Author Topic: Tiger King  (Read 13072 times)

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Tiger King
« Reply #40 on: April 8, 2020, 12:48:16 pm »
I was intrigued by the "fish oil on the shoe" incident, and was hoping for a more detailed explanation as to who was behind it.

Yes. That was scary. He was lucky to make it out of there. And it was being filmed and all hands were watching  ;D

Offline PROPER crazyemlyn72

• is Android
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: April 8, 2020, 03:14:51 pm »
he had a few slaves, ahem "staff", that were decent. all the rest of them are horrible.

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #42 on: April 8, 2020, 04:25:45 pm »

Offline Lady_brandybuck

• Duchess of Crackers, Mermaid of the Caribbean Sea and Amazon goddess (Current Empress of Tenochtitlan)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Available for parties and dinners.
« Reply #43 on: April 8, 2020, 04:46:59 pm »
The only decent ones were the guy who launched the political campaign and probably the girl that lost her arm.
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies"

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #44 on: April 8, 2020, 05:00:37 pm »
The only decent ones were the guy who launched the political campaign

The campaign manager? I got the feeling he was putting it on a bit how he never liked him, because there were plenty of shots where he was laughing, joking and hugging him. If you don't like someone and just in it for the job then you don't really act like that.

Offline Lady_brandybuck

• Duchess of Crackers, Mermaid of the Caribbean Sea and Amazon goddess (Current Empress of Tenochtitlan)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: April 8, 2020, 05:23:43 pm »
The campaign manager? I got the feeling he was putting it on a bit how he never liked him, because there were plenty of shots where he was laughing, joking and hugging him. If you don't like someone and just in it for the job then you don't really act like that.

Maybe it was because of what happened with Travis. But who knows? maybe none of them are actually decent to be fair, too many plot twists in this show.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: April 8, 2020, 05:29:26 pm »
From a right despicable bunch, that Carole Baskin is the worst of the lot - everyone of her staff were "volunteers" - she basically conned people into giving her free labour. She's a proper scheming horrible bitch.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #47 on: April 9, 2020, 02:28:15 am »
WTF. Even though Trump has no idea who he is, who asks that question during a pandemic?

Variety@Variety
Donald Trump says he will "take a look" into pardoning #TigerKing star Joe Exotic
https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/donald-trump-tiger-king-joe-exotic-pardoning-1234575421/amp/?

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: April 9, 2020, 11:40:05 am »
If he pardons him Dems should make him a candidate and win the election by a landslide.

Online Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: April 9, 2020, 11:42:33 am »
The only decent ones were the guy who launched the political campaign and probably the girl that lost her arm.

All the staff seemed alright. Erick Cowie was just a dude who wanted a job and cared for the cats (although not one for workspace safety). And the guy with no legs was alright, just a bit odd.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: April 9, 2020, 11:52:09 am »
If he pardons him Dems should make him a candidate and win the election by a landslide.

He can call on his previous experience  ;D

Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: April 9, 2020, 02:22:12 pm »
That James Garretson guy is clearly Proposition Joe in whiteface.
« Last Edit: April 9, 2020, 11:59:36 pm by GreatEx »

Offline Lfc19ynwa

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: April 9, 2020, 02:24:59 pm »
How on earth did Carole Baskin get away with having the will Of her millionaire husband changed to include the term in case of my death or disappearance  ?? 

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: April 9, 2020, 03:05:30 pm »
He can call on his previous experience  ;D

the ‘im broke as shit’ line in that video always cracks him up

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #54 on: April 9, 2020, 05:31:20 pm »
I thought I read somewhere there was going to be a stand alone episode with the latest shenanigans

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #55 on: April 9, 2020, 10:14:47 pm »
The most American thing I’ve ever watched.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: April 9, 2020, 10:14:56 pm »
I thought I read somewhere there was going to be a stand alone episode with the latest shenanigans
yeah it’s meant to be out next week

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: April 9, 2020, 10:18:02 pm »
Spoiler
Agreed that Carole Baskin was the fucking worst; Exotic was totally open about being a gun-totin' gay redneck mentalist, whereas she dons her stupid fucking hippie dresses and cons people into volunteering for a supposed "sanctuary" while making millions keeping big cats isolated in tiny cages. I wish Allen had gone through with it. Get her twat husband too.
[close]

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #58 on: April 9, 2020, 10:46:08 pm »
I dare Trump to give him a pardon and start a public enquiry into Carole Baskin

Offline Lady_brandybuck

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: April 10, 2020, 07:26:39 pm »

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #60 on: April 10, 2020, 07:28:08 pm »
Have just started this, but I love the crazy cat lady... She's hilarious... :lmao

Offline Kopstar

• Anny Roader
  • I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.
« Reply #61 on: April 10, 2020, 07:31:33 pm »
Astonishing. Couldn't actually make a more unbelievable fictional series. I love it!
"In this country, you gotta make the money first. Then when you get the money, you get the power. Then when you get the power, then you get the women."

Offline oxenstierna

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: April 10, 2020, 09:43:49 pm »
Its the most bizarre thing I’ve ever seen, but I’m hooked  :lmao if America was a person it would be Joe Exotic (but straight)

Im also sure Carole was involved in her husbands death, she’s fake as fuck

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #63 on: April 10, 2020, 10:02:23 pm »
Have just started this, but I love the crazy cat lady... She's hilarious... :lmao

Can’t wait for your next post after you’ve watched a few episodes!

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #64 on: April 11, 2020, 12:15:34 am »
Holy shit... Just finished the last episode and that is one of the most bizarre thing's I've ever watched. Every single person in this except for that federal agent is so fucked in their head it's insane. That said, it's a shame that only Joe Exotic is in jail (and he deserves to be there). The whole cast is just a bunch of smackheads and/or con artists.

I'd also say that out of those animal owners he seems to be the one who's most "honest". Going by the bit towards the end of the final episode he got into it for the right reasons and as someone put it, he loved the animals. It just seems that over time he just got crazier and crazier. However, in a way that's just who he is. It's different with the crazy cat lady and the guru guy. They're just in it to con people and get what they want (fucking young women for the guru and making more money while petting cats for the crazy cat lady) and they know full well what they're doing. Joe Exotic just seems like a dumb motherfucker.

As for the decent people in it, I'd go with Reinke the manager. He seemed like a decent fella in the final episodes. I have to admit though, that I didn't really pay attention to him in the beginning and he was part of that insane internet-show Joe Exotic did. I liked the statement by the campaign manager, how the money would have been better spent saving those cats in their natural habitat, but other than that he came across as a bit of a twat as well. The girl who lost her arm seemed likeable. Best line was by the head keeper or what he was, when asked about how many wives that Guru guy has. "I don't fucking care..."

Can’t wait for your next post after you’ve watched a few episodes!

I stand by what I said about her in that first episode, because it's still hilarious how she is so obsessed with cats and claims to do everything to protect them, when she's basically running the same business as the other guys without the cub petting, but with added slave labour. Especially, the whole tier system with the different shirt colours. It's like a cult where people are proud that they're working for her for free for a shitload of years... That said, she's fucking annoying and every time she or her trophy husband were on screen it was like fingernails on a blackboard. Especially, when she was giggling like an idiot. And call me crazy, but that giggle seems also like a tell whenever she's trying to make something sound outrageous despite it being exactly what happened... ;)

€dit: Oh and it doesn't surprise me that Donald Trump Jr watched this and his first thought was "Wow, I can get a tiger for 3000 dollars". He seems to fit right in with that bunch of wannabe business men and con artists...
« Last Edit: April 11, 2020, 12:24:41 am by stoa »

Offline oxenstierna

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: April 11, 2020, 12:58:54 am »
The more limbs you were missing the more sensible you got in this it seemed.

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #66 on: April 11, 2020, 09:38:45 pm »
The more limbs you were missing the more sensible you got in this it seemed.

:D, correct

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: April 12, 2020, 09:06:53 am »
New episode is available. Seems to be an after show type thing with some of those involved to get their reaction to the series rather than anything juicy, but I've not watched yet.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Ziltoid

• Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #68 on: April 12, 2020, 02:23:03 pm »
Really good, some eye opening stuff.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: April 12, 2020, 09:09:36 pm »
Watched the first two episodes and fucking hell Florida needs cutting out from the rest of America.

Absolutely batshit crazy the lot of them.

Offline Lady_brandybuck

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: April 12, 2020, 09:38:25 pm »
Watched the first two episodes and fucking hell Florida needs cutting out from the rest of America.

Absolutely batshit crazy the lot of them.

What about Oklahoma?

Offline Garrus

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: April 13, 2020, 03:13:48 pm »
That stat at the end about there being possibly nearly twice as many tigers in captivity in the US as those living wild is both sad and mind boggling.   :butt

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: April 13, 2020, 03:50:56 pm »
Holy shit... Just finished the last episode and that is one of the most bizarre thing's I've ever watched. Every single person in this except for that federal agent is so fucked in their head it's insane. That said, it's a shame that only Joe Exotic is in jail (and he deserves to be there). The whole cast is just a bunch of smackheads and/or con artists.

I'd also say that out of those animal owners he seems to be the one who's most "honest". Going by the bit towards the end of the final episode he got into it for the right reasons and as someone put it, he loved the animals. It just seems that over time he just got crazier and crazier. However, in a way that's just who he is. It's different with the crazy cat lady and the guru guy. They're just in it to con people and get what they want (fucking young women for the guru and making more money while petting cats for the crazy cat lady) and they know full well what they're doing. Joe Exotic just seems like a dumb motherfucker.
It's hard to say with Joe because we don't really see him from the very start. From what we saw he was in it for the fame and to be a personality. His relationships seemed abusive and  exploitive and based around his little position of power too.

The murder for hire charge seems flimsy to me but maybe he was that stupid. And I don't think you should be allowed to say the things he was saying about Baskin, shooting dummies of her etc, either.

Doc Antle's little cult scared me more than anything, just because we only got a glimpse of it.

I don't even think Baskin was that bad. The whole business of charities directed by multi millionaires being propped up by volunteers whose labour is exploited is fucked up for sure. And you wonder if she could survive if there wasn't cats to 'rescue'. But whole private zoo and breeding them for cub petting is 1000x more evil. Doubt she's a murderer personally. Her husband seemed like he was into dodgy shit so fuck knows what happened there.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2020, 03:58:19 pm by Bakez0151 »

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: April 13, 2020, 03:55:23 pm »
It's mad anyone could say Carole was the worst

Did people seriously not see the Doc Antle cult bit??? He's a psychopath

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: April 13, 2020, 07:45:53 pm »
It's mad anyone could say Carole was the worst

Did people seriously not see the Doc Antle cult bit??? He's a psychopath

Sorry but just no.
He's a psycho, he built a cult but he also paid his staff at least some actual money, not coloured t-shirts and badges.
She has also built a cult and milked those poor bastards slaving for her for everything they have.
In my eyes she's much worse because her mask was that of animal right activist with a majestic holier than thou facade.

That woman is creepy and disgusting.
Other are too, but she made my skin crawl every time she was on the screen.

Online Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: April 13, 2020, 08:04:06 pm »
Sorry but just no.
He's a psycho, he built a cult but he also paid his staff at least some actual money, not coloured t-shirts and badges.
She has also built a cult and milked those poor bastards slaving for her for everything they have.
In my eyes she's much worse because her mask was that of animal right activist with a majestic holier than thou facade.

Doc is the worst because he built a manipulative, abusive sex cult.

But Carole is a close second; at best a fraudulent hypocritical con artist who manipulated her husband's Will and exploits her workforce. At worst she is all that, and a murderer. All while painting herself as Tiger Jesus.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: April 13, 2020, 08:15:35 pm »
As Zlen says, Carole is the worst. This is from the website on being a volunteer. Points 4 and 5, expected to work in the gift shop for two months and be a tour guide and you do this for FREE..

1.  Can I devote no less than 4 hours, every week? No excuses;  every single week?

2.  Can I be at the sanctuary to clean at 8:30 am on my volunteer days? Not 8:45, but 8:30 on the dot, EVERY day I volunteer.

3.  Will I be happy to work in the rain, mosquitos, 90 degree heat or freezing rain? The cats have to be cleaned and fed every single day; regardless of the weather.

4.  Am I willing to spend 2 months working in the Gift Shop before I get to work around the cats? We use this time to make sure you can follow directions.

5.  Can I lead tours and do public speaking? All animal keepers must be good tour guides and have great people skills as well as animal skills.

https://bigcatrescue.org/get-involved/volunteer/

I looked at the admission prices, you cannot wander about, you have to take a 1.5 hour tour which costs $49 each ($34 for kids) and I bet most of that is bombarding you with attempts to get you to donate.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: April 13, 2020, 08:20:15 pm »
Sorry but just no.

Did you miss the part about some of the girls being underage (or borderline, depending where you live) when he picks them up. Who knows what other shit that creep gets up to.

Offline rebel23

• Rebel without a cause
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: April 13, 2020, 08:23:36 pm »
Watched the first two episodes but can't be arsed watching the rest. 

Looking forward to Peaky Blinders season 5 which goes on Netflix in a couple of days

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: April 13, 2020, 08:25:31 pm »
Also I can't remember the exact figures but both Joe and Doc employed people (or their wives) they exploited who were paid a pittance and didn't have much in the way of an option to leave - in Joe's case he going off the doc he seemed to target people who had no other prospects. Don't think the little wages they received count for much myself. All exploited
« Last Edit: April 13, 2020, 08:32:08 pm by Bakez0151 »