Author Topic: Adam Lallana  (Read 589955 times)

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Adam Lallana
« Reply #4160 on: February 7, 2020, 09:59:15 pm »
the player wants guaranteed regular game time
bit of cheek really  ;D

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #4161 on: February 7, 2020, 10:10:23 pm »
Ah the annual Lallana might leave/let's get rid of Lallana posts on his thread!

Looks like it will come to an end this summer which is a big shame but it's always difficult to keep all the players happy and since he is coming to the age where he needs to play as he won't get many more years it will probably suit everyone.
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4162 on: February 8, 2020, 03:10:23 am »
Think Leicester would be a good one. He knows Rodgers well obviously.

Me too. Always figured he'd see out his career at one of the three PL teams on the south coast, but it's good to see higher level teams are interested.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #4163 on: February 8, 2020, 07:09:51 am »
Ah the annual Lallana might leave/let's get rid of Lallana posts on his thread!

Looks like it will come to an end this summer which is a big shame but it's always difficult to keep all the players happy and since he is coming to the age where he needs to play as he won't get many more years it will probably suit everyone.

I think he'd have been thinking about what to do next year but with the title looking a formality he'd see it as the perfect high to leave on and then get a 2 or 3 year deal at a good Premier League side.

Klopp then has a decision whether to go big on a midfielder to replace (Havertz) or allow  Curtis Jones to step up.
« Last Edit: February 8, 2020, 07:17:03 am by Fromola »
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4164 on: February 8, 2020, 07:13:06 am »
would the saints faithful want him back?

think he could do well there. ingsy could put in a word or two about the other german he would be playing under.

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4165 on: February 8, 2020, 08:10:42 am »

think he could do well there. ingsy could put in a word or two about the other german he would be playing under.
Think he's Austrian

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #4166 on: February 8, 2020, 08:48:52 am »
Think he's Austrian

They're all the frickin same that lot.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline aussie_ox

• Main Stander
  • LFC Blood Red all the way
« Reply #4167 on: February 8, 2020, 10:02:17 am »
Shame that Lallana is off.  Such a graceful classy footballer that gave his best years to us.

Time moves on though and we can't hang on to everyone 30+.   We have little room for sentimentality. 

I actually believe Serie A is ideal for Lallana.  Less physical, more time on the ball, more time for him to weave those intricate passes and spins.
Klopp that!

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4168 on: February 8, 2020, 12:39:18 pm »
Think he's Austrian

austrian...australian they all the same ;D

gday on the ktm mate

he is not gone yet but almost at the door. Think jones might be more than able replacement.

but what a time he had here. CL, European super cup and Club World cup Winners medal. The big one surely along the way too. Not even mentioning the FA cup yet

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4169 on: February 8, 2020, 12:46:55 pm »
He has been a great servant for us. He was one of our best players for a season or two when Klopp came in. To bad injuries took their toll.

The fact is when he replaces any of are starters you hardly notice any difference. Shows that he is still good enough to start in almost any team in the league.

Offline AmanShah21

• May be Frank Colombo. Never seen with Frank Colombo in the same room at the same time. You don’t have to be Sherlock Holmes, do you Miss Marple?
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm is a golden sky!
« Reply #4170 on: February 8, 2020, 01:33:46 pm »
He has been a great servant for us. He was one of our best players for a season or two when Klopp came in. To bad injuries took their toll.

The fact is when he replaces any of are starters you hardly notice any difference. Shows that he is still good enough to start in almost any team in the league.

Wish he didn't have as many injury troubles as he did. He was instrumental when Klopp came in for his first season and then was never fit during the following seasons. Given the squad age, I think we'll be seeing a few from that age group leave every season just to have the right sort of transition. If he was a bit younger, I'd have expected to want to keep him, but a move might do him good with a new challenge. After all, he's played in a champions league final and won another, might also win the league title, so he'll leave as a world champion wherever he goes.

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4171 on: February 8, 2020, 04:12:32 pm »
Leicester does seem like it would be a great fit. Rodgers loves him and he’d be another senior leader on that relatively young team and one who’s won a bunch of stuff. Good chance he’ll get to play Champions League football too.

Do wish the injuries hadn’t robbed him of so much playing time here. Such a lovely player to watch when fit and in form.
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Tony19:6

• Begets John 3:16
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born and Bred
« Reply #4172 on: February 8, 2020, 04:23:58 pm »
Be sad to see him go, for me the best first touch at the club and on his day a lovely player to watch.

Unfortunately with injuries etc, his days haven't been often enough for us.

Think Adam, Shaq and Dejan will all move on at the end of the season in search of  more minutes (hopefully with a PL winners medal in their arse pockets).
A Great man once said...
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass.
It is terribly simple."

http://twitter.com/Tony19_6

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #4173 on: February 8, 2020, 04:49:51 pm »
Maybe a second spring like Daniel Sturridge and I am sure he would be successful anywhere he chooses to go.

Hindsight is always 20/20 but I wished he had retired from international duty earlier to prolong his career at Liverpool.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #4174 on: February 8, 2020, 05:06:48 pm »
Been a brilliant servant for us, will always be fondly remembered.

As for our future it's only right for CJ to take his minutes next season and keep developing - a perfect successor.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4175 on: February 8, 2020, 06:47:42 pm »
He's been a great servant for us but it's good for both parties to part. He will excel in Leicester imo.

Offline redman64

• Anny Roader
« Reply #4176 on: February 8, 2020, 07:02:44 pm »
Wish he didn't have as many injury troubles as he did. He was instrumental when Klopp came in for his first season

Never forget the travelling kop belting out "Adam Lallana....he won it 6-1". League cup game against Soton (a Divock hattrick to boot).
Ive always really liked Lallana but as has already been said, it's the injuries that have held him back. If he'd of stayed fit in the last 4 seasons i'm sure he'd of been a more integral part of the current set-up. It'll be a shame to see him go but now is surely the time for Curtis to step up

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4177 on: February 8, 2020, 07:52:21 pm »

Think he’d love playing in the US, would dazzle everyone in that league and play for another 5 years

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #4178 on: February 9, 2020, 12:18:14 am »
Fuck's sake, he hasn't left yet, and there's only ''...understands...'' reporting saying that he might. Can't we leave the obituaries and replacements till after he actually does leave, IF he does?

He's a Liverpool player and there's a treble still to be won
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline aussie_ox

• Main Stander
« Reply #4179 on: February 10, 2020, 02:59:34 am »
Another player whos LFC career was curtailed by injuries suffered while on England duty.   For a while from Klopp joining to the end of 16/17 Lallana was truly top class and intergral to the team.   Shame to see how many injuries hamper him.

I honestly believe it's best for him to play Serie A which is not as physically demanding. 
Klopp that!

Offline scutty

• Kopite
  • Know nothing.
« Reply #4180 on: February 10, 2020, 08:01:16 am »
Why was my post deleted?

Offline Petadroli

• Legacy Fan
  • Swiss Red
« Reply #4181 on: February 10, 2020, 09:45:16 am »
He was amazing in 15/16 and 16/17, without him we would not have qualified for the CL in 16/17. And that proved to be quite important for this team and club. It would be great to keep him, but he will want to play and he won't play that much with us. He can still be very influential for a number of teams in the PL, pretty sure a fully fit Lallana would manage to improve a mid-table side to fight for the European places (Newcastle?).
Last resort if you need tickets in Switzerland.

Offline Cu Chulainn

• "It's Peanut Butter Fascist Time!" (thinkaboutit). greedy, stupid, selfish capitalist pig who hates the poor and wants to euthanise the disabled.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4182 on: February 10, 2020, 10:01:30 am »
He can do better than Newcastle. Arsenal should be all over him.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #4183 on: February 10, 2020, 10:18:48 am »
Could see him staying to be honest
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline stevo7

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • Direct Action Now
« Reply #4184 on: February 10, 2020, 10:46:50 am »
Watching the Milan Derby last night - Conte has brought in 5 premier league players - Lukaku, Sanchez, Young, Moses & Erikson.
Roma have Smalling
Wonder if that is a sign for to things to come for Serie A - bringing in older PL players, While Bundesliga bring in elite Academy (UK) players.

Reckon Lallana would do fine in Italy.

But would like a one year extension.

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #4185 on: February 10, 2020, 12:13:23 pm »
Shame that Lallana is off.  Such a graceful classy footballer that gave his best years to us.

Time moves on though and we can't hang on to everyone 30+.   We have little room for sentimentality. 

I actually believe Serie A is ideal for Lallana.  Less physical, more time on the ball, more time for him to weave those intricate passes and spins.

Agree about the taking a logical decision.

I don't think it has anything to do with his age. I think it has more to do with his injury record. This club is a business and as much as he was a fan favourite and Klopp's lieutenant in the first season, we cannot afford a 100k/week player if they are not playing.

Except for his goal against United to keep out 100% record intact, I don't remember much of him playing in the last 2 years.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4186 on: February 10, 2020, 12:14:36 pm »
Except for his goal against United to keep out 100% record intact, I don't remember much of him playing in the last 2 years.

More recently than that he turned the World Club Cup final around when he was brought on as a sub.

Offline Roughie Scouse

• Legacy Fan
  • We go again
« Reply #4187 on: February 10, 2020, 12:38:18 pm »
I rate him and would give him a year or two contract but I suspect he
Is after more of a commitment than that.  Decent pro and wish him well.
"There are places I'll remember all my life"  The Beatles,  ISTANBUL 2005

Offline Mr Benn please?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • 123456789 Benn
« Reply #4188 on: February 10, 2020, 04:31:18 pm »
More recently than that he turned the World Club Cup final around when he was brought on as a sub.
He was also really great in the FA cup against Everton just a few weeks ago.

Offline aussie_ox

• Main Stander
« Reply #4189 on: February 12, 2020, 03:16:32 am »
I would like to keep Adz but we have to start refreshing the squad eventually.    Milner, Henderson, Wijnaldum all in their thirties next season.   Lalllana wants first team football whereas someone like Milly is happy to be that utility player and fill in where needed. 

I expect Dejan to be sold for the very same reason.
Klopp that!

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4190 on: February 12, 2020, 12:13:10 pm »
I would like to keep Adz but we have to start refreshing the squad eventually.    Milner, Henderson, Wijnaldum all in their thirties next season.   Lalllana wants first team football whereas someone like Milly is happy to be that utility player and fill in where needed. 

I expect Dejan to be sold for the very same reason.

:butt

Offline AmanShah21

• May be Frank Colombo. Never seen with Frank Colombo in the same room at the same time. You don’t have to be Sherlock Holmes, do you Miss Marple?
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm is a golden sky!
« Reply #4191 on: February 12, 2020, 02:01:22 pm »
Be sad to see him go, for me the best first touch at the club and on his day a lovely player to watch.

Unfortunately with injuries etc, his days haven't been often enough for us.

Think Adam, Shaq and Dejan will all move on at the end of the season in search of  more minutes (hopefully with a PL winners medal in their arse pockets).

I am not so sure about Shaq or Dejan. For Shaq, he'll move if the money is right, so its very likely. For Dejan, I don't think we'll be actively looking to sell. I don't think he'll command a big fee with 1 year on his contract. maybe 10-12 million. Add his wages and we are looking at 15 million in net worth and I just don't see how it would help us to let him go. He's still 30, and getting one more season out of him and letting him go on a free would not be a bad deal.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4192 on: February 12, 2020, 02:05:08 pm »
Lovren wants to play - we almost sold him this summer due to his desire to play/start - but Klopp convinced him to stay for another year. Don't know if that will happen again this summer.

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4193 on: February 12, 2020, 03:25:12 pm »
Lovren wants to play - we almost sold him this summer due to his desire to play/start - but Klopp convinced him to stay for another year. Don't know if that will happen again this summer.

maybe a certain curly haired egyptian might have a word with him as well. imagine him leaving with a EPL winners medal round his neck. would definitely bump his stock upwards.

back to Adam. He is fit for Norwich isn't he. Remember THAT game. part of the klopp doubters to believers campaign.

Offline Red1976

• Main Stander
« Reply #4194 on: February 12, 2020, 11:18:47 pm »

The simple answer to that is - no. He left under a cloud at Southampton and Lallana is very disliked by many Saints fans as a result.  That leaves Portsmouth, who are not a premiership team , so another no. Or Bournemouth - which would be another no if they are relegated. My guess would be that Lallana will go to Spurs, West Ham or Leicester.

Offline HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #4195 on: February 12, 2020, 11:22:31 pm »
The simple answer to that is - no. He left under a cloud at Southampton and Lallana is very disliked by many Saints fans as a result.  That leaves Portsmouth, who are not a premiership team , so another no. Or Bournemouth - which would be another no if they are relegated. My guess would be that Lallana will go to Spurs, West Ham or Leicester.

Rodgers was talking him up so can definitely see a move to Leicester in the summer. He’s at an age where he will want to be playing regularly and Leicester would the perfect place

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4196 on: February 19, 2020, 11:10:51 am »
From Sky Sports

BREAKING: Leicester City have made an initial approach to Adam Lallana’s representatives - the Liverpool midfielder is out of contract in the summer.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #4197 on: February 19, 2020, 11:32:54 am »
From Sky Sports

BREAKING: Leicester City have made an initial approach to Adam Lallana’s representatives - the Liverpool midfielder is out of contract in the summer.

Makes sense for all concerned.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • At the End of a Storm there's a Golden Sky.
« Reply #4198 on: February 19, 2020, 01:45:53 pm »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51556874

Adam Lallana to leave on a free at the end of the season.
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly

Offline #RedDawn2020

• Main Stander
« Reply #4199 on: February 19, 2020, 04:06:46 pm »
Although he didn’t contribute as much as he probably could have in the last few years due to injuries, he was probably the first pro to completely not only buy into the Klopp philosophy, but execute it on the pitch as well.

Given that he and Klopp are/ used to be neighbors, he helped him settle here a bit as well I assume.

As with many a pro, we have outgrown him however in the last couple of years. All the best to him if he leaves, let’s hope his place in the squad will be put to good use.
“Intensity is our identity.”