Author Topic: Members Sales  (Read 2058262 times)

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Members Sales
« Reply #15480 on: November 17, 2020, 12:19:54 pm »
Sure the justification for that was people abroad getting in quicker  ;D :butt

I think it was that they thought they could trick the system into thinking it was 8:15 earlier than it was so it let them in first, haha

Because the system went off their laptop time rather than the actual time.... :D

I was proper laughing

Offline CornerTakenQuickly

• ORIGAAAAAAAAMIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Kopite
  • I am a Liverpudlian and I come from the Spion Kop
« Reply #15481 on: November 23, 2020, 04:03:37 pm »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/55010011

4000 fans at games from the end of lockdown. 2000 fans at games in tier 2 areas and none in tier 3 areas. With infection rates falling, there's a chance we won't be in tier 3 (we will find out on Thursday), so we could have some fans at the Wolves game on 5th December.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15482 on: November 23, 2020, 04:05:39 pm »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/55010011

4000 fans at games from the end of lockdown. 2000 fans at games in tier 2 areas and none in tier 3 areas. With infection rates falling, there's a chance we won't be in tier 3 (we will find out on Thursday), so we could have some fans at the Wolves game on 5th December.

Would like to think the club have some sort of plan for this. Less than 2 weeks to that game to sort out who can and can't get a ticket then sell them.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #15483 on: November 23, 2020, 04:14:53 pm »
Not a hope in hell that members get a sniff with that few people being let in. At 4k fans per game it would take 6 or 7 matches just to rotate through the season ticket list.

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15484 on: November 23, 2020, 04:31:47 pm »
Not a hope in hell that members get a sniff with that few people being let in. At 4k fans per game it would take 6 or 7 matches just to rotate through the season ticket list.

4k fans is for tier 1 so that is irrelevant anyway.

We will get 2k at the very most and I'm not even convinced we will get that. I know infections are falling, but they are falling across the country. Be very surprised if Liverpool are not still in tier 3

And What do the tiers mean for this anyway? What if Liverpool are in tier 2, but half the fans attending are travelling from tier 3 areas?

Offline ChrisLFCKOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15485 on: November 23, 2020, 04:33:16 pm »

Pretty sure SoS have said that everyone should get a fair chance of attending (assuming they mean season ticket holders and members in 13+ should be top of the queue).

to be honest it should be based on games attended last season, so only those with 15 games should get first chance.

But it will be shite, with so limited number.  Cannot wait for the what the audio picks up, esp some of the shouts you here in the ground... ;)

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #15486 on: November 23, 2020, 04:37:03 pm »
Pretty sure SoS have said that everyone should get a fair chance of attending (assuming they mean season ticket holders and members in 13+ should be top of the queue).

to be honest it should be based on games attended last season, so only those with 15 games should get first chance.

But it will be shite, with so limited number.  Cannot wait for the what the audio picks up, esp some of the shouts you here in the ground... ;)

If you include everyone who went to 15 games last season then that's still circa 35k tickets and you'll only get to go once. I'd take that right now to be honest but if you're only going to go once who'll want to go to those early games when you could be there for a trophy lift or title decider at the end of the season?

There is going to be no easy way to distribute these at all!

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #15487 on: November 23, 2020, 04:37:52 pm »
4k fans is for tier 1 so that is irrelevant anyway.

We will get 2k at the very most and I'm not even convinced we will get that. I know infections are falling, but they are falling across the country. Be very surprised if Liverpool are not still in tier 3

And What do the tiers mean for this anyway? What if Liverpool are in tier 2, but half the fans attending are travelling from tier 3 areas?

Agreed that it'll likely be 2k. Very relevant questions at the end there and how are they going to police that?

Offline ChrisLFCKOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15488 on: November 23, 2020, 04:46:03 pm »
If you include everyone who went to 15 games last season then that's still circa 35k tickets and you'll only get to go once. I'd take that right now to be honest but if you're only going to go once who'll want to go to those early games when you could be there for a trophy lift or title decider at the end of the season?

There is going to be no easy way to distribute these at all!

Just ballot them, some wont see it as fair but only fair way you can do it.  Also go to factor in those that wont bother because it wont count for credits.

I missed out on going Madrid but got Kiev. I feel lucky enough to have been to CL final something many wont experience.

Offline AnfieldIron

• Water Like a Stone. Local laundry service ...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15489 on: November 23, 2020, 04:48:15 pm »
Should only be for those registered within a certain radius of the ground.

Shouldn’t be having people travelling from other parts of the country, regardless of qualifying criteria.

Sorted.

*Can of worms open*

Offline ChrisLFCKOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15490 on: November 23, 2020, 04:50:50 pm »
Also have to factor in where people will be seated and ticket pricing.  You could do first come first served but not sure I would want to pay £59 for any game with limited capacity.  If you then ballot them is if fair that some will pay more?

I cannot wait to get back in the ground and will do if I get the chance but half of me thinks better off just waiting it out until we can have a full house.

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #15491 on: November 23, 2020, 04:50:51 pm »
I don't think it's a can of worms at all mate and certainly has to be discussed by those at the club. Part of the tiered restrictions is to prevent the spread of the virus from one area to another.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #15492 on: November 23, 2020, 04:51:54 pm »
Also have to factor in where people will be seated and ticket pricing.  You could do first come first served but not sure I would want to pay £59 for any game with limited capacity.  If you then ballot them is if fair that some will pay more?

I cannot wait to get back in the ground and will do if I get the chance but half of me thinks better off just waiting it out until we can have a full house.

You could probably space out 2,000 all on the Kop easily enough to be honest!

Either that or just charge everyone the same regardless of where they're sat.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline ChrisLFCKOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15493 on: November 23, 2020, 04:52:04 pm »

Shouldn’t be having people travelling from other parts of the country, regardless of qualifying criteria.

Sorted.

*Can of worms open*

As the crow flies or by google directions?  ;)

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #15494 on: November 23, 2020, 04:54:52 pm »
You could probably space out 2,000 all on the Kop easily enough to be honest!

Either that or just charge everyone the same regardless of where they're sat.

Personally I'd keep the Kop as it is with the flags on and have everyone else dotted around the ground

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15495 on: November 23, 2020, 04:59:23 pm »
Personally I'd keep the Kop as it is with the flags on and have everyone else dotted around the ground

Yeah, that's a good idea actually.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15496 on: November 23, 2020, 05:00:42 pm »
Would make sense to have the 2k in the Main stand. By far the largest concourse area.

Offline Biscuitman

• Anny Roader
« Reply #15497 on: November 23, 2020, 05:16:59 pm »

Sorted.

*Can of worms open*
Even if they're from an area with a lower infection rate  than Liverpool?

Offline AnfieldIron

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15498 on: November 23, 2020, 05:36:40 pm »

Absolutely.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15499 on: November 23, 2020, 05:45:10 pm »
I mean that makes more sense in a way. People from everywhere coming to a place with a bigger infection rate and then potentially spreading it around the country

Offline Luke 17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15500 on: November 23, 2020, 05:48:10 pm »
I think they should start at the top of the credits and work from there. A ballot is no good because like the earlier poster said there is different types of games an it would be unfair for someone to be able to go United at home on their turn and their mate only gets to go say Fulham at home.

Offline Biscuitman

• Anny Roader
« Reply #15501 on: November 23, 2020, 05:56:16 pm »
Absolutely.

4,000 tickets should be plenty then if it’s only locals  ;)

Offline AnfieldIron

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15502 on: November 23, 2020, 05:58:28 pm »
4,000 tickets should be plenty then if it’s only locals  ;)
Maybe for Everton!

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15503 on: November 23, 2020, 06:49:14 pm »
Everyone's talking about STH/members in terms of these 2,000 tickets.

We forgetting hospitality/corporates?

Offline daindan

• lyin clock......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15504 on: November 23, 2020, 07:08:08 pm »
Everyone's talking about STH/members in terms of these 2,000 tickets.

We forgetting hospitality/corporates?

Don’t think there will be any hospitality, as I don’t think food or drink will be served

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15505 on: November 23, 2020, 07:15:45 pm »
Don’t think there will be any hospitality, as I don’t think food or drink will be served

Still wouldnt rule out them selling corporate tickets on the strength of a free match programme and a posh padded seat, to be honest

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15506 on: November 23, 2020, 07:38:42 pm »
Season ticket holder / purple wheelie bin ..criteria sorted

Offline didopich

• Kopite
« Reply #15507 on: November 23, 2020, 09:40:59 pm »
With vaccines starting this month I'm pretty sure ground will be full in May.
Half full by Easter and upto 12k by feb

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15508 on: November 23, 2020, 10:59:59 pm »

I'm from Belfast, and itching to get to a game. But I 100% agree it should locals only until it is safe for anyone travelling from anywhere else.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline daindan

• lyin clock......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15509 on: November 23, 2020, 11:25:05 pm »
With vaccines starting this month I'm pretty sure ground will be full in May.
Half full by Easter and upto 12k by feb
Can only hope the vaccines are approved and are effective in the masses.  people were pretty sure we’d be back to normal by Xmas previously. I think it will depend on how we see out the rest of the winter. I think back to normal next season. I can’t see 12k in feb at anfield unless the north can stay out of tier 3 for a prolonged period of time
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 11:33:44 pm by daindan »

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15510 on: November 23, 2020, 11:26:15 pm »
Well anyone going wont be allowed to drink, shout or cheer.

Enjoy :D

Offline didopich

• Kopite
« Reply #15511 on: November 24, 2020, 12:40:53 am »
Can only hope the vaccines are approved and are effective in the masses.  people were pretty sure we’d be back to normal by Xmas previously. I think it will depend on how we see out the rest of the winter. I think back to normal next season. I can’t see 12k in feb at anfield unless the north can stay out of tier 3 for a prolonged period of time
What people said without an actual vaccine before is irrelevant. We now have a vaccine that costs £3 and ok in a normal fridge like the flu vaccine. You don't need everyone to take it to achieve herd immunity and drive the infection right down. The government were happy to go with 12.5k fans in July so will have no problem now. Liverpool is already showing numbers for tier 2. All the vulnerable people will take the vaccine and quite a few others. That will be enough just like with the flu vaccine. I have never taken it but if they say take it and you can go to Anfield than I will do.

Offline markthescouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15512 on: November 24, 2020, 07:44:11 am »
Yea, you only need to have the over 40/50s and vulnerable vaccinated to remove the majority of issues. The risk of anyone catching it and becoming seriously ill becomes tiny, and comparable to other “risks” we take in life. It’ll certainly remove any possibility of the NHS becoming over run. I don’t think all restrictions will be lifted until a lot more of the population is vaccinated, around the summer sort of time, but they can certainly be relaxed a lot by Feb when that 50+/vulnerabile group is safe.

As for only tickets for certain people depending on where they live, I think that’s above the clubs pay grade. It should be something that they’re asking for guidance on and if they’re told it’s fine to have someone sit in their own car and drive for an amount of time for the match then that’s what they should allow. Making up their own extra safe rules shouldn’t be something any organisation does imo. However as the tickets will have to be rationed anyway, the guidance may say that it’d be sensible to skew the earlier games to more local fans initially, then fans from further away later on, as more people are vaccinated and any risks becomes lower.

Offline daindan

• lyin clock......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15513 on: November 24, 2020, 08:27:26 am »
What people said without an actual vaccine before is irrelevant. We now have a vaccine that costs £3 and ok in a normal fridge like the flu vaccine. You don't need everyone to take it to achieve herd immunity and drive the infection right down. The government were happy to go with 12.5k fans in July so will have no problem now. Liverpool is already showing numbers for tier 2. All the vulnerable people will take the vaccine and quite a few others. That will be enough just like with the flu vaccine. I have never taken it but if they say take it and you can go to Anfield than I will do.
You seem to be trusting the government to do the right thing. Ultimately I think this 2/4K thing is the way for the government to shift blame when there’s a spike after Xmas. Also I don’t like the notion of if you take it you can go somewhere, we have a choice here, it should be a minimum of a negative test.  I hope you are right about Liverpool but who knows what the government will do

Offline didopich

• Kopite
« Reply #15514 on: November 24, 2020, 10:19:34 am »
I'm not trusting the government at all.. I just think with 10 vaccines coming out they want their opera House open lol and they will rush it through now

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #15515 on: November 24, 2020, 12:15:03 pm »
Season ticket holder / purple wheelie bin ..criteria sorted

There are no season ticket holders this year.

I'd say for the volume of members who have paid something this year, it would only be fair to allow some members to purchase a ticket

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #15516 on: November 24, 2020, 12:31:43 pm »
I dont think anyone is going to find what they do fair with so few tickets available

Online ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #15517 on: November 24, 2020, 12:32:37 pm »
There are no season ticket holders this year.

I'd say for the volume of members who have paid something this year, it would only be fair to allow some members to purchase a ticket

It would be nice to think the club would give a fraction to the STHs and a fraction to members but in reality they’ll probably all go to the STHs. 

For European games would be interesting though as we’re all in it together

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15518 on: November 24, 2020, 12:37:06 pm »
It would be nice to think the club would give a fraction to the STHs and a fraction to members but in reality they’ll probably all go to the STHs. 

For European games would be interesting though as we’re all in it together

They'd have to use last year's CL credits for a ballot for the CL games surely?

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15519 on: November 24, 2020, 12:54:58 pm »
I definitely think members will be included in the reckoning. The club are not going to miss out on a mass membership-selling opportunity.

But even if members are included I am not expecting to get hold of a ticket, not until the allocation increases drastically. We're talking 1k tickets available if they go 50/50 between members/STHs, if they ballot them the chances of getting one are slimmer than an ant's eyelash.

Won't stop me buying a membership and throwing my hat into the ring though! And I suspect many thousands will think the same which is why I can't see the club not going down that route