Author Topic: Match Day Parking - Around Anfield?  (Read 176875 times)

Offline Glass Kites

• Anny Roader
  • 5x
    • Blog
Re: Match Day Parking - Around Anfield?
« Reply #160 on: August 17, 2015, 02:01:04 pm »
So am I the only one who thinks that paying kids to "mind yer car" is helping them on a road of intimidation and extortion ?

I don't mind giving them a few bob as long as they are kids. I've seen a few lads in their mid-twenties "minding cars".

Offline Robbo1980

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #161 on: August 17, 2015, 02:18:32 pm »
I used to mind cars as a kid, don't think I've intimidated anybody (without reason)

I live off priory, careful parking down here, lot of little c*nts in the area lately so make sure cars locked with any valuables out the car....

Offline MOZ

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #162 on: August 17, 2015, 02:54:35 pm »
Hi all

I've just moved over to England and will be arriving from Manchester for the game, don't mind walking 2-3 miles as we usually walk from somewhere in town when we go. Any recommendations for parking? If it's free great but mainly looking for somewhere safe/quiet

Any advice would be great!

Park at Paradise Island bingo on Carisbrooke road near Goodison then walk across Stanley Park (used to be about £5). You can get out of town quickly from there too if you go the right way!

Offline redhot-robbie

• Kopite
  • and could he play!
« Reply #163 on: October 22, 2015, 10:53:22 am »
Does anyone know who runs the parking in Anfield Junior School? We use All Saints at the moment as the old man has bad knees but that is closing now and the others are a bit of a trek.

Any help much appreciated
"What you achieve in life, echoes in eternity"

Offline greeny01

• Anny Roader
  • Number One is Carragher....
Re: Parking around Anfield
« Reply #164 on: November 26, 2015, 12:21:04 pm »
Is it still ok to park in the Asda car park does anyone know, looking for parking so we can get back to the M62 easily enough ?...Thanks in advance

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarįs Solo.
« Reply #165 on: November 26, 2015, 02:01:44 pm »
Is it still ok to park in the Asda car park does anyone know, looking for parking so we can get back to the M62 easily enough ?...Thanks in advance

Yep, it's open 24 hours so loads of people use it.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline greeny01

• Anny Roader
  • Number One is Carragher....
« Reply #166 on: November 26, 2015, 03:03:13 pm »
Yep, it's open 24 hours so loads of people use it.

Thanks for that...no issues with parking over 2 hours I take it ?

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #167 on: November 26, 2015, 03:27:29 pm »
Thanks for that...no issues with parking over 2 hours I take it ?

Not that I've ever known, you always see people in their LFC scarves and shirts leaving their cars there, even on a Sunday when obviously they close at 4pm and the match is still on. You can always go in and buy a drink to get a receipt to prove you've used the shop I guess but I've never known any issues.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline ripsaw19

• Kopite
« Reply #168 on: January 20, 2016, 07:59:14 am »
Park at Paradise Island bingo on Carisbrooke road near Goodison then walk across Stanley Park (used to be about £5). You can get out of town quickly from there too if you go the right way!

I used this for the Bordeaux game and have used them every match since. It's anywhere between £5-£7.50 and really easy to get out of after the match. You have to book your space online but it's well worth it
ST Waiting List Position - 1556

Offline Priest078

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: January 20, 2016, 09:40:49 am »
Lots of free parking off County Road .

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #170 on: January 20, 2016, 09:44:59 am »
My mate normally finds one down the road from the Arkles, normally around the spot you would take the turning to go to Goodison.

Failing that there are a couple of places where mates of mine who are from Liverpool have parked where you are supposed to be a resident, but you never have any problems.

When I've taken my Mum or my Auntie, I usually use the school one as well, as they are happy to pay the tenner because they get worried about parking etc.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Online ollyfrom.tv

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #171 on: January 20, 2016, 02:17:23 pm »
Is there anywhere around the ground that allows Blue Badge parking? Tried the phone number on the official site for Disabled Supporters but it's not working. Cheers

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #172 on: January 21, 2016, 11:58:21 am »
Is there anywhere around the ground that allows Blue Badge parking? Tried the phone number on the official site for Disabled Supporters but it's not working. Cheers

I think the main car park that STs use in Stanley Park does.

Online ollyfrom.tv

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #173 on: January 21, 2016, 12:52:09 pm »
I think the main car park that STs use in Stanley Park does.

Cheers mate

Offline JLFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #174 on: January 25, 2016, 08:11:43 pm »
Hi,

Just wondering where everyone's parking tomorrow (is the Asda at Walton alright?)? Usually go by train so having a quick run in the car is going to be first.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #175 on: January 25, 2016, 08:51:05 pm »
Hi,

Just wondering where everyone's parking tomorrow (is the Asda at Walton alright?)? Usually go by train so having a quick run in the car is going to be first.

Yeah, the Asda's fine. It's 24-hour and always busy with matchgoers' cars.

Offline JLFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #176 on: January 25, 2016, 08:55:23 pm »
Yeah, the Asda's fine. It's 24-hour and always busy with matchgoers' cars.

Thanks mate!

Offline elliotsmith101

• Main Stander
« Reply #177 on: April 13, 2016, 01:26:25 pm »
I used this for the Bordeaux game and have used them every match since. It's anywhere between £5-£7.50 and really easy to get out of after the match. You have to book your space online but it's well worth it

How do you book your space online?

Offline Shaun101

• Didn't take up his ticket for the Screen Sports Super Cup
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Where did I leave it?
Parking
« Reply #178 on: September 13, 2016, 04:05:59 pm »
Used to park at the official St domingos car park for a fiver last year but you had to book in advance not available when I try to locate on the official it is not available, then turned up Saturday and it was full , anyone know what has happened  on the off chance?

Offline PaulKS

• Legacy Fan
Re: Parking
« Reply #179 on: September 13, 2016, 04:36:58 pm »
ASDA is fine for mid week games not sure about weekends though

Offline pmcgrath

• Main Stander
« Reply #180 on: September 14, 2016, 11:16:06 am »
I park on St Domingo Road itself, just a wee bit further up the hill on the left hand side pointing back down the hill. Never had any bother and it's free !!!  :D

Offline HolyTrinity

• Boys Pen
« Reply #181 on: September 14, 2016, 08:11:08 pm »
St Domingos car park is housing disabled spaces now, according to the club. As mentioned above though parking on that road has always been fine for me

Offline mrmclark

• Exchange Ban
  • Kemlynite
« Reply #182 on: September 15, 2016, 08:38:09 am »
i parked asda for Leicester game and no problems 

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #183 on: September 16, 2016, 09:22:42 am »
i parked asda for Leicester game and no problems

At THE Asda.  ;)

Offline mrmclark

• Exchange Ban
  • Kemlynite
« Reply #184 on: September 16, 2016, 11:51:18 pm »
lol to many beers

Offline willfc

• Kopite
    • Anfield 96 blog
« Reply #185 on: September 16, 2016, 11:59:05 pm »
Belmont road, the road near the big park, road opposite leads to Anfield, easy to get out as well onto m62
"I told my players during the break: Since we're here anyway, we might actually play a bit of football." - Jurgen Klopp

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #186 on: September 17, 2016, 09:16:02 am »
Belmont road, the road near the big park, road opposite leads to Anfield, easy to get out as well onto m62

Which car park exactly - where's it near to?

Also after Belmont do you go down Sheil Road to either Edge Lane Or Prescot?
Or down West Derby / Queens Drive or West Derby and through Old Swan?

Offline willfc

• Kopite
    • Anfield 96 blog
« Reply #187 on: September 17, 2016, 12:50:09 pm »
Which car park exactly - where's it near to?

Also after Belmont do you go down Sheil Road to either Edge Lane Or Prescot?
Or down West Derby / Queens Drive or West Derby and through Old Swan?

Yeah Belmont Drive I meant, it's not a car park, it's called Newsham Park I believe then we go out of the little estate and then down Sheil Road to Prescot
"I told my players during the break: Since we're here anyway, we might actually play a bit of football." - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Jamie_G

• Believer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Internet Terrorist
« Reply #188 on: September 19, 2016, 10:05:31 am »
Does anybody know what is going on with parking at Everton? I tried there for the Leicester game but it was permit holders only.
Bill Shankly to Ian St John - 'If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just pop it in the net and we'll discuss your options afterwards.'

Morpheus: Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world?

Online anfieldash

• Kopite
« Reply #189 on: September 19, 2016, 02:52:40 pm »
No idea about Everton, but don't bother with it, we use this place instead which is cheaper and a bit closer. £6 or you can park outside on the road if you fancy. Quick getaway as well.

St John's Catholic Primary School, Sessions Road, L4 1SR  (opposite Saddle Inn)

Opens 3 hours before kick off and then for 1 hour after finish.

Offline Biscuitman

• Anny Roader
« Reply #190 on: September 19, 2016, 05:51:33 pm »
Does anybody know what is going on with parking at Everton? I tried there for the Leicester game but it was permit holders only.
Seemingly they were doing some building work and had restricted space for parking.They were sending people down the road to the school which they generally use as well.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #191 on: November 26, 2016, 09:23:37 pm »
Joke today. Usually park in the little car park as you walk up to Anfield on the Arkles side. Used to be 12 quid but not the bigger car park opposite is only permit only they know people panic more to get a space and are asking for 25 quid. As it was freezing and the traffic was bad we just paid the 25 quid but parking has become almost impossible near the ground now.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: November 26, 2016, 09:30:56 pm »
Joke today. Usually park in the little car park as you walk up to Anfield on the Arkles side. Used to be 12 quid but not the bigger car park opposite is only permit only they know people panic more to get a space and are asking for 25 quid. As it was freezing and the traffic was bad we just paid the 25 quid but parking has become almost impossible near the ground now.

£25!!! 😮

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #193 on: November 26, 2016, 09:32:17 pm »
£25!!! 😮

He said 'we have spaces but the boss wants 25 quid today.'... Was going to drive off but don't know anywhere now where you can park without walking a fair bit and didn't fancy it in the cold. Next time might just get the bus.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline Biscuitman

• Anny Roader
« Reply #194 on: November 26, 2016, 09:33:22 pm »

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #195 on: November 26, 2016, 09:36:37 pm »
He said 'we have spaces but the boss wants 25 quid today.'... Was going to drive off but don't know anywhere now where you can park without walking a fair bit and didn't fancy it in the cold. Next time might just get the bus.

I think unless I was in danger of missing kick off I'd have told him to fuck off!

Offline Biscuitman

• Anny Roader
« Reply #196 on: November 26, 2016, 10:51:13 pm »
I think unless I was in danger of missing kick off I'd have told him to fuck off!
I'd have wanted my car valeted and warmed up for me for that much with a picnic laid on!!

Offline only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #197 on: November 27, 2016, 12:27:52 am »
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah fkn ha
bitter,not me.a granddad,but I'm not even 40

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #198 on: November 27, 2016, 10:03:33 am »
This season has become a nightmare to the point of selfishly I half hope we don't expand (although I do hope we do) because I can't be arsed spending hours upon hours of a day just for 90 minutes.

Parking is becoming increasingly difficult, with increasingly nice cars as well now if anyone else has noticed that.
Trains rammed in all directions.
That 917 bus queue I wonder what time the poor sods at the end of the queue end up in town after the game - walking must be at least twice as fast than that queue? It's a nice idea but it's currently just not working well enough.

£25 is nuts. I don't even take £25 cash with me to the game. It's £25 because it's possible with supply & demand. I hope others don't get the same idea of floating prices.

Offline Luke 17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #199 on: November 27, 2016, 10:42:34 am »
You could probably get a parking fine for less.