Author Topic: Show off your pets  (Read 290967 times)

Offline Art Vandelay

• a.k.a. Terry Gilliam
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Show off your pets
« Reply #3280 on: October 8, 2014, 09:08:54 pm »
Oh Art I am so very sorry.  Please accept my deepest sympathy for your loss.  You loved her.  You gave her a good life and you gave her a good death.  You stayed loyal and caring of her to the end.  We could all hope for the same. 
Sorry for your loss Art :(
Thanks guys...really appreciate it.
"And on the pedestal these words appear: 'My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings: Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!' Nothing beside remains."

Offline Davvo7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • STILL walk a million miles for one of your smiles!
« Reply #3281 on: October 8, 2014, 09:42:39 pm »
Really sorry to hear that Art, horrible times.
Boocoo dinky dau

Offline Art Vandelay

• a.k.a. Terry Gilliam
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3282 on: October 8, 2014, 11:34:54 pm »
She had a look on her face when I passed her to the vet which will haunt me for a little while. She looked like I'd betrayed her....I know she didn't really feel that, but it did make me feel like absolute shit to be honest.
"And on the pedestal these words appear: 'My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings: Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!' Nothing beside remains."

Offline Paulie's Wallnuts

• There's an old Italian saying: you fuck up once, you lose two teeth
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blow Me Fuckface
« Reply #3283 on: October 9, 2014, 10:05:41 am »
She had a look on her face when I passed her to the vet which will haunt me for a little while. She looked like I'd betrayed her....I know she didn't really feel that, but it did make me feel like absolute shit to be honest.
You shouldnt be too hard on yourself mate. You cared for her for a very long time and no doubt did all you could.
'If you are first you are first. If you are second you are nothing.'

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #3284 on: October 9, 2014, 10:23:36 am »

Sorry to hear you had to make that decision mate, it's never nice. You can't think like that above though, you did the right thing as the last thing you want is her suffering just so she could be around you for a little longer.

It's probably one of the most unselfish things you could do, and certainly not betraying her.

Offline Maggie May

• A true Grandmother of Sirs. The Next Vera Lynne. The Pigeon Queen. Lobster Botherer Knockout Champ. RAWK's favourite gog. Belshie Gets Hard For Her. Call that a knife??
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit. Semper Fi
« Reply #3285 on: October 9, 2014, 10:39:17 am »

No. Not at all.  She was doubtless just registering very temporary surprise is all.  Over in a second.  You chose to beat yourself up about it.  Completely understandable.  But not betrayal.  Betrayal is when you keep her alive for the pleasure of having her by your side regardless of how it affects her.  Real love is taking a decision for her which rips your guts out.  That  takes courage.
Rather a day as a lion than a lifetime as a sheep.

I can only be nice to one person a day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look too good either.
I tried being reasonable.  I didn't like it.  Old enough to know better.  Young enough not to give a fuck.

Offline L666KOP

• Wants everyone to fuck off. Especially you. Yes YOU! Too Tender for Tinder. Would swallow his knob on a genuine fuck up.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3286 on: October 9, 2014, 11:03:26 am »
No. Not at all.  She was doubtless just registering very temporary surprise is all.  Over in a second.  You chose to beat yourself up about it.  Completely understandable.  But not betrayal. Betrayal is when you keep her alive for the pleasure of having her by your side regardless of how it affects her.  Real love is taking a decision for her which rips your guts out.  That  takes courage.

Art, what Maggie says is absolutely on the money.

I've had to take two dogs to the vet on their 'last journey' with me. By nature I'm a bit of a loner, and place great emphasis on my 'animal partner'. My wife often jokes I put the dog before her and my children. I don't, but I understand why she would say it. I spend all my waking hours with the dogs.

But I wouldn't hesitate to euthanize should I think for one minute that by keeping them with me caused any pain or suffering, even if medicines mitigated the pain somewhat.

My last dog developed a tumour on her spleen that burst. We had the choice to operate, or euthanize, the vet said we'd get at best 6 months longer if the op was a success, but he only gave her a 25% chance of coming through the op. I made what I thought was the right decision at the time, asked him if he thought she'd last the night at home for me to bring her back in the morning to be put to sleep. He gave us pain relief and a bag of fluids for my wife to administer if she became really poorly.

I took her home, we had the rest of the day spoiling her, she slept on our bed at night and had a huge steak for breakfast.
Myself and my wife then took her to the vet and said our goodbyes as she was put to sleep, and yes, I was convinced that I saw her look at me pleadingly, but I'll also tell you that we look for things like that, we want to beat ourselves up, and try to justify why/how we could have avoided doing what we did, it's in our nature as animal lovers.

If you honestly believe that what you did was best for your cat then you have nothing to feel upset/ashamed about. That pleading look you got could well have been one of relief, and understanding mate.

You were strong pal, if you were weak you'd have brought the cat home, and you know yourself it would have been born more out of selfishness on your part than anything else.

13mins - Bournemouth have gone home. Utd kicked off anyway. Still 0-0 as Smalling passes it back to De Gea.

Offline Art Vandelay

• a.k.a. Terry Gilliam
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3287 on: October 9, 2014, 04:51:08 pm »
Thanks guys....I really appreciate what you've all said.

Offline dnkw

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3288 on: October 9, 2014, 10:51:18 pm »
Had to have my cat put down today.  Absolutely gutted, 16 years old but even in old age she acted like a young cat that it felt even worse to have to make that decision.

RIP Kitty :(

Sorry mate, I do feel for you.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #3289 on: October 10, 2014, 12:01:26 am »
I'm so sorry :(

Offline Art Vandelay

• a.k.a. Terry Gilliam
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3290 on: October 10, 2014, 10:46:46 am »
Thought I'd put up a picture of her from a few years ago...happy Kitty :)

Offline Maggie May

• A true Grandmother of Sirs. The Next Vera Lynne. The Pigeon Queen. Lobster Botherer Knockout Champ. RAWK's favourite gog. Belshie Gets Hard For Her. Call that a knife??
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3291 on: October 10, 2014, 08:31:02 pm »
Thought I'd put up a picture of her from a few years ago...happy Kitty :)

Oh Art thank you for that.   She is so gorgeous.  What a beautiful kitty.  And you had all those wonderful and loving years together.  You were both extremely blessed.   

I can only be nice to one person a day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look too good either.
I tried being reasonable.  I didn't like it.  Old enough to know better.  Young enough not to give a fuck.

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3292 on: October 21, 2014, 04:13:12 pm »
My new puppy Jack

Offline wampa1

• Should probably leg it while he can......
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3293 on: October 21, 2014, 04:14:57 pm »
: D

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #3294 on: October 21, 2014, 04:15:36 pm »
Playing hide and seek.

Kaylee and Wash

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3295 on: October 21, 2014, 04:25:53 pm »
Playing hide and seek.

Kaylee and Wash

I caught the end of a program on them the other day and thought id read a post by someone on here saying they were getting one (or two) of them.

Proper cheeky things aren't they :D

Offline Maggie May

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3296 on: October 21, 2014, 04:27:52 pm »
My new puppy Jack

Oh.  Beyond cute. 

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #3297 on: October 21, 2014, 04:29:04 pm »
I caught the end of a program on them the other day and thought id read a post by someone on here saying they were getting one (or two) of them.

Proper cheeky things aren't they :D

They are very cheeky! Specially if they think your fingertip is a nice juicy treat! But they are cute as hell.

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3298 on: October 21, 2014, 04:35:38 pm »
My new puppy Jack

Looks very similar to mine as a pup, except mine has a pink nose! I'll have to get a photo up.

Offline Motty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3299 on: October 21, 2014, 04:39:09 pm »
They are very cheeky! Specially if they think your fingertip is a nice juicy treat! But they are cute as hell.
They are mate , smaller poo to pick up than mine which is a plus :D

Offline Motty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3300 on: October 21, 2014, 04:41:48 pm »
Looks very similar to mine as a pup, except mine has a pink nose! I'll have to get a photo up.
Corkboy posted a pic of his dog which was really similar as well. He's quite white so the kids think he looks like a polar bear ;D

Offline Motty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3301 on: October 21, 2014, 04:42:52 pm »
Oh.  Beyond cute.
Not so cute when he's trying to bite through my Sky cable though :)

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #3302 on: October 21, 2014, 05:00:57 pm »
Corkboy posted a pic of his dog which was really similar as well. He's quite white so the kids think he looks like a polar bear ;D

Hide your Glacier Mints. :wave

Offline Maggie May

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3303 on: October 21, 2014, 05:12:10 pm »
Not so cute when he's trying to bite through my Sky cable though :)

Clearly a dog of refinement and taste.  Why else would he seek redeem you from the evil Murdoch empire and return you to the paths of righteousness?  That dog is sound.   :champ

Offline Motty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3304 on: October 21, 2014, 05:31:13 pm »

Clearly a dog of refinement and taste.  Why else would he seek redeem you from the evil Murdoch empire and return you to the paths of righteousness?  That dog is sound.   :champ

Out of loads of cables that's the only one he went for as well ,its like he knew :D

Offline Maggie May

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3305 on: October 21, 2014, 05:37:19 pm »

Out of loads of cables that's the only one he went for as well ,its like he knew :D

Clearly a true red dog.    :thumbup :wellin   I trust you can take a hint before he takes things further?

Offline Motty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3306 on: October 21, 2014, 05:40:44 pm »
Clearly a true red dog.    [emoji106] :wellin   I trust you can take a hint before he takes things further?
Think I'll have to if he carries on ;D

Offline BCCC

• Or B square
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blessed are the Cheesemakers
« Reply #3307 on: October 25, 2014, 08:37:29 pm »
After a hectic week we finally adopted this bulldog. Her name is Bonny and she's very timid at the moment. Not surprising after the shite she's been through in her first 20 months of life.

*****LFC Purveyors of fine football tradition since 1892*****

Offline Maggie May

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3308 on: October 25, 2014, 08:47:08 pm »
After a hectic week we finally adopted this bulldog. Her name is Bonny and she's very timid at the moment. Not surprising after the shite she's been through in her first 20 months of life.

Well she certainly lives up to her name.  She really is a bonny lass.  And how wonderful to see her so peaceful, calm and trusting in your arms.  She must think she's in dog heaven which, of course with you, she is.  Very well done. 

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #3309 on: October 25, 2014, 08:50:24 pm »

You've done a nice thing there brother..chapeau.

Wait till she finds out how nice bike tyres taste. ;D
Exercise is to the body what reading is to the mind.

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline BCCC

• Or B square
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3310 on: October 25, 2014, 09:37:07 pm »
Thanks Mags, she'll certainly be well looked after and Dave you may well be right about the bike tyres, she's already destroyed a ball marketed as "extremely tough and durable" in less than 24hrs.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #3311 on: October 25, 2014, 10:46:22 pm »
She's gorgeous mate, just shown my missus and she is well jealous. We lost our Bulldog coming up to 2 years this Jan (she was 15 months old) and we've wanted another one since then but one thing or another has stopped/delayed that.

Offline BCCC

• Or B square
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3312 on: October 26, 2014, 11:30:28 am »
She's gorgeous mate, just shown my missus and she is well jealous. We lost our Bulldog coming up to 2 years this Jan (she was 15 months old) and we've wanted another one since then but one thing or another has stopped/delayed that.

Sorry to hear you lost yours at such a young age. My missus has wanted one for ages but we've waited for a rescue to become available.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #3313 on: October 26, 2014, 03:00:41 pm »
Sorry to hear you lost yours at such a young age. My missus has wanted one for ages but we've waited for a rescue to become available.

She was the picture of health one day (she had no weight issues, breathing was perfect, etc) then the next she just went down hill amazingly fast and turn out it was pneumonia and by time we were referred to the specialists at Liv Uni Vet Training Hospital it was too far gone. They aren't sure what caused it but said was likely she breathed up something which found its way to her lung and infection set in.

We'll have one again one day soon. Amazing dogs and have such a quirky personality.

Offline wampa1

• Should probably leg it while he can......
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3314 on: October 27, 2014, 12:34:48 pm »

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3315 on: October 27, 2014, 12:42:04 pm »
^^Haha great pic mate. Love when their ears go inside out when they're having a lick. ;D

Offline OzBomber

• Favourite manager Tommy Tootchel favourite Player Naby 'lid' Kyta
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3316 on: October 27, 2014, 12:47:31 pm »

She's a bit crazy.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3317 on: October 29, 2014, 10:44:03 am »
One of our cats has went missing. Haven't seen her since about 6 last night. She rarely leaves the garden and there's no sign of her on the roads/paths around the area. There's been a load of cats going missing recently so we're already fearing the worst.   :(
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Maggie May

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3318 on: October 29, 2014, 11:13:09 am »
One of our cats has went missing. Haven't seen her since about 6 last night. She rarely leaves the garden and there's no sign of her on the roads/paths around the area. There's been a load of cats going missing recently so we're already fearing the worst.   :(

She could have palled up with another cat, been having a kip and hopefully will be back shortly.  I'm not making light of the situation Barney, as I've had that sickening feeling in my stomach often enough.  Chin up mate, and let us know how you get on. :wave

Online red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Crawl in under the shadow of this red rock
« Reply #3319 on: October 29, 2014, 11:24:41 am »

I'm keeping my fingers crossed very tightly for you mate. Just as words of encouragement: we left our cat with my girlfriend's father when we moved to Stockholm. He lived in Karlstad, all the way on the other side of Sweden. One day, our cat got out. It was late November (in Sweden!) and there was a forest right behind the house. He was outside for a week, and her father looked for him but couldn't find him, so we took a bus cross country to Karlstad to look for him. When we got there, I opened a can of tuna fish and walked through the forest for 4 hours, calling his name. I heard him calling back to me and I found him sitting under a car in the neighborhood. After a while of coaxing, he finally came out and we got him back inside. I've never been more relieved.

Don't lose hope mate. YNWA
At the hole where he went in
Red-Eye called to Wrinkle-Skin.
Hear what little Red-Eye saith:
"Nag, come up and dance with death!'"