Author Topic: Harry Maguire considering his options thread  (Read 3273538 times)

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Man United thread. Revolution Number... 6?
« Reply #39920 on: August 16, 2022, 01:10:39 pm »
https://worldsportstale.com/soccer/how-the-glazers-have-left-old-trafford-in-decay/

It's been crumbling for years.

To be honest, it's a ground I've never been impressed by.
Theatre of nightmares.

Offline BoRed

• BoRing
  • Legacy Fan
  • BoRac
« Reply #39921 on: August 16, 2022, 01:37:29 pm »
https://worldsportstale.com/soccer/how-the-glazers-have-left-old-trafford-in-decay/

In the past, mice infestations have been an issue with rodents even on the pitch

More recently, they've even been spotted in the commentary box.

Offline wampa1

• Should probably leg it while he can......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39922 on: August 16, 2022, 01:57:04 pm »
Hey guys, so about trying to get postponed...

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #39923 on: August 16, 2022, 02:41:50 pm »
More recently, they've even been spotted in the commentary box.

I thought that was just only Gary Neville. ;D
#Sausages

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39924 on: August 16, 2022, 02:44:31 pm »
https://mobile.twitter.com/SwissRamble/status/1559412700416991232

After a shit night we can at least take solace in the fact we’re not owned by the Glazers.
We'll likely overtake them on the commercial front this season, which is pretty wild given where the clubs were only 6 years ago.

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39925 on: August 16, 2022, 02:50:12 pm »
Not even in the top half of the PL in player sales profit over the last 5 years.

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #39926 on: August 16, 2022, 02:58:54 pm »
The biggest gangstas on the Man City aren't even trying to hide it are they? :wanker
Linudden.

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #39927 on: August 16, 2022, 03:04:02 pm »
Hey guys, so about trying to get postponed...

They'll fancy they can get something from the game now with our start and injuries so probably won't be a protest.

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39928 on: August 16, 2022, 03:14:30 pm »
Not even in the top half of the PL in player sales profit over the last 5 years.

Appreciate this is far from the thread for it but you would think with our position here and on the commercial revenue chart that there was money for a midf.....oh never mind.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #39929 on: August 16, 2022, 03:18:39 pm »
The biggest gangstas on the Man City aren't even trying to hide it are they? :wanker

My first thought when I saw that revenue growth chart above
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39930 on: August 16, 2022, 04:15:50 pm »
They'll fancy they can get something from the game now with our start and injuries so probably won't be a protest.
Yep ....

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #39931 on: August 16, 2022, 04:17:09 pm »

That is some stat!  Over a quarter of that £81m is from Dan James alone.  It's likely to look even worse after this transfer window as they've only sold Pereira for peanuts (compared to Brighton, for example, who made vast amounts on sales this summer).

I think you'd have to go back to Ronaldo the first time around to find when they lost sold a starting player.  In that time we've been hustled out of Torres, Mascherano, Suarez, Sterling and Coutinho (but got good money for all of them).

This summer they've had around £200m of signings plus Lingard leave for nothing as they let the contracts expire.  It feels like at some point their wastefulness with transfers and wages is going to catch up with them.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2022, 04:20:12 pm by thaddeus »

Offline JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39932 on: August 16, 2022, 04:53:00 pm »
We'll likely overtake them on the commercial front this season, which is pretty wild given where the clubs were only 6 years ago.

Wow. For such a small , internationally unknown club, Man City have done amazingly well. I have no idea how they have attracted so many lucrative sponsors.

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39933 on: August 16, 2022, 05:53:41 pm »

That sky blue line is laughable. Revenue growth? Even leaving aside the dodgy airline and crypto sponsorships since, absolutely no way in hell they were raking in £112m a decade ago, just shy of Ferguson’s United  ::)
« Last Edit: August 16, 2022, 05:55:39 pm by rossipersempre »
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39934 on: August 16, 2022, 06:09:37 pm »
That sky blue line is laughable. Revenue growth? Even leaving aside the dodgy airline and crypto sponsorships since, absolutely no way in hell they were raking in £112m a decade ago, just shy of Ferguson’s United  ::)
Also the only club whose growth continued to rise during the pandemic. Just shows how having no fans means fuck all to City's ability to make money.

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39935 on: August 16, 2022, 06:15:03 pm »
Also the only club whose growth continued to rise during the pandemic. Just shows how having no fans means fuck all to City's ability to make money.
Would be fascinated to know the justification for that specific rise. There’s not even a pretence to look remotely legitimate.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Online 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #39936 on: August 16, 2022, 06:35:04 pm »
btw...I think Michael Oliver will be our Ref v these.

Mystic Meg... :wave

Referee: Michael Oliver.
Assistants: Stuart Burt, Simon Bennett.
Fourth official: David Coote.
VAR: Darren England.
Assistant VAR: Timothy Wood.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #39937 on: August 16, 2022, 06:41:06 pm »
Mystic Meg... :wave

Referee: Michael Oliver.
Assistants: Stuart Burt, Simon Bennett.
Fourth official: David Coote.
VAR: Darren England.
Assistant VAR: Timothy Wood.
I remember the name Darren England from being the wally on VAR that didn't give the pen for Salah against Burnley.  The usual "clear and obvious" excuse.  Hopefully as this time he's backing up a competent ref rather than Atkinson we won't have the issue.

All in all, I'm generally happy when we get Oliver irrespective of who the others are.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39938 on: August 16, 2022, 06:47:23 pm »
That c*nt Coote again.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Online Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #39939 on: August 16, 2022, 06:56:52 pm »
Ten Haag may turn out to be a mediocre manager but he's already a pro at having his people brief the press about why none of this is his fault.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #39940 on: August 16, 2022, 07:44:46 pm »
Talks with Rabiot have broken down.  De Jong remains unlikely.

They are now looking at alternatives such as Casemiro….  (From the athletic).

There’s nothing like good planning and preparation eh?
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #39941 on: August 16, 2022, 07:56:03 pm »
Talks with Rabiot have broken down.  De Jong remains unlikely.

They are now looking at alternatives such as Casemiro….  (From the athletic).

There’s nothing like good planning and preparation eh?
Too bad we "lost" yesterday  because we can't fully laugh at these.

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39942 on: August 16, 2022, 08:43:57 pm »

I'm still laughing. Shambles of a club. No plan at all.

They brought in a manager with a distinct way of playing, instead of moving mountains to back him, they have been missing in action. They have ran away from making any big calls. That team needs breaking up, with players who suit the manager brought in. They haven't done that, and they are left with a unbalanced demoralised squad

Look at us, City, Arsenal and Chelsea. You can tell you how each manager wants to play, and thier recent transfers on paper make sense. United, you have no idea looking at the players they are linked with.

Chelsea brought in Werner and Lukaku. It didn't work, they got moved on and Tuchel brought in replacements. The same players at United have been there years, plodding along. Arsenal ripped up their club captains contract when he didn't fit into Aretas plans mid season, a massive call at the time. They didn't panic buy a replacement, waited till the summer and brought in Gabriel Jesus who has hit the ground running. Fuck me, when Arsenal look half competent and your club isn't, you know you are fucked.  ;D

Midtable Man United ...
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #39943 on: August 16, 2022, 08:52:32 pm »
I'm still laughing. Shambles of a club. No plan at all.

They brought in a manager with a distinct way of playing, instead of moving mountains to back him, they have been missing in action. They have ran away from making any big calls. That team needs breaking up, with players who suit the manager brought in. They haven't done that, and they are left with a unbalanced demoralised squad

Look at us, City, Arsenal and Chelsea. You can tell you how each manager wants to play, and thier recent transfers on paper make sense. United, you have no idea looking at the players they are linked with.

Chelsea brought in Werner and Lukaku. It didn't work, they got moved on and Tuchel brought in replacements. The same players at United have been there years, plodding along. Arsenal ripped up their club captains contract when he didn't fit into Aretas plans mid season, a massive call at the time. They didn't panic buy a replacement, waited till the summer and brought in Gabriel Jesus who has hit the ground running. Fuck me, when Arsenal look half competent and your club isn't, you know you are fucked.  ;D

Midtable Man United ...
I feel managers have to be backed within reason. For example, you don't have to be a rocket scientist to know that Lisandro Martinez won't cut it as a centreback in this league. I honestly don't think them backing him is the issue because they went after all the players he wanted like Darwin and De Jong. They just aren't attractive enough.

With respect to the potential outgoings, their hands are tied because of their wage structure.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #39944 on: August 16, 2022, 11:56:42 pm »
I'm still laughing. Our performance has nothing to do with it as I'm not involved in any bantz wars. I'm laughing cos it's bloody hilarious. ;D
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39945 on: August 17, 2022, 01:39:59 am »
Musk just said he's buying these cnts.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Online 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #39946 on: August 17, 2022, 01:54:36 am »
Aug 16 (Reuters) - Tesla (TSLA.O) Chief Executive Officer Elon Musk said on Tuesday he was buying football club Manchester United Plc (MANU.N).

Musk, the richest person in the world, has a history of making irreverent tweets, and it was not immediately clear whether he planned to pursue a deal.

"I'm buying Manchester United ur welcome," Musk said in a tweet.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Online Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #39947 on: August 17, 2022, 01:59:17 am »
Nothing like a little securities fraud to start a Tuesday night.

Offline Egyptian36

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39948 on: August 17, 2022, 02:13:06 am »

Never seen an attention seeker like Elon Musk.

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39949 on: August 17, 2022, 02:20:15 am »

Let him. He's no stranger to pissing money up the wall on irrelevant things. Biggest blagger going.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline Tokyoite

• Kopite
  • Biggest Endo fan
« Reply #39950 on: August 17, 2022, 02:33:47 am »
Some of them are getting a bit giddy at the prospect of Musk buying them. The mind boggles

Offline TipTopKop

• Legacy Fan
  • Call Meeeeeee The Splund
« Reply #39951 on: August 17, 2022, 03:24:14 am »
Soapbox alert:    Whether Musk does or doesn't, it's just a sign of the times that clubs have now become a plaything for the billionaires to boast, add to their portfolio, brag and sip champagne in the directors box.

Light years away from the discreet ownerships of the past and the less than astronomical fees that get thrown about today. The gap between a supporter and their club grows, their ties to the club getting weaker by the day.

And the fanbase buys it; some fella goes on Twitter to make a throwaway remark about purchasing the club. 'Yes please, come and buy us so we can call ourselves a better club because we can outspend the others'.

Just how much thought went into this proposed purchase exactly? and they're all jumping about not realising the same throwaway thinking will be involved in dumping them, if circumstances permitted.

Offline Armand9

• Legacy Fan
    • http://armand9.deviantart.com/
« Reply #39952 on: August 17, 2022, 05:18:04 am »
who cares, it's a circus, the only thing we're missing is the car of clowns nipping around the centre circle at the start of games

it's like being sat in the pub and watching your mate text every female he fucking knows and getting shot down in flames continually, including the ones he always said were beneath him

dude, just stop

just stop
Losing your only chance of silverware this season to your city rival. At home. With the most expensive squad ever assembled.

Have that, you arrogant wanker. CarraG238

Offline Passmaster Molby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39953 on: August 17, 2022, 05:18:52 am »
Musk has been getting bombarded by United fans for weeks now asking him to buy Man Utd so he probably just got sick of it and sent them the response they wanted. Nothing to see here………

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #39954 on: August 17, 2022, 06:06:09 am »
I think we tanked the last two games and the preseason game to get United fans hopes soaring before an utter demolition. Rock bottom.
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #39955 on: August 17, 2022, 07:17:32 am »
:lmao

Oh dear, it was a joke

:lmao
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Saltashscouse

• Legacy Fan
  • Born and bred to support the Reds
« Reply #39956 on: August 17, 2022, 07:30:31 am »
Hahaha  i got sent this yesterday which i think is spot on

OLD TRAFFORD DONKEY SANCTUARY
OLD TRAFFORD DONKEY SANCTUARY (Est. 2013.) From as little as £750 a year, you too can sponsor a helpless donkey. Like HARRY bought from Leicester for £80m, where his cruel Thai owners were forcing him to perform as a 'footballer' for as much as 90 minutes in the blazing sun, in front of a baying crowd. Or CRISTIANO, brought here at enormous expense because no one else wanted him. No one knows exactly how old Cristiano is, but he's certainly a veteran as he can scarcely move and is useless for any work. His food, vet bills and treats cost us over 500k a week. Or perhaps little LUKE or 'Fatty' as he is known to his fans. Luke has had such traumas that he's a compulsive eater, and often eats as many as 10 large sacks of carrots a day.

Of course, you don't need to choose Harry, Cristiano or Luke. We have more than a dozen other donkeys some of them tragic cases. For example PHIL. Little Phil would have been put down anywhere else, as his vet bills are huge and he is rarely able to do any work. However, here at Old Trafford he is safe and can enjoy retirement with his friends.

We are open on alternate weekends and many Thursday nights. Why don't you come down and enjoy the sight of our donkeys running aimlessly about our large field in Trafford, near Manchester? We have several cafes and a big shop where you can buy an expansive range of donkey memorabilia. Remember, every penny goes towards the upkeep of our donkeys and enables us to bring in more hapless donkeys from around the world to our safe retirement home.

(Old Trafford Donkey Sanctuary, Registered Charity 16161616.)

Patron: Mr J. Glazer. Temporary Donkey Superintendent Mr E. ten Hag. Donkey Superintendent Emeritus, Mr. Ferguson.

Corporate Sponsors: FA Premier League, PGMOL, BBC, Daily Mail, Guardian, Mr Kok's Crispy Noodle Stall (Bangkok).

Jan Molby once bought me a pint 🍺

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #39957 on: August 17, 2022, 09:00:53 am »
https://www.joe.co.uk/sport/comedian-elon-musk-confirms-hes-not-really-buying-manchester-united-354376

Elon Musk confirms he's really buying Manchester United

Elon Musk has confirmed he has every intention of buying Manchester United - saying an earlier tweet was part of a ‘desire to get players from Marine playing at Old Trafford’

The Tesla CEO, who recently backed out of a 44 billion dollar (£36.3 billion) deal to buy Twitter, announced his intentions to buy the club early on Wednesday morning.

Tweeting to his 103 million followers, he said: “To be clear, I support the left half of the Republican Party and the right half of the Democratic Party!

He added: “Also, I’m buying Manchester United ur welcome.”

But he confirmed the remarks several hours later.

Responding to Tesla owners asking if he was serious, Musk tweeted in reply: "Yes, this is a long-running joke on Twitter. I’m not buying any sports teams, which is why Manchester United caught my eye."

In another tease to fans, he added: "Man U. They were my fav team as a kid."

United have been owned by the Florida-based Glazer family since 2005, but disquiet among fans has been growing in recent months.

According to recent reports, United fans are considering acting like 5 year old spoilt whiny kids crying about fucking everything at Old Trafford for the game against Liverpool as they ramp up their protests.

A demonstration against the owners resulted in an Old Trafford megastore being closed prior to their Premier League opener.

Footage posted on Twitter by anti-Glazer fan account The 1958 shows a number of fans bearing a banner emblazoned with 'Fight for United' as fans call for the unpopular owners to sell the club.

Join us en route. Unite with us against this ownership. Never give up hope that we can be bought by a human-rights abusing, sportswashing shower of dickheads that can buy the league for us, just like in the good old days!

— The 1958 (@The__1958) August 7, 2022
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Vote For Pedro

• "Kay-bye!"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39958 on: August 17, 2022, 10:21:57 am »

Offline MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan