Author Topic: Membership Cards / Fan Cards  (Read 355126 times)

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
Re: Membership Cards / Fan Cards
« Reply #440 on: July 5, 2019, 10:27:16 am »
Probably be charged £10, give the club a ring and maybe 10 days (?)

Yeah I sent them an email like Monday. If I don't get a response by next week, I'll just call them. Thanks :)
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline Istanbul5Star

• Main Stander
« Reply #441 on: August 2, 2019, 08:08:26 am »
Has anyone ever needed to change a name on a membership? Can it be done?

I got a fan card when I was in my teens and started using it again last season to pick up the £9 local tickets for my brother.

He was going to sign up to the light membership this season but because they did away with fan cards and I had purchase history from last season on mine they offered me a free upgrade to a light membership.

Made sense to save him £26 but I now have both memberships in my name just one at my parents address and the other at mine. Considering my brother will be using one i'd prefer it in his name to avoid any run in with the club over the t&cs!

Offline RebeccaLFC

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #442 on: August 2, 2019, 02:12:51 pm »
Has anyone ever needed to change a name on a membership? Can it be done?

I got a fan card when I was in my teens and started using it again last season to pick up the £9 local tickets for my brother.

He was going to sign up to the light membership this season but because they did away with fan cards and I had purchase history from last season on mine they offered me a free upgrade to a light membership.

Made sense to save him £26 but I now have both memberships in my name just one at my parents address and the other at mine. Considering my brother will be using one i'd prefer it in his name to avoid any run in with the club over the t&cs!

I had a similar situation, I was using both my fan card and my auntie's fan card for myself and partner for the 9pound sales... I emailed to see if they would change my the name on my aunties fan card to my partners and then we'll upgrade to that to the membership, they said no (but I think it depends on who you speak too). So he just had to buy a membership this season. To be fair, I should have just set him up his own customer number and got his local general sales in his name last year, because I didn't need my auntie's fan card to get him one, then he would have had his own history, rather than starting from fresh now.

Probably worth a try and see what they say.

Offline Istanbul5Star

• Main Stander
« Reply #443 on: August 2, 2019, 02:36:52 pm »
I had a similar situation, I was using both my fan card and my auntie's fan card for myself and partner for the 9pound sales... I emailed to see if they would change my the name on my aunties fan card to my partners and then we'll upgrade to that to the membership, they said no (but I think it depends on who you speak too). So he just had to buy a membership this season. To be fair, I should have just set him up his own customer number and got his local general sales in his name last year, because I didn't need my auntie's fan card to get him one, then he would have had his own history, rather than starting from fresh now.

Probably worth a try and see what they say.
thanks for the reply. thinking of going down the TO in person... I'm worried that as one membership is technically a freebie from the club this season they may be funny so if I email they would be able to trace the memberships in question, whereas if I ask at the TO and give no details (unless they say yes) both memberships will stay safe, just in my name!

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #444 on: August 4, 2019, 11:17:34 am »
if your membership card is damaged, is it easy enough to get a replacement? And would anyone know how long it'll take to ship internationally?

International is a different matter. I took mine into the ticket office and they did me a new one there and then no charge.

Not sure if they still do this as another time they were trying to say I couldn't have a new one in the same season (I lost it months later) but I argued the toss that I'd not lost the first one. It just stopped working. Eventually got one and had to pay a tenner

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #445 on: August 11, 2019, 09:13:49 am »
International is a different matter. I took mine into the ticket office and they did me a new one there and then no charge.

Not sure if they still do this as another time they were trying to say I couldn't have a new one in the same season (I lost it months later) but I argued the toss that I'd not lost the first one. It just stopped working. Eventually got one and had to pay a tenner

I got an email from the club saying I needed to call them because they can't take down payment info over email (which is fair)

I need to pay 10 pounds + customs fees, which will probably be the equivalent of about 5 pounds. Not too bad I guess

Offline Lfcameron7

• Anny Roader
  • Na na na Liverpool, Liverpool na na na
« Reply #446 on: November 17, 2019, 04:46:38 pm »
Had my members' card taken at the Arsenal game (gave it to a mate as couldn't make it, scanned red at turnstile and TO took it off him as I didn't answer the phone when they called me) have called up the club multiple times and been given no update on what's happening/when I will get it back, who should I contact to get this resolved asap?

Offline anitrella

• Anny Roader
« Reply #447 on: November 17, 2019, 05:11:57 pm »
Had my members' card taken at the Arsenal game (gave it to a mate as couldn't make it, scanned red at turnstile and TO took it off him as I didn't answer the phone when they called me) have called up the club multiple times and been given no update on what's happening/when I will get it back, who should I contact to get this resolved asap?

Why did it go red?

Offline Lfcameron7

• Anny Roader
  • Na na na Liverpool, Liverpool na na na
« Reply #448 on: November 17, 2019, 05:27:41 pm »
Why did it go red?

No idea, apparently loads of cards scanned red at the Arsenal & Spurs game

Offline Fredde87

• Main Stander
  • Sami
« Reply #449 on: December 14, 2019, 02:53:51 pm »
Hey guys. Wanted some advice.

For the first time in 4 years I managed to get a ticket on the online sales (for the Watford game today). As luck will have it I had to go to Italy for work so I didn't make it to the game.

So I gave the ticket to my mate who's a longtime supporter but rarely gets up to Anfield. He spent £90 on last minute train tickets to get up there.

But he got turned away at the turnsile. The card didn't work on the scanner.

What I didnt realise is that they have replaced the membership cards at some stage since I last attended a game on my own card (last game I attended was the 2-1 game against City in 2015). So I still have the old red card but apparently they are white these days.

He went to the ticket office but they said there was no way he would attend the game today. I phoned the ticket office myself and the guy there was a lot more helpful and added some note to my account and then second attempt queuing my mate managed to get a paper ticket issued.

All of this took an hour in total so he missed the whole first half.

Had he lived locally it might not be too bad but he spent 4 hours travelling up to Anfield so feels shit. On top of that he had to pay £10 to the ticket office to get a paper ticket printed.

I have checked my inbox for all emails from the club for the last 5 years and at no point have they sent a email to say they were dispatching a new membership card.

As I am out of the country 8+ months a year with work (I work at sea) I am guessing they have sent it without notifying me that they were dispatching a new card and it must have arrived when I was out of the country and therefore I guess they couldn't deliver it.

I would like to contact the club on Monday and demand obviously the £10 back, but I think they should refund the full ticket amount since he missed the whole first half.

My question is,

A) What do you think my chance are they'll agree to that?
B) Will I potential open myself up for trouble since the terms and conditions technically say you need the clubs consent before lending your card to a friend?
C) Does anyone remember what season the cards were replaced or even better the month they were dispatched (so I can check my travel history)?
« Last Edit: December 14, 2019, 03:47:12 pm by Fredde87 »

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #450 on: December 14, 2019, 06:31:45 pm »
The first person he saw at the ticket office was a jobsworth, and if he had done his job properly it wouldn't have been as bad

I've been to the game on someone else's card before about 5 years ago, but without the actual card because my mate lost it. They spoke to him on the phone and issued me a paper ticket at a cost of £10.

Doubt you've any chance of the £10 back or a refund to be honest, and the new white card was issued beginning of last season.

There will be a new card for next season, so if you renew your membership in the summer, beware you will need to be able to receive the new card.

Offline Fredde87

• Main Stander
  • Sami
« Reply #451 on: December 14, 2019, 07:12:56 pm »
The first person he saw at the ticket office was a jobsworth, and if he had done his job properly it wouldn't have been as bad

I've been to the game on someone else's card before about 5 years ago, but without the actual card because my mate lost it. They spoke to him on the phone and issued me a paper ticket at a cost of £10.

Doubt you've any chance of the £10 back or a refund to be honest, and the new white card was issued beginning of last season.

There will be a new card for next season, so if you renew your membership in the summer, beware you will need to be able to receive the new card.

Cheers, that's good to know!

I just can't believe the club didn't send out an email last season to just say they were sending out new cards. Might not be an issue for most people but no one in my circle of friends have membership cards so I wasn't aware of the new cards or else I would have contacted the club at the start of last season to find out why I hadn't received a new card.

They can send out advertisement on a monthly basis but not actual critical information ::)

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #452 on: December 14, 2019, 07:17:49 pm »
When did you last renew your membership ?
https://tickets.liverpoolfc.com/PagesPublic/Login/login.aspx?RequiresLogin=True&ReturnUrl=%2fPagesLogin%2fOrders%2fPurchaseHistory.aspx%3f
When does the last entry for "Liverpool FC Membership Card" appear? Click on the entry to see what address it went to.

Offline Fredde87

• Main Stander
  • Sami
« Reply #453 on: December 14, 2019, 08:02:11 pm »
When did you last renew your membership ?
https://tickets.liverpoolfc.com/PagesPublic/Login/login.aspx?RequiresLogin=True&ReturnUrl=%2fPagesLogin%2fOrders%2fPurchaseHistory.aspx%3f
When does the last entry for "Liverpool FC Membership Card" appear? Click on the entry to see what address it went to.

Wow, did not know I could see that there! It auto renews the first week of June each year which I can see. But you are right, I can see a separate line item one day after the 2018 renewal for a "Liverpool FC Membership Card". And the "payment owner" address shows my correct address.

So they must have sent one. And I was at home that time of the year, I returned to work on the 25th of June.

So then I guess it must have been lost by Royal Mail :no

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #454 on: January 31, 2020, 06:28:47 pm »

Good to know about the new card. They usually take 6-8 weeks to ship internationally, in case anyone was wondering.