Author Topic: Re: Brendan Rodgers to remain at LFC - pointless speculation in here please...  (Read 175031 times)

Offline L666KOP

• Wants everyone to fuck off. Especially you. Yes YOU! Too Tender for Tinder. Would swallow his knob on a genuine fuck up.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Re: Brendan Rodgers to remain at LFC after positive talks with owners
« Reply #840 on: June 4, 2015, 08:53:19 pm »
Some journalists say they are his signings and some say they are not. Then again according to Tony Evans, Rodgers thinks Sakho and Mignolet and Can are shite

The implication is that he's not doing it anymore.

Have a read if you do twitter, it was a conversation he was having with our own Royhendo.
 :)
13mins - Bournemouth have gone home. Utd kicked off anyway. Still 0-0 as Smalling passes it back to De Gea.

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #841 on: June 4, 2015, 08:57:13 pm »

Have a read if you do twitter, it was a conversation he was having with our own Royhendo.

Could be the improvements talked about.. Rodgers getting little input in transfers bar telling them what type of player he wants and for what position.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #842 on: June 4, 2015, 08:58:04 pm »

I dont believe Evans. I dont know the guy and it may be harsh but i believe he has an axe to grind and will make the owners and this committee which we have made a big deal of look as bad as possible. Examples include the way he has spoken about the managers appreciation of Sakho, Mignolet and Can.

Several reliable journalists has said Rodgers has chosen these targets. They also appear to be players he would want.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #843 on: June 4, 2015, 08:59:38 pm »

Doubt anyone knows what the structure is, plus Evans has never been Rodgers/FSG biggest supporter.

Offline L666KOP

• Wants everyone to fuck off. Especially you. Yes YOU! Too Tender for Tinder. Would swallow his knob on a genuine fuck up.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #844 on: June 4, 2015, 09:02:48 pm »
Could be the improvements talked about.. Rodgers getting little input in transfers bar telling them what type of player he wants and for what position.

Possibly mate.

I don't do it myself, I was sent a screenshot via PM.

The balance of power has shifted since last summer, perhaps they've taken advantage ?

I don't suppose we'll ever know, but if ever FSG ever needed an opportunity to wrestle back power then last season provided them the leverage.
13mins - Bournemouth have gone home. Utd kicked off anyway. Still 0-0 as Smalling passes it back to De Gea.

Offline Easy

• Sunday Mornin Tiger
  • Kopite
« Reply #845 on: June 4, 2015, 09:12:23 pm »
Or maybe he (Klopp) actually wants a rest? I know it's hard to believe but sometimes people actually mean what they say.

I keep thinking my wife means what she says too. When she wants a "rest" she actually means I need to do more around the house. Tricksy, see?

Online Haggis36

• purveyor of better gifs than trendisnotdestiny
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #846 on: June 4, 2015, 09:13:07 pm »
Possibly mate.

I don't do it myself, I was sent a screenshot via PM.

The balance of power has shifted since last summer, perhaps they've taken advantage ?

I don't suppose we'll ever know, but if ever FSG ever needed an opportunity to wrestle back power then last season provided them the leverage.

Begs the question of why target the likes of Milner and Benteke, though. On the face of it they seem far more Rodgers signings than FSG ones.

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #847 on: June 4, 2015, 09:27:14 pm »
Begs the question of why target the likes of Milner and Benteke, though. On the face of it they seem far more Rodgers signings than FSG ones.
p
Milner transcends either I think, ticks a lot of boxes.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #848 on: June 4, 2015, 09:42:15 pm »
Temporary seat holder for Klopp. 

shame you are not temporary  in Rawk, i am beginning to think there must be some wormhole in Rawk that's letting in all these trolls, pricks, and handjobs these days. sadly you're just one of far too many .
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline L666KOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #849 on: June 4, 2015, 10:07:47 pm »

Have a look mate.
It looks at face value like Benteke is NOT a Brendan pick.

Thought someone would have copied it over to be honest, seeing as it's a convo with Royhendo.

I suppose you can read what you want depending on your own personal standpoint.

Online lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #850 on: June 4, 2015, 10:14:07 pm »
Benteke doesn't make any sense as a committee signing, surely
they would source Cheaper, better options in Germany or Spain?
We know some of the names already?
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline L666KOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #851 on: June 4, 2015, 10:19:35 pm »
Benteke doesn't make any sense as a committee signing, surely
they would source Cheaper, better options in Germany or Spain?
We know some of the names already?

Just about to hit peak age wise.
Good numbers over last 2-3 years.
Won't command massive wages.

Offline harryc

• ane ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live in a Red and a White Kop
« Reply #852 on: June 4, 2015, 10:19:54 pm »
Of course Benteke is a Rodgers pick just like he wanted Bony last year. As is Milner

Next people will be saying he never wanted Lovren and Lallana.

Offline Johns_Barn

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
I think the general consensus is that first season he inherited a steaming pile of crap and that by the third season he had spent enough to fund a trip to the moon (and back).

I thought he played some excellent stuff second half of the first season. I dont get the terrible first stuff at all. IIRC he was easily on 2ppg and remember thinking, if he can pick up where he'd left off we'd be flying the second season.

Offline walshys_mullet

• Aka walshys_mullet. Thinks manager is a coward. Only posts in match threads every other week due to rotation. We suspect this is John Aldridge or Andy Gray posting under a pseudonym.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #854 on: June 4, 2015, 10:24:04 pm »
Interesting tweets from not Brian kettle I thought...

@briankettle: Red Sox payroll: Highest paid gets £240K/week. Eight get £150K/wk+. Annual revenue £177m. #LFC revenue £255m. http://t.co/TAqw6ydZS9

@briankettle: UPDATED: Red Sox revenue (Forbes) = £240m http://t.co/aYNMUQcPDV . #LFC revenue (http://t.co/VabmEiFWU2) £255m  http://t.co/xyh3yQk6Vw

@briankettle: It is correct to point out that baseball teams do not have to pay transfer fees.
Similarly, they do not receive transfer fees.

@briankettle: The £100K/wk supposedly offered to Raheem Sterling would make him the 10th biggest earner on the Red Sox roster. Just below "Koji Uehara".
"If you're in the penalty area and don't know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we'll discuss the options later."

The Great 'Should have been Sir' Bob Paisley

Online Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Brendan Rodgers to remain at LFC after positive talks with owners
« Reply #855 on: June 4, 2015, 10:27:02 pm »
Decent closer, is Koji.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #856 on: June 4, 2015, 10:31:38 pm »

@briankettle: Red Sox payroll: Highest paid gets £240K/week. Eight get £150K/wk+. Annual revenue £177m. #LFC revenue £255m. http://t.co/TAqw6ydZS9

@briankettle: UPDATED: Red Sox revenue (Forbes) = £240m http://t.co/aYNMUQcPDV . #LFC revenue (http://t.co/VabmEiFWU2) £255m  http://t.co/xyh3yQk6Vw

@briankettle: It is correct to point out that baseball teams do not have to pay transfer fees.

@briankettle: The £100K/wk supposedly offered to Raheem Sterling would make him the 10th biggest earner on the Red Sox roster. Just below "Koji Uehara".

What's that got to do with Rodgers? Or anything else. Two completely different business models in two completely different countries.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #857 on: June 4, 2015, 10:32:10 pm »

What has that got to do with anything at all?

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #858 on: June 4, 2015, 10:35:43 pm »
Just about to hit peak age wise.
Good numbers over last 2-3 years.
Won't command massive wages.

Depends who you believe. Joyce and several other reliable journalists have said Rodgers is choosing these players.

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #859 on: June 4, 2015, 10:36:01 pm »
Red Sox revenue matches ours? Thats pretty amazing based on the supposed level of interests of the two sports and teams.
They sell a lot of burgers.
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
« Reply #860 on: June 4, 2015, 10:36:02 pm »
Red Sox revenue matches ours? Thats pretty amazing based on the supposed level of interests of the two sports and teams.
I thought that was strange, I had this idea that the baseball outfit was much bigger than us in term of revenue and that was one of the reasons why we feel like an after thought in Henry and FSG`s dealings.

Offline walshys_mullet

• Aka walshys_mullet. Thinks manager is a coward. Only posts in match threads every other week due to rotation. We suspect this is John Aldridge or Andy Gray posting under a pseudonym.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #861 on: June 4, 2015, 10:36:28 pm »
What's that got to do with Rodgers? Or anything else. Two completely different business models in two completely different countries.

It's got to do with the owners. What they are prepared to pay their staff. Obviously it will have repercussions on whoever is in charge.

So Rodgers might only have Milner, Sturridge in the top bracket for example.
"If you're in the penalty area and don't know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we'll discuss the options later."

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #862 on: June 4, 2015, 10:36:57 pm »
I thought that was strange, I had this idea that the baseball outfit was much bigger than us in term of revenue and that was one of the reasons why we feel like an after thought in Henry and FSG`s dealings.

I thought they would earn fuck all compared to us.

Offline walshys_mullet

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #863 on: June 4, 2015, 10:38:21 pm »
Well? Don't you all want Rodgers to succeed? If he's here and in then he needs the tools to do the job, the best tools we can get, which means bigger salaries to attract better players.

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #864 on: June 4, 2015, 10:38:31 pm »
I thought they would earn fuck all compared to us.
I`ve no idea about American sports mate, just thought it would be bigger revenues when you hear about Red Sox paying players £100`s of millions in wages.

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #865 on: June 4, 2015, 10:39:29 pm »
Well? Don't you all want Rodgers to succeed? If he's here and in then he needs the tools to do the job, the best tools we can get, which means bigger salaries to attract better players.
Do you want Rodgers to succeed?

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #866 on: June 4, 2015, 10:46:22 pm »
It's got to do with the owners. What they are prepared to pay their staff. Obviously it will have repercussions on whoever is in charge.

So Rodgers might only have Milner, Sturridge in the top bracket for example.

That's an idiotic way to look at things though.

The two businesses are not comparable at all, not only due to the structure of contracts in baseball and the way transfers are handled, but because there sheer difference in costs involved.

Offline walshys_mullet

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #867 on: June 4, 2015, 10:48:25 pm »
Do you want Rodgers to succeed?

Of course I do he's been given the reigns again.

Offline L666KOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #868 on: June 4, 2015, 10:49:22 pm »
Depends who you believe. Joyce and several other reliable journalists have said Rodgers is choosing these players.

Which is what I said in an earlier post.

But I can prove any player could be either a Brendan, or a TC choice. I guess after last season the 'pot stirrers' will say Brendan has had his wings clipped, and those that are still on Brendan's side will claim that Benteke is clearly a Rodgers signing.

Offline walshys_mullet

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #869 on: June 4, 2015, 10:49:57 pm »
That's an idiotic way to look at things though.

The two businesses are not comparable at all, not only due to the structure of contracts in baseball and the way transfers are handled, but because there sheer difference in costs involved.

Funny because people were telling me in this thread the other day that baseball and football is comparable because of fsgs processes and running of both.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #870 on: June 4, 2015, 10:51:09 pm »
This thread has an appropriate title and it certainly doesn't say speculate about Klopp :)

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #871 on: June 4, 2015, 10:58:15 pm »
Funny because people were telling me in this thread the other day that baseball and football is comparable because of fsgs processes and running of both.

From the links in those tweets...

Of the 22 players Red Sox pay (according to that list), 8 of them are on less than £7,500 a week, with 4 of those being on under £6,800 a week.

So of our 22 man squad should we have 8 of them on that much? What level of player do you think we'd get for that?

Of the remaining 14 players, a further 4 of them are on less than £30k a week and another on £45k. So that would include 2 starting players presumably for us. You think those players would be from a decent selection for that amount?

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #872 on: June 4, 2015, 11:00:44 pm »
They also play more than one game a week anyone factored in gate receipts?
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline walshys_mullet

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #873 on: June 4, 2015, 11:00:54 pm »
From the links in those tweets...

Of the 22 players Red Sox pay (according to that list), 8 of them are on less than £7,500 a week, with 4 of those being on under £6,800 a week.

So of our 22 man squad should we have 8 of them on that much? What level of player do you think we'd get for that?

Of the remaining 14 players, a further 4 of them are on less than £30k a week and another on £45k. So that would include 2 starting players presumably for us. You think those players would be from a decent selection for that amount?

We don't need a 22 man squad of players on big wages though do we? Our problem has been quantity of quality too many times anyway.

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #874 on: June 4, 2015, 11:02:46 pm »
Also, their wages to revenue is £108.5m from £241m, so approx 45%.

Ours is approx 56% of revenue.

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #875 on: June 4, 2015, 11:04:57 pm »
We don't need a 22 man squad of players on big wages though do we? Our problem has been quantity of quality too many times anyway.

We need at least 18 players, and even if some are kids they will be on over £6k a week, and if not they will be after a handful of games (see both Sterlings first contract and Ibe's for evidence of this).

You honestly think we'd have a competitive squad with everyone beyond the best 14 players on less than £30k a week?

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #876 on: June 4, 2015, 11:05:29 pm »
baseball also had 81 home games

Offline L666KOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #877 on: June 4, 2015, 11:07:56 pm »
This is such a none debate.

Walshy, quit while your behind mate.

This is so one sided you'll need Red Adair to put the fire out.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #878 on: June 4, 2015, 11:16:01 pm »
baseball also had 81 home games

No wonder. Imagine watching 81 rounders matches a year? No offence to people who like rounders on here.

Offline Johns_Barn

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
Less of the gangsta talk Bro!

i will though explain why your attitude as in your style of posting is very juvenile, we have always backed our proper managers ( gets rid of the Roy comparison shite) in this club until their position was clearly untenanable Rodgers is not at that stage and hopefully never will be so right now we back him as always this doesnt make me this oh so childish term of superfan as you put, it makes me a supporter of this club with the old traditions, and ethics still in tact.

Now it is clear some of you young turks with more fingers than braincells have typed negative and down right offensive shit about Rodgers or anyone who supports him and are pissed off that he is still here, but posting these shit posts doesnt make you some kind of real fan it makes the rest of us decide you all must be stupid pricks.

Never in the last few decades have people calling the manager and players C***s or Pricks and worse has ever improved the team on the pitch all it does is inflate the ego of some weird poster who thinks its macho and  clever to call any chosen players C***s and makes him feel like some gangsta in here.

Here's a thing you can criticise without the need for abuse, you can positively and constructively criticise the shame is most of you lot are incapable of doing this and prefer one line abuse, conjecture and pure bullshit instead.

So maybe it is you lot with your heads in the sand the rest of us know what works for this club in the past and will work right now which is backing the manager and not hoping he fails so you can say i was right.

One day you might learn this but i wont hold my breath.

So Bro reply if you wish i am done with you as you are incapable of having an adult discussion it seems:

You've been a complete and utter weapon throughout these end of season conversations. To call my jokey tone 'gangster' is incredibly misguided and ill-thought out. You don't seem big on self awareness either to call people juvenile given the shite you've written^. I've never once criticised Brendan personally or his physical appearance or his family members. I think the people that do that kind of thing need mental help. Then again I just don't get twitter. Every criticism has been constructive where I've said exactly the what the footballing matters were that I am unhappy with. Funny thing is I've spent 2.5 years arguing hard with my uncle that has never rated him from the get go. It was the post united capitulation that finally made me think, he isn't the man. I would love dearly to be proved wrong; that's one beautiful things we like about this game, when someone transcends and you witness something special.

If we were still after lively quick forwards that kept opposition defenders guessing and always on the turn a la season 2 then then I'd be super excited but it appears not. I don't think we have the top draw technical players for 4-2-3-1. The forecast is stodgy. Whether you like it or not, I've a right to my opinion (positive or negative), which hasn't included telling others to seriously fuck off, or suggested low I.Q scores of those with opposing views, or called anyone out as being a prick. How you've lined me up with those that use one line abusive posts against the club/manager/players or calling them c*nts/pricks is baffling (unless you have me genuinely confused). It's the tone of posts like yours that will be what drives a wedge between fans next season, so keep it constructive or wind your neck in.