Author Topic: I got a 'caution' on the train......  (Read 14136 times)

Offline nicholasanthony

• RAWK Australian cricket correspondent & 2014 AFL tipping champion of the World
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: I got a 'caution' on the train......
« Reply #80 on: November 9, 2009, 12:40:28 pm »
I have had a $180 for having my feet on the seat in a train. Real badass

Offline LFC on tour

• Lawn Mower.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81 on: November 9, 2009, 02:34:47 pm »
Proper jobsworth c*nts that work on the trains.

Might get a sound one now and then, but most of em were bullied at school.

I don't see them enforcing the law when it's 4 smackheads from huyton smoking a spliff.

Offline Perkins

• Legacy Fan
  • Prepare to be Skrtelised
« Reply #82 on: November 9, 2009, 06:39:49 pm »
Proper jobsworth c*nts that work on the trains.

Might get a sound one now and then, but most of em were bullied at school.

I don't see them enforcing the law when it's 4 smackheads from huyton smoking a spliff.

Its the consistency, or lack of it that annoys me too.
To avoid murdering each other, you'll have to keep yourselves anaesthetised with DVD boxsets and the occasional holiday. Life partner? Joy thief, more like

Offline gray19lfc

• Would like a McFly hairstyle
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm, there's a golden sky ★★★★★★
« Reply #83 on: April 18, 2019, 04:34:57 pm »
Got stung on the train into town last night for having my foot on the frame of the seat opposite. Must have been there for less than 5 seconds before I was getting interviewed and having my rights read to me by two “Enforcement Officers”.  No verbal warning, just straight into a caution and told to expect a letter in the post, which I assume will include a £50 fine.

Not an excuse but my feet weren’t even on the cushion part of the seat, they were on the metal frame.  Common sense gone out the window, when I can’t put my dog shit free trabs on a poece of metal but it’s OK to eat and drink and have pets on board.

Offline keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #84 on: April 18, 2019, 05:49:07 pm »
Got stung on the train into town last night for having my foot on the frame of the seat opposite. Must have been there for less than 5 seconds before I was getting interviewed and having my rights read to me by two “Enforcement Officers”.  No verbal warning, just straight into a caution and told to expect a letter in the post, which I assume will include a £50 fine.

Not an excuse but my feet weren’t even on the cushion part of the seat, they were on the metal frame.  Common sense gone out the window, when I can’t put my dog shit free trabs on a poece of metal but it’s OK to eat and drink and have pets on board.
Ridiculous. I hope you’re going to challenge it? Which company was it?
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Online BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: April 19, 2019, 10:31:46 am »
....for having my feet on the seat opposite!

Yesterday, coming home from having passed my driving theory test so was in a good mood.  On quite an empty train as it was around midday, I sat there with my feet on the seat in front of me as I had 5 seats to myself. 

Sitting there listening to my Ipod, a few ticket inspectors come along.  I show one my ticket.  His mate obviously tells another that my feet are on the seat as the older one comes over to me with his pad out and tells me that he's going to have to caution me.  I nearly laughed.  He then pointed to a sign behind me which I still didn't look at.

He then took my details down on his little pad, phoned someone to check it was all correct, and said I'd be getting a letter which would probably be a warning.  He said if I don't reply I'll probably get a fine.

Apprently I committed an offence of a by-law or something.

OK it's not the nicest thing having to sit on a seat after someone has had their feet on it, but come on, how many people do it?  It's not like I had filthy trainers on (I know that's not the point).

I just think it's quite pathetic that they're going round giving cautions out for things like that when so much is wrong and there's so much they can improve with public transport.
Hanging is too good for the likes of you    ;)

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #86 on: April 19, 2019, 11:20:47 am »
Hang on, when they say caution, do they mean a private warning from the company, or something criminal that would flag up on DBS/visa stuff?

Imagine, having a stain on your record that could damage or even put the kibosh on your career aspirations (mine spring to mind personally) for putting a foot on a seat.

I don't think I've ever heard something so draconian. A private fine, ok, but a criminal sanction? Ludirous. 
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #87 on: April 19, 2019, 06:49:44 pm »
Why would you ever give them your real details ?
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline L8Craig

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: April 19, 2019, 09:46:01 pm »
It’ll be a fine then if you don’t end paying it it could eventually go to court. Seen some £2 tickets end up at £400 in court.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #89 on: April 19, 2019, 10:04:07 pm »
Why would you ever give them your real details ?

On my train company they verify your details while you’re on the train. I’ve seen people end up being arrested because they tried giving false details. With mobiles and computer checks it’s harder to get away with giving false details.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: April 19, 2019, 11:18:25 pm »
On my train company they verify your details while you’re on the train. I’ve seen people end up being arrested because they tried giving false details. With mobiles and computer checks it’s harder to get away with giving false details.

Trick is not to give false details,just don't give them your details.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #91 on: April 20, 2019, 08:25:42 am »
Won't someone think of the selfish dickheads :(

Poor little mites. It's all just so unfair.

Or you could try not being a twat.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #92 on: April 20, 2019, 08:52:15 am »
Hang on, when they say caution, do they mean a private warning from the company, or something criminal that would flag up on DBS/visa stuff?

Imagine, having a stain on your record that could damage or even put the kibosh on your career aspirations (mine spring to mind personally) for putting a foot on a seat.

I don't think I've ever heard something so draconian. A private fine, ok, but a criminal sanction? Ludirous. 

Yep it's an official caution and appears on your criminal record.

https://www.devonlive.com/news/uk-world-news/feet-bus-train-seat-50-2260596

Fecal matter is all over the street - why should someone have to sit on shit because you're so selfish that you can't be arsed following the rules and keeping your feet on the floor? Surely not too much to ask to get people not to be massively selfish arseholes?

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline DHKopper

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #93 on: April 20, 2019, 08:59:49 am »
Criminal record for putting you foot on a seat, this country has gone mad.  Some of the shit people do on a daily basis and get away with is far worse.  Surely a warning for a first offense then a fine for any re-occurrence would be a fairer way to deal with this?

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #94 on: April 20, 2019, 09:04:22 am »
Criminal record for putting you foot on a seat, this country has gone mad.  Some of the shit people do on a daily basis and get away with is far worse.  Surely a warning for a first offense then a fine for any re-occurrence would be a fairer way to deal with this?

Why do you think that? You don't think it's massively selfish to put your feet on the seat?

Put it this way, let's say you were meeting a girl and went to her parents house. Would you stick your boots on their sofa? If not then why not?

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #95 on: April 20, 2019, 10:30:25 am »
Why do you think that? You don't think it's massively selfish to put your feet on the seat?

Put it this way, let's say you were meeting a girl and went to her parents house. Would you stick your boots on their sofa? If not then why not?

Andy you're advocating a criminal record for an act of selfishness? A potentially career ending blot for "selfish" is absolutely ridiculous.

Get a grip you bloody jobsworth.

Offline DHKopper

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #96 on: April 20, 2019, 10:35:30 am »

Would you get a criminal record for putting your feet up on a couch at a potential shags parents house?

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #97 on: April 20, 2019, 10:42:50 am »
Andy you're advocating a criminal record for an act of selfishness? A potentially career ending blot for "selfish" is absolutely ridiculous.

Get a grip you bloody jobsworth.

I'm not advocating anything pal. Thems the rules. I don't make 'em.

If you don't want a criminal record then don't act like a selfish blert. Seems a bit of a no-brainer to me. A criminal record is so easy to avoid isn't it?

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #98 on: April 20, 2019, 10:52:39 am »

If you don't want a criminal record then don't act like a selfish blert. Seems a bit of a no-brainer to me. A criminal record is so easy to avoid isn't it?
Not if it's for such a menial thing.
Warning first; then a fine.
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #99 on: April 20, 2019, 11:00:45 am »
Not if it's for such a menial thing.
Warning first; then a fine.

Maybe it's an age thing mate. My mum brought me up to be respectful to people. I would never dream of putting my dirty boots on a train seat.

Not sure of the age of people that think it's OK, nor how they were brought up.

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: April 20, 2019, 11:38:25 am »
Merseyrail is well known for draconian enforcement of its by-laws.  The signage also clearly states, "do not put feet on seats or seat frames."

Merseyrail employs a team of officers who enforce railway by-laws relating to placing feet on seats, travelling without tickets, and other aspects of anti-social behaviour. The enforcement of the 'feet on seat' by-law by Merseyrail was judged to be "draconian"[46] in September 2007; however, Merseyrail stated that it did not want to take offenders to court, but was not allowed to fine offenders otherwise (unlike people who smoke on trains or station platforms).[47] Merseyrail is the only UK train operator to take such a vigorous approach, a stand which Merseyrail claims has proved very popular with commuters and has reduced anti-social behaviour on the system.[48]

I once saw a guy with his young daughter and she had her feet on the seats opposite (could barely reach them mind, bless her).  Guard wrote something on his pad and passed it to the dad.  I like to think it was just a note politely asking him to get his kid's feet down; in the end she used her suitcase instead.

When my friend visited from the states and we were on the train I had to tell her to get her feet down.  She didn't understand the fuss (I hadn't noticed at first and when I did I was mortified), but I assured her I wasn't kidding and they would fine her ass if she didn't get them down.

That said I've seen a couple of people put their feet on the frames and not been challenged.  That annoys me.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #101 on: April 20, 2019, 12:15:02 pm »

Your first line directly contradicted by your second line. Do you think that it is proportionate to give someone a criminal record for putting their feet on a seat? Yes or no?

Every rail company will have their own rules, the Railway byelaws doc is 30 pages long (https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/4202/railway-byelaws.pdf) and does not even contain the word foot or feet.

Its fucking ridiculous.

And to be honest if your feet are clean and the train is quiet it shouldn't even be an issue. But if other people don't like it then fair enough.

Byelaw 2(1) - noone can bring an item which may annoy another passenger on board - OK no dogs or selfie sticks or Man Utd fans

Byelaw 4(1) - no being intoxicated. No drunk people allowed on the train

Byelaw 6(1) - no obscene language. No saying "these byelaws are fucking bullshit" to your mate at a whisper - cos that's illegal.

Byelaw 6(7) - no litter or waste - don't leave your metro or train ticket on the table!! Jail for you

Byelaw 7(1) - no singing

Byelaw 8 - no gambling. No pontoon on the way to the beach

I could go on but I won't. These are rules, many of them draconian and petty, imposed by a series of private companies, on a necessity such as public transport, which can derail (get it?) a persons whole life.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2019, 12:23:50 pm by Jake »

Online BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: April 20, 2019, 12:20:22 pm »
Maybe it's an age thing mate. My mum brought me up to be respectful to people. I would never dream of putting my dirty boots on a train seat.

Not sure of the age of people that think it's OK, nor how they were brought up.
I'm with you Andy.

I'm 38, 39 next month and brought up to know the difference between right and wrong.

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #103 on: April 20, 2019, 12:25:55 pm »
I'm with you Andy.

I'm 38, 39 next month and brought up to know the difference between right and wrong.

Were you also brought up to know the difference between a gentle request and a career ending punishment?

Offline Tesco tearaway

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #104 on: April 20, 2019, 12:28:02 pm »
I'm with you Andy.

Everyone on this forum knows the difference between right and wrong Paul.
Yes, it's wrong to put your feet on a seat that someone else will sit on.
But getting a criminal record for something so trivial? Really?
It's way too Draconian.
First a warning; then a fine it you transgress again seems a lot fairer to me.
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline Pheeny

• Captain Pheeny of Maastricht
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Go and wake your kids up!"
  • Super Title: The King of Belgium
« Reply #105 on: April 20, 2019, 12:41:07 pm »
Out of interest are you allowed to put your feet on the seats if you take your shoes off?

Also what about toddlers who's feet don't reach the end of the seats do you have to take their shoes off?

Offline Tesco tearaway

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #106 on: April 20, 2019, 12:44:17 pm »
Out of interest are you allowed to put your feet on the seats if you take your shoes off?

Also what about toddlers who's feet don't reach the end of the seats do you have to take their shoes off?
What happens if your foot brushes the edge of the seat as you're crossing your legs?

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #107 on: April 20, 2019, 12:48:13 pm »
Or if you have prosthetics and they're not actually feet at all?

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #108 on: April 20, 2019, 12:49:15 pm »
What happens if your foot brushes the edge of the seat as you're crossing your legs?

Offline Tesco tearaway

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #109 on: April 20, 2019, 12:53:22 pm »

Online afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #110 on: April 20, 2019, 02:08:24 pm »
This thread is what happens when we depend on another club for results at the end of a season...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline gray19lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: April 25, 2019, 07:54:10 pm »

Letter through the post today. £60 fine.  Anyone successfully challenged this?

I know it's wrong but it just seems heavy handed, to hand out fines so easily.  My feet was on the metal structure of the seat, not the cushion and my shoes were clean (again, not an excuse).  Surely a warning would have sufficed?  And then if I had persisted with my foot up, start handing out cautions / fines?  The fine is purely a money making scheme and isn't there to cover the cost of cleaning the seat.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: April 25, 2019, 08:23:27 pm »
Letter through the post today. £60 fine.  Anyone successfully challenged this?

I know it's wrong but it just seems heavy handed, to hand out fines so easily.  My feet was on the metal structure of the seat, not the cushion and my shoes were clean (again, not an excuse).  Surely a warning would have sufficed?  And then if I had persisted with my foot up, start handing out cautions / fines?  The fine is purely a money making scheme and isn't there to cover the cost of cleaning the seat.

Just playing devils advocate, but is that the first time you've ever put your feet on the seat on a train or maybe the hundreth/thousandth and just the first time you got caught? (Not being a smartarse as I've done it plenty of times myself.)

From reading a friend of mines daily train rants, I'd think they would be better fining those who hog seats at rush hour with bags or sit in a way to prevent anyone sitting down, but I do agree with fines for putting feet on seats.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline gray19lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: April 25, 2019, 08:37:28 pm »
Just playing devils advocate, but is that the first time you've ever put your feet on the seat on a train or maybe the hundreth/thousandth and just the first time you got caught? (Not being a smartarse as I've done it plenty of times myself.)

From reading a friend of mines daily train rants, I'd think they would be better fining those who hog seats at rush hour with bags or sit in a way to prevent anyone sitting down, but I do agree with fines for putting feet on seats.

Probably not the first time I’ve done it no.

I agree with fining people for putting their feet on seat cushions, but think fining people for having their feet on metal structures under seat cushions without a verbal warning is way over the top.

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #114 on: April 25, 2019, 11:55:33 pm »
All of youse saying that this is OK and all that are daft.. very fuckin daft.

First they came for the lad who put his feet on the...

Wakey Wakey .
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: April 25, 2019, 11:58:32 pm »
I wonder if the conductors get a bonus for every fine they issue.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: April 26, 2019, 04:38:45 pm »
I wonder if the conductors get a bonus for every fine they issue.

Its not the conductors, they have squads of 'by-law enforcement officers' that do it.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #117 on: April 26, 2019, 04:46:16 pm »
As someone who spends about 3 hours a day on trains, I couldn't care leas about people having their feet on the seats. Obviously not if they are full of dogshit, or if someone is sitting on the same seat, but if its empty and people have cleanish shoes, really doesn't bother me.

I'm more annoyed about those that leave litter and their half-eaten food, empty cans, chewies under seats. Or that are too drunk and sick on the floor or the seats. Or have a wee, seen that too.

There is loads to be annoyed with on the trains, someone putting their feet up isn't one of it for me and its redicolous they're going after it that much.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #118 on: April 27, 2019, 02:25:07 am »
Its not the conductors, they have squads of 'by-law enforcement officers' that do it.

One of the byelaws also means it’s an offence to board the train while passengers are alighting, but I’ve never seen them enforce that rule.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: April 27, 2019, 02:30:24 am »

No it’s an old rule based on affecting the comfort/convenience of other passengers. But people only do it when it’s empty, and people hogging seats is more of an inconvenience I’d say.

However, do any of us want to sit on muddy seats or dog-shit after a days work?
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.