old club, and they've spent a fucking bomb on him. Maybe they've just looked at West Ham's interest and thought he'll do.

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #12933 on: August 5, 2022, 12:44:15 pm »
Harry Maguire, Ben White and Marc Cucerella are three of the top ten most expensive defenders of all time

What a time to be alive :D
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #12934 on: August 5, 2022, 12:49:54 pm »
Laurens is saying Onana probably needed another year in Ligue 1 before making a move and I'd trust his judgement on that. TV money must have cleared for Everton, but surely a few will be quietly pushed out the back door before the window shuts.

Still can't believe they haven't signed a forward. Plus now they'll be forced to pay Spurs a bit more by playing him with Calvert-Lewin injured.

Online JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12935 on: August 5, 2022, 12:54:20 pm »
62 million for Brighton’s left back is one of the maddest fees of all time … how much were our left backs again?!
This window is delivering

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #12936 on: August 5, 2022, 12:57:31 pm »
Don't mean this in a negative/Fuck off FSG way, but would expect us to be near the bottom of the money spent table come the end of the window. It does sort of show how mad the money being lashed around is given we've spent about 65 million on one player. Other clubs just making mad moves. The London ones specifically it seems, Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs, West Ham etc.

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12937 on: August 5, 2022, 01:12:46 pm »
62 million for Brighton’s left back is one of the maddest fees of all time … how much were our left backs again?!
This window is delivering

We got Robertson on the cheap at around 8m. Tsimikas was the expensive one (13m).
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12938 on: August 5, 2022, 01:15:51 pm »
Harry Maguire, Ben White and Marc Cucerella are three of the top ten most expensive defenders of all time

What a time to be alive :D

So Ben White is on the list at 52.5m. Scroll down a little and you'll see Aaron Wan-Bissaka (49.5m).
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Online Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12939 on: August 5, 2022, 01:25:59 pm »
Forest bidding up to £35m for Morgan Gibbs-White... Wolves rejecting. I really, really like him but I just can't help but feel football is going to blow up soon. It's insanity and some clubs are going to be in a financia hole if they carry on like this.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #12940 on: August 5, 2022, 01:29:41 pm »
Forest bidding up to £35m for Morgan Gibbs-White... Wolves rejecting. I really, really like him but I just can't help but feel football is going to blow up soon. It's insanity and some clubs are going to be in a financia hole if they carry on like this.

Forest are trying well too hard  ;D

I expect them to be safe before the end of the season but alternatively if it didn't click at all and they done a Fulham I'd not be surprised at all.

That's more than we got for Mane for fucks sake and they've turned it down  ;D
« Last Edit: August 5, 2022, 01:36:13 pm by disgraced cake »

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12941 on: August 5, 2022, 01:33:40 pm »
this window seems to be getting more manic and frantic every day. 

so many clubs are spending - or at least are rumoured to want to spend - ridiculous money on an increasingly long list of 'slightly-better-than-OK' or 'hopefully-will-turn-out-good' players.

it's like if they don't buy NOW, whatever the cost, they won't be allowed to buy ever again.

pass the popcorn.  :)

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #12942 on: August 5, 2022, 01:33:51 pm »

Weren't they linked with Aouar as well? All this spending is going to heap pressure on Cooper

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #12943 on: August 5, 2022, 01:36:49 pm »
Forest are trying well too hard  ;D

I expect them to be safe before the end of the season but alternatively if it didn't click at all and they done a Fulham I'd not be surprised at all.

they did have to sign a lot of players though, their situation is more similar to Villa from a few years back, in that the team that got promoted, was decimated. A lot of Forest’s players where on loan, and their captain refused a new deal. So they had a lot of gaps to fill.

Of course, that doesn’t mean they need to spend close on 150 mill as they may by the end of this window in doing so! But here we are  ;D

The spending is insane this summer.

Loads of clubs will be topping 100 mill plus for outgoing fees on new players.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #12944 on: August 5, 2022, 01:40:05 pm »
they did have to sign a lot of players though, their situation is more similar to Villa from a few years back, in that the team that got promoted, was decimated. A lot of Forest’s players where on loan, and their captain refused a new deal. So they had a lot of gaps to fill.

Of course, that doesn’t mean they need to spend close on 150 mill as they may by the end of this window in doing so! But here we are  ;D

The spending is insane this summer.

Loads of clubs will be topping 100 mill plus for outgoing fees on new players.

That's what I mean when I say we'll probably end up near the bottom of the spending charts again. It feels like it's gone mad this past week or so and it won't calm down you feel. Even the likes of Everton are dropping 30 million on players and they were meant to be fucked  ;D - And you get the impression they'll spend more.

Forest have gone mad. Spurs and Arsenal have spent big, Chelsea will probably still spend more in the next few weeks. United probably have a big panic buy or two ahead of them. Absolutely crazy money being thrown around.

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

Online amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12945 on: August 5, 2022, 01:43:34 pm »
This transfer window is mental. Crazy money being thrown around!

Somewhere in a garden shed, Jim White must be wanking furiously into his yellow tie.

Online LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12946 on: August 5, 2022, 02:13:34 pm »
The most crazy thing is clubs like Wolves turning down £35 million for Gibbs-White!
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12947 on: August 5, 2022, 02:17:15 pm »
I've got to say I despise Man Citys cheating, sports washing, murderous policies.....but I do approve of their 'getting linked for insane amounts to average players to lure others into buying them' like Maguire, Ronaldo and Cucurella policies
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12948 on: August 5, 2022, 02:19:22 pm »
The most crazy thing is clubs like Wolves turning down £35 million for Gibbs-White!

Well everyone is 50 million plus now so makes sense

What were we doing selling Taki for 12 or something!

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #12949 on: August 5, 2022, 03:08:44 pm »
This transfer window is mental. Crazy money being thrown around!

Not sure why the money being thrown about is so ridiculous. I'd imagine some sides are hoping that if the PL likely has a 5th spot they can benefit and Chelsea's owner has decided to play Football Manager in real life

Offline naka

• Lennart Skoglund Ultra
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12950 on: August 5, 2022, 03:14:56 pm »
tbf he had some major personal issues when at Celtic which effected him greatly

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12951 on: August 5, 2022, 03:27:38 pm »

That was two seasons ago, was back at Brighton last year and playing much better than his disastrous year at Celtic, which I think might have been in some part influenced by off-field issues.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #12952 on: August 5, 2022, 03:54:21 pm »
I reckon Leicester would be crazy not to sell Fofana for 70 million. Thing is they haven't invested anything this summer and I don't remember a significant incoming since Daka last summer. It'll probably be a midtable finish for them and there's also doubt about Maddison's future. 70 fucking million for him, though. He missed about 10 months of football recently too. He could be injury prone going forward. Should sell.

Problem is it's trusting Rodgers with the money.They were shite defensively without him last season and improved when he came back in.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #12953 on: August 5, 2022, 03:57:33 pm »
Don't mean this in a negative/Fuck off FSG way, but would expect us to be near the bottom of the money spent table come the end of the window. It does sort of show how mad the money being lashed around is given we've spent about 65 million on one player. Other clubs just making mad moves. The London ones specifically it seems, Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs, West Ham etc.

Arsenal and Chelsea is a never ending money pit. Levy finally forced to spend to keep up.

Forest are going to have one hell of a side for The Championship this time next year.
« Last Edit: August 5, 2022, 03:59:54 pm by Fromola »
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12954 on: August 5, 2022, 04:04:22 pm »
That was two seasons ago, was back at Brighton last year and playing much better than his disastrous year at Celtic, which I think might have been in some part influenced by off-field issues.
I did think it was last season, last few years are blending into one. He only made 15 starts so he's clearly no longer depended upon, as does him being loaned out suggest.

It's good if any issues plaguing him are resolved, but from what I've seen he isn't anywhere near the player he was at this level.

Lewis Dunk is one that surprises me no one ever moved for, he's the player Man Utd thought they were getting with Maguire.

Online Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12955 on: August 5, 2022, 04:13:11 pm »
I did think it was last season, last few years are blending into one. He only made 15 starts so he's clearly no longer depended upon, as does him being loaned out suggest.

It's good if any issues plaguing him are resolved, but from what I've seen he isn't anywhere near the player he was at this level.

Lewis Dunk is one that surprises me no one ever moved for, he's the player Man Utd thought they were getting with Maguire.

And Adam Webster - who I think would actually be a good Fofana replacement for Leicester.
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12956 on: August 5, 2022, 04:20:30 pm »
And Adam Webster - who I think would actually be a good Fofana replacement for Leicester.
Yeah Webster and Dunk are probably better than most of the CBs who start for England.

In fact they're the best with the exception of Gomez and Stones. Webster's stats are those of a player who should be playing for a Champions League challenging team, he's a solid defender who's surprisingly good on the ball.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12957 on: August 5, 2022, 04:46:03 pm »
He was pretty strongly linked with Leicester (Dunk) pretty recently and I think £40 million odd was chucked around

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #12958 on: August 5, 2022, 04:54:41 pm »
Arsenal and Chelsea is a never ending money pit. Levy finally forced to spend to keep up.

Forest are going to have one hell of a side for The Championship this time next year.

It's funny, the more players I see them bring in, the more I become convinced they aren't going to have a good season. As soon as you come up the goal is basically to stay up and then build your way up the table, but I look at them and think the more changes you make the quicker I fancy you to go.

I do think they'll stay up this season, probably a low-bottom half finish, but it relies on them making a good start and bedding these new players in quickly. I'm becoming more and more convinced they could 'do a Fulham' as happened in 2018 when they brought in a firm of no marks for big money.

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #12959 on: August 5, 2022, 05:03:25 pm »
Six years and five loans later Matt Miazga finally leaves Chelsea on a free to join FC Cincinnati