Author Topic: Spurs: fucking useless  (Read 2605470 times)

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Spurs - Commiserations
« Reply #20040 on: November 6, 2019, 11:21:09 pm »
Had aurier not been where he was it’d be a yellow and that’s it

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #20041 on: November 6, 2019, 11:59:17 pm »
Got to say I agree with ButterKeks on this one. Son made a challenge where he could not possibly get the ball. It doesn't matter how many times it ends up ok, this time he fucked a player badly. That has to be a red. The rules say otherwise, fair enough, but if that happened to anybody at work, and someone got hurt, bad luck, but you'd be out.

Also maybe as pertinent, to me at least, why didn't Spurs just live with it?
If he’d got the ball and his momentum had still carried him into Aurier then breaking his leg it wouldn’t have been a red card offence then?

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20042 on: November 7, 2019, 12:56:30 am »
They are back with this victory right? Or basically just focused on Europe now - being european royalty and all"

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #20043 on: November 7, 2019, 11:47:35 am »
Got to say I agree with ButterKeks on this one. Son made a challenge where he could not possibly get the ball. It doesn't matter how many times it ends up ok, this time he fucked a player badly. That has to be a red. The rules say otherwise, fair enough, but if that happened to anybody at work, and someone got hurt, bad luck, but you'd be out.

What if Son had made exactly the same challenge and Gomes had not landed awkwardly or Aurier had not been there, and Gomes had walked away unscathed? Would you be demanding a red then?

Or if Son had cleanly got the ball but Gomes had still landed badly or run into Aurier?

It was a yellow card challenge of the sort you see over and again in games; reckless, designed to stop a breakaway, but not dangerous or endangering and therefore a yellow.

You can't let subsequent events affect the decision-making process, and you can't start making rules up to fit how you feel because a subsequent injury not caused by the challenge is bad and has shaken you up.
Also maybe as pertinent, to me at least, why didn't Spurs just live with it?
Why should they? It won't make Gomes's injury better for them to wear a hair shirt and take on a blame that is not theirs to carry. What kind of weird self-mortification is this supposed to be? And who is supposed to feel better by it?
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #20044 on: November 7, 2019, 12:17:40 pm »
They are back with this victory right? Or basically just focused on Europe now - being european royalty and all"
Well they’re going to need to win it to be back in it anytime soon.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20045 on: November 7, 2019, 03:21:12 pm »
Pray for Son.

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #20046 on: November 7, 2019, 03:35:56 pm »
Cheers Son's crying, nice one.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20047 on: November 7, 2019, 04:21:29 pm »
What if Son had made exactly the same challenge and Gomes had not landed awkwardly or Aurier had not been there, and Gomes had walked away unscathed? Would you be demanding a red then?

Or if Son had cleanly got the ball but Gomes had still landed badly or run into Aurier?

It was a yellow card challenge of the sort you see over and again in games; reckless, designed to stop a breakaway, but not dangerous or endangering and therefore a yellow.

You can't let subsequent events affect the decision-making process, and you can't start making rules up to fit how you feel because a subsequent injury not caused by the challenge is bad and has shaken you up. Why should they? It won't make Gomes's injury better for them to wear a hair shirt and take on a blame that is not theirs to carry. What kind of weird self-mortification is this supposed to be? And who is supposed to feel better by it?

I actually think those type of challenges, where they are done in retaliation or to take a player out, should be a red card. That shithouse Choudhury tried to nail Mo v Leicester, he went off injured, missed the Mancs away and he's been carrying a knock since.

I agree with the red being rescinded in this case, but only because the decision to give the red was outside of the laws.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline wheresnemeth

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #20048 on: November 7, 2019, 05:38:17 pm »
The only good thing that Spurs has given us is "Expressions Oozing', win or loose the guys match day vlogs and post match videos are the best.

On Erikson, “It’s like he's in the matrix doing his thing and we’re just left with a munDane corpse...a morphined up corpse that does nothing fam....”
« Last Edit: November 7, 2019, 06:04:47 pm by wheresnemeth »
making a c*nting mess of a list, like c*nts on a bike trying to win the Tour de France...

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #20049 on: November 7, 2019, 10:20:10 pm »
I don't watch the Shite but did see the Son/Gomes incident on something on my phone. I only saw the tackle and Son didn't seem to do much wrong for me, and the injury appeared to be caused by Gomes colliding with another player. Anyway, in comments from Bitters I keep hearing that Son ''deliberately targeted Gomes'' after an earlier incident. For anyone who actually saw the game and knows the wider context, is there any truth in that or are the Bitters talking bollocks as usual?
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #20050 on: November 7, 2019, 10:44:39 pm »
I don't watch the Shite but did see the Son/Gomes incident on something on my phone. I only saw the tackle and Son didn't seem to do much wrong for me, and the injury appeared to be caused by Gomes colliding with another player. Anyway, in comments from Bitters I keep hearing that Son ''deliberately targeted Gomes'' after an earlier incident. For anyone who actually saw the game and knows the wider context, is there any truth in that or are the Bitters talking bollocks as usual?

Gomes caught Son in the face with a totally innocent back hand. Son, hurt and insulted, sought vigilante revenge (think Death Wish) by giving Gomes a sly little kick. So, probably, a targeted foul.

But on a much higher level of magnitude than the totally innocuous and jocular slap on the back Mason Holgate gave Firminho to congratulate Bobby for delightfully nut megging him. Obviously Mason didn't mean to catapult Bobby into the seating and Bobby must take most of the blame because he was wearing the wrong studs, or something.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #20051 on: November 7, 2019, 10:52:54 pm »

Gomes caught Son in the face with a totally innocent back hand. Son, hurt and insulted, sought vigilante revenge (think Death Wish) by giving Gomes a sly little kick. So, probably, a targeted foul.

But on a much higher level of magnitude than the totally innocuous and jocular slap on the back Mason Holgate gave Firminho to congratulate Bobby for delightfully nut megging him. Obviously Mason didn't mean to catapult Bobby into the seating and Bobby must take most of the blame because he was wearing the wrong studs, or something.

So, Son is the new Charles Bronson, then.

« Last Edit: November 7, 2019, 10:54:33 pm by Sons of pioneerS »
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline 19th Nervous Title

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #20052 on: November 8, 2019, 10:22:11 am »
Had aurier not been where he was it’d be a yellow and that’s it

But is that all there is to it?

There are 20 other players, a ref, linesmen, advertising boards, goalposts any manner of stuff for a player to collide with.

Was Son's challenge over the moment contact was made and where Gomes finished was his problem? To my mind the challenge isn't over until Gomes comes to a stop.

Spurs gained an advantage in Gomes having to go off the field and be replaced by a bench player. Maybe Gomes never plays again. There seems a visible retaliatory intent from Son going into that challenge. Giving a yellow seems a bit light.

I would have given Son a red card. If for no other reason than to deter other players. Thought the challenge had a bit of Roy Kean malice about it.
Emily Hobhouse. Britain's finest.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #20053 on: November 8, 2019, 10:24:58 am »
Thought the challenge had a bit of Roy Kean malice about it.

Nah. Keane would have made a challenge with the intent to hurt the player. Son made a cynical challenge to trip a player and the resulting fall and collision with another player is where the injury came from.

Offline 19th Nervous Title

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #20054 on: November 8, 2019, 10:56:02 am »
Agree on the Kean part. It wasn't that malice.

The part I'm having difficulty with is the tackle and the resulting fall being mutually excusive.
Emily Hobhouse. Britain's finest.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20055 on: November 8, 2019, 06:25:29 pm »
Agree on the Kean part. It wasn't that malice.

The part I'm having difficulty with is the tackle and the resulting fall being mutually excusive.

It is fine for you to have difficulty with considering them to be entirely separate, but the crucial point should be how the laws consider them and that would be a yellow as shown by the red being correctly rescinded, we already have enough problems with refs reffing to the occasion rather than what has actually happened without out adding another area for them to spread their improvisational comedy.

Offline idontknow

• idonowknowicanchangethisijustfoundouticould
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20056 on: November 9, 2019, 12:29:19 am »
If he’d got the ball and his momentum had still carried him into Aurier then breaking his leg it wouldn’t have been a red card offence then?
If Son had got the ball and Son's/Gomes' momentum had still carried Presumably Gomes into Aurier then breaking Obviously now Gomes' leg it - Son's initial challenge?-  wouldn't - why not throw a negative in here to clarify things - have been a red card offence - and a tailending- then?

I'll just go with the first bit, because what you've written doesn't make sense. But, for your first bit, I did say Son made a challenge where he could not win the ball. So your 'If Son had got the ball' is immediately, fantasy really.

You've made my head hurt.  ;)
It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.

Offline hulksagoodboy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20057 on: November 9, 2019, 03:37:13 pm »
Getting battered by the Blades so far ;D

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #20058 on: November 9, 2019, 05:20:48 pm »
Damn market correction  >:(

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #20059 on: November 9, 2019, 05:24:07 pm »
They won't stop drawing, why don't they give it a rest, they've got more losses than west ham, their team is a mess.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #20060 on: November 9, 2019, 05:30:07 pm »
Something is rotten in the state of Tottenham.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20061 on: November 9, 2019, 05:32:05 pm »
Spurs back to being the Spurs i remember so fondly.

Midtable Fodder.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #20062 on: November 9, 2019, 05:32:53 pm »
Something is rotten in the state of Tottenham.

The cheese?
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20063 on: November 9, 2019, 09:13:24 pm »
This was going to be the season this Spurs team - full of promise when they beat us 4-1 in 2017 - came of age.

When the pundits fall over themselves to say a team is going to grow together and dominate in x years - does it ever really come to fruition?

Chelsea and Leicester are the new darlings, Spurs discarded like an old sock.

I don't recall us or Man City ever having that "the future will be theirs" narrative.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20064 on: November 9, 2019, 09:27:24 pm »
This was going to be the season this Spurs team - full of promise when they beat us 4-1 in 2017 - came of age.

When the pundits fall over themselves to say a team is going to grow together and dominate in x years - does it ever really come to fruition?

Chelsea and Leicester are the new darlings, Spurs discarded like an old sock.

I don't recall us or Man City ever having that "the future will be theirs" narrative.

Neither one of us has Sir Harold of ClaimKane - if we did - they would anoint us every year even if we had an off year.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #20065 on: November 10, 2019, 02:09:57 am »

Often no. See Arsenal youngsters that would apparently grow together. Most of them bailed to Manchester or Barcelona. Then again Arsenal were hilariously referred to as the English Barcelona at one point, until the real thing destroyed them in Camp Nou in 2010 :lmao

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #20066 on: November 13, 2019, 05:03:08 pm »
Danny Rose seeing his contract out and leaving. Says he won't be forced out before so expect Spurs to get nothing for him.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #20067 on: November 13, 2019, 05:29:43 pm »
Danny Rose seeing his contract out and leaving. Says he won't be forced out before so expect Spurs to get nothing for him.

Spurs squad needs a hell of a lot of work.

They've kept the same team together for a few years more or less, a bit too long for some of them, so now this season and next, they have a few players who have played big roles in recent seasons, with deals running out.  Alderwereld, Vertonghen, Eriksen, then Rose the season after, Dier and Wanyama as well (not the biggest losses granted - but still weakens their squad). 

And if they don't win anything this year, they'll have nothing to show for that very good team they had for those years. Well, apart from a stadium that still needs paying for (and a lovely cheese room). They are 11 points out of the top 4 spots too, no CL would surely be a bit of a disaster.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20068 on: November 13, 2019, 05:50:25 pm »

he's smart as he knows his next contract is a downgrade in pay - so might as well get what he can now + signing on fee.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20069 on: November 13, 2019, 06:47:33 pm »
he's smart as he knows his next contract is a downgrade in pay - so might as well get what he can now + signing on fee.
Who would want him?, he's bang average.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20070 on: November 13, 2019, 06:58:57 pm »

I bet he will be absolutely astonished when Spurs fans boo him whenever he returns to play at their ground.  ;D

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20071 on: November 13, 2019, 07:16:23 pm »

He's smart but also the dumbest person in the World to make this public, and its not the first time. Selfish, selfish man. This coupled with his Sterling comments show how detached footballers can be from fans and from understanding what fans feel and go through for their clubs.

Saying he's going to leave on a free is distatorous PR for a club already seemingly in termoil, and its just going to create more disharmony within the squad and between the fans (as well as making the club less attractive to potential signings). Funny, last time he came out in the press was to say he wasn't getting paid enough, and now hes basically saying he won't leave because no one is willing to pay him what he earns now. Want more money Danny? Maybe don't play like crap and you will deserve it, rather than going running to the press.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2019, 07:37:25 pm by LovelyCushionedHeader »
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20072 on: November 13, 2019, 08:08:40 pm »
Who would want him?, he's bang average.

Everton. He's a former CL finalist after all. That's the level they shop at.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20073 on: November 14, 2019, 12:49:04 pm »
I wouldn't be surprised if Danny Rose wound his contract down and then retired.  He's spoken on various occasions about how he doesn't really enjoy football and he's not going to be left hard-up by retiring a few years earlier.

The problem for Spurs is that he's just saying publicly what others are likely also thinking privately.  I'd be surprised if the agents of Eriksen, Vertonghen and Aldeweireld haven't already got moves lined up - their priority will be getting big signing on fees not getting Spurs big transfer fees.

Wanyama's and Dier's contracts are also due to expire the same summer as Rose.  Neither would really be a big loss but is anyone going to want to come in and pay the kind of fees Levy wants?

At the other extreme they've got Sissoko contracted until he's 34.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20074 on: November 14, 2019, 04:12:34 pm »
even if they want to get rid of all those players - that's a lot money lost in transfer fees that they should have received.

it's very possible that this past summer of NDombele, Lo Celsius, and Sessegnon might herald a zero spend again this summer.

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #20075 on: November 14, 2019, 04:34:23 pm »
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20076 on: November 15, 2019, 07:27:11 am »
I dunno if this has been previously been discussed on the thread but it now seems absolutely obvious to me that Pochettino will go to PSG in the summer when Tuchel goes to Bayern. He loves PSG. It'll work for Levy as well, get money for him, not send him to Utd.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2019, 08:37:22 am by lamonti »

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
« Reply #20077 on: November 15, 2019, 10:51:19 am »
I dunno if this has been previously been discussed on the thread but it now seems absolutely obvious to me that Pochettino will go to PSG in the summer when Tuchel goes to Bayern. He loves PSG. It'll work for Levy as well, get money for him, not send him to Utd.

What am I missing with Tuchel? why do big clubs want to hire him? He didn't do that great at BVB did he? and he's not done great at PSG neither. Am I missing something?

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #20078 on: November 15, 2019, 11:04:11 am »
What am I missing with Tuchel? why do big clubs want to hire him? He didn't do that great at BVB did he? and he's not done great at PSG neither. Am I missing something?

He's good at being "the guy after"

He's probably one of those that waits for you to break up with your mrs then swoops in
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #20079 on: November 15, 2019, 12:45:49 pm »

In Bayern's case - he's German!

He's a weird one, I think the football hipsters think he's great, cos he's mean to be another one of these intense Guardiola type coaches, obsessed with the minutiae of football, and who wants perfection and wants to play dullard tippy tappy football with identy-kit goals and who is seen as some sort of dark and broody tactical genius. Nagelsmann is in the same vain by the way. Funnily enough, all 3 of them come across as so far up their own arses as not to see the light of day  ;D

He started well at BVB (with the team Klopp left him plus a new goalie and Julian Weigl). But it all started falling apart later that 1st season, but winning the cup the 2nd season made it look far better than it was, he wasn't sacked for nothing put it that way!

No idea how he's thought of at PSG, but I think they took the exit from the CL last year as just unfortunate, being as they where by far the better team in the tie. I think he signed a new deal there too? But I guess he has to take them far further this season.