Author Topic: Mingebags  (Read 256021 times)

Offline mrs_carragher23

• Main Stander
    • mrs-carra
Re: mingebags
« Reply #120 on: August 27, 2006, 09:44:47 pm »
funny thread - shame theres so many of them out there! really pisses me off!!
In ancient greece we'll win it 6 times!

Offline NickoH

• Has to fart in private to avoid offending the posh guys and gals in the Marketing Dept
  • Legacy Fan
  • Speak softly love so no one hears us but the sky
« Reply #121 on: August 27, 2006, 10:23:20 pm »
In the local Friday and some tight fucker comes in - orders a pint and then whips out his phone and charger, and asks the barmaid to plug it in behind the bar  :o
I clutch the wire fence until my fingers bleed,
A wound that will not heal, a heart that cannot feel.
Hoping that the horror will recede,
Hoping that tomorrow we'll all be freed.........JUSTICE.

Offline WorldChampions

• Charlie uniform november tango fan...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #122 on: August 27, 2006, 10:28:14 pm »
Got taling to some old mate from school on thursday, we had been drinking pints all day when he says ''oh sorry lad gunna have to get off running low on funds'' So i thought might as well get him a few in, because we were having a good time.

So he suddenly decides hes now on vodka red bulls, whats all that about. Then when we do get off he jumps in a taxi which probably would have cost around 20quid.

Maybe its me but whats wrong with getting on the bus for a few quid and getting some more drinks in?

Offline alana

• Loveable Wool
  • Legacy Fan
  • I hope some day you will join us......
« Reply #123 on: August 28, 2006, 03:19:03 am »
Remeber a M_houllier (Tom G) buyin us all a pint of mild. It was so funny!!! Fair play tho he did get a few more drinks after we kicked off  ;D

Offline Walton_Gary

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #124 on: August 29, 2006, 12:53:39 pm »
The height of mingebagness ive ever saw came from a Jock surprise surprise. I was working in Benidorm and i was in a bar cleaning the pumps when this jock comes up and asks for two pints of San Miguel so the waiter serves him and the bill came to 200 pesatas (before the euro) which was almighty cheap i think that was 80p, no tip obviously, but not being happy with that the swetty sock see the pints, storms back and asks for all his ale to be topped up because the ale wasnt right at the top, the waiter looked at me in disgust and i just said he was scottish - get used to it.

The worst thing about this story was that at the time it was happy hour so he got 4 pints for 80p and was still moaning

Fuckin tight arse jocks ;D

Offline Rushian

• Blanco y en botella
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ¡No Pasarán!
    • Red and White Kop
« Reply #125 on: August 29, 2006, 12:58:16 pm »
Remeber a M_houllier (Tom G) buyin us all a pint of mild. It was so funny!!! Fair play tho he did get a few more drinks after we kicked off  ;D

When I first went to university the difference in price in the union bar between a pint of mild and a pint of bitter was 1p so if you ever saw a penny on the street you'd always pick it up just in case you were forced to drink mild.
If you're going to sign up on Betfair and fancy getting a free £25 on sign-up then use my refer code 749DCNQGK and I'll also get a £25 bonus ;)

Offline Armin

• Reformed RAWK Traitor
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm up on the pavement
  • Super Title: Keep off the Grass!
« Reply #126 on: August 29, 2006, 01:00:03 pm »
When I first went to university the difference in price in the union bar between a pint of mild and a pint of bitter was 1p so if you ever saw a penny on the street you'd always pick it up just in case you were forced to drink mild.

So beer was Thrupence and Mild Tuppence?

???
Well, I don't know what it is, but there's definitely something going on upstairs

Offline 5FTH

• <--
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: August 29, 2006, 02:00:26 pm »
This is going back some years mind. When I was a kid we used to get all the delivery guys come knocking around, you know the Alpine Pop man, Bread man etc.... Well we used to get a guy that came around in his van selling 'fresh fish and fruit'.

Anyways one evening we hear the fish man beeps his horn outside at the corner of our street and me mam shouts to us to go out and pick up some fish off him for Friday tea. so Im there queuing up with me mams order and Im behind the arl bird from across the road.

She gets to the front of the queue and places her order and pipes up "...And can I have a bag of fish heads for me cat please!" to which the fish man quite happily pours out a bag full of fish heads, tails and guts out of the slops bucket gratis for the aul dears cat!

Thing is........ She never had a cat!........  :puke2

Offline Maggie May

• A true Grandmother of Sirs. The Next Vera Lynne. The Pigeon Queen. Lobster Botherer Knockout Champ. RAWK's favourite gog. Belshie Gets Hard For Her. Call that a knife??
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit. Semper Fi
« Reply #128 on: September 4, 2006, 09:56:27 am »
That, 5FTH, has brought to mind when in one of the companies I used to do lunches for, the MD's Personal Assistant (very well dressed and on serious money), used to ask me to save leftover meat from the lunches for her cat.  I used to rinse the meat and bones under the tap to remove sauces and the like, and bag it up for her to take home.  One day nobody was sure if she was coming in or not, and I asked if I should still keep the meat for her cat.  And no, she didn't have a cat either.   :odd
Rather a day as a lion than a lifetime as a sheep.

I can only be nice to one person a day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look too good either.
I tried being reasonable.  I didn't like it.  Old enough to know better.  Young enough not to give a fuck.

Offline !ZED!

• Zed's dead
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #129 on: September 4, 2006, 10:15:53 am »
Used to go to school with a lad who used pens from the bookies instead of just buying a biro!

Mingebag!

Offline Darren_LFC

• Main Stander
  • At the end of the storm Is a golden sky
« Reply #130 on: September 4, 2006, 10:33:40 am »
One of my mates is your classic minted but tight bastards, a few weeks ago eight of us went out for my mates birthday we went to piccolinos for a meal and when the bill came he told the waitress we didnt want to pay the service charge cos we dont have to.  The rest of us didnt know where to look I've never felt so embarrassed but anyway I slipped £15 on the table and so did the other seven of us so in the end without knowing we left over a £100 tip.

Another time he charged me his mate of over 10 years a £5 for a lift from booker avenue to dovedale road I only asked for a lift cos it was snowing and he said he had no petrol!!

Then on holiday last year he kept his own shelf in the fridge although we agreed to share whatever we bought.

Sorry for the rant.

phil_j_420

« Reply #131 on: September 4, 2006, 12:40:43 pm »
I used to work in a Church Club around 5 years ago.  Anyway, it was the 40th Anniversary of the Club being cited in that building.  In commemoration of the event, the comitte gave each member four vouchers which could be exchanged for either a pint or a double.  Anyway, this guy who always came in alone turned up with his wife, produced both his membership card and hers, got two sets of vouchers, then his wife walked home whilst he drank 8 free pints.

Offline Maggie May

• A true Grandmother of Sirs. The Next Vera Lynne. The Pigeon Queen. Lobster Botherer Knockout Champ. RAWK's favourite gog. Belshie Gets Hard For Her. Call that a knife??
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: September 4, 2006, 12:44:40 pm »
I thought you were going to say he had eight doubles.  :o   So miracles do sometimes happen (it was a Church Club after all).  ;D

I can only be nice to one person a day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look too good either.
I tried being reasonable.  I didn't like it.  Old enough to know better.  Young enough not to give a fuck.

Offline El Phes

• Answers to Judith, but only on Thurdays.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Portraits / Weddings / Commercial / Events
« Reply #133 on: September 6, 2006, 11:01:17 am »
My boss is a right mingebag - he's got a great big fucking house (his extension last year, paid for by my hardwork! was pretty much bigger than my whole house), but at work, we have Tesco value loo paper, antibacterial handwash that is thinner than water and a brand I've never heard of, and coffee and teabags that I've never heard of either, but are some sort of extra value. I don't know where he finds the stuff?

It's all false economy though as I use double the amount of paper and at least 2 squirts of soap to get any kind of a lather in your hands!

Offline only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: September 16, 2006, 03:52:15 pm »
knew a lad who went to a charity night and took foreign notes and coins to throw in the bucket.
bitter,not me.a granddad,but I'm not even 40

Offline ianrush79

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #135 on: September 16, 2006, 04:33:54 pm »
My boss in work takes empty bottles into work and fill them with water to take home because he's on a meter. Normally a gallon or two every day
Phil Brown just off the phone. Stupid sod didn't know what 'Gardening Leave' meant. He's spent the past week planting fucking roses.

Offline uneverwalkalone

• LFC TV now available on SKY 448, Virgin Media 544 or e-season ticket. Happy to buy from touts.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: September 16, 2006, 04:36:57 pm »

Another time he charged me his mate of over 10 years a £5 for a lift from booker avenue to dovedale road I only asked for a lift cos it was snowing and he said he had no petrol!!

Sorry for the rant.

Thats fucking ruthless

Offline only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: September 18, 2006, 01:43:34 pm »
the mingebag who inspired this thread went all inclusive on holiday and got ale from the bar,bottled it and brought it home as prezzies.
bitter,not me.a granddad,but I'm not even 40

Offline Nicoliverpool

• French Pie Eating Champion 2007
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We shall not be moved
« Reply #138 on: September 18, 2006, 02:06:07 pm »
My Spanish house"mate" in Wigan was the worst mingebag I've ever met. Used to fly to and from Manchester rather than Liverpool because the train was cheaper and he didn't have to pay an extra £2 for the bus.
He was also the kind of people who spent 10 minutes on his yoghurt to finish it off, lied about having bought stuff like bog rolls, asked me to take his Tesco card when I went shopping for food so that he'd collect more points, never went out, carved his initial on his bananas so that we wouldn't steal any, made himself a shut and stupid sandwich every morning so that he'd not pay to eat at the canteen, got off a bus stop earlier so that the journey was 20p cheaper, and I'm sure I'm forgetting loads...
Yanks out

Offline El Phes

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: September 18, 2006, 02:55:33 pm »
made himself a shut and stupid sandwich every morning

What's 1 of those  ???

Offline Scally McBeal

• Legacy Fan
  • I fought the law and the law won
« Reply #140 on: September 18, 2006, 03:00:59 pm »
What's 1 of those  ???

I don't know, but I assume it's nothing like the sandwich I make myself every morning to save about thirty quid a week on lunches... There is being a mingebag and being thrifty. However, I appreciate that with the banana-carving behaviour, the sandwich-making could take on an extra significance.

Offline El Phes

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: September 18, 2006, 03:20:01 pm »
I think it's supposed to be shit and stupid. Forgive the Frenchie a typo. He is a sandwich expert, after all :)

Thanks. Still don't know what it is though!

I don't know, but I assume it's nothing like the sandwich I make myself every morning to save about thirty quid a week on lunches... There is being a mingebag and being thrifty. However, I appreciate that with the banana-carving behaviour, the sandwich-making could take on an extra significance.

I make my sarnies every day too. It's not that I refuse to buy ready made sarnies, it does save you a lot of dosh over the month, and you can make equally decent sarnies for loads cheaper. There's a girl at our place that really has to think of where the next meal comes from as her and her partner are crap with money,  anyway, she'll not think twice about going to pay someone a fiver each day for her sarnies etc. Just don't see the logic....

Offline 5FTH

• <--
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: September 18, 2006, 03:29:01 pm »
Whats so mingebag about making your own sangers?

The sandwiches I make are a thousand times more tastey than the lifeless bland pieces of cardboard you get from the shops and are better value too! Even if they gave the sandwhiches away I would still make my own!

phil_j_420

« Reply #143 on: September 18, 2006, 03:33:06 pm »
Whats so mingebag about making your own sangers?

The sandwiches I make are a thousand times more tastey than the lifeless bland pieces of cardboard you get from the shops and are better value too! Even if they gave the sandwhiches away I would still make my own!

Not forgetting all the Crap that gets put into Ready Made Sandwiches in order to add flavour as cheaply as possible.  Home made ones are far more nutricious.

Offline XabiAlonsoXabi

• GoneBabyGone
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: September 18, 2006, 03:38:34 pm »
Me and a mate booked some flights on Saturday, came to £40.20p each, we done it on his credit card so I got the wallet out and passed him £40 in notes. He looked at me for ages and I was like "What the fuck you looking at?" and he goes "It was £40.20p" I say "Yeah, and?" he says "You've only given me £40" Couldn't fucking believe it. I only had something like 13p in change so he generously accepted that and seems to have let me off the other 7p. Friends eh?

Offline Maggie May

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: September 18, 2006, 03:49:36 pm »
I only had something like 13p in change so he generously accepted that and seems to have let me off the other 7p. Friends eh?

I wouldn't be so sure Xabi.   Not if he's a real mingebag he won't.  ;D

Offline byrnetred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We are men of Shankly's best...
« Reply #146 on: September 18, 2006, 04:04:30 pm »
Me and a mate booked some flights on Saturday, came to £40.20p each, we done it on his credit card so I got the wallet out and passed him £40 in notes. He looked at me for ages and I was like "What the fuck you looking at?" and he goes "It was £40.20p" I say "Yeah, and?" he says "You've only given me £40" Couldn't fucking believe it. I only had something like 13p in change so he generously accepted that and seems to have let me off the other 7p. Friends eh?
luckily my mates arnt like that...if one of them ever did that...there would be a serious bolloxing coming their way...
20p for fucks sake...
...i miss my scouse accent...

Offline Neil D

• The new Kop pin-up model. Met Momo in the ASDA.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: September 18, 2006, 04:24:01 pm »
luckily my mates arnt like that...if one of them ever did that...there would be a serious bolloxing coming their way...
20p for fucks sake...

Have you seen (or read) Dave Gorman's Googlewhack Adventure? That's 20 flights to Paris don't you know!

Offline Neil D

• The new Kop pin-up model. Met Momo in the ASDA.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: September 18, 2006, 04:34:03 pm »
Marseilles :wave

Clever-clogs. I only watched it on DVD again last week as well and I saw it live twice...

I've just got into Danny Wallace's stuff as well - what a pair of lunatics!
« Last Edit: September 18, 2006, 04:42:53 pm by Neil D »

Offline XabiAlonsoXabi

• GoneBabyGone
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: September 18, 2006, 05:02:14 pm »
I wouldn't be so sure Xabi.   Not if he's a real mingebag he won't.  ;D

Haha true! He'll probably knock round tonight and ask for it.

Offline Themask

• Main Stander
« Reply #150 on: September 18, 2006, 07:39:18 pm »
On the Birthday issue, coz me and my mates are usually low on funds, it makes sense that everyone buys the guy who's birthday it is a drink. It costs say 6 people only £2.50 each, but for one person to buy drinks for 6 people is £15, which is a fair chunk. Then the birthday money can be used solely by the birthday boy on himself to get him absolutely smashed, which is the way it should be on a birthday!

I don't really have any mates who are mingebags i don't think, all the 20 and 30p's work themselves out over the months, and any mingebag tendencies usually have valid reasons behind them. Plus one of our mates is rich and loves the fact, so insists on buying bottles of champagne for all of us on nights out after exam results or whatever, and is positively insulted if you try to slip him a fiver!

Only problem I've ever had to do with tightness is that one of my mates works in a shop that his dad owns. A couple of times when we've been in there and tried to buy a sandwich or whatever he usually lets us off paying, but this girl he knows went in there and took a tenners worth of stuff up to the counter and was positively shocked when he charged her, she didn't even have the money on her. This wasn't stuff she needed urgently, like lunch or a drink or something, it was like magazines and other stuff. My mate couldn't believe that she was trying to take advantage like that, and qualifies as severe mingebaggery.

Offline Maggie May

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: September 18, 2006, 10:36:25 pm »
Only problem I've ever had to do with tightness is that one of my mates works in a shop that his dad owns. A couple of times when we've been in there and tried to buy a sandwich or whatever he usually lets us off paying, but this girl he knows went in there and took a tenners worth of stuff up to the counter and was positively shocked when he charged her, she didn't even have the money on her. This wasn't stuff she needed urgently, like lunch or a drink or something, it was like magazines and other stuff. My mate couldn't believe that she was trying to take advantage like that, and qualifies as severe mingebaggery.

Oh dear.   Well, as they say "There's always one".    I don't mean to make light of it Mr Mask.   That was a foul thing for her to have done.   Total abuse of friendship.   

Offline Emlyn18

• Sorviodunum SU145305. Tossing over Pat Butcher or Barry Evans. Rhi's girlfriend.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bargin Booze. Making life richer for the pourer.
« Reply #152 on: September 18, 2006, 10:39:24 pm »

Cheeky bitch!
Emlyn, you were a very bad influence on my younger brother in Barcelona! I don't know what you gave him but he was a nuisance the entire day, have banned him from Eindhoven!  :missus

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: September 18, 2006, 10:43:15 pm »
“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline BlahBlah

• Kopite
  • Istanbul-head
« Reply #154 on: October 12, 2006, 09:37:43 am »
Common, more of these..... Some are Ace.

Offline Maggie May

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #155 on: October 18, 2006, 10:26:18 am »
Excessive scoffing of freebies.   

We've just come back from a mini hol.   On the plane the munchies are handed out - nothing special just a cheese and tomatoe wrap sort of thing.  Then the drinks.   I've got the window seat, Mr May next to me and a fella has the aisle seat, so he gets asked first and gets an orange juice.  Mr May and me ask for a beer (a half sized can of Heiniken).   This fella starts like he's been stung by a wasp.   "Beer!!!!  I didn't know you could get beer.   Can I have a beer then?"  (No please, natch).   Trolly Dolly points out he's got an orange juice.   "But I want a beer.   They've got beer."   So she gives him a beer.   He drinks both (gross).   Other Trolly Dolly's coming back with some wraps left over.  He stops her and takes two.   Drinks cart comes back.  He stops it.   "What else have you got.  Have you got any wine there".   Yes, they have, so he gets a glass of wine.   So he's just drunk orange, beer and wine in quick succession.  And is eating his third wrap.   He turns to Mr May, still chomping and announces "You've got to get it if its on offer haven't you?"   Mr May is too nauseated to respond.   Oh, and later he got two coffees as well.  Yak. 

Offline Armin

• Reformed RAWK Traitor
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm up on the pavement
  • Super Title: Keep off the Grass!
« Reply #156 on: October 18, 2006, 10:29:13 am »
Best thread in ages this one.

Well, I don't know what it is, but there's definitely something going on upstairs

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #157 on: October 18, 2006, 10:34:22 am »
Excessive scoffing of freebies.   

We've just come back from a mini hol.   On the plane the munchies are handed out - nothing special just a cheese and tomatoe wrap sort of thing.  Then the drinks.   I've got the window seat, Mr May next to me and a fella has the aisle seat, so he gets asked first and gets an orange juice.  Mr May and me ask for a beer (a half sized can of Heiniken).   This fella starts like he's been stung by a wasp.   "Beer!!!!  I didn't know you could get beer.   Can I have a beer then?"  (No please, natch).   Trolly Dolly points out he's got an orange juice.   "But I want a beer.   They've got beer."   So she gives him a beer.   He drinks both (gross).   Other Trolly Dolly's coming back with some wraps left over.  He stops her and takes two.   Drinks cart comes back.  He stops it.   "What else have you got.  Have you got any wine there".   Yes, they have, so he gets a glass of wine.   So he's just drunk orange, beer and wine in quick succession.  And is eating his third wrap.   He turns to Mr May, still chomping and announces "You've got to get it if its on offer haven't you?"   Mr May is too nauseated to respond.   Oh, and later he got two coffees as well.  Yak. 

Mr May should have offered him services of a sexual nature, just to see how far the philosophy of "You've got to get it if its on offer haven't you?" goes.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Dam

• Legacy Fan
  • Rush scored 1, Rush scored 2,...
« Reply #158 on: October 18, 2006, 10:40:56 am »
Total dick who works at the mrs workplace. This guy is as tight as fuck, in his 30s and still lives with his mum. No girlfriend. Never goes out and always complains about having no money. Earns more than all the others in the office too. If they go for a drink after work, he always hangs back so not to get a round in...and always leaves after 1 or 2 so as to avoid buying any at all. Very small office so can't get away from talking to the dickhead. Anyway, his mum makes his lunch for him. This one day he loudly announces that his mum has packed him a cuppa soup thats 2 years out of date! 'Oh, thanks mum.' he says sarcastically. 'But I'm starving,' he announces. Buy something then you tight c*nt. But no, instead he prepares the out of date cuppa soup and drinks it. Everyone laughs at him in disgust. He then 'discovers' another sachet in his lunchbox, but puts this one in the bin. In the paper bin though, and not the rubbish bin. Later on, you guessed it, he grabs the sachet back from the bin, makes the soup and drinks it.

Offline Maggie May

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: October 18, 2006, 10:50:44 am »
Oh and I forgot to mention brekkie in the hotel.   Four people.  English.  Middle aged.   There before we got there.   There when we left.   Eating continually.  And by Christ could they eat.  They shovelled away tons of the stuff.   Not satisfied with that, they stole food.   Hard boiled eggs, which one of their number hid in her handbag. 

Now as you know I am excessively fond of cats.   And the hotel had resident cats which strolled around freely, the hotel being their home, and there are loads of cats in Istanbul.   So I always go equipped with cat munchies.  So I'm slipping this cat a few munchies, when this woman announces at the top of her voice.  "Euuuuuurgh.    She's feeding a cat.   Disgusting."  Enraged and incensed, I screech in response "Not as disgusting as hiding eggs in your handbag  you robbing twat."  Mr May found it necessary to replenish his coffee at this point.  :-\