Author Topic: Match Day Parking - Around Anfield?  (Read 176865 times)

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Match Day Parking - Around Anfield?
« Reply #400 on: September 17, 2021, 11:41:58 am »
That car park has a thing to note your reg on entry, I don't know how it works or if there's someone checking though.

They won’t need someone to check if it’s done electronically like that

You’ll just get an automated fine in the post if you’re parked there for longer than the allotted time

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #401 on: September 17, 2021, 11:53:39 am »
They won’t need someone to check if it’s done electronically like that

You’ll just get an automated fine in the post if you’re parked there for longer than the allotted time

Yeah in the Sainsbury's that have cameras you usually have to get a ticket stamped when you go through the till so you get free parking if you've shopped there. They have a time limit on parking too.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #402 on: October 27, 2021, 11:17:02 am »
Anyone parked at Sainsbury's Great Hormer Street? JustPark has them for £2.10 for the day. About 30 minutes walk to the ground.

Chelsea was the first time i've driven myself to Liverpool and my parking skills have a lot to be desired... ideally need somewhere spacious without 30 others watching me scrape the side of my car on a fence at a school....  ;D
YNWA.

Offline liversaint

• Beach boy giver of yuletide joy to ha-run-run-reindeer
  • Legacy Fan
  • Settle down Beavis
« Reply #403 on: October 28, 2021, 08:39:00 pm »
Anyone parked at Sainsbury's Great Hormer Street? JustPark has them for £2.10 for the day. About 30 minutes walk to the ground.

Chelsea was the first time i've driven myself to Liverpool and my parking skills have a lot to be desired... ideally need somewhere spacious without 30 others watching me scrape the side of my car on a fence at a school....  ;D

Usually plenty of spaces if you’re there handy enough. Not used it my self though, plenty of options round there. It’s about 15 mins at reasonable pace btw.
You say Honey? I say Fuck off.

You dont win friends with Salad

There is another option. Mr Ferguson organises the fixtures in his office and sends it to us and everyone will know and cannot complain. That is simple.

Offline SouthDerryLaggo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Enjoy these times
« Reply #404 on: October 29, 2021, 12:17:15 am »
I usually park at the liner hotel in town for a fiver and get the taxi bus up and down to the ground
YNWA

Offline Djimigotamedal

• Main Stander
« Reply #405 on: November 1, 2021, 07:28:15 am »

Parked here a few times with no issues through yourparkingspace. To be honest thought it might be someone selling the spaces without permission the first time I parked there as it was so cheap, but never had a fine so all good!

Offline RainbowFlick

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #406 on: November 1, 2021, 03:49:36 pm »
Parked here a few times with no issues through yourparkingspace. To be honest thought it might be someone selling the spaces without permission the first time I parked there as it was so cheap, but never had a fine so all good!

haha, It ended up being sold out so I parked in the ASDA instead which was like £5. although there was no signage so i wonder how official it is  :o
YNWA.

Offline PaulKS

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #407 on: November 1, 2021, 04:00:10 pm »
haha, It ended up being sold out so I parked in the ASDA instead which was like £5. although there was no signage so i wonder how official it is  :o

I've parked at Asda for free for about 15 years... never had a ticket once. You're being fleeced

If you don't want to chance it, then there's loads of roads around it that don't require permits as well.. same distance from the ground as Asda

Offline gray19lfc

• Would like a McFly hairstyle
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm, there's a golden sky ★★★★★★
« Reply #408 on: November 2, 2021, 12:12:02 pm »

Trying this tomorrow. They’ve emailed these instructions:

Please ensure to park away from the store entrance to allow space for Sainsbury's customers to park.

Please enter the car park and park in any available bay. This is an Automatic Number Plate Recognition (ANPR) controlled car park, to ensure that you don't receive a PCN please ensure the vehicle registration entered at the point of booking is the same vehicle you park on the day. Please ensure you park within your designated booking times.

Offline mabbympb

• Branded he was a man who ran!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red and White Kop
    • Instagram
« Reply #409 on: November 2, 2021, 08:51:08 pm »
I always used to park on Edinburgh park club, but it was a building site for the Milan game. Aside from the Asda shouts above, anywhere else recommended for parking that is no more than a fiver?

Offline RainbowFlick

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #410 on: November 3, 2021, 10:32:41 am »
I've parked at Asda for free for about 15 years... never had a ticket once. You're being fleeced

If you don't want to chance it, then there's loads of roads around it that don't require permits as well.. same distance from the ground as Asda

the Breck Road one? was so many empty spaces i'm surprised others haven't cottoned on either

that said, £5 isn't that bad compared to parking at Goodison etc which is £10, some places even £15.
YNWA.

Offline PaulKS

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #411 on: November 3, 2021, 11:04:55 am »
the Breck Road one? was so many empty spaces i'm surprised others haven't cottoned on either

that said, £5 isn't that bad compared to parking at Goodison etc which is £10, some places even £15.

Sorry mate no I'm on about the Queens Drive/Utting Avenue one which is a bit further away

Not sure what the crack is with the Break Road one to be fair

Offline VVM

• Kopite
  • OVER AN HOUR LEFT ESTIMATED TIME
« Reply #412 on: November 3, 2021, 02:44:11 pm »
My dad used to park at Goodison for years and it was a nightmare. When I started driving was probably around the time they started charging £15-£20 which is a piss take so never bothered. Easy enough to park on the streets near the breck road Asda and walk, basically no traffic getting away if you're taking the tunnel back either.

Offline RainbowFlick

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #413 on: November 4, 2021, 06:25:52 pm »
Sorry mate no I'm on about the Queens Drive/Utting Avenue one which is a bit further away

Not sure what the crack is with the Break Road one to be fair

It’s three hours free parking for customers. And to be fair, before and after the game I do go instore for a piss and maybe buy a snack on the way back.  ;D
YNWA.

Offline RainbowFlick

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #414 on: November 4, 2021, 06:26:40 pm »
My dad used to park at Goodison for years and it was a nightmare. When I started driving was probably around the time they started charging £15-£20 which is a piss take so never bothered. Easy enough to park on the streets near the breck road Asda and walk, basically no traffic getting away if you're taking the tunnel back either.

They seem to randomly charge at times, sometimes it’s £10, sometimes it’s £15.

I don’t really understand some of the parking around Breck Road. So many cars just parked up on the pavement even though only some parts seem to allow partially over the pavement.
YNWA.

Offline mikey9281

• Kemlynite
« Reply #415 on: December 21, 2021, 01:51:27 pm »
Usually park at Gwladys Street school.

Any other places that are good for getting away sharpish? Got a long drive back down south afterwards.

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #416 on: December 21, 2021, 06:54:00 pm »
Anyone know if North Liverpool Academy will be open on Boxing Day?
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline iamnant

• ...call me Adam
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bob Mortimer stan account
« Reply #417 on: April 25, 2022, 10:18:14 pm »
Trying this tomorrow. They’ve emailed these instructions:

Please ensure to park away from the store entrance to allow space for Sainsbury's customers to park.

Please enter the car park and park in any available bay. This is an Automatic Number Plate Recognition (ANPR) controlled car park, to ensure that you don't receive a PCN please ensure the vehicle registration entered at the point of booking is the same vehicle you park on the day. Please ensure you park within your designated booking times.
I'll be running later than usual to Anfield so probably won't arrive until 6:30 in Liverpool and will most likely lost my usual spot, so gone for this in the hope that the booking guarantees a space. Did it work ok for you? Any fines for staying longer than the supposed 3 hour maximum slot?
"If anyone at my funeral has a long face, I'll never speak to them again."
Stan Laurel

Offline sambhi92

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Round the Fields of Anfield Road
« Reply #418 on: April 26, 2022, 09:24:56 am »
Anyone recommend best place to park for the spurs game next week? Have to drive as no trains.

I would have thought with the timing of the game i could just park on a yellow line pretty much anywhere?
Round the Fields of Anfield Road

Offline gray19lfc

• Would like a McFly hairstyle
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm, there's a golden sky ★★★★★★
« Reply #419 on: April 26, 2022, 08:19:22 pm »
I'll be running later than usual to Anfield so probably won't arrive until 6:30 in Liverpool and will most likely lost my usual spot, so gone for this in the hope that the booking guarantees a space. Did it work ok for you? Any fines for staying longer than the supposed 3 hour maximum slot?

It’s spot on. Never had a problem and parked there are a few times now. I always set the end time to 11.59pm and it’s still £2

Offline SouthDerryLaggo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Enjoy these times
« Reply #420 on: April 26, 2022, 08:25:48 pm »
Not really match day parking but has anyone any decent suggestions where I could park tomorrow, I’m in the campervan (vivaro) and and going to probably sleep in it tomorrow night. Any quiet car parks where I’d be safe enough to park overnight?
YNWA

Offline iamnant

• ...call me Adam
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bob Mortimer stan account
« Reply #421 on: April 27, 2022, 12:02:55 am »
It’s spot on. Never had a problem and parked there are a few times now. I always set the end time to 11.59pm and it’s still £2
Nice one mate thank you! My old parking spot may have to be swapped for this one now then.
"If anyone at my funeral has a long face, I'll never speak to them again."
Stan Laurel

Offline HystrixCristata

• Main Stander
« Reply #422 on: August 16, 2022, 10:34:23 am »
What places do season long passes for parking? Or does everyone just do it game by game?

Offline Biscuitman

• Anny Roader
« Reply #423 on: August 16, 2022, 11:35:34 am »
What places do season long passes for parking? Or does everyone just do it game by game?

I know it’s the other lot but Everton in the Community on Salop Street are doing season long parking, just a short walk across Stanley Park.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2022, 12:30:54 pm by Biscuitman »

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #424 on: August 16, 2022, 12:04:48 pm »
Last night's traffic was the worst I've ever seen it, gridlocked all the way to the M62 (and then it went to 1 lane for the M6 junction...)
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline gregor

• Partial to a Swiss Roll
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #425 on: August 16, 2022, 02:29:11 pm »
Last night's traffic was the worst I've ever seen it, gridlocked all the way to the M62 (and then it went to 1 lane for the M6 junction...)

Where we park was busier than I've ever seen it getting out as well. I put it down to the buses being off.

Offline kellan

• Inventor of the most evil 'Stepping On Lego' curse. Cross her at your peril! Icelandic Pleasuredrone and a truly, unruly yet outrageous gem.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #426 on: September 25, 2022, 03:29:36 pm »
Been a while since I used the Stanley Park option but someone I'm going with to the women's match already prepaid. Any tips? The last time I parked here it took forever to get away. Is it still a park anywhere once inside system or do they now line you up?

Offline Dazzer23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #427 on: October 5, 2022, 02:25:13 pm »
Have always parked at Woodison Park or Gladys Street School.

Last night at both was told 'Passes only now'. But then somebody told me that they had been allocated to Rangers Fans, so was the 'passes' for last night only or is that an ongoing thing now?

Anyone that has any info, it would be appreciated.

Offline 1964allezallezallez

• Main Stander
« Reply #428 on: October 18, 2022, 10:33:25 pm »
Any suggestions where to park that’s easy for going back to the Birkenhead tunnel?  The usual place I prebook is full

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #429 on: October 19, 2022, 12:51:42 am »
Any suggestions where to park that’s easy for going back to the Birkenhead tunnel?  The usual place I prebook is full
I’d imagine North Liverpool Academy wouldn’t be a bad bet for the tunnel. £10 this season though.

Although it’s worth getting there early to get a spot nearer the entrance. We were delayed and didn’t get there till late and it took us an hour to get out last time but usually it’s ok.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2022, 12:54:52 am by duvva »

Offline mikey9281

• Kemlynite
« Reply #430 on: October 19, 2022, 10:08:42 am »
Usually park at Gwlayds Street School. Would I have a quicker getaway from Asda on Breck Road?

• Main Stander
« Reply #431 on: October 19, 2022, 10:28:11 am »
I’d imagine North Liverpool Academy wouldn’t be a bad bet for the tunnel. £10 this season though.

Although it’s worth getting there early to get a spot nearer the entrance. We were delayed and didn’t get there till late and it took us an hour to get out last time but usually it’s ok.

Thanks. I’ve used it before and it’s a pain to get out off

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #432 on: October 19, 2022, 11:09:46 am »
Thanks. I’ve used it before and it’s a pain to get out off
I have parked on the left hand side of the road up to the Academy once when I got there earlier enough, which has the bonus of being free but less secure obvs

Offline D🐶G

• Sworn enemy of C🙀T
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #433 on: October 20, 2022, 12:06:08 am »
Have always parked at Woodison Park or Gladys Street School.

Last night at both was told 'Passes only now'. But then somebody told me that they had been allocated to Rangers Fans, so was the 'passes' for last night only or is that an ongoing thing now?

Anyone that has any info, it would be appreciated.
We’ve got a pass for Goodison and both they and Gwladys Street school both definitely take cash too. They’re now £12 per game, but I do know cash spaces are limited for both and Goodison especially, do turn quite a lot of non pass holders away depending on time and how full they are.
Twitter - @ElmDag - 19 League Titles • 8 FA Cups • 9 Football League Cups • 16 FA Charity Shields • 6 UEFA European Cups • 3 UEFA Cups • 4 UEFA European Super Cups • 1 FIFA Club World Cup

Offline Kls89

• Main Stander
« Reply #434 on: October 20, 2022, 12:40:13 am »
For the tunnel, if you don’t mind a 15 min walk from the ground, park at Sainsburys. You can pay £3 for parking on JustPark and it’s only a 2 min drive to the tunnel and there’s never usually any traffic it’s sound.

• Main Stander
« Reply #435 on: October 20, 2022, 09:13:32 pm »
For the tunnel, if you don’t mind a 15 min walk from the ground, park at Sainsburys. You can pay £3 for parking on JustPark and it’s only a 2 min drive to the tunnel and there’s never usually any traffic it’s sound.

Thanks. My normal place texted to advise they had a cancellation. Only took me 45 minutes from leaving the ground to get home to West Kirby  :). Will bear your suggestion for the future

Offline Biscuitman

• Anny Roader
« Reply #436 on: December 15, 2022, 08:01:06 pm »
I know it’s not a matchday query but I can’t seem to post a new topic.

Anyway guys anyone know if Stanley Park is still open for parking on non-matchday for a museum visit?

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #437 on: December 16, 2022, 02:40:05 pm »

Anyway guys anyone know if Stanley Park is still open for parking on non-matchday for a museum visit?
It was earlier this year when we did that. Think it was end of April time, so not sure if anything’s changed since.

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #438 on: December 16, 2022, 05:27:36 pm »
As a local resident they've not said there will be changes AFAIK
We are a team of one half.

Offline stonecold_jpm

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #439 on: December 18, 2022, 03:17:25 pm »

Yes, parked there the other day when I went collecting City tickets