Author Topic: Farcry 6  (Read 3302 times)

Offline tray fenny

• virtue signaling keyboard warrior
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Farcry 6
« on: July 17, 2020, 10:29:42 am »
Out early next year, Feb 21st. I really enjoy these games and this looks like another winner. Official trailer. No gameplay here but still plenty to discuss.

https://youtu.be/-IJuKT1mHO8
'Germany are a very difficult team to play, they had 11 internationals out there today.' - Steve Lomas

Offline dalarr

• hästarr. Call me sensitive.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Farcry 6
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2020, 10:38:59 am »
Far Cry 5 was one of my favorite games last year. The Montana setting was superb and I loved all the weapons and how you customize almost everything. I even bought and completed New Dawn. I hope that they incorporate some of the base building from that game into the new one.

I’m going to buy this regardless because of how much fun I had with 5.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2020, 10:40:36 am by dalarr »

Offline Crimson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2020, 08:38:15 pm »
Hopefully they try to inovate a bit. Feels like it's been the same game with minor tweaks the last couple of years.
I have no idea what I’m taking about

Offline dalarr

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: July 8, 2021, 10:46:48 am »
Release date slowly approaching. Can’t say I have been blown away by the gameplay videos, it looks like a DLC for Far Cry 5. I don’t expect much innovation, just another Far Cry made by Ubisoft. Doesn’t seem to be much hype around it, though.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #4 on: July 8, 2021, 09:06:18 pm »
Meh

I predict

- Over the top gimmicks that take away from the sense of grit the engine can give
- Towers
- Missions where you fail if you leave the area (laughable in an open world game.. as are missions tbf)
- Toothless "political" leanings that aren't really anything
- A mission ON DRUGS

Offline Crimson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: July 8, 2021, 09:20:07 pm »
Meh

I predict

- Over the top gimmicks that take away from the sense of grit the engine can give
- Towers
- Missions where you fail if you leave the area (laughable in an open world game.. as are missions tbf)
- Toothless "political" leanings that aren't really anything
- A mission ON DRUGS

Not to mention: a variation of the same enemies and map from previous titles. I didn’t bother with the previous game, but the 2-3 before that was basically the same game..

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #6 on: July 8, 2021, 09:23:47 pm »
Haven't they gotten rid of the towers? I didn't play the most recent one and don't really remember FC5, but there was a joke about not having to climb towers early on I think.

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: July 9, 2021, 07:49:24 am »
Haven't they gotten rid of the towers? I didn't play the most recent one and don't really remember FC5, but there was a joke about not having to climb towers early on I think.

Oh yeah. And yet Far Cry 5 still felt... Really samey

Meh. Tricky one this series. I think Ubi have done well with changing up AssCreed.

Gus should be alright anyway

Offline Ed-Zeppelin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: July 9, 2021, 10:15:25 am »
This is a game I’m quite interested in, and I enjoyed FC5, but unless the reviews are outstanding it has all the hallmarks of ‘wait until it’s £20 in the PS store sale’!

The setting looks fun and I’m happy for much of it to be classic Far Cry stuff but the characters in it could make or break just how much attention it gets early on. Will be keeping an eye out for more info as the release date gets closer.
"We come here for the winning!"

Offline dalarr

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: July 9, 2021, 10:24:24 am »
I am the same. Looking forward to it but not expecting much innovation. I just want some smooth combat, decent story and some fun characters. I actually spent most if my time in FC5 sneaking around through the woods and fishing.

This might be the last AC/FC title for some time. Reports claiming that the next Assassins Creed will be Full Live Service. https://youtu.be/38EQt8J6Jes

Offline Slick_Beef

• RAWK's Master Baker
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: July 9, 2021, 04:11:55 pm »
Haven't played any of these since FaryCry 1 (which I loved) and FarCry 2 (which I thought was terrible). Got a voucher for a free copy of this with my AMD CPU so will be interested to see how the series has evolved since I last played.

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: July 9, 2021, 06:00:11 pm »
You'll probably like it.

3 was good, 4 was good but samey. 5 was similar, not great.

The best in the series are 3 and 4, generally agreed. So you should find 6 fresher than most.

Offline dalarr

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2021, 06:48:07 pm »
You'll probably like it.

3 was good, 4 was good but samey. 5 was similar, not great.

The best in the series are 3 and 4, generally agreed. So you should find 6 fresher than most.
I liked FC5 the most. I got really immersed in the world of Montana. The weapons, weapons customization and vehicles were great. I liked the fact that you could free roam the entire map from the start. I even enjoyed the story.

Offline lobsterboy

• Sworn enemy of crayfishgirl. Likes to draw spunking cocks n balls at sunday school
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2021, 11:56:04 am »
Best in the series for me were 1 and 3 (1 until the Trigens show up at least)
Also Blood Dragon rocks. Just finishing New Dawn now. Constant horrible rap music the enemies play does my head in but the expeditions are good fun, especially the downed ISS one which has some awesome sound effects. Its a bit more like an RPG than the others, you really need to level your character up to tackle harder enemies, everything seems to kill you instantly at first.
Also really enjoyed 5. Didn't think I would as it was getting a bit samey by 4. Thought the story and the setting were good though and the fishing was great.
Just hope they reign in the animal attack nonsense in the next one though. People getting mauled to death by rampaging skunks and turkeys is a bit much.

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2021, 01:04:27 am »
Eugh, ubisoft and their fucking animal attacks!  Playing Odyssey as a god-like warrior in Alexios and I'm killed by a chicken. Riiight.  Dunno why they felt the need to have the player attacked by boars and the like every two minutes when riding around either. It adds nothing. Just let me enjoy the world ffs.

As for Farcry, I just don't find the gunplay much fun. Primarily due to the enemies being bullet sponges for a lot of the weapons. Been playing Rage 2 recently, which shits all over it in terms of fun combat.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2021, 01:06:33 am by Darren G »

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2021, 01:15:56 am »
Eugh, ubisoft and their fucking animal attacks!  Playing Odyssey as a god-like warrior in Alexios and I'm killed by a chicken. Riiight.  Dunno why they felt the need to have the player attacked by boars and the like every two minutes when riding around either. It adds nothing. Just let me enjoy the world ffs.

As for Farcry, I just don't find the gunplay much fun. Primarily due to the enemies being bullet sponges for a lot of the weapons. Been playing Rage 2 recently, which shits all over it in terms of fun combat.

That made me chuckle more that it should,you weren't trying to diddle it were  you ?
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2021, 04:54:46 am »
That made me chuckle more that it should,you weren't trying to diddle it were  you ?

I'm sorry, but I'll tell you what I told the judge: The love between a man and poultry is sacred and other than the chicken we're both consenting adults, so that's really none of your business.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2021, 04:57:52 am by Darren G »

Offline Crimson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2021, 07:01:17 am »
I'm sorry, but I'll tell you what I told the judge: The love between a man and poultry is sacred and other than the chicken we're both consenting adults, so that's really none of your business.

Not nice quoting Effes without reference.

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2021, 08:41:56 am »
Who's Effes?

Offline Crimson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan

Offline lobsterboy

• Sworn enemy of crayfishgirl. Likes to draw spunking cocks n balls at sunday school
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2021, 01:05:57 pm »

They gave it a bit more of an RPG mechanic with the gunplay. You had to level the guns and ammo up to take on higher level enemies., especially in New Dawn. It just wasn't very clearly implemented. Getting killed by turkeys, eagles and skunks is just plain daft. The boss fights at the end of New Dawn are terrible as well.

Offline lobsterboy

• Legacy Fan

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2021, 05:02:46 am »
They gave it a bit more of an RPG mechanic with the gunplay. You had to level the guns and ammo up to take on higher level enemies., especially in New Dawn. It just wasn't very clearly implemented. Getting killed by turkeys, eagles and skunks is just plain daft. The boss fights at the end of New Dawn are terrible as well.

Oh shit, I didn't realise there was levelling with the weapons. Thanks for the info. Still, wasn't overly impressed with the game in general. Might give it another try at some point if I'm bored enough.

Offline lobsterboy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2021, 07:39:54 am »
Oh shit, I didn't realise there was levelling with the weapons. Thanks for the info. Still, wasn't overly impressed with the game in general. Might give it another try at some point if I'm bored enough.

Higher level weapons do more damage and can use explosive, armour piercing or incendiary rounds. They can also be upgraded at a work bench. Basically means grinding ethanol to upgrade prosperity and adventures for materials so you can level up your weapons. Fully levelled sniper with armour piercing will one shot an elite guard making outposts a piece of piss. Companions can also be levelled up. Best one is the giant hog, almost unstoppable once done and revives itself.

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2021, 09:13:54 am »
Thanks mate. Will probably have another go at some point, so that's useful stuff.

Offline dalarr

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2021, 05:22:18 pm »
About three weeks until release. Seems to be zero hype about this. I’m just relieved that I’ll have a game to play again after a long drought. I’ve reinstalled Fallout 4 out of sheer desperation.
Not expecting anything else than a Far Cry 5.5, which is fine by me.

Offline Zizou

• zo zon't ze zo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Cool as
« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2021, 05:57:03 pm »
I loved Far Cry 3, and 4. The fifth had so much potential, and was fun to play, but the insane teleporting sequences and insta-spawning planes that hassled you wherever you went made the game hard work.

Hopefully Ubisoft don't go full Ubisoft with it.

Offline dalarr

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: October 14, 2021, 04:22:29 pm »
Anyone playing this? I enjoy it. However, I miss the Guns for Hire and human companions in general. In FC5, the characters had their own backstories and made comments during battle. The Fangs for hire in FC6 isn’t as good.

Online Bangin Them In

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2021, 05:51:29 pm »
Anyone playing this? I enjoy it. However, I miss the Guns for Hire and human companions in general. In FC5, the characters had their own backstories and made comments during battle. The Fangs for hire in FC6 isn’t as good.
Yep, enjoying it, good to be back
A win for the Liverpool country

Offline Danny Boys Dad

• Errol Flynn when he's had a few
  • Legacy Fan
  • Now listen here son
« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2021, 06:35:01 pm »
Started playing it yesterday. Graphics don’t seem any better than FC5.

Got through the intro and woke up on the island, got attacked by a pig before I’d gone 50 yards.  :(
Legacy fan

Offline tray fenny

• virtue signaling keyboard warrior
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: October 20, 2021, 04:01:42 pm »
Seems to be gathering some decent reviews. 8/10 from IGN and a nice piece in the Guardian. Been waiting a while for an alternative to warzone so I'm gonna download this later.

https://www.theguardian.com/games/2021/oct/20/far-cry-6-review-neatly-packaged-chaos-in-fictional-latin-america
'Germany are a very difficult team to play, they had 11 internationals out there today.' - Steve Lomas

Offline dalarr

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2021, 04:55:14 pm »
I’m kinda spamming here but I really miss the Guns for Hire. Can’t for the life of me understand why that was dropped. The game is 90% copy/paste anyway. Here’s hoping that they can somehow sneak it in with a patch

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2022, 09:10:57 pm »
It's just occurred to me that 2 actors from Better Call Saul (Michael Mando and Giancarlo Esposito) have played antagonists in the Far Cry series. Tony Dalton next?

Danny Trejo too.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: July 16, 2022, 05:56:53 pm »
What is going on with the ammo system

Offline dalarr

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: July 16, 2022, 11:15:01 pm »
What is going on with the ammo system
I only use armor piercing.

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #36 on: August 15, 2022, 01:24:13 pm »
Didn't really plan on getting this, but I was kind of desperate on the weekend to find something to play and it was on sale in the Ubisoft store. Finished the "introduction" part on that first island and am now starting the proper part of the game it seems. It's basically more of the same, but I enjoyed it so far. Having said that, I wouldn't pay full price for it. For some mindless shooting at a budget price it's okay though...

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #37 on: August 16, 2022, 01:26:58 pm »
I've got Farcry 1 and played about half of it and lost interest. I got Far Cry 2 on a sale for like a quid, but never even loaded it :)

Is it worth playing these two?
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline dalarr

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: August 16, 2022, 01:46:22 pm »
It's worth it if you enjoy the Far Cry formula. If you didn't get through 1 and 2, I see no reason for you to buy this one.

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #39 on: August 17, 2022, 08:49:53 am »
I've got Farcry 1 and played about half of it and lost interest. I got Far Cry 2 on a sale for like a quid, but never even loaded it :)

Is it worth playing these two?

3 and 4 are generally considered the best. One is to old now and lacks so many features compared to a modern title. Two is actually quite good still but will obviously be dated, although it has a really annoying situation that you're suffering from Malaria and have to send the entire game taking tablets oh and enemy respawn is bad.

So yeah 3 and 4 considered the best by most people