Author Topic: Match Day Parking - Around Anfield?  (Read 176860 times)

Offline kemlyn1629

• Main Stander
Re: Parking around Anfield
« Reply #120 on: April 11, 2014, 09:37:12 am »
The car park that the club sell online is £5

http://tickets.liverpoolfc.com/PagesPublic/ProductBrowse/productTravel.aspx?ProductSubType=CPRK

I usually get a lift or public transport so don't know what it's like but it's pretty close the ground.

Offline horne

• y
  • Legacy Fan
  • through a storm
« Reply #121 on: April 11, 2014, 10:37:44 pm »
I normally park there as well. Straight out onto the E Lancs Rd and join up with the M62 from there. Normally on the M62 after about 20 mins of getting back to my car whereas when I used to park Anfield side of Stanley Park, it could be anything up to 90mins before I got back to the Motorway

the beauty of the Oakfield rd opposite the sandon pub site is its on the best side of the after match police road blocks which means you can be in your car and away (3 minute walk from the kop) whilst youre twenty minute walk across stanley park delays you enough for other traffic to be ahead of you?
3 mins from ground...4 mins to queens drive ....17/20 mins to m62....so by the time youre getting to youre car .....i should be hitting fifth gear having  listened to radio city post match chat for the past 20 mins.....
kempton avenue /oakfield road for me
success = the absence of the fear of failure

Offline KennyDaggers

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #122 on: April 11, 2014, 10:44:32 pm »

Everton FC is a great place. £10, a walk across Stanley Park. Do the side roads and you can get ahead of the queue for the M6 on the way out.

Sort of this but park in Bardsay Rd right next to there ground. It says there's parking restrictions but it seems like that's only there for Everton's games as I've parked there for 4 or 5 years now and never had a ticket.

Brilliant for getting away as well after a quick walk through the park.

Offline lfcrule6times

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: April 11, 2014, 11:50:51 pm »
Quick question -

What time do the car parks around anfield usually open up? Coming up for the newcastle game next month. Been late for 2 out of my last 3 games this season due to traffic so want to come up as early as possible.

Ta.
★     ★     ★     ★     ★     ★

Offline kriss

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #124 on: April 12, 2014, 12:05:08 am »
Quick question -

What time do the car parks around anfield usually open up? Coming up for the newcastle game next month. Been late for 2 out of my last 3 games this season due to traffic so want to come up as early as possible.

Ta.

The car-park I use in Whitefield Road off Belmont Road (Liverpool 6) will certainly be open at mid-day on Sunday the 11th of May and possibly earlier than that. And in the past ... because the entrance-gate is usually open ... I have been able to get in there before it has officially been opened up for the day.

Offline HaskoLFC

• Kemlynite
« Reply #125 on: September 16, 2014, 08:41:59 am »
the beauty of the Oakfield rd opposite the sandon pub site is its on the best side of the after match police road blocks which means you can be in your car and away (3 minute walk from the kop) whilst youre twenty minute walk across stanley park delays you enough for other traffic to be ahead of you?
3 mins from ground...4 mins to queens drive ....17/20 mins to m62....so by the time youre getting to youre car .....i should be hitting fifth gear having  listened to radio city post match chat for the past 20 mins.....
kempton avenue /oakfield road for me
Do you know whether Kemp avenue is still free to park on?

With regards to safety, how safe is it?

Offline PaulKS

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #126 on: September 18, 2014, 12:40:36 pm »
I've always done ASDA for years never had a ticket.

Through Huyton/Dovey on the way home straight onto M62 within around 5-10 mins.

Offline lukechaf08

• Anny Roader
« Reply #127 on: September 28, 2014, 09:39:27 pm »
Coming across for the game on Saturday and never had this problem as dad always used to drop me and mum off outside the ground and pick us up at full time, but sister is coming this time and off in her car so we will need somewhere to park up. anyone know when the st domingos on the club website is taken down/ sells out so we can get a pass for there, or is there anywhere else that is more convenient?

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: September 28, 2014, 10:32:42 pm »
Everton FC. £10, quick walk across Stanley Park, go through the side roads to avoid most of the the traffic on way out to M62.
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline Smithy_88

• Anny Roader
  • I Fucking Love Lucas....
« Reply #129 on: September 29, 2014, 10:37:16 am »
Everton FC. £10, quick walk across Stanley Park, go through the side roads to avoid most of the the traffic on way out to M62.

Your best off parking on the road the campfield is on (Heyworth Street). Its free and takes me 10 minutes to get on the M60 after the game.

Offline AnfieldIron

• Water Like a Stone. Local laundry service ...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #130 on: September 29, 2014, 11:02:48 am »
Your best off parking on the road the campfield is on (Heyworth Street). Its free and takes me 10 minutes to get on the M60 after the game.

When you can't get a spot next week now lad you'll know why!

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #131 on: September 29, 2014, 11:08:51 am »

Fucking hell lad how quickly do you drive?!

Offline Smithy_88

• Anny Roader
« Reply #132 on: September 29, 2014, 11:21:05 am »
When you can't get a spot next week now lad you'll know why!
Haha Ste - We're there to early for the beers. We'll be sound.

Doing a bit of PR for the scally on the bike to get him a few more £1's

Fucking hell lad how quickly do you drive?!

Ha - no its literally 5 minutes into town and then 10-15 minutes on Edge Lane. May have over played the edge lane traffic haha!
« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 11:22:58 am by Smithy_88 »

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #133 on: September 29, 2014, 11:23:04 am »

Ha - no its literally 5 minutes into town and then 10-15 minutes on Edge Lane

Not for the M60 it isn't ;)

Offline Smithy_88

• Anny Roader
« Reply #134 on: September 29, 2014, 11:24:31 am »
Not for the M60 it isn't ;)
Haha think I missed off a 2*

Touche - M602***

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: September 29, 2014, 11:02:57 pm »
There are still (or at least were last season) a few free parking spaces on what's left of Rockfield Road and some of the other surrounding streets.    Enter from Walton Breck Road down Blessington Road to avoid the road blocks on Anfield Road.   Usually spaces available up to 45 mins before kick off and a nice two minute walk to the ground.   Need to be out sharpish though or your are well and truly stuck.
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline KennyDaggers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: September 29, 2014, 11:06:00 pm »
I've been wanting an answer to a parking question for a couple of weeks now but didn't know where to put it. This topic was just what I needed.

My Mum a Kemlyn Rd / Centenary Stand season ticket holder of 45+ years has now got a blue parking badge as she's struggling walking far. Does anyone know where this could be used around the Arkles Ln area at the ground.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #137 on: October 7, 2014, 04:45:34 pm »
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline geth7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #138 on: October 7, 2014, 05:03:49 pm »
Always parked at Asda, never had a ticket and even if I did I wouldn't pay it. They might send you a threatening letter or two, but  they'll never ever take you to court! Amazes me that people actually pay £8/10 to park, more money than sense!
+18 ticket exchange

Offline sharkeyb

• Would pay to see a Mason's willy, but not more than £35.
  • Legacy Fan
  • He's on the floor
« Reply #139 on: October 8, 2014, 11:24:13 am »

My Mum a Kemlyn Rd / Centenary Stand season ticket holder of 45+ years has now got a blue parking badge as she's struggling walking far. Does anyone know where this could be used around the Arkles Ln area at the ground.

you cant park in a residents bay, or park where there are double yellows and dashes on the kirb, your best best is just to go on a non match day and do a rekky or contact the club about disabled access
Sir, the cash monies?

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #140 on: October 8, 2014, 12:15:52 pm »
I've been wanting an answer to a parking question for a couple of weeks now but didn't know where to put it. This topic was just what I needed.

I've got a friend with a blue badge and pretty sure he's been allowed to park in the STs car park in Stanley Park before. Think he had to get permission off the club so might be worth calling them.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline pmcgrath

• Main Stander
« Reply #141 on: November 20, 2014, 03:25:53 pm »
Has anyone ever used the St Domingo "official" car park ?

Coming down from Glasgow for the Sunderland game. Usually take the train but wanting to drive this time. Looks like a decent spot, but how is it for getting away after? Looking to get onto the Walton Rd (A59) then up to the M58 to the M6

Cheers for any advice...  ;D

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #142 on: November 20, 2014, 04:13:45 pm »

Coming down from Glasgow for the Sunderland game. Usually take the train but wanting to drive this time. Looks like a decent spot, but how is it for getting away after? Looking to get onto the Walton Rd (A59) then up to the M58 to the M6

I've used Goodison recently. £10 to park but you seem to be able to get away quickly up to the M58

Offline anfieldash

• Kopite
« Reply #143 on: November 20, 2014, 08:55:12 pm »
Best parking for most routes is this . . .

St John's Catholic Primary School
Sessions Road
L4 1SR
(opposite Saddle Inn)

It's £5 and a simple six minute walk to ground.
Opens 3 hours before kick off and then 1 hour after finish.
Easy to get away to motorways or city centre and tunnel.
Ask the bloke on the gate for advice on quickest route out.

And they do season tickets if you want.
But don't pinch my spec!!

Offline Smudgester

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: November 23, 2014, 10:20:28 am »

If you talking about the car park I think you are then ... you may as well just park on the road it is on. Saves you £8/10 and is far easier to get out of.

Offline PaulKS

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: November 24, 2014, 04:05:24 pm »
Always parked at Asda, never had a ticket and even if I did I wouldn't pay it. They might send you a threatening letter or two, but  they'll never ever take you to court! Amazes me that people actually pay £8/10 to park, more money than sense!

Exactly this.

Think i've already said it in this thread but i've used ASDA for years.

Offline pmcgrath

• Main Stander
« Reply #146 on: December 2, 2014, 09:49:52 am »
If you talking about the car park I think you are then ... you may as well just park on the road it is on. Saves you £8/10 and is far easier to get out of.

Ah, OK. Is it easy to park on that road then? No yellow lines? Will be arriving about 1ish so hopefully there'll be space

Cheers.

Offline Smudgester

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: December 6, 2014, 10:52:44 am »
Ah, OK. Is it easy to park on that road then? No yellow lines? Will be arriving about 1ish so hopefully there'll be space

Cheers.
Starts getting full that 'late' but you might be OK. No yellow lines at all on the road, if you are facing up the hill, between the two car parks ( just beyond the bus stop ). Most people seem to leave the going down the hill but it can still be loads of people going the other way to get on Edge Lane and onto the M62

Offline pmcgrath

• Main Stander
« Reply #148 on: December 7, 2014, 08:39:15 pm »
Starts getting full that 'late' but you might be OK. No yellow lines at all on the road, if you are facing up the hill, between the two car parks ( just beyond the bus stop ). Most people seem to leave the going down the hill but it can still be loads of people going the other way to get on Edge Lane and onto the M62

Got parked on that road, then walked (followed) a few other people through the houses, then down the road that faces the Kop. Dead easy.

Thanks for the advice everyone.....shame about the game..... :(

Offline Post-Rafalite

• Kemlynite
Re: Match Day Parking - Around Anfield?
« Reply #149 on: August 16, 2015, 03:36:25 pm »
Can anybody help with parking advice v AFCB please?
We should be getting into Liverpool 3pm ish, parking up within walking distance to the ground then heading into town for beers.
Plan is to taxi back to Anfield for match, then walk back to car.
Need to get away fairly easily as heading long way down south unfortunately. Working next day.
Goodison?

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: August 16, 2015, 03:48:06 pm »
Goodison or around Goodison is a good a shout as any, as is Utting Avenue or Cherry Lane.

All three areas have a good straight link to the East Lancs Road (A580) which in turn puts you straight onto the M57 and the motorway network.

Be careful though, as if you park in the side streets, many have resident parking only on match days.

Offline Anfield89

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: August 16, 2015, 03:52:26 pm »
Anfield sports & community centre.

Lower break rd.

Offline Post-Rafalite

• Kemlynite
« Reply #152 on: August 16, 2015, 05:02:22 pm »
Cheers for the advice.
Goodison looks the choice.
Ideal place to empty bowels and bladder after a long journey.

Offline Post-Rafalite

• Kemlynite
« Reply #153 on: August 16, 2015, 10:30:33 pm »
Thanks for the pm mate. Appreciate it.
Problem replying.
Will check it out.

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: August 17, 2015, 10:58:05 am »
For years I've parked on Lower Breck Road. For years I've never worked out how to get back to the M6 towards Cheshire in a quick way!
I've tried loads. Up through Old Swan. Queens drive. I never seem to make much progress.

Anyone go from Lower Breck Road towards M6 for Cheshire and find an easy/quick way out??

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #155 on: August 17, 2015, 11:23:55 am »
For years I've parked on Lower Breck Road. For years I've never worked out how to get back to the M6 towards Cheshire in a quick way!
I've tried loads. Up through Old Swan. Queens drive. I never seem to make much progress.

Anyone go from Lower Breck Road towards M6 for Cheshire and find an easy/quick way out??

Have you tried turning right at lower breck road onto west Derby road , then turn left at lights at Sheil road , then carry straight through to edge lane turn left onto edge lane and straight down to m62

Offline sirjames

• The Manly Eunuch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: August 17, 2015, 11:35:54 am »
Just called the club about my grandad whos got a disabled badge and cant walk as far as he once could - they told me Anfield comprehensive is the best place to park. Anyone know what time this and Stanley park Car park get full?
If we win, its normal because were Liverpool Football Club
Rafa  25/1/05

Offline ArthurDent

• Knows where his towel is!
  • Kopite
« Reply #157 on: August 17, 2015, 12:47:03 pm »
So am I the only one who thinks that paying kids to "mind yer car" is helping them on a road of intimidation and extortion ?
"Stop thinking about money. Only think about football." Jürgen Klopp 9th Oct 2015.

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #158 on: August 17, 2015, 01:31:26 pm »
Have you tried turning right at lower breck road onto west Derby road , then turn left at lights at Sheil road , then carry straight through to edge lane turn left onto edge lane and straight down to m62

Nice one might give it a try thanks for this. Queens try can be OK if there isn't much traffic - it's the most direct route but often too busy.
I usually go Green Lane and up to Old Swan Tesco which can be OK but often busy. Usually my best bet.

Never considered sort of going the 'wrong' way to go quicker. Not as busy going this way then?

Offline onecoolcookie

• Kemlynite
  • And could he play!!!
« Reply #159 on: August 17, 2015, 01:41:48 pm »
Hi all

I've just moved over to England and will be arriving from Manchester for the game, don't mind walking 2-3 miles as we usually walk from somewhere in town when we go. Any recommendations for parking? If it's free great but mainly looking for somewhere safe/quiet

Any advice would be great!
"Together, we will move forward - as individuals we won't get anywhere, so we'll stick together as a unit and will concentrate on our football club and see what benefit that brings us." ~

King Kenny Dalglish