Author Topic: NO MORE TICKET EXCHANGES FOR THIS SEASON  (Read 54806 times)

Offline timmit

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: NO MORE TICKET EXCHANGES FOR THIS SEASON
« Reply #40 on: July 12, 2019, 08:50:11 am »
its not so much that its because the club come down on people harshly who at times cant make it to a game and give their ticket to a mate.

at times the said mate might not know his way around Anfield and end up at wrong turnstile/seat or doesn't scan his ticket right, a steward comes over and asks where they got it from and at times their mind is made up that the ticket is got by touting of some form

so because another person is using a ticket that's not normally theirs the season ticket holder is suddenly barred

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=334543.0 this for example. and this

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=325541.0

Spot on. And I think this has to be the way forward. Of course the club has to manage tickets better etc for it to work properly. But I know that if, as an example, I missed out on a ticket to a game that sold on on 6 previous games, while I had 5, but someone here had a spare and gave it to someone that had 500 posts, but hadn’t been to a game for a couple of years, I’d be less than impressed.
We are the Champions , Champions of Europe

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: July 12, 2019, 09:41:50 am »
There is a line of thought that tickets should be allocated on loyalty. Attendance at previous matches.

I don't think it's anything to do with that. No one who has ever offered a ticket on the exchange and said 'oh I will only sell to you if you've been to x amount of games'

The suspension of it came about when fans starting getting lifetime bans from Anfield due to passing on their cards to others.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2019, 09:43:54 am by scouser102002 »

Offline J_Kopite

• Is he or isn't she? Cougar toy.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: July 12, 2019, 10:35:56 am »
I don't think it's anything to do with that. No one who has ever offered a ticket on the exchange and said 'oh I will only sell to you if you've been to x amount of games'

The suspension of it came about when fans starting getting lifetime bans from Anfield due to passing on their cards to others.

This isn't an issue for away games though

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: July 12, 2019, 10:47:48 am »
This isn't an issue for away games though

Yeah, I think there was a discussion about just having it for away games before it was suspended as well

Offline anfieldpurch

• Simple
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96!!
« Reply #44 on: July 12, 2019, 10:52:30 am »
Yeah, I think there was a discussion about just having it for away games before it was suspended as well
I think the fact that there are so few spares coming up for away games these days (even more so since the £30 price cap) has an effect on the thinking too
Proud father to Riley James Lucas 16/3/17

Offline Paullfc95

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: July 12, 2019, 12:22:49 pm »
I think the fact that there are so few spares coming up for away games these days (even more so since the £30 price cap) has an effect on the thinking too
Disagree with that I got sorted plenty of aways on the exchanges last year

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #46 on: July 12, 2019, 06:51:01 pm »
Oh didn’t even realise this was the case. Gutted. Met loads of mates through buying on here and only managed to get to most away games via the exchange as well. Be sad to see it go. 
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #47 on: July 12, 2019, 07:07:42 pm »
The club are trying to weed out touts and coming down heavily on people passing on tickets.

You are not affiliated to the club and it is something that has been actively promoted as being an independent site. This access to tickets offers an honest and trust worthy forum for people to get access to tickets and 99.99% of the the time is never abused.

I don't think, I know, you are making a wrong and myopic decision.

This coming from someone who doesn't have problems getting tickets, so to me, all you are doing is pushing people out into the shark infested waters of the internet and towards the shitehawaks that patrol the ground.

@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline vamos tony

• Kopite
  • JFT97
« Reply #48 on: July 13, 2019, 08:49:31 am »
Would be disappointed to see this ended, have use this for many years and traded buying and selling. Back in the day people had trade counts so you knew were you stood.
Never had any problems and always dealt at face value
SOS Member 2692
“It is better to die on your feet than live forever on your knees”. Dolores Ibaruri, Asturias, Spain,1934

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: July 13, 2019, 08:57:56 am »
Why you all getting your knickers in a twist over something that hasn’t been decided yet?

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: July 13, 2019, 01:09:35 pm »
I don't think anyone is getting their knickers in a twist at all, its more to do with a what feels like, what could be a potentially poor decision that would ultimately force people out, and into as mentioned - shark infested waters.

@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: July 13, 2019, 01:26:52 pm »
If someone is daft enough to buy off a tout on Twitter that’s not really my problem. We’re talking about getting match tickets not withholding a cure for cancer.

Offline CHOPPER

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: July 13, 2019, 02:33:05 pm »
By potentially removing the forum to obtain tickets, then you are in fact driving people towards the Twitters and the ground touts of this world, this is the whole crux of what is being said.

*Rocket science and a cure for cancer, collide in a Stellar battle of who can win the metaphor challenge*

Offline daindan

• lyin clock......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: July 13, 2019, 02:54:01 pm »
The problem is from an outside perspective, offering a ticket on here at fv is still against the terms and conditions in lfc eyes.  Cos strictly speaking, the ppl you sell a spare to on here is neither a friend or family so if anything happens down the line you can’t say you gave it to a friend

Offline CHOPPER

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: July 13, 2019, 03:02:32 pm »
We're all friends on the Kop and in the ground, so there's no problem.

Sort ticket for said person, at face value - you're now their friend for life, they get in, they're now you're double friend for life and potentially want you to become part of their family. Yahtzee!

I've sorted tickets for many people who have become friends on the back of it. Its the quelling of the touts that needs to be addressed here, not the foot soldiers code of honour.

Peter Everypenny need not apply to the foot-soldier title,  the gobshite.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: July 13, 2019, 05:01:20 pm »
By potentially removing the forum to obtain tickets, then you are in fact driving people towards the Twitters and the ground touts of this world, this is the whole crux of what is being said.

*Rocket science and a cure for cancer, collide in a Stellar battle of who can win the metaphor challenge*

By the same token you could say it also brings those sharks into our waters :D We can't police what goes on on PM, we've had cases where phone numbers have been collected and WhatsApp groups set up to share tickets.

It's not as simple and straightforward as is being made out.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: July 13, 2019, 05:02:52 pm »
The problem is from an outside perspective, offering a ticket on here at fv is still against the terms and conditions in lfc eyes.  Cos strictly speaking, the ppl you sell a spare to on here is neither a friend or family so if anything happens down the line you can’t say you gave it to a friend

Exactly.

Who knows who's been looking in, the trusted thread is a goldmine for those investigation officers.

Offline timmit

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #57 on: July 13, 2019, 06:27:33 pm »
We're all friends on the Kop and in the ground, so there's no problem.

Sort ticket for said person, at face value - you're now their friend for life, they get in, they're now you're double friend for life and potentially want you to become part of their family. Yahtzee!

I've sorted tickets for many people who have become friends on the back of it. Its the quelling of the touts that needs to be addressed here, not the foot soldiers code of honour.

Peter Everypenny need not apply to the foot-soldier title,  the gobshite.

I think you’re totally missing the point. As Claire and others have alluded to, passing tickets on like this is almost certainly against the t&c s of buying one. People are wary of spot checks etc and rightly so. It’s also a valid point that no-one knows who is looking at these forums. And as I’ve said before, we can’t bang on about loyalty schemes being everything and it’s really important that people with past credits are rewarded and then say “well apart from our RAWK exchange where we reserve the right to pass on tickets to our mates no matter how many games they’ve been to, as long as they’ve made 200 posts on here”.

There are plenty of reasons why this should be taken under careful consideration. I don’t have the answers by the way, and yes, I’ve passed my ticket to my son before and also had tickets passed on to me by a friend. I’m not sure that it’s something that’s right though?

Offline daindan

• lyin clock......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: July 13, 2019, 07:48:11 pm »
The main issue is in the first instance your passing your spare onto a stranger and trusting them not to sell it on or misuse it.  Plus whose to say no lfc steward/ticket investigator is on this forum. Nothing stops them buying a spare and bang your banned for life. The club will say if there actually a friend you wouldn’t be selling it on social media or Internet forum

Offline CHOPPER

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: July 14, 2019, 10:34:05 am »
I think you’re totally missing the point. As Claire and others have alluded to, passing tickets on like this is almost certainly against the t&c s of buying one. People are wary of spot checks etc and rightly so. It’s also a valid point that no-one knows who is looking at these forums. And as I’ve said before, we can’t bang on about loyalty schemes being everything and it’s really important that people with past credits are rewarded and then say “well apart from our RAWK exchange where we reserve the right to pass on tickets to our mates no matter how many games they’ve been to, as long as they’ve made 200 posts on here”.

There are plenty of reasons why this should be taken under careful consideration. I don’t have the answers by the way, and yes, I’ve passed my ticket to my son before and also had tickets passed on to me by a friend. I’m not sure that it’s something that’s right though?

You're right, I've got it all wrong. I shall hand all my spares immediately back to the club so they can ensure they go through the correct channels and ensure Thomas Cook make some money out of the club partnership.

Hands up which mod hasn't, touched for a ticket through this site?

Offline timmit

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #60 on: July 14, 2019, 05:56:17 pm »
You're right, I've got it all wrong. I shall hand all my spares immediately back to the club so they can ensure they go through the correct channels and ensure Thomas Cook make some money out of the club partnership.

Hands up which mod hasn't, touched for a ticket through this site?

Like I said we’ve all done it. I just know that if I was one who missed out because people decide to give tickets to others that didn’t have the required credits I’d be a bit pissed off. Surely you can see that?

Of course the flip side to that is that the club has to get the arses into gear to make sure that people who are going to the matches are the ones claiming the loyalty though. Work to be done on both sides

Offline ant

• Legacy Fan
  • Spread the faith - YNWA !!!
    • OLSC - France
« Reply #61 on: July 26, 2019, 06:57:25 pm »
Hello RAWK, can you change the title to NO MORE TICKET EXCHANGES FOR SEASON 2018-19, please - YNWA
www.liverpoolfrance.com - The home of Liverpool fans in France.

Get down to 1 of our 2 pubs in Paris, Lush Bar or Kop Bar, for all the Red's games on the tele :
http://www.liverpoolfrance.com/ou-voir-les-reds/

TRADE COUNT WHEN WE HAD A TICKET EXCHANGE : 24

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: July 26, 2019, 07:08:32 pm »
The main issue is in the first instance your passing your spare onto a stranger and trusting them not to sell it on or misuse it.  Plus whose to say no lfc steward/ticket investigator is on this forum. Nothing stops them buying a spare and bang your banned for life. The club will say if there actually a friend you wouldn’t be selling it on social media or Internet forum

And this is basically it.

The club are enforcing the T&Cs and coming down hard on people.

There might be some merit in looking at just doing exchanges for aways as they're paper tickets and it's a closed shop anyway, but the credit hunting for homes is ridiculous.

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #63 on: July 26, 2019, 07:38:54 pm »
If the club are clamping down on passed on tickets then it seems like it's sadly necessary to bin off the exchange otherwise there'll be more lads and lasses get caught and get their seasies chopped up.

Big shame. But probably wise.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #64 on: July 27, 2019, 01:09:23 am »
Is there no way of working with the club on this? Explaining what we are trying to do here (let good reds get to see a game when a ticket holder can't make it) and that we guarantee FV sales only, thus at least slightly fighting back against touting. Maybe have members here register separately for the exchange, with details, so that it is recorded who has which ticket, and if said ticket ends up with touts then that person can be banned.

In an ideal world the club would recognise certain forums/institutions etc as legitimate ticket exchanges who undertake to ensure that tickers are sold at FV only, so that they (the club) don't have to oversee things.

Surely they can't want either empty seats or more and more tickets going to touts? The club clearly aren't going to manage a genuine working exchange, so only answer then is to allow FV sales elsewhere.
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA, Chester via Newtownards
« Reply #65 on: July 27, 2019, 01:27:05 am »
Is there no way of working with the club on this? Explaining what we are trying to do here (let good reds get to see a game when a ticket holder can't make it) and that we guarantee FV sales only, thus at least slightly fighting back against touting. Maybe have members here register separately for the exchange, with details, so that it is recorded who has which ticket, and if said ticket ends up with touts then that person can be banned.

In an ideal world the club would recognise certain forums/institutions etc as legitimate ticket exchanges who undertake to ensure that tickers are sold at FV only, so that they (the club) don't have to oversee things.

Surely they can't want either empty seats or more and more tickets going to touts? The club clearly aren't going to manage a genuine working exchange, so only answer then is to allow FV sales elsewhere.
If they club cared they would set up their own members exchange

Offline daindan

• lyin clock......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: July 27, 2019, 09:19:30 am »

Never gonna happen. Uk law prohibits the resale of non hospitality tickets. The club sees online forums as social media selling, and not selling to mates etc

Offline OzBomber

• Favourite manager Tommy Tootchel favourite Player Naby 'lid' Kyta
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: August 7, 2019, 10:57:34 am »
This is a real shame. As an Aussie this forum gave me the chance to attend my first game which was against Arsenal in 2016. I also got Dortmund, Villareal and many others thanks to some incredibly kind souls on here that allowed me to experience some of the best nights of my life while I lived over there. And not once did I have to buy off a  tout in the 13 games I went to.

People always fume that foreigners tout tickets to go to games and some in here say "just find a friend to get a spare off". Without the exchange forum, those of us who dont have our own contacts will be forced to tout if we want to go.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #68 on: August 7, 2019, 03:31:24 pm »
If they club cared they would set up their own members exchange
But they clearly don't seem to want to, or aren't getting round to it. Maybe fan groups can take up the need, under their aegis
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #69 on: August 7, 2019, 03:40:20 pm »
But they clearly don't seem to want to, or aren't getting round to it. Maybe fan groups can take up the need, under their aegis

A members exchange is the way forward. The member who’s returning the ticket to get a full refund but the loss of a credit. STH get a partial refund now but obvs keep the credit (sort of) so that would be fair all round!!

Should do this for away games also

Offline Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #70 on: August 7, 2019, 03:45:53 pm »
Never gonna happen. Uk law prohibits the resale of non hospitality tickets. The club sees online forums as social media selling, and not selling to mates etc
Only if sold without permission of the football club. It's legal if authorised by the club.

Which was my point. Can fan groups not get something going with the club and say 'Look, neither you nor we want empty seats at Liverpool matches, we're not Man City for fucks sake, and there are plenty of good reds willing to take unwanted spares AT FACE VALUE ONLY and plenty of ticket holders willing to pass their tickets on AT FACE VALUE ONLY to other reds. You haven't got time or the manpower to sort up an up-to-the-minute workable ticket exchange so why not authorise us to run it, on your behalf, with your full knowledge and permission. We will require participating fans to prove their ID and guarantee that exchanges only occur at face vale, and if anyone is caught touting after obtaining from our exchange, or if you or the police or other authorities share info with us about known touts, they will be banned from using our exchange."

Something like that. I'd be happy to help out in organising and running something like this, if I could find known and respected fan groups/websites to work with and approach the club.

Fans helping fans out, no profiteering, just face value (or less if anyone is feeling charitable) exchanges. It's a beautiful thing

Offline Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #71 on: August 7, 2019, 03:48:18 pm »
This is a real shame. As an Aussie this forum gave me the chance to attend my first game which was against Arsenal in 2016. I also got Dortmund, Villareal and many others thanks to some incredibly kind souls on here that allowed me to experience some of the best nights of my life while I lived over there. And not once did I have to buy off a  tout in the 13 games I went to.

People always fume that foreigners tout tickets to go to games and some in here say "just find a friend to get a spare off". Without the exchange forum, those of us who dont have our own contacts will be forced to tout if we want to go.
Absolutely. I have no contacts in Liverpool now, no gang of mates who can pass a ticket on. I used to be a regular matchgoer before life events stopped me, and want to start going again when I can. I'm sure there are many like me, and you.

A members exchange is the way forward. The member who’s returning the ticket to get a full refund but the loss of a credit. STH get a partial refund now but obvs keep the credit (sort of) so that would be fair all round!!

Should do this for away games also
Yep that's kind of what I mean. Those wanting to participate have to join up, prove who they are, agree not to tout if they obtain a ticket etc. If the club can't run it, I'm sure fans could. Various fan groups, websites etc could be authorised by the club, to split the load and increase accessibility.

Nothing in my posts is meant as a criticism of any decision this website takes. The Mods obviously know what's best for the site.
« Last Edit: August 7, 2019, 03:53:36 pm by Ghost Town »

Offline Red-Dread

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #72 on: August 9, 2019, 03:41:02 pm »
Is there any sign of a RAWK announcement as to the future (or lack of) for the exchange yet?
first ever avatar..... ben(d)oak

Offline jezred

• Kemlynite
« Reply #73 on: August 16, 2019, 06:20:54 pm »
Yes, I concur. I have bought face value away tickets several times over the years on RAWK and always thought it was a very honourable system. Never had any pressure to pay extra and helped many people who wanted to buy their tickets from the club to keep up their match quota without losing money

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #74 on: August 16, 2019, 07:01:47 pm »
Shame it couldn't have stayed for the aways, although still not had official confirmation?

Would have been ideal for a Burnley ticket as well!
It's official in the support part of the forum. John C confirmed they aren't inclined to continue for now. He left the door ajar for in the future but definitely no exchanges for now.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #75 on: August 16, 2019, 08:20:42 pm »
Ha ha oh well. Kind of feel it's my fault as the exchange is the only reason I signed up here. So, naturally, it as to come to an end immediately.

Offline stoz

• John Motson. The Flag Bearer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #76 on: August 19, 2019, 09:49:08 am »
Ha ha oh well. Kind of feel it's my fault as the exchange is the only reason I signed up here. So, naturally, it as to come to an end immediately.

And therein lies a main reason why they appear to be no longer continuing.

Offline Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #77 on: August 19, 2019, 12:30:23 pm »
And therein lies a main reason why they appear to be no longer continuing.
Is it? Are you really saying this site is abandoning a scheme because some people thought it was a good idea and fair and worthwhile and signed up to participate?

I mean it's a fair cop on my part but is it really as bad and sinister as you make it sound? Many people read this site without registering, and I was among them, coming here occasionally to read the latest news etc.

Discovering and wishing to participate in what I saw as a really fair and constructive, and overall marvellous FV ticket exchange scheme, I signed up to be able to post.

I then deliberately did not ask for any tickets last season, so as not to be an irresponsible user whom nobody knows. I instead took time to post widely on a variety of subjects, and get to know people and let people get to know me and hopefully see that I was reasonably OK and trustworthy.

My plan was to start asking for tickets at some point this season, having first made a home here. Looks like that is not to be, which is remarkably bad timing on my part. Still, I'm here now and have woven myself somewhat into the fabric of the place, so I guess I'll be sticking around regardless. Hope that's OK with you

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: August 19, 2019, 02:33:41 pm »
We did have an issue with people only using the site for the exchange - and whilst that by itself isn't a massive issue the club are taking steps to sort out touting, and I'm not saying that's what people here are doing at all, but we did have many reported cases of members who were selling on tickets at FV being caught up in the club's efforts. The club don't really care if you're selling on for face, as just selling on is the crime.

Giving an occasional ticket to your friend isn't the problem, it's the systematic offloading of tickets to accrue credits that is the problem in the club's eyes.

Offline carl123uk

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @CarlLFC5
« Reply #79 on: August 20, 2019, 06:47:17 am »
Surely its upto the members on here if they want to take that risk or not? Start of each month open up an exchange for each match in the month