Author Topic: Trent Alexander-Arnold  (Read 1377004 times)

Offline Roger Federer

• Christ imagine naming yourself after Roger Federer
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Trent Alexander-Arnold
« Reply #3640 on: May 10, 2019, 09:21:45 am »
I still don't know how to embed, but watch this: https://mobile.twitter.com/HS_10Ftbol/status/1126554365551108096

His best passes from this season. What a player.

Online Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
« Reply #3641 on: May 10, 2019, 09:28:52 am »
Will he finish his career as a right back? It is an honest question, and I am not implying anything.

Offline Roger Federer

• Christ imagine naming yourself after Roger Federer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3642 on: May 10, 2019, 10:15:58 am »
Will he finish his career as a right back? It is an honest question, and I am not implying anything.
Why not? He's got the perfect qualities to be a fullback, and is, at 20, the best right back in the league already. He seems talented enough to play in other positions too (think he'd be a very good number 8 in our midfield, with more consistency in his short passing), but he can be the best player in the world in his current position for years to come.

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
  • And stop calling me Shirley
« Reply #3643 on: May 10, 2019, 10:43:36 am »

His crossing is so fantastic, I'd be in no hurry to change his position. Especially how we are set up tactically right now. Though I haven't any doubt that he would be able to make the change to midfield.
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3644 on: May 10, 2019, 05:10:03 pm »
Even the Café mancs have a thread on this lad.  Was only half a page before Tuesday night mind.  Grown at least five pages since then. ;D
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #3645 on: May 10, 2019, 08:06:32 pm »
I still don't know how to embed, but watch this: https://mobile.twitter.com/HS_10Ftbol/status/1126554365551108096

Two things..

Football is better with foreign commentators you can’t understand.

If we signed a 20 year old with that you tube complication there would be riots of happiness.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Shaved Crossbar

• shits from the hip
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3646 on: May 10, 2019, 08:44:08 pm »

He could go down as the greatest right back ever.

Offline Curtisinho

• Main Stander
  • YNWA
« Reply #3647 on: May 11, 2019, 01:34:50 am »
I actually think that so much of our offence coming from the fullbacks is a tactical masterstroke in the first place. Put two technical, industrious players out there in the positions that have the most freedom on the pitch and it's bound to create problems for the opponent. We've been reaping the benefits all season. That Trent could be a superb midfielder is great, but he has the makings to be a great at his current position. How many fullbacks out there are at that level?

Personally I think we'll see a tactical shift in the near future that emulates what Liverpool is doing currently. Having two gifted, offensive fullbacks with great engines and understanding for the game (converted midfielders/wingers ideally) insulated by a hard working and industrious midfield that can withstand pressure is a great recipe for success in the modern game.

Alexander-Arnold represents a perfect mold for a modern fullback in this kind of system and can really be something special (beyond even what he already is).
Walk on with hope in your heart and you'll never walk alone.

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3648 on: May 11, 2019, 02:23:24 am »
I actually think that so much of our offence coming from the fullbacks is a tactical masterstroke in the first place. Put two technical, industrious players out there in the positions that have the most freedom on the pitch and it's bound to create problems for the opponent. We've been reaping the benefits all season. That Trent could be a superb midfielder is great, but he has the makings to be a great at his current position. How many fullbacks out there are at that level?

Personally I think we'll see a tactical shift in the near future that emulates what Liverpool is doing currently. Having two gifted, offensive fullbacks with great engines and understanding for the game (converted midfielders/wingers ideally) insulated by a hard working and industrious midfield that can withstand pressure is a great recipe for success in the modern game.

Alexander-Arnold represents a perfect mold for a modern fullback in this kind of system and can really be something special (beyond even what he already is).

Easier said then done, where are the fullbacks who can playmake? there's a real dearth of those players and wingers are usually not reliable enough to do their defensive job properly.

When you look at our midfield, most of them started their professional careers as wide attackers or forwards (Milner, Henderson, oxlade, Gini), Keita is a mix between an 8/10, so we have players who are able to dribble/move with the ball in tight spaces but also play a highly physical, pressing game, this is what makes them hard to play against, they can do everything, the only real shortfall is the lack of creativity and incision that De Bruyne or Silva brings which would add another dimension to us

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #3649 on: May 11, 2019, 02:29:15 am »
I said before, hes going to win a Balon D'or someday. I said after Messi scored that Trent would do that sort of thing regularly one day and he did it in the next leg.

Im not joking about the Balon D'or.
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #3650 on: May 11, 2019, 02:35:41 am »

Pure filth. and only some of the switches to Andy are included every single game he pops it entirely cross field right on a dime. Literally, routine. Except no one else can do it, pretty much.
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline Mr_Shane

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3651 on: May 11, 2019, 04:36:57 am »
Top assists in the league

Edin Hazard 15
Ryan Fraser 14
Christian Eriksen 12
Andrew Robertson 11
Trent Alexander-Arnold 11

And Trent has played at least 6 less games than the other 4 on the list

Offline kloppismydad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3652 on: May 11, 2019, 04:58:54 am »
More CL finals than most players, and he's only 20. ;D

How many CL finals he will go to in his career, anyone want to guess?
Mark my words. Top 8 will be a massive struggle.
We won't make any big signings this season and we will go back to being a top4 club.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #3653 on: May 11, 2019, 10:27:44 am »

Well at this rate it's a minimum of 12 more ;)

Offline markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No Murdoch in our house
« Reply #3654 on: May 11, 2019, 12:15:08 pm »
It's not just him being a scouser and a good lad that makes it brilliant to have him in the team, I'd take that alone, but it's how wonderful he plays, from this tender age already. Someone had made a comment about red café so I had a peek in there and who was top of the forum with his own thread? TAA. Getting praise from them.
That moment in the dressing room after the Barca game, him looking like he couldn't believe what had happened, before kissing the badge. I was reminded of something a girlfriend told me in the mid 90s.We lived/worked in Manchester at the time, and we were caught up in the thrill of tunes like Champagne supernova on the radio in the car. It reminded her so she told me that Noel had recently said in an interview "I sat in a tour date hotel room, staring at the wall, asking myself, where did it all go right?".
« Last Edit: May 11, 2019, 12:20:09 pm by markedasred »
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

Offline Kasper

• Main Stander
  • Bonjour mon petit bureau de change.
« Reply #3655 on: May 11, 2019, 12:46:01 pm »

He definitely should. The fullbacks are some of the most important positions in our current system (just look at those assist stats).

Also, I'd argue that at fullback, he'll have more time on the ball to unleash those beautiful passes.

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #3656 on: May 11, 2019, 12:49:27 pm »
His crossing is so fantastic, I'd be in no hurry to change his position. Especially how we are set up tactically right now. Though I haven't any doubt that he would be able to make the change to midfield.

So long as he's young and pacey there's absolutely no need to consider him anywhere else than HB, but at an older age I assume he might develop to a deep-lying playmaker. Alaba can play both wing-back and midfield really well and Trent reminds me a lot of him.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2019, 12:53:41 pm by Linudden »
Linudden.

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3657 on: May 11, 2019, 12:52:02 pm »
So long as he's young and pacey there's absolutely no need to consider him anywhere else than HB, but at an older age I assume he might develop to a deep-lying playmaker. Alaba can play both wing-back and midfield really well and Trent reminds me a lot him.

It's a really reason that even at 20 and 24 (Robertson) - we need to have some capable backups so we aren't burning these guys out. They run a lot in this system. A LOT.

Offline Shaved Crossbar

• shits from the hip
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3658 on: May 11, 2019, 02:31:06 pm »
It's a really reason that even at 20 and 24 (Robertson) - we need to have some capable backups so we aren't burning these guys out. They run a lot in this system. A LOT.

Trent is already knackered in the second half of most games. Sometimes on the big nights, the adrenaline keeps him going. But most of his defensive errors, most of the times he lunges in rashly or fails to track a runner, come in the second half. Robbo is special, but you're right that even he will start to tire one day. Klopp's whole squad did, to an extent, in 14/15, after 5/6 years of the craziest pressing in football. We're not as mental but it's a consideration.

I'm not sure Milner is gonna get much midfield game time next year, he'd be a fine choice for both back up left and right back.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2019, 02:33:22 pm by Shaved Crossbar »

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3661 on: May 12, 2019, 05:07:24 pm »
Absolute joke how good this lad is. Some excellent defending too despite that twat Carragher trying to make out he's worse than Josemi.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #3662 on: May 12, 2019, 05:15:48 pm »
Ridiculously good. And won the bet with Robo after trailing significantly early on.

Why wasn't he given the assist for the first goal? if this was a goal not a pass, would not count as an own goal...
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3663 on: May 12, 2019, 05:21:45 pm »
Ridiculous talent and some people say RB isn't even his best position.

What a player we have at our club.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #3664 on: May 12, 2019, 05:22:29 pm »
Amazing season from Trent, couldn't have asked for more.  Rest him up for the final, don't want to see Gomez starting at right back.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #3665 on: May 12, 2019, 05:28:05 pm »
It's getting absolutely ridiculous right now.

These assists are becoming a routine now. It's like having KdB as our right back.

I also prefer these crosses to be fizzed across the face of the goal mid height rather than those lofted crosses which are much easier to defend.

It's a joy to watch him becoming better and more influential every single game.

Offline Perham

• Effes v2.0 - RAWK's Official Dog Snogger!
  • Legacy Fan
  • All is well
« Reply #3666 on: May 12, 2019, 05:32:49 pm »
He'll be incredible for many years to come and this season's just the start. He'll win so much at this club.
if I came home to allison in bed with my wife I'd ask him to phone Virgil to see if he wanted to pop round too.

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3667 on: May 12, 2019, 05:35:12 pm »
Stupidly good footballer.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #3668 on: May 12, 2019, 06:30:27 pm »
Him and Robertson are may fav players at the moment. They’re so important to how we play.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Online Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3669 on: May 12, 2019, 06:30:34 pm »
Unbelievably talented and smart player,there's nothing he can't accomplish injuries allowing.

20 years old.

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Always eleven, acting as one.
« Reply #3670 on: May 12, 2019, 06:41:55 pm »

He's living every local lads dream - a title challenge and two CL finals in his first two full seasons, and beating Barca 4-0 at Anfield thanks to a goal he created.
I've got OCD, but I prefer to call it CDO so it's in alphabetical order.

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3671 on: May 12, 2019, 07:44:47 pm »
RB sorted with top class player for next decade and more.

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #3672 on: May 12, 2019, 07:47:30 pm »
He was probably gutted near the end and yet still managed to put it on a plate for Mane on 81 mins.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3673 on: May 12, 2019, 08:15:57 pm »

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #3674 on: May 12, 2019, 08:22:02 pm »
Fantastic season from Trent and Robbo, the best in their position. One more game and hopefully they get some medals to show for it.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3675 on: May 12, 2019, 10:26:56 pm »
If he was at any other club City would be chucking £80 million at him.  Same for Robbo.

They can’t have them though, so they’ll have to settle for 2nd best, if that, in each position.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3676 on: May 12, 2019, 10:28:30 pm »
If he was at any other club City would be chucking £80 million at him.  Same for Robbo.

They can’t have them though, so they’ll have to settle for 2nd best, if that, in each position.

He'll be a one club man, spending his whole career with us and it'll be one full of success.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #3677 on: May 12, 2019, 10:28:49 pm »
He’s only 20.

He’s not 21 for 6 months.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Floydy

• G is for grumpy. It is modest understatement.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hidden in the shadows, Orchestrating life
« Reply #3678 on: May 12, 2019, 10:54:31 pm »
What a season to follow up from last seasons exceptional turn out. This lad is dynamite.   I remember listening once to Martin Keown and he was saying about he is wasted at Right Back and that he should play central midfield. I can see his point  but when you look at his assists then he is contributing just as much in the attack as he is in defence which is underrated in my view.  The only criticism i would have or area which he needs to develop is his goals contribution. If he could address that then you have a talent that any club in the world would want. And he is ours, from down the road.   Well in Lad, so warming to see a normal lad come through the system and get such  accolades. Class act.
Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance.  Albert Einstein.  
Unquestionable trust in authority is the enemy of truth. Albert Einstein
Wake up to the war on for your mind!

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3679 on: May 12, 2019, 11:11:32 pm »
He's broken the record for the number of assists in the PL from a defender; he 'only' started 29 PL games, and in terms of form, 6 of the 12 assists were in his last 6 games. He also gained 4 assists in the last 3 CL games  during that time. This says to me he has stepped up a level this year, so I can't wait to see him in the CL final.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.