Author Topic: Season Ticket Waiting List  (Read 581030 times)

Offline PaulR

• Claims Diplomatic Immunity
  • Kopite
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
Season Ticket Waiting List
« on: March 2, 2011, 10:36:06 am »
LFC announcement on the Club website at 2pm today.

Offline Danny Boys Dad

• Errol Flynn when he's had a few
  • Legacy Fan
  • Now listen here son
Re: Season Ticket Waiting List
« Reply #1 on: March 2, 2011, 10:39:59 am »
LFC announcement re: season ticket waiting list

'It's really, really big'

Legacy fan

Offline BobbyDavro

• can't skate
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2 on: March 2, 2011, 10:47:42 am »
I predict:
Amensty for people holding their great-grandads STs, and an announcement that the list is being wiped completely and people need to re-apply.

They need to know how many seats they can really sell in the new/amended stadium.  The current list is a bag of shite, I'm probably still on it at an address from 1997 when I wanted to go every game.  I'm 14 years older and have 3 kids I never had then and can't afford a season ticket now.  I might even be on twice, I think I applied again around the turn of the century at a new address.
They need to know the reality - and the above would be a smart move, and they're smart people.
« Last Edit: March 2, 2011, 10:49:31 am by BobbyDavro »

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: March 2, 2011, 10:50:18 am »
Last I heard it was a 10 year long waiting list for ST's.

Although that was in 2006 ;)

Offline Danny Boys Dad

• Errol Flynn when he's had a few
  • Legacy Fan
  • Now listen here son
« Reply #4 on: March 2, 2011, 10:51:14 am »
Wonder if they are going to charge people to be on it, or make membership a pre-requisite?

Been on it 10 years and not a sniff.
Legacy fan

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Vice Chair - Former Chair LFC S/Committee
« Reply #5 on: March 2, 2011, 10:53:41 am »
My guess:

Admission it is a bit of a mess

List will be published of what they have got and where people might be on it BUT

The new list will have a provision for those at the top (a few thousand representing those that will be offered a ticket in an expanded stadium*) to pay a fee to secure their position on the list and to be guaranteed the offer of a ticket when the redevelopment takes place.

If you don't take up the offer to secure your position by paying a tenner say then they move to the next person on the list and you lose your place

*Ayre said that their plan for any expanded capacity would be to keep the same proportions of different types of ticket.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline barneystuta

• Legacy Fan
    • This Is Analysis - Stories & Analysis about Liverpool Football Club
« Reply #6 on: March 2, 2011, 10:56:02 am »
I predict:
Amensty for people holding their great-grandads STs, and an announcement that the list is being wiped completely and people need to re-apply.

They need to know how many seats they can really sell in the new/amended stadium.  The current list is a bag of shite, I'm probably still on it at an address from 1997 when I wanted to go every game.  I'm 14 years older and have 3 kids I never had then and can't afford a season ticket now.  I might even be on twice, I think I applied again around the turn of the century at a new address.
They need to know the reality - and the above would be a smart move, and they're smart people.

Something a long these lines sounds about right. Also, as Graham Smith said above, I reckon they could throw in Membership as a pre-req for being on the ST waiting list.

Offline beardsley4ever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: March 2, 2011, 10:57:34 am »
They should make everyone re-apply to keep their place in the list.  That'll give them a better view of the real demand, without changing the priority that individuals already have.

Offline main-stand-molby

• Kopite
« Reply #8 on: March 2, 2011, 10:58:11 am »
They should make everyone re-apply to keep their place in the list.  That'll give them a better view of the real demand, without changing the priority that individuals already have.
Exactly.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: March 2, 2011, 10:59:07 am »
Wonder if they are going to charge people to be on it, or make membership a pre-requisite?

Been on it 10 years and not a sniff.

You wont get a sniff as until LFC and other football clubs improve their admin and realise that a season ticket holder is 200 years old(ST being past through the family) then they is no way the waiting list will be reduced at a rate that is fair.

A dog has more chance of getting a season ticket than you do.

Offline paddysour

• likes balls
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: March 2, 2011, 11:00:04 am »
I'd say if they sort the list out, it will have the biggest bearing on wether we redevelop Anfield or build a new stadium.

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: March 2, 2011, 11:00:49 am »

I'm pretty certain that their records are going to be a shambles - they may have well done all they could to transfer the information they had in ledgers on to computer but there has to be a chance that people who thought they were on it were missed and of course, that the information is out of date address (and even living) wise.

Will be interesting how they deal with people who applied years ago and get missed off, if indded they don't just say they are going back to the start and asking people to re-apply.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline barneystuta

• Legacy Fan
    • This Is Analysis - Stories & Analysis about Liverpool Football Club
« Reply #12 on: March 2, 2011, 11:01:42 am »

That would make too much sense though  :-\

In all seriousness, doing this, then communicating each year where each person is, and they have to reply to the communication (email/post/text or whatever) to confirm their position. So people stay on the list, year on year, and are interested.

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: March 2, 2011, 11:02:23 am »
I applied in the mid 90's and have never heard back.  Made an enquiry a few years later and just got a standard 'You are still on the list' reply.

Offline Fontaine

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: March 2, 2011, 11:03:52 am »
This should be interesting.  Says all you need to know that they wont give you an idea where you are on the list. 
I applied in 2000 and got a reference number and I then sent a letter in 2006 to ask where I am on the list.  All they did was send me a new reference number, so I guess I went back to the bottom of the list. 

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #15 on: March 2, 2011, 11:19:35 am »
I applied in the mid 90's and have never heard back.  Made an enquiry a few years later and just got a standard 'You are still on the list' reply.

Same here, I was put on it (apparently) in 1995 I think, but whenever I've asked where I am they just say they can't give an exact number.

But then a few years ago when I was in the PTS I ticked a box on a form one year about being on the ST list and then suddenly it appeared in my purchase history, so I have a feeling they only officially put me on it then.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Pepe Reina Is Rafas Son

• This must be Pepe's Mother, who else would know?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: March 2, 2011, 11:26:41 am »
I sent them a letter 7/8 years ago asking to be added to the waiting list never heard a dickie bird from them, wouldn't be surprised to find out I am not even on it  ::)
Stabbed your boss in the back, the man who made you fucking European Champions, and got in the man you wanted as manager. Just because Rafa wouldn't fucking cuddle you enough and fucking wank you off while telling you how fucking great you are.

Offline bez

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill!!!!!!!
« Reply #17 on: March 2, 2011, 11:32:35 am »

Funnily enough, was cleaning out my old draws at my mums in the summer. found a letter from 1996 from the club saying I have been added to the list! In theory I should be near the top!
Oh W**ky W**ky, W**ky W**ky W**ky W**ky Warrington.

Betfair referal code 6TXMVXF6J. £25 free

Offline itsgunnabebarnes!

• Neghead. hard and gagging. Will never be Barnes
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: March 2, 2011, 11:37:10 am »
Funnily enough, was cleaning out my old draws at my mums in the summer. found a letter from 1996 from the club saying I have been added to the list! In theory I should be near the top!

I had the same from 97. penned a letter in 2004 to ask for an update etc, and they had no idea, or any referance to me.  So i can only assume i was put on on in 2004.
'Tramps like us, baby we were born to run!'

Offline Billy1561

• The egg-beating, Turbo Wrist-Action King. Conqueror of Mow cop otherwise known as The Cow Mopper! Too old for Google...too overloaded to byte.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scouse by birth. Red by choice.
« Reply #19 on: March 2, 2011, 11:38:20 am »
I gave mine up many years ago when football changed into sky soccer saturday,sunday,monday,tuesday,wednesday,thursday,friday (delete as appropriate).
I had one of those weird monday to friday jobs with every saturday off  ;)
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life."

Offline alex.

• "Bring out The Blimp!"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: March 2, 2011, 11:38:29 am »
"We will not play the numbers game"

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #21 on: March 2, 2011, 11:41:42 am »

Ha!

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: March 2, 2011, 11:45:38 am »

;D

Hope they at least acknowledge the list is a shambles. Anything else is a bonus
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Offline TOMMO86

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: March 2, 2011, 11:46:37 am »
So Glad to have a season ticket already. This list has been nonsense for to long and thank god I'm not on it.

Offline Red Zeppelin

• Kopite
« Reply #24 on: March 2, 2011, 11:47:19 am »
how much do you reckon a season tickets worth??   i know of a lad who drinks in our local who would probably sign his one over to me for the right price     
Quote from: kdorg on Today at 02:09:38 AM
the more Pacheco doesn't play the better he becomes. He's turning into a cross between Maradonna Pele Messi and the holy fucking grail.

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: March 2, 2011, 11:48:34 am »
Expect (based upon previous experience viz Supporters Committee) that the announcement leaves more questions and answers, they get the feedback and then produce some FAQs next week answering the further queries having taken account of the feedback and developing their response..

Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline Umbarto

• of the Red Dojo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: March 2, 2011, 11:48:38 am »
how much do you reckon a season tickets worth??   i know of a lad who drinks in our local who would probably sign his one over to me for the right price     

If I didn't have to wait, I'd probably give a thousand pound to get sorted and it's mine from then on.

Offline Pepe Reina Is Rafas Son

• This must be Pepe's Mother, who else would know?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: March 2, 2011, 11:49:47 am »
There is no doubt thousands of people who are on the list who have never been to a game or been to 2 in about 10 years, they should give preference to members/fancard holders with games over them people because at least they are actively going to games and can be seen from their purchase history etc.

Stabbed your boss in the back, the man who made you fucking European Champions, and got in the man you wanted as manager. Just because Rafa wouldn't fucking cuddle you enough and fucking wank you off while telling you how fucking great you are.

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: March 2, 2011, 11:50:40 am »
You wont get a sniff as until LFC and other football clubs improve their admin and realise that a season ticket holder is 200 years old(ST being past through the family) then they is no way the waiting list will be reduced at a rate that is fair.

A dog has more chance of getting a season ticket than you do.

:lmao

Thanks! Just back in from lunch. Needed that to cheer me up.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #29 on: March 2, 2011, 11:53:09 am »

If it's above face value you should report him to the club.
I love you all. Even Mancs x

Offline scared_person

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: March 2, 2011, 11:54:28 am »
There is no doubt thousands of people who are on the list who have never been to a game or been to 2 in about 10 years, they should give preference to members/fancard holders with games over them people because at least they are actively going to games and can be seen from their purchase history etc.

There might be something in this. They'll want to get the regulars onto seasies so they can sell more of the general allocation to day trippers.

Financially it doesn't make sense to have regulars who are non STH, because they don't spend much on hotdogs, programmes and tat in Liverworld.

Offline VamosLiverpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: March 2, 2011, 11:57:03 am »
I hope I don't have to go back to the front of the queue if we are to re-apply. Not fair on those waiting for more than 10 years.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #32 on: March 2, 2011, 11:58:20 am »
Bet all those waiting were gutted when the old owners and Hodgson got slung into touch.

With them at the helm there wouldn't have been any waiting list next season.

Offline DutchRed

• Legacy Fan
  • =
« Reply #33 on: March 2, 2011, 12:00:24 pm »
If we could fill Anfield twice, then why not start with a system consisting first and second half season ticket until the new ground is finished in about a thousand years?
It's just sex and violence, melody and silence.

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: March 2, 2011, 12:08:03 pm »
I applied 6 or 7 years ago but never heard anything back to even acknowledge my application, I'm probably not even on it. Part of me hopes they just wipe the whole thing and set up a proper database for new applications, that won't happen though because of all of the people who think they've been on 10 years even though they probably won't have been put on in the first place due to the admin staff being incompetent at creating something simple like a list.

EDIT:

Everyone should be able to access their own details online so that they can change phone numbers, addresses, etc. A required login every summer to confirm you want to remain on the list should also exist.
« Last Edit: March 2, 2011, 12:11:39 pm by sminp »
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline Disintegration

• Legacy Fan
  • Kicking Against The Pricks
    • Attempted blog, didn't last long. As always.
« Reply #35 on: March 2, 2011, 12:11:55 pm »
It was left as a shambles under Moores / Parry. It needs to be gutted and worked out properly, even if that has the unfortunate result of people who've been waiting a while losing their place in the queue - From what I've heard, "having a place" hasn't meant very much to some people thanks to the awful system.

Offline brownie 09

• Long-winded.....but never mind :)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • twitter - brownie09RAWK
« Reply #36 on: March 2, 2011, 12:15:59 pm »
It was left as a shambles under Moores / Parry. It needs to be gutted and worked out properly, even if that has the unfortunate result of people who've been waiting a while losing their place in the queue - From what I've heard, "having a place" hasn't meant very much to some people thanks to the awful system.
whether its true or not i dont know but supposedly some people in the past few have phoned up said theyve been on the waiting lists for like 3 years and have been given a season ticket pretty much the same season, ive been on now for 7 years myself had a letter to confirm my place but by the sounds of it, its worth as much as the paper its printed on :\

Offline Neil D

• The new Kop pin-up model. Met Momo in the ASDA.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: March 2, 2011, 12:17:05 pm »
Been on it 10 years same as my dad, fingers crossed this is good news

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #38 on: March 2, 2011, 12:18:52 pm »
They might add another 5,000 ST holders to the ground or something to reduce the list.

Offline scared_person

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: March 2, 2011, 12:29:03 pm »
They might add another 5,000 ST holders to the ground or something to reduce the list.

Wouldn't that leave only about 5000 non ST and non away fans.

They'll want more day trippers than that!