Author Topic: Show off your pets  (Read 290854 times)

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Show off your pets
« Reply #3320 on: October 29, 2014, 12:48:35 pm »
Thanks folks.  We know from Sonic going missing and coming back six months later that it may not be all doom and gloom. But it's completely out of character for this one to go away for any more than an hour. Normally as soon as the treats are shaken to get them in at night she is in instantly.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Art Vandelay

• a.k.a. Terry Gilliam
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3321 on: October 29, 2014, 02:10:20 pm »
Hope she shows up soon, I'm sure she will!
"And on the pedestal these words appear: 'My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings: Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!' Nothing beside remains."

Offline wampa1

• Should probably leg it while he can......
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3322 on: October 30, 2014, 12:26:00 pm »

Can't believe it's been six months since this little one passed away.  Feels like it was just yesterday that she was scrambling to get under the duvet on a cold night : D

Miss her loads.

Offline Maggie May

• A true Grandmother of Sirs. The Next Vera Lynne. The Pigeon Queen. Lobster Botherer Knockout Champ. RAWK's favourite gog. Belshie Gets Hard For Her. Call that a knife??
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit. Semper Fi
« Reply #3323 on: October 30, 2014, 12:31:03 pm »
Can't believe it's been six months since this little one passed away.  Feels like it was just yesterday that she was scrambling to get under the duvet on a cold night : D

Miss her loads.

So sorry mate.  It never gets any easier does it.  Condolences for your loss.  But she still sleeps softly in a warm place within your heart and she always will. 
Rather a day as a lion than a lifetime as a sheep.

I can only be nice to one person a day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look too good either.
I tried being reasonable.  I didn't like it.  Old enough to know better.  Young enough not to give a fuck.

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3324 on: October 30, 2014, 12:40:00 pm »
One of our cats has went missing. Haven't seen her since about 6 last night. She rarely leaves the garden and there's no sign of her on the roads/paths around the area. There's been a load of cats going missing recently so we're already fearing the worst.   :(
Sorry to hear that Barney, I know how stressful that can be. Mine went missing on a few occasions but luckily turned up eventually. She might just be off having a little adventure by herself. Hope she turns up soon mate.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #3325 on: October 31, 2014, 01:18:53 am »
One of our cats has went missing. Haven't seen her since about 6 last night. She rarely leaves the garden and there's no sign of her on the roads/paths around the area. There's been a load of cats going missing recently so we're already fearing the worst.   :(

We had two go missing after only being with us 3 days. Thought the worse then one came back four days later and the other the day after. Hope things turn out the same, mate
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline gwalk

• Legacy Fan
  • ní fheicfidh tú ag siúl ina n-aonar
« Reply #3326 on: October 31, 2014, 01:25:09 am »
My Ma treats her better than she treats me haha

Offline Maggie May

• A true Grandmother of Sirs. The Next Vera Lynne. The Pigeon Queen. Lobster Botherer Knockout Champ. RAWK's favourite gog. Belshie Gets Hard For Her. Call that a knife??
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3327 on: November 2, 2014, 03:41:05 pm »
Barney.  I've just heard of this organisation called Animal Search UK.  They do searches and produce posters.  Might be worth a go.  animalsearch.co.uk. 

I can only be nice to one person a day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look too good either.
I tried being reasonable.  I didn't like it.  Old enough to know better.  Young enough not to give a fuck.

Offline Flyhalf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3328 on: November 2, 2014, 04:55:28 pm »

Don't give up looking mate. That happened to my little Rafaella so I cobbled together a poster with her photo and my mobile number on it asking people to look in their sheds. Pushed it through people's doors and  the neighbour two doors down found her 24 hours later. She'd accidentally locked her in her shed the night before.

I hope you find her

Offline GeeFJay

• aka 'Gazvinder Singh - Serial stalker.' Subject of a staffroom restraining order.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • insults.net
« Reply #3329 on: November 10, 2014, 03:22:20 pm »
Regrettably had to have our Milly put down at the back end of last week, was just coming up six years old, not the first time I've had to do this in my life but you still feel really shitty after, just waiting for the dumb little bugger to come home in her casket, had one of previous cats cremated back in '08, love animals to bits so had to do the same for this one.

http://www.quidco.com/user/745087/

www.misternobody.co.uk

http://www.spiritofshankly.com/join.html

banner stolen on pre-season tour 2009 'liverpool fc europes finest five star establishment'

Offline Maggie May

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3330 on: November 12, 2014, 03:07:10 pm »
Regrettably had to have our Milly put down at the back end of last week, was just coming up six years old, not the first time I've had to do this in my life but you still feel really shitty after, just waiting for the dumb little bugger to come home in her casket, had one of previous cats cremated back in '08, love animals to bits so had to do the same for this one.

I am so sorry for the death of your lovely beloved Milly.  Please accept my deepest sympathy and condolences.  And six is no age at all, which clearly would be even more deeply distressing.

How kind of you to post such lovely pictures in memory of her.  She is so full of life, alert and ready for fun.  And what a lovely silver tabby girl with those exquisite and distinctive markings.  You clearly had some wonderful times together and I would respectfully suggest, do as I do, if you close your eyes and you think of her, she will be there, as happy and playful as she always was.

You did your duty by her, for her, not for yourself.  It never gets any easier though.  My thoughts are with you.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 03:11:04 pm by Maggie May »

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #3331 on: February 26, 2015, 11:40:42 am »
So, to replace the dear and much missed cat Donald who lived to a ripe old age, we went to the rescue centre last year and got Ruby and Robert(aka His Nibs).
Not all has gone to plan, Robert hates Wee Cat, our now oldest cat who after Donald went regarded herself as Queen of all she surveyed, though she reciprocates the hate in spades. Ruby just wants to get on with everyone.
Robert is a bit of a character though, vaguely reminiscent of the penguin in the Wrong Trousers, totally unafraid and unfazed by anything, and now regards himself very much as the boss in the house, hence the appellation His Nibs.
He's even taken to muscling in on Angus the Airedale (who's looking distinctly wooly at the moment), and trying to grab his bed.
Angus somehow manages to squeeze in but Robert just won't budge....

« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 11:43:14 am by The Gulleysucker »
I don't do polite so fuck yoursalf with your stupid accusations...

Right you fuckwit I will show you why you are talking out of your fat arse...

Mutton Geoff (Obviously a real nice guy)

Offline Lady_brandybuck

• Duchess of Crackers, Mermaid of the Caribbean Sea and Amazon goddess (Current Empress of Tenochtitlan)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Available for parties and dinners.
« Reply #3332 on: March 23, 2015, 07:31:20 pm »
My dearest Tigre passed away this morning, to say I will miss him so much is an understatement. It hurts so much not being able to be there with him as I'm outside the country, but knowing that he passed on my sister's arms while she was comforting him gives me a bit of comfort.

One of the best dogs I've ever had, he was such a character and with the pointiest ears ever.

Will miss you Tigre
RIP

"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies"

Offline wampa1

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3333 on: April 24, 2015, 04:02:27 pm »

Holly (the black and white one) was knocked down by a car and died : (

She was such a loving cat with no bad bones in her body.  I'm not ashamed to say that I loved her and she was my friend.  She will be greatly missed.

RIP little one.

Can't believe it's been a year (to the day).  Miss you loads, Holly.

Offline Maggie May

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3334 on: April 25, 2015, 07:53:27 am »
So sad Wampa and Lady B.  Deepest sympathy and condolences. 

My Angel kittycat is sleeping at my side.  I am astonished as to how much I love her.  You have both been very blessed in the pure and unconditional love you gave and got.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 08:18:52 am by Maggie May »

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #3335 on: April 25, 2015, 11:32:36 am »
Judy the pug.

Smart, playful and thank Fowler her weight is about right(I'm mentioning this cause I have seen few cases with other pugs who are overweight and doesn't help with the inherent breathing condition due to their short nose).

Her weak spot? Chicken. She is not trained AT ALL yet she reacts to 3-4 phrases/words and two of them is 'food' and 'chicken'.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #3336 on: April 25, 2015, 11:35:38 am »
My missus has been moaning at me for the last few weeks as met a pug and fell in love with it so now wants one.

I think Arnie would be likely to squash it though so not sure it's a good idea  ;D

Offline Maggie May

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3337 on: April 25, 2015, 01:34:49 pm »
Judy the pug.

Smart, playful and thank Fowler her weight is about right(I'm mentioning this cause I have seen few cases with other pugs who are overweight and doesn't help with the inherent breathing condition due to their short nose).

Her weak spot? Chicken. She is not trained AT ALL yet she reacts to 3-4 phrases/words and two of them is 'food' and 'chicken'.

An absolute love bug.  Gorgeous face.  I want that dog.

My missus has been moaning at me for the last few weeks as met a pug and fell in love with it so now wants one.

I think Arnie would be likely to squash it though so not sure it's a good idea  ;D

Or as a light snack..........   :o ;) 
« Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 01:36:42 pm by Maggie May »

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3338 on: April 25, 2015, 07:31:41 pm »
Your Pug is absolutely beautiful! I want one. Well I want a Frenchie but Pugs are nice too.

Offline Dalglish1892

• Main Stander
« Reply #3339 on: June 30, 2016, 05:10:42 pm »
This is one of my wonderful pets - her name is Bella.

We've had since the day she was born and now, at a very young 12 years of age she is about to be put to sleep due to kidney failure and the onset of dementia. It has been very rapid process, developing over the past few weeks and the news that nothing could be done has completely broken my heart.
It sounds awful but I've dealt with the death of family much better than this. .

She was incredible, loving cat who adored her life in the countryside chasing mice and catching rabbits - I'm going to really miss her.

She came into your heart one day,
So beautiful and smart,
A dear and sweet companion,
You loved her from the start.

And though you knew the time would come,
When you would have to part,
She'll never be forgotten,
She left paw prints on your heart

I love you Bella
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 05:12:30 pm by Dalglish1892 »

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #3340 on: June 30, 2016, 06:01:13 pm »
:( Sorry to hear mate.

Least she lived a full a happy life.

Offline wampa1

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3341 on: June 30, 2016, 06:03:56 pm »
It sounds awful but I've dealt with the death of family much better than this. .
Man, tell me about it.  I was in absolute bits when our Holly died.  I surprised myself with how broke up I was.

Sorry for your loss. 

Offline kopite.keith

• Offical OAP
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3342 on: June 30, 2016, 06:25:41 pm »
This was my fella just before he had to be put down, he was 18 years old and quite ill so he had some ice cream as a little treat. I took him on when his owner (my neighbour) passed away (he was about 8 years old then) and I enjoyed every minute he spent with me, he was always first in the pecking order and he made it clear he expected no less.

https://youtu.be/D81l-zOdz6c
When in Rome...

Offline terrible suits

• Formerly: terrisus
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Justice for the 96 - You'll Never Walk Alone
    • terrisus.com
« Reply #3343 on: June 30, 2016, 06:40:00 pm »
This is one of my wonderful pets - her name is Bella.

We've had since the day she was born and now, at a very young 12 years of age she is about to be put to sleep due to kidney failure and the onset of dementia. It has been very rapid process, developing over the past few weeks and the news that nothing could be done has completely broken my heart.

She was incredible, loving cat who adored her life in the countryside chasing mice and catching rabbits - I'm going to really miss her.

She came into your heart one day,
So beautiful and smart,
A dear and sweet companion,
You loved her from the start.

And though you knew the time would come,
When you would have to part,
She'll never be forgotten,
She left paw prints on your heart

I love you Bella

We had a cat when I was growing up - got him when I was around 9, when I was around 17 he developed kidney issues and the vet said he only had a couple of months to live. Gave him fluid injections twice a day and he kept going happily along. When I was 19 he started coughing up blood, took him to the vet, his kidneys had shut down completely. He had to be put to sleep. I was absolutely heartbroken. It took me years to get over that.

We finally got another cat when I was 23 - Shadow. And another one when I was 26 - Fenway.
I'm 33 now, so they're now 10 and 7 respectively. They had better both outlive me (and with my risk of stroke, they probably will), since I don't think I could live without them.

Laying next to my computer desk sleeping. Shadow on a blanket using a box of tissues as a pillow, and Fenway on a pair of pants, giving me a nasty look for taking a picture of him.
I love them so much.

Offline Dalglish1892

• Main Stander
« Reply #3344 on: June 30, 2016, 09:37:29 pm »
Thanks a lot for the support guys - it's really appreciated.

She was put to sleep at 6:00 this evening. I couldn't bare going but it was apparently very peaceful and she purred all the way through. She is now downstairs waiting to be buried once the rain dies down tomorrow morning.

At least she will be in the place she loved and has lived all her life forever more. .

TPA - your cat is exactly like Bella's brother - such a beautiful little Tabby. His name is Harry and he's as fit and healthy as ever . . He's very independent and often out hunting but he greeted me at my car as soon as I came back home. I'm dreading the day i have to go through this with him as well Terrisus . . Keep yours close, love them and treat them like the Kings they are.

Offline terrible suits

• Formerly: terrisus
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Justice for the 96 - You'll Never Walk Alone
    • terrisus.com
« Reply #3345 on: June 30, 2016, 10:10:25 pm »
Thanks a lot for the support guys - it's really appreciated.

She was put to sleep at 6:00 this evening. I couldn't bare going but it was apparently very peaceful and she purred all the way through. She is now downstairs waiting to be buried once the rain dies down tomorrow morning.

At least she will be in the place she loved and has lived all her life forever more. .

TPA - your cat is exactly like Bella's brother - such a beautiful little Tabby. His name is Harry and he's as fit and healthy as ever . . He's very independent and often out hunting but he greeted me at my car as soon as I came back home. I'm dreading the day i have to go through this with him as well Terrisus . . Keep yours close, love them and treat them like the Kings they are.

I was with my cat when he was put to sleep. I was there holding his paw. I'm crying just thinking about it. I have never felt like such a failure in my life, and never have since then. The look he gave me, like "You always took care of me. What's happening? Please do something. I just want to be with you. I don't want to leave you." He relied on me to take care of him, and I failed him. I know I shouldn't look at it that way - we did all that we could and more. But, I just felt so horrible then. I don't think I've ever really recovered from it.

I was there when our dog that we had when I was born was put to sleep when I was 8. She was basically blind and deaf by that point. That was painful, but it didn't impact me in nearly the same way. I was there with my wife when her dog - who she had since a year or two before meeting me - was put to sleep, and that was sad too. He had hip problems, but he was 13, which was a fairly full life for him.

My cats both have beds right next to my computer, and they spend a large portion of the day there. Shadow is a guard cat, and keeps an eye out for anything going on, and growls if he hears something out of the ordinary. When I was in the hospital after my stroke, he sat on one of my shirts waiting for me practically the entire time I was gone (a month and a half). And now, he gets extremely anxious if he can't find me or get to me - even if I'm just in another room. Fenway more does his own thing, but he's been sitting there watching me cry just now, looking at me like I'm a weirdo (granted, I am).

I seriously don't know what I'm ever going to do when they pass away, if it happens before I do. Especially if it's a decision I have to make, as opposed to happening naturally. I would gladly go in either of their places.

Sorry, I know this all probably isn't helping when you're dealing with what you're going through. I'm sure you treated yours wonderfully, though. And I try to do the best that I can for mine. I certainly spoil them rotten (no children, so I guess I'm a crazy cat person, with all of that focused on 2 cats instead of 20).
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 10:12:17 pm by terrisus »

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #3346 on: July 1, 2016, 12:50:21 pm »
Recent one of Arnie...

Offline Corkboy

• Sworn enemy of Bottlegirl. The Boston Toilet Mangler. Grauniad of the Cidatel. Into kinky S&M with the Lash.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #3347 on: July 1, 2016, 12:57:52 pm »
Roxy boating.

Offline Zeppelin

• Funds hate.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hammer of the Gods
« Reply #3348 on: July 1, 2016, 01:03:08 pm »
Geoff the Yorkshire Terrier before his haircut and after

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #3349 on: August 22, 2017, 01:23:43 pm »
Gorgeous dogs - so glad you rescued her and she knew love and learned that some humans CAN be trusted> breaks my heart the way some poor animals are treated  :'( :'(
We are a team of one half.

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3350 on: August 14, 2022, 05:30:32 am »
We adopted this cool dog a couple of months ago - She was a puppy-mill breeding bitch so has had god knows how many litters - she's an absolute superstar - wont sleep on a soft bed or rug - just the kitchen floor

Offline Scottish-Don

• Maggie May, Kez, Kopbird, LFCMunkee and gerrardspetal in any order
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'Cause he's a dedicated follower of fashion
« Reply #3351 on: August 16, 2022, 04:03:17 pm »
Follow me on Twitter - @achtung_davie

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3352 on: August 16, 2022, 04:32:51 pm »
This is Mia, she always gets her slipper when she’s ready for bed, and when she is ready for bed, so are you!

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #3353 on: August 16, 2022, 05:26:45 pm »
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #3354 on: August 18, 2022, 06:30:26 pm »

This is our new bear
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3355 on: August 18, 2022, 06:33:01 pm »
Very cute!

Offline Mumm-Ra

• Dunking Heretic. Mexican drug runner. Can go whistle for a pair of decent trainees! Your own personal cheese. Yes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3356 on: August 18, 2022, 06:41:36 pm »

This is our new bear

Schnauzers are the best, got a black mini myself, I'll have to dig up a pic now

Offline Mumm-Ra

• Dunking Heretic. Mexican drug runner. Can go whistle for a pair of decent trainees! Your own personal cheese. Yes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3357 on: August 18, 2022, 06:54:04 pm »
Rocky:

edit: weird, its sideways but corrects itself if you click it
« Last Edit: August 18, 2022, 06:55:38 pm by Mumm-Ra »

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #3358 on: August 18, 2022, 07:28:15 pm »
Very cute mate. If I knew how to upload pics I do the same!

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #3359 on: August 18, 2022, 08:03:40 pm »
Rocky:

edit: weird, its sideways but corrects itself if you click it

I love all black ones, we had three but two died within weeks of each other a few years back :(

The breeder had a white one today, very handsome and took some will power not to buy him too
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.