Author Topic: Match Day Parking - Around Anfield?  (Read 176860 times)

Offline Stevie-A

• Castration Obsessed Latin Grammar Pedant
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Bronte ten bob eyes boxing club.
Re: Match Day Parking - Around Anfield?
« Reply #80 on: December 27, 2011, 07:50:28 pm »
Molyneux Vaults
Molyneux Road
L6 6AJ

Free parking, cheap beer, 10 minute walk or £4 taxi
10 minute walk from Molly? Thats shifting fella ;)

Offline Tony19:6

• Begets John 3:16
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born and Bred
« Reply #81 on: December 27, 2011, 11:41:44 pm »
10 minute walk from Molly? Thats shifting fella ;)
Sounds about right to me.

Not if you go down Sheil Rd mind.
A Great man once said...
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass.
It is terribly simple."

http://twitter.com/Tony19_6

Offline Yakyb

• Kopite
  • Wirralien Born and Bred
« Reply #82 on: December 28, 2011, 09:37:18 am »
I live by the Asda mate, and they are onto match day parkers now, they have enforced a maximum parking time and have a car park attendant on patrol. They did last week anyway (on a non match day).

I've also heard that the surrounding streets are getting resident permits too now because so many people take the piss.

can anyone confirm this, didnt park there for blackburn as didnt want to risk it the bastard car park is never even half full they shouldnt have an issue we always go in after for a drink and crisps as well

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #83 on: December 28, 2011, 09:43:27 am »
There's a bunch of flats behind the ASDA with a little tiny carpark right in the center.

Used to have a mate who lived there and always left my car there, never any problems, no tickets ect and you can probably get about 10-15 cars in there after the residents have parked.

Offline ewok-red

• Anarchist, potentially violent but lacks bottle.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #84 on: December 28, 2011, 10:05:01 am »
BNENC car park is pretty close
Albion House Sports / Youth Centre.

Both are local voluntary / community charities and money goes to them.
"the music isn't here to save the world, its there to save your life"  - skip jones, in 'stories we could tell' tony parsons, harper collins / qpd

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
« Reply #85 on: December 28, 2011, 10:32:24 am »
Get yourself down to Bootle mate. Bedford Rd is a winner. Can`t go wrong

Offline fivein05

• Rawkite most likely to take his ball home in a huff #2
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: December 28, 2011, 10:44:03 am »
can anyone confirm this, didnt park there for blackburn as didnt want to risk it the bastard car park is never even half full they shouldnt have an issue we always go in after for a drink and crisps as well

Yes mate my brother in law got done during the United game earlier in the season.
One poster on this site is going to let me down this season! Don't let it be you!

Offline ewok-red

• Anarchist, potentially violent but lacks bottle.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: January 3, 2012, 12:10:03 pm »
There's a bunch of flats behind the ASDA with a little tiny carpark right in the center.

Used to have a mate who lived there and always left my car there, never any problems, no tickets ect and you can probably get about 10-15 cars in there after the residents have parked.

i think this may be permit land now,unless you mean the one by the ZAP Play centre / home and bargain
"the music isn't here to save the world, its there to save your life"  - skip jones, in 'stories we could tell' tony parsons, harper collins / qpd

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: January 3, 2012, 12:37:04 pm »
i think this may be permit land now,unless you mean the one by the ZAP Play centre / home and bargain

Aye, think it's just behind the Home and Bargain, hidden away in the center of the flats.

Could be permit now though so not really worth the risk.

Offline Yakyb

• Kopite
  • Wirralien Born and Bred
« Reply #89 on: January 3, 2012, 09:59:28 pm »
Yes mate my brother in law got done during the United game earlier in the season.

cheers, I must have been lucky then cause i parked there on that day also

Offline Redeye

• Kopite
  • 31/1/59 Sunderland 3-1 Wheeler Bimpson Morris
« Reply #90 on: January 3, 2012, 10:37:47 pm »
I noticed the bastards weren't around for the Newcastle game. I also see plenty of fans returning to their cars post matches and they clearly have got away with the parking.

I can't see the point of employing 3 or 4 men to enforce this rule when there always seems plenty of parking space available whether there's a game on or not. And thinking on, parking's free at the Asda car park so what's it all about?
"Everybody at Anfield hopes that in the not too distant future Bill Shankly will lead the club back to the First Division - and also to a Cup Final victory."

Offline ollyfrom.tv

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #91 on: January 4, 2012, 01:42:13 pm »
Where is the best place to park near Anfield on a non match day? Comimg up on Friday next week for the Stoke game, and going on the Stadium Tour. Cheers

Offline S.Red please

• SerbianRed ;)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Penny Lane there is a barber showing photographs
    • HFSG
« Reply #92 on: January 4, 2012, 02:42:52 pm »
I remember parking somewhere like a field which I think was on Lower Breck Rd. It was very close to a Liverpool Supporters Club. This was in 2010 mind, does anyone know if you can still park here? I think they had people telling you where you can park as you came in.
Justice for the 97

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #93 on: January 4, 2012, 02:56:38 pm »
I remember parking somewhere like a field which I think was on Lower Breck Rd. It was very close to a Liverpool Supporters Club. This was in 2010 mind, does anyone know if you can still park here? I think they had people telling you where you can park as you came in.

Yes you can. Was £5 last season I think, although if it's a Saturday and there's matches on then say you're playing and they'll let you in for free ;)

Where is the best place to park near Anfield on a non match day? Comimg up on Friday next week for the Stoke game, and going on the Stadium Tour. Cheers

There's a little parking lot by the Main Stand and the Kop mate, park there.

Offline Theoldkopite

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Survived The Boy's Pen in the 60's.
« Reply #94 on: January 4, 2012, 02:59:20 pm »

You can park at the ground. There is a side road next to The Albert (assuming you know where that is) and there is a parking area at the rear of the pub.

Offline ollyfrom.tv

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: January 4, 2012, 03:07:04 pm »
Cheers lads. Only been up on match days before and usually on a coach, so wasn't sure about parking.

Offline S.Red please

• SerbianRed ;)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Penny Lane there is a barber showing photographs
    • HFSG
« Reply #96 on: January 4, 2012, 03:26:05 pm »
Yes you can. Was £5 last season I think, although if it's a Saturday and there's matches on then say you're playing and they'll let you in for free ;)

Cheers mate. Coming up on Friday for the Oldham game so don't mind paying £5.
Justice for the 97

Offline Theoldkopite

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Survived The Boy's Pen in the 60's.
« Reply #97 on: January 5, 2012, 03:47:51 pm »
Park in town and bus (27 or 17, there are others inc a soccer bus) up and down. Total around a tenner. Buy chips for the wait for the return bus.

Or park near the ground (one of the local schools will sort you if youre early enough), watch match, dont leave early, buy a bag of chips, wait in car eating chips listening to post match on radio.

Or free parking on St Domingo Rd or Robson St and a 10-15 minute walk, (with chips).

Any route out that misses Queens Drive and the M62 is recomended. If youre going the other way, theres a good chance that the Birkenhead tunnel closes at 10PM.

Best chippy, Fung Lok on Breck Rd.

Just a couple of questions:

How many bags of chips do you have on a match day?

Do you have fish with them, given your user name?

Are you on commission with the Fung Lok?

phil_j_420

« Reply #98 on: January 5, 2012, 05:49:09 pm »
Does anyone know where the Soccer Bus picks you up from after the game?  I normally end up walking back to Sandhills station, only takes about 25 mins, is it quicker on the bus with the queue?

Offline Redeye

• Kopite
« Reply #99 on: January 5, 2012, 08:30:27 pm »
It's free if you using the asda, but most places have a limit regardless, I.e aintree retail park has a 3 hour maximum.

I was on about the other asda, not the breck road one, the one by queens drive Walton.

That's the one I was referring too, also.
"Everybody at Anfield hopes that in the not too distant future Bill Shankly will lead the club back to the First Division - and also to a Cup Final victory."

Offline Sar75

• no common sents
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #100 on: January 5, 2012, 08:40:41 pm »
You can still park there, it's £6 now.
To work hard and have our supporters behind us and believing until the end, you run a little bit more.
Rafa Benitez

Offline eAyeAddio

• Legacy Fan
  • The last Kremlin-esque figure in The Main Stand...
« Reply #101 on: January 5, 2012, 09:31:33 pm »
Does anyone know where the Soccer Bus picks you up from after the game?
Walk down Anfield Rd to the first set of traffic lights and turn right.

The bus stop for the Soccerbus  is the 2nd one you come to.......about 30 metres from the corner.

The queue moves rapidly as there is a line of buses ready to leave and it is much quicker than walking, even with the queue.
They laugh at me because I'm different.
I laugh at them because they are all the same.....

Offline robbie77

• Kopite
« Reply #102 on: January 5, 2012, 10:10:17 pm »
Well, Having parked in and around Anfield for years, we have done everything from free parking, to parking in school car parks to the Sandon (handy when its pissing down as close to the pub and the ground)....The free parking wasn't really free as the same lad used to mind our car every time. We paid him a quid each (sometimes up to 7 of us in car) and never had any bother. Less places to park now due to permits but I've also had a bloke give me his permit for the night - helped that I had my lad with me I think. Other than that, as already has been mentioned, there are quite a few car parks. I would suggest getting their fairly early though!!!
I fucking hate Mancs.......Arrogant c*nts

phil_j_420

« Reply #103 on: January 6, 2012, 09:06:27 am »
Walk down Anfield Rd to the first set of traffic lights and turn right.

The bus stop for the Soccerbus  is the 2nd one you come to.......about 30 metres from the corner.

The queue moves rapidly as there is a line of buses ready to leave and it is much quicker than walking, even with the queue.

Cheers for that mate.

Offline Kopite1971

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: January 6, 2012, 09:54:29 am »
I saw this link in The Echo which says it's for both sets of fans, looks like this new service isn't available for tonights match though, but should be for our next home game.

It also has a telephone number for traveline which is 0871 2002233 if you need extra information.

http://www.merseytravel.gov.uk/newsarticle.asp?articleid=1910&catid=1

05 January 2012

Merseytravel’s new Park & Ride facility at Gillmoss is now open for football fans visiting Goodison Park or Anfield and to celebrate Merseytravel are offering HALF PRICE PARKING - just £3 per car (up to six people) - for fans attending the Everton v Tamworth match on Saturday 7th January.

The secure car park with 630 spaces is just 10 minutes bus ride away from Goodison Park and buses run regularly from the park & ride site to the ground and back.

Jump on a 19, 19A or 919 bus towards Liverpool City Centre from across the road and show the driver your park & ride ticket, on the return journey the bus will be travelling towards Gillmoss and Kirkby.

Show your match ticket when buying your Park & Ride ticket to receive this special offer. For further details visit www.merseytravel.gov.uk or call Traveline 0871 200 22 33

How to find Gillmoss Park & Ride
Gillmoss Park & Ride, East Lancashire Road, L11 0BB
From the M57 leave at junction 4 for the A580 towards Liverpool City Centre
From the M58 head to Switch Island, join the M57 at junction 7, leave the M57 at junction 4 for A580 towards Liverpool City Centre
From the M6 leave at junction 23 for the A580 west bound towards Liverpool City Centre

Proud to be "An Internet Terrorist"

SOS# 1159

Offline webby1982

• Main Stander
« Reply #105 on: January 21, 2012, 09:42:27 pm »
Semi Final Wednesday - the asda on utting avenue? Any chance or is that patrolled now?

Offline Redeye

• Kopite
« Reply #106 on: January 22, 2012, 12:57:20 am »
Semi Final Wednesday - the asda on utting avenue? Any chance or is that patrolled now?

See discussion above.
Yes, it has been patrolled but wasn't for the Stoke game or for the match over the holiday period. I'm still parking, (reluctantly) on Abingdon Road outside but I'm watching developments closely.

Offline banksybanks

• Legacy Fan
  • Oranges and cigarettes
« Reply #107 on: January 27, 2012, 12:22:28 am »
Funny reading all the replies on here. I'm a proper wool, and we've been parking near the cemetery entrance (Cherry Lane, I think - near Ince Ave) for years now. No problems at all; pay before or after, never any damage done (although sometimes get questioned after the game on who we paid, and when; maybe need to get a receipt?!). Only bad thing is the lad who runs it is a miserable bugger! 

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: January 27, 2012, 10:30:32 pm »
Was wondering if any of the locals can help me.. Going to get dropped and picked up for tomorows game so i wanted to know where the best place is to get my lift to pick me up from.. Ideally im not too far from the ground and the cab ride is not too expensive but at the same time i dont want to get stuck in the after match traffic... Hope im making sense. Ta
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #109 on: January 27, 2012, 11:03:33 pm »
Anywhere near to the ground is always busy for about an hour afterwards. Id say walk down either towards Everton Valley (if your heading towards town), or towards the sports centre on Lower Breck Road. Either way you`ll have traffic like.

Never had too much of a delay leaving from Lower Breck myself either, and the best way to go after that is probably towards Edge Lane as if you keep going to West Derby Road you'll hit the Queens Drive traffic.

Offline ACLE

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #110 on: January 27, 2012, 11:17:31 pm »
Just a couple of questions:

How many bags of chips do you have on a match day?

Do you have fish with them, given your user name?

Are you on commission with the Fung Lok?

:lmao :lmao
It's not where you've been, it's where we're going.

JUSTICE DELAYED IS JUSTICE DENIED but Justice is getting closer every day.

Offline Samio

• Displeased Hermaphrodite
  • Legacy Fan
Parking around Anfield
« Reply #111 on: August 2, 2013, 07:38:41 pm »
Alright chaps,

Just wondering if anyone could give me a few street names around/near Anfield that are free parking these days? Usually get the train in but taking the car tomorrow.

Cheers,

Sam

Offline kriss

• Legacy Fan
Re: Parking around Anfield
« Reply #112 on: August 2, 2013, 11:50:46 pm »
Alright chaps,

Just wondering if anyone could give me a few street names around/near Anfield that are free parking these days? Usually get the train in but taking the car tomorrow.

Cheers,

Sam

Sam, You won't find anywhere free close to the stadium. I'll be parking in one of the car-parks in Whitefield Road off Belmont Road (L6 5BJ), a place I have used since the residents' zone was extended in the summer of 2008. https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=belmont+road+liverpol&bav=on.2,or.r_qf.&bvm=bv.50165853,d.d2k,pv.xjs.s.en_US.seW1cfrvSKg.O&biw=1247&bih=757&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&sa=N&tab=wl

Offline Birdontheshirt

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #113 on: August 3, 2013, 02:00:11 pm »
Can anyone confirm whether or not the residents parking zone has changed over the summer?

Someone posted in another thread on this forum a couple of months ago that that it was planned to be extended over the summer.  But when I've looked on the liverpool.gov.uk site I can't see anything having changed. 
Luck favours the brave, but not the stupid.

Offline Samio

• Displeased Hermaphrodite
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #114 on: August 3, 2013, 06:17:39 pm »
Cheers for the info kriss. Ended up parking on St Domingo road for free and just walked through a couple of estates towards the ground. Would recommend.

Offline kriss

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: August 3, 2013, 06:40:50 pm »
Cheers for the info kriss. Ended up parking on St Domingo road for free and just walked through a couple of estates towards the ground. Would recommend.

I'm glad it worked out for you. The volume of traffic coming into Liverpool on the M62 was about the worst I can ever remember on a home matchday. I didn't get parked until 12.20, missed the teams coming out but saw the kick-off. The plus point was getting home at 6 p.m. after a journey of a hundred and fifty miles.

Offline horne

• y
  • Legacy Fan
  • through a storm
« Reply #116 on: April 10, 2014, 11:13:42 pm »
Theres a  new parking spot opposite the sandon pub on oakfield road

google maps

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@53.428729,-2.959358,3a,75y,297.29h,82.03t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sZ4ZSMHarXnQal3NmDgCVVQ!2e0

184 Oakfield Rd
Liverpool L4 0UH

think thats as close as it gets .
easy for getting out after the match too

« Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 11:19:11 pm by horne »
success = the absence of the fear of failure

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #117 on: April 10, 2014, 11:19:12 pm »
Everton FC is a great place. £10, a walk across Stanley Park. Do the side roads and you can get ahead of the queue for the M6 on the way out.
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline horne

• y
  • Legacy Fan
  • through a storm
« Reply #118 on: April 10, 2014, 11:24:03 pm »
i found it really quick to get to after the game and off to a flyer ahead of traffic....but probably much of a muchness
dont like going over that side ...doesnt feel right :-)
« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 01:00:14 am by horne »
success = the absence of the fear of failure

Offline ripsaw19

• Kopite
« Reply #119 on: April 11, 2014, 09:24:37 am »
Everton FC is a great place. £10, a walk across Stanley Park. Do the side roads and you can get ahead of the queue for the M6 on the way out.

I normally park there as well. Straight out onto the E Lancs Rd and join up with the M62 from there. Normally on the M62 after about 20 mins of getting back to my car whereas when I used to park Anfield side of Stanley Park, it could be anything up to 90mins before I got back to the Motorway
ST Waiting List Position - 1556