Author Topic: The Aussie Thread  (Read 331081 times)

Offline Scaryscouse

• Purveyor of shite english lager
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nice packet of Crunchy Nut you got here
Re: The Aussie Thread
« Reply #4200 on: January 5, 2018, 01:58:48 am »

One year here tomorrow 3rd January, still loving Darwin Xmas & New Years was lovely.

As you say best decision ever to come here

Off to Sydney on 8th for 3 nights first time there since 2010 so will be nice

Delighted to hear you're still loving it up there, mate. I was about to say it's getting pretty hot in Sydney...About to....Then I looked at your location and laughed, nothing you won't be able for.

You'd think after nearly dropping that clanger that I was done with typing stupid shit, oh boy, not even close! Did a double take as I was typing out the words "I'm heading up that way myself next year to Bundaberg...." Then I checked a map for reference... I laughed again. :D

Check yourself before you wreck yourself is a thing for a reason, haha!

Hope you have a blast on your trip to Sydney. What have you got planned?

« Last Edit: January 5, 2018, 03:17:14 am by Scaryscouse »
I remember years ago doing the fart with your fingers pointed like a gun.

I did it to my brother, I had a dressing gown on.

Instead of farting I shat on the floor - my brother thought I was demented.

Offline Scaryscouse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4201 on: January 5, 2018, 02:08:25 am »
Thanks folks! We're still soaking things in and have nothing in place yet. It is, of course, a blessing that we've got family there already, so the move is going to be easier than it must have been for most of you. Think we'll decide on the suburb based on where I find employment.

Welcome on board mate, any help you need about navigating Sydney, hit me up. I'm sitting in it right now, looking out the window at it's loveliness.

I have always had tremendous success finding jobs with Hays recruitment, shoot them an e mail now let them know you're coming. It'll get you into the market and they've always got me roles I didn't know existed/were available and they've gone into bat for me wages wise and often gotten me that bit more.

One piece of advice I always give to people coming to move over here is don't forget you have to furnish your own apartment as well as big deposits and month upfront. Be prepared to drop a couple of thousand dollars renting initially, it is doable, of course but it fucking stings a little, I won't lie. The good thing is having family there so you have the safety net which is very handy.

As I said mate, welcome and enjoy and if there's anything you want to ask, just shoot!
« Last Edit: January 5, 2018, 03:18:55 am by Scaryscouse »

Offline Geppvindh's

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4202 on: January 5, 2018, 05:18:13 am »
Welcome on board mate, any help you need about navigating Sydney, hit me up. I'm sitting in it right now, looking out the window at it's loveliness.

I have always had tremendous success finding jobs with Hays recruitment, shoot them an e mail now let them know you're coming. It'll get you into the market and they've always got me roles I didn't know existed/were available and they've gone into bat for me wages wise and often gotten me that bit more.

One piece of advice I always give to people coming to move over here is don't forget you have to furnish your own apartment as well as big deposits and month upfront. Be prepared to drop a couple of thousand dollars renting initially, it is doable, of course but it fucking stings a little, I won't lie. The good thing is having family there so you have the safety net which is very handy.

As I said mate, welcome and enjoy and if there's anything you want to ask, just shoot!

Thank you for the kind words and I shall take the offer up and PM you I have any questions! I am aware of the steep cost of setting up a home for the first time, and we're trying to aggressively save up for it over the coming months.

I'll shoot a mail to Hays in the coming weeks, thanks for the lead. I know this varies case by case, but how likely is it that companies interview remotely over Skype? Do they prefer it to be face-to-face?
« Last Edit: January 5, 2018, 05:19:53 am by Gerrvindh »

Offline OzBomber

• Favourite manager Tommy Tootchel favourite Player Naby 'lid' Kyta
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4203 on: January 5, 2018, 11:12:07 am »
All you need to know is if you miss home go to Cheers bar on a matchday. Plenty of scousers around. Good luck with the move mate!

Almost 2 years since I did the opposite of you lads and moved to Liverpool, but I didn't stay there long enough. Still miss the city a bucketload, craving a Nabzys or some Almost Famous right now!

Offline WEST HAM PAUL

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles
« Reply #4204 on: January 7, 2018, 06:25:39 am »
Delighted to hear you're still loving it up there, mate. I was about to say it's getting pretty hot in Sydney...About to....Then I looked at your location and laughed, nothing you won't be able for.

You'd think after nearly dropping that clanger that I was done with typing stupid shit, oh boy, not even close! Did a double take as I was typing out the words "I'm heading up that way myself next year to Bundaberg...." Then I checked a map for reference... I laughed again. :D

Check yourself before you wreck yourself is a thing for a reason, haha!

Hope you have a blast on your trip to Sydney. What have you got planned?

lol 😂 yeah definitely used to the hot weather now

Just doing the usual in Sydney as going with family & taking my mum who’s never been. So real tourist stuff for 4 days

Have you been to the Tramsheds in Sydney or if you know any other good food places like that to try
Fortunes Always Hiding. 

And The Sun Shines Now

Sex bombs to the left of me would be playboy bunnies to the right and here I am stuck in the middle with my pasty white bird.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4205 on: January 7, 2018, 07:09:46 am »

Have you been to the Tramsheds in Sydney or if you know any other good food places like that to try

Barangaroo is pretty decent for food and drink. Chinatown or Spice Lane if you like Asian.

If you catch the ferry over to Manly try the Manly 16ft Skiff Sailing Club for a great place to eat outdoors.

If you're at Bondi, Icebergs (the club) is a great place for a feed and drink on the balcony.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline WEST HAM PAUL

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4206 on: January 7, 2018, 07:21:00 am »
Barangaroo is pretty decent for food and drink. Chinatown or Spice Lane if you like Asian.

If you catch the ferry over to Manly try the Manly 16ft Skiff Sailing Club for a great place to eat outdoors.

If you're at Bondi, Icebergs (the club) is a great place for a feed and drink on the balcony.

Definitely going by ferry to Manly & pop to Bondi

Cheers will look those up

Any thoughts on Balmain & Main Street there for food & coffee etc
Fortunes Always Hiding. 

And The Sun Shines Now

Sex bombs to the left of me would be playboy bunnies to the right and here I am stuck in the middle with my pasty white bird.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4207 on: January 7, 2018, 08:32:12 am »
Definitely going by ferry to Manly & pop to Bondi

Cheers will look those up

Any thoughts on Balmain & Main Street there for food & coffee etc

Efendy/Kasbah both do great middle eastern brunches.

Coffee/Breakfast try either Contessa or Kafeine

Rosso Pomodoro or Capello's for traditional Italian style pizza.

Riverview Hotel/The London Hotel both have decent restaurants in addition to the normal pub fare. The balcony on The London is one of my favourite places to watch the world go by.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Scaryscouse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4208 on: January 8, 2018, 11:15:42 pm »

I spoke too soon and the arse feel out of the weather, sorry about that.

Tramsheds is nice, The grounds at Alexandria is  a similar kind of vibe and is pretty much on the way out to Bondi. Most of Balmain is pretty nice food and drink wise to be honest the only one that I remember was a great pub out there called the Welcome if you get to nip off by yourself for a pint.

Myself and the wife are cheapo and cheerful kind of eaters when we head out but if you're looking to splash out a bit these are the places we liked. Mrs G's in Potts point. The continental Deli in Newtown. 414 in Surry Hills and Mjolinar in Cleveland street Surry Hills is meant to be amazing, not been myself.

Bar Luca near the ferry terminal on Phillip street does the best burgers in Sydney CBD and suburbs and believe me I have tried ALL of them. They get a lot of hype and deserve it.

If you are in Manly and get a nice day, the New Brighton hotel has a pretty nice rooftop bar. Daniel San in Manly is fucking quality I reckon. Hope you're enjoying your trip out this way anyways mate.

« Last Edit: January 9, 2018, 02:15:22 am by Scaryscouse »

Offline Branno

• Legacy Fan
  • Melbourne Scouse!
« Reply #4209 on: January 8, 2018, 11:39:40 pm »
Well 20 years here now and a 10 year proud Australian. I still remember the day back in London when the envelope arrived through the letterbox saying I have been granted permanent residency. From day one I have had an absolute ball and never regretted the move I made.

It really is a brilliant place to live and bring up your children. It's not perfect....nowhere is. But its close.

Despite the above and have said this many a time "I would fight for this country but never play for them"...fucking Aussie pricks :)

But thats what I love about Aussies.....I will always be a 'Pommy Bastard' in their eyes and thats fine with me. The number one rule when you arrive here....dont get offended by the shit they will give you. Give it back twice as good and you get respect. Get offended and they will go twice as hard. Its what they do....look at their cricket team.

Of course I miss the UK....all my family are still there. But as my old man says 'Don't ever come back....if you do I'll kick your arse back onto the plane'....think it was a compliment :)
"I know this is a sad occasion but I think that Dixie would be amazed to know that even in death he could draw a bigger crowd than Everton can on a Saturday afternoon"......Bill Shankly

Offline Scaryscouse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4210 on: January 8, 2018, 11:41:33 pm »
I'll shoot a mail to Hays in the coming weeks, thanks for the lead. I know this varies case by case, but how likely is it that companies interview remotely over Skype? Do they prefer it to be face-to-face?

No dramas, a lot of job hunting at the start will be through agencies so it's worth while touching base and sending them your resume. It's the far side of the world here, sponsoring migrant workers and interviewing people online is part of everyday life over here.

Enjoy the excitement of the big move, mate. it's scary and exciting for sure, in a years time you'll be ecstatic with the decision you made, trust me.

Just to echo what Branno said above, be prepared to give as good as you get slagging match wise. It's all in good humor as they cen be sensational but also merciless piss takers. Similar to Branno, the whole family nieces and nephews included still call me fiddle dee dee potatoes every time I see them and will do so until the day I die I'm guessing, gotta cop it on the chin :D Some of my earliest memories of my pals out here started off with us giving each other absolute dogs abuse.
« Last Edit: January 9, 2018, 12:08:13 am by Scaryscouse »

Offline Scaryscouse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4211 on: January 17, 2018, 12:53:17 am »
Thinking of giving Sydney the heave ho and relocating to Brisbane. Better weather, cheaper accommodation, Sydney just getting too pricey.

Do have a very tight knit circle of friends here that we're (I'm) reluctant to give up especially as we're in our mid 30's and the misses is quite happy to spend most of her time at home. Her sister is up there though so she'd be ok in that sense. I don't usually have an issue making friends but just not sure I can be arsed doing another big move and starting over.

Big decisions to be made.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4212 on: January 17, 2018, 11:20:05 pm »
Brisbane is really coming to life these days. Sydney is amazing though. So long as you can afford to live there. But if you can't or if it's too much of a hassle to make ends meet, Brisbane is a great alternative.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline Scaryscouse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4213 on: January 17, 2018, 11:46:24 pm »
Brisbane is really coming to life these days. Sydney is amazing though. So long as you can afford to live there. But if you can't or if it's too much of a hassle to make ends meet, Brisbane is a great alternative.

Yeah we've been up a few times and I must say I enjoy it. I love Sydney but other than friends I have to say there's not a huge amount else to keep me here. If I can get a job with the same pay up there, I'm going to have strongly consider it. Sydney rental prices alone are getting out of control we'll never buy here but we have a real shot in Brissie.

Plus I love the heat.

Offline leroy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4214 on: January 19, 2018, 01:55:39 am »
Thinking of giving Sydney the heave ho and relocating to Brisbane. Better weather, cheaper accommodation, Sydney just getting too pricey.

Do have a very tight knit circle of friends here that we're (I'm) reluctant to give up especially as we're in our mid 30's and the misses is quite happy to spend most of her time at home. Her sister is up there though so she'd be ok in that sense. I don't usually have an issue making friends but just not sure I can be arsed doing another big move and starting over.

Big decisions to be made.

Queensland is a strange place.  Have you spent much time up there?  I admittedly haven't lived up there for better than 15 years now but I don't think things have changed dramatically in that period.  QLDers are a weird mix of friendly, accepting, laid-back, bigotry, racist, craziness...  they're all over the place. The kind of people who could have a blackfella as their best mate who they'd give the shirt off their back but still whinge about those "abo's on welfare".  Yet in the last 12 months they've given One Nation a kick in the nuts and voted for same-sex marriage at a higher rate than us New South Welsh.  Weird bunch.

Offline leroy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4215 on: January 19, 2018, 01:56:55 am »
shallow
ˈʃaləʊ/
adjective
adjective: shallow; comparative adjective: shallower; superlative adjective: shallowest
1. of little depth.
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/2c/Malcolm_Turnbull_APEC_2016.jpg

He's the epitome of an empty suit.

Offline Scaryscouse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4216 on: January 22, 2018, 12:23:57 am »
Queensland is a strange place.  Have you spent much time up there? 

Admittedly I haven't spent a huge amount of time up there personally but my wife has and also her sisters are established up there already. Weirdly enough I brought it up with friends on the weekend and rather surprisingly a few of them are now considering it themselves. Who knows, we may not do it but just seeing what we could save is mind blowing. We're giving it a lot of thought.

Offline stevensr123

• bedwetter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4217 on: January 22, 2018, 06:09:29 am »
Admittedly I haven't spent a huge amount of time up there personally but my wife has and also her sisters are established up there already. Weirdly enough I brought it up with friends on the weekend and rather surprisingly a few of them are now considering it themselves. Who knows, we may not do it but just seeing what we could save is mind blowing. We're giving it a lot of thought.
My dad lived their for a a year and a half (after living in sydney for 7 years, moved back to the UK for a couple and then moved to brisbane for a year an a half, now back in liverpool haha) and he found the place nice.

Its not Sydney but the weather is better, a more laid back life style, a lot of places close up earlier (which is a bad thing) etc

He lived in birkdale and there is a mad english Indian restaurant, probably the best I have ever tasted anywhere! and and English chippy! 

I was thinking about moving over their one day because like you said, the house prices are just so much cheaper compared to sydney -  its just the friends thing that will be difficult for me.

« Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 06:12:12 am by stevensr123 »
PUSSY cat, PUSSY cat, I love you,  yes I do.......

Offline Scaryscouse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4218 on: January 23, 2018, 02:01:26 am »
English chippy! 

its just the friends thing that will be difficult for me.

One positive and the obvious negative right there. Always on the look out for a good chippy, I miss them so much. There's a great Irish/English one near me in Randwick and one in Bondi and it's just like home when you eat there.

I've never really had much of a problem making friends but after moving from Ireland to Sydney and starting again and built up some really close friendships it's the hassle of starting again. My wife would be happy pretty much hanging at home or with her sister almost exclusively but I need more than that. As I said though when we said we were thinking about it a few other friends registered an interest. It seems most of us had been thinking we needed a change and somebody taking the plunge is what they needed too.

The change of pace and affordability is really whats going to win out, Sydney is just getting out of control cost wise and my new company might possibly have stuff for me up there. it's probably best time to mvoe before we get too old/pregnant etc etc.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4219 on: January 23, 2018, 03:15:34 am »
I would say that if you're moving to Brisbane, stay in the inner city, particularly any of the suburbs near the river. You get all the modern conveniences, access to public transport etc., but it's still spread out enough so that it's quiet enough at night. Beyond that, it is very suburban and great for families unless you end up near one of the big malls. But really those areas don't have a great deal in the way of life.

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline Scaryscouse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4220 on: January 23, 2018, 03:36:37 am »
The plan is hopefully for around Teneriffe or somewhere. The wife's sister is in a place around there and it's fantastic and cheap. Also that's the spots we've been mostly socialized in. Her other sister lives out in the burbs but that's because she has a dog that's akin to a wild mule on coke.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4221 on: January 23, 2018, 04:04:43 am »
The plan is hopefully for around Teneriffe or somewhere. The wife's sister is in a place around there and it's fantastic and cheap. Also that's the spots we've been mostly socialized in. Her other sister lives out in the burbs but that's because she has a dog that's akin to a wild mule on coke.

Teneriffe is fabulous although only a Sydneysider would call it cheap! It is one of the most expensive areas in Brisbane if not the most expensive. ;D

Right on the river, close to the City and Valley, near several nice parks, a stone's throw away from the powerhouse for arty events, a couple of breweries around the place and plenty of fine dining. That said, if you can afford it, Teneriffe vs the burbs is a no contest.

Offline Scaryscouse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4222 on: January 23, 2018, 04:36:00 am »
Teneriffe is fabulous although only a Sydneysider would call it cheap! It is one of the most expensive areas in Brisbane if not the most expensive. ;D

Right on the river, close to the City and Valley, near several nice parks, a stone's throw away from the powerhouse for arty events, a couple of breweries around the place and plenty of fine dining. That said, if you can afford it, Teneriffe vs the burbs is a no contest.

Haha, yeah I mean by current Sydney standards what you get for the price that central is outrageous to me. We reckon we'd save close to or over a grand in rent a month if not more living there, possibly more in other areas but then you'd pay more in transport. So it would balance out.

I visited a brewery there and a few other spots and loved it, although none of them would strike me as places where I'd make my local. If we're ever looking to buy, Brisbane is our best bet by a longshot that isn't getting a property or in the sticks.

I grew up in a country town in Ireland that smelled like animal shit for 9 months of the year, idyllic and great for kids the countryside may be but I like fast broadband and convenience in general.

Offline Scaryscouse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4223 on: January 31, 2018, 01:00:00 am »
Glad the bastard humidity has gone for a bit here in Sydney. That was getting ridiculous.

Offline Flinstone

• Whatever you like. Would like to slip it in without making it awkward... Chinese Information Minister
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4224 on: January 31, 2018, 03:47:36 am »

Bar Luca near the ferry terminal on Phillip street does the best burgers in Sydney CBD and suburbs and believe me I have tried ALL of them. They get a lot of hype and deserve it.

I dunno why Bar Luca is considered so good, I went twice for their chicken burgers and it was horrible. Great big sloppy messes that are impossible to eat and don't even taste that good.

Butter is a great place though, in Surry Hills
The West is finished, China is the future

Offline Flinstone

• Whatever you like. Would like to slip it in without making it awkward... Chinese Information Minister
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4225 on: January 31, 2018, 03:48:53 am »

I went to Brissy, it kind of reminded me of Perth, it doesn't seem to have a distinct city centre.

I can see why people like it but not really my vibe.

Sydney and Melbourne ftw
The West is finished, China is the future

Offline WEST HAM PAUL

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4226 on: January 31, 2018, 04:51:57 am »
I dunno why Bar Luca is considered so good, I went twice for their chicken burgers and it was horrible. Great big sloppy messes that are impossible to eat and don't even taste that good.

Butter is a great place though, in Surry Hills

When I was in Sydney early in January went to The Tramsheds has a choice of eateries inside , highly recommended going the one we went to food etc was great called Brewers Takeover.  It’s a lovely spot for a bite near Glebe
Fortunes Always Hiding. 

And The Sun Shines Now

Offline leroy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4227 on: February 1, 2018, 05:32:23 am »
Best burger I've had in Sydney is at El Loco (ex excelsior).
« Last Edit: February 1, 2018, 05:38:42 am by leroy »

Offline Scaryscouse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4228 on: February 2, 2018, 05:01:09 am »
I used to live right next to El loco, haven't gone back there for years.

Offline WEST HAM PAUL

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4229 on: February 6, 2018, 11:45:38 am »
Going to Alice Springs with work for 4 nights on 18th February

Not been there before

Anyone been there ? . I’m staying at the Mercure any ideas on nice places to eat etc there

I know not to walk around at night just get taxis
Fortunes Always Hiding. 

And The Sun Shines Now

Offline Scaryscouse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4230 on: February 7, 2018, 02:13:42 am »
Have a great time there dude. Would love to check the place out at some point.

Offline DanJay87

• Legacy Fan
  • Gosh it's Tosh!
« Reply #4231 on: March 15, 2018, 06:43:46 am »
  So having to catch a last minute flight to Sydney tonight. My grandfather (massive red) lived out there and passed away a few days ago. He moved down there decades ago and had been down at Millar’s Point since the eighties until they kicked him out the other year, to swank up his social housing. Angers me still. Anyway.. it’s too far and expensive for anyone in the family to head down there, and as I’m based kinda half way in Singapore, I’m heading down as a representative for the funeral.

I’ll only be there for 4 days and will be tied up a fair bit, but I’m hoping to have two days free at least. I’ll be alone so I’m asking are there any hidden gems to wonder around? Walking routes and that, nice little caffs to people watch and relax? Any events going along worth checking out? I’ve been a few times so have been to most of the go too sights, but any suggestions would be welcome. Oh and where’s best for the game? Although I’m aware that it’s at an ungodly hour.. cheers

Offline OzBomber

• Favourite manager Tommy Tootchel favourite Player Naby 'lid' Kyta
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4232 on: March 15, 2018, 11:39:09 am »
  So having to catch a last minute flight to Sydney tonight. My grandfather (massive red) lived out there and passed away a few days ago. He moved down there decades ago and had been down at Millar’s Point since the eighties until they kicked him out the other year, to swank up his social housing. Angers me still. Anyway.. it’s too far and expensive for anyone in the family to head down there, and as I’m based kinda half way in Singapore, I’m heading down as a representative for the funeral.

I’ll only be there for 4 days and will be tied up a fair bit, but I’m hoping to have two days free at least. I’ll be alone so I’m asking are there any hidden gems to wonder around? Walking routes and that, nice little caffs to people watch and relax? Any events going along worth checking out? I’ve been a few times so have been to most of the go too sights, but any suggestions would be welcome. Oh and where’s best for the game? Although I’m aware that it’s at an ungodly hour.. cheers
Fuck off Sydney and go to Melbourne. :D

But seriously, I'll let the others answer what to do in Sydney. For the match go to Cheers Bar on George/Liverpool Street, they show every match no matter what time it's on and usually a few around no matter the time. Sorry to hear about your Grandfather mate, hope you get to enjoy a little bit of Aus!

Offline jooneyisdagod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4233 on: March 15, 2018, 11:42:32 am »
Jump on the Ferry and go to Watson's bay. There is a little walk to South head, which is on the Southern side of the entry to the harbour. It's pretty stunning and easy to get back into town from. It's my favourite short walk in Sydney. Manly on the other side has similar but it's a longer walk and if you're pressed for time, I would recommend Watson's bay.

Offline leroy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4234 on: March 16, 2018, 05:36:47 am »

Sydney v Brisbane is on at the Football Stadium tomorrow night in the A-League - if you want a football fix.

As for general stuff - Catching the ferry out to Manly is always great, the return leg is amazing if you do it around sunset.  If you want to combine it with a walk the Spit Bridge to Manly route is good.  You could do a round trip from the city.  Bus to the Spit Bridge > walk to manly (about 10+km I think) > ferry back to the city.

Otherwise the Bondi To Coogee walk is nice too and a bit shorter (about 5-6km).

« Last Edit: March 16, 2018, 05:39:44 am by leroy »

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #4235 on: March 16, 2018, 08:54:25 pm »
Can recommend Bondi to Coogee with a few nice little beaches in between.

Thirsty work though!

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4236 on: March 16, 2018, 10:25:33 pm »
Can recommend Bondi to Coogee with a few nice little beaches in between.

Thirsty work though!

Do it the opposite way and park yourself on the balcony at Bondi Icebergs with some cools beers.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4237 on: March 19, 2018, 06:36:08 am »
Just lodged my citizenship application. It's still sinking in that I've gone and done it after all these years!

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #4238 on: March 19, 2018, 09:01:58 am »
Just lodged my citizenship application. It's still sinking in that I've gone and done it after all these years!

Congrats mate  :wave
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline leroy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4239 on: March 19, 2018, 11:28:02 pm »

Coming out here... stealing our jobs...

That means you have to start voting and take responsibility for all of our shitty collective decisions my friend!