Author Topic: FSG (*)  (Read 828645 times)

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
Re: FSG
« Reply #3280 on: February 7, 2017, 04:36:55 pm »
You could  argue all those in bold have been either decent or amazing purchases.

Alli, Alderweireld and to some extent Wanyama have been the amazing signings for them. In the same period we have only Mane who has had same impact.

Wanyama has been ok, not outstanding in the same way as Mane, Aiderweireld and Alli.

Clyne, Milner, Firmino, Mane, Wijnaldum and Matip have come in during the past 2 seasons. They have all been good signings. Maybe Wijnaldum is at the decent stage but the rest have all been good signings.

People need to take the blinkers off for a second and at least be fair on all this. People have claimed how amazing Spurs are but they also went this season 10 games with 1 win.

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #3281 on: February 7, 2017, 04:41:52 pm »
People expecting wholesale changes in the summer are going to be disappointed. Klopp said when he came that there was plenty to work with and he was loyal to players. He added a few in the summer and we've clearly improved. No doubt he'll do the same this summer. I realise patience is thin on the ground but slow steady improvement has got to better than binning half the squad and the manager every 2-3 years.

I really don't get this we have clearly improved stuff. We had a great run in the Autumn but started the season losing to Burnley and have just taken 1 point from 3 games against teams in the bottom 3 whilst scraping past Plymouth and getting dumped out of both Cups.

Are we really clearly better than the side that beat Dortmund on the way to a European final that we should of won if we had taken our chances in the first half. I am not so sure.

For me at the moment we look as bad as we have done under Klopp. We look short of confidence and most of our players look tired and out of form. Hopefully it is only temporary but at the moment I wouldn't back is to beat anyone and we have a tough run of fixtures ahead of us.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Occy

• Anny Roader
  • Loves to Lurk.
« Reply #3282 on: February 7, 2017, 04:41:56 pm »

Enough matches this season to be top four material  :)

We won the top4 material cup

Online Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #3283 on: February 7, 2017, 04:44:44 pm »
Wanyama has been ok, not outstanding in the same way as Mane, Aiderweireld and Alli.

Clyne, Milner, Firmino, Mane, Wijnaldum and Matip have come in during the past 2 seasons. They have all been good signings. Maybe Wijnaldum is at the decent stage but the rest have all been good signings.

People need to take the blinkers off for a second and at least be fair on all this. People have claimed how amazing Spurs are but they also went this season 10 games with 1 win.
Which also shows how reliant they are on Harry Kane, that's the biggest difference between us and them, a consistent goal scorer. It's amazing how having one of those makes every other player look so much better.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #3284 on: February 7, 2017, 04:47:09 pm »
Which also shows how reliant they are on Harry Kane, that's the biggest difference between us and them, a consistent goal scorer. It's amazing how having one of those makes every other player look so much better.

We have scored 6 more goals than them this season still. In fact we're still (joint) top scorers in the league.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3285 on: February 7, 2017, 04:47:20 pm »

Yes and likewise in the 10 games we haven't played well we have had in most of them no Mane and a Coutinho who just came back from injury and who does what he always does after an injury which is take a number of weeks to start playing well again.

Kane started scoring not long after coming back. If Mane and Coutinho can pick up form again then so will we.

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3286 on: February 7, 2017, 04:48:41 pm »
I really don't get this we have clearly improved stuff. We had a great run in the Autumn but started the season losing to Burnley and have just taken 1 point from 3 games against teams in the bottom 3 whilst scraping past Plymouth and getting dumped out of both Cups.
That great run being 23 games until Sunderland in January. That's a pretty sizeable number of games in a season.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3287 on: February 7, 2017, 04:52:55 pm »
Milner? Firmino? Clyne?

I'd argue Can, Origi and Lovren have been pretty good too.

Yeah okay top ones I agree with.

Can has been pretty good but not this season, Origi has been okay.

Disagree with Lovren. He's had the odd good game.

But we're talking about impact. Their 2 cbs are best pairing in league and win them games along with their keeper.

Alli wins them games too at the other end of pitch

We have Firmino and Mane who are game changers, the others aren't.
« Last Edit: February 7, 2017, 04:54:36 pm by clinical »
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #3288 on: February 7, 2017, 04:54:41 pm »
Would never want wholesale changes in a single transfer window unless it was absolutely necessary and we were in no doubt prepared to have a transition season following it.

I'm of the school of thought that you add only a few very good players at a time. One or two....three if ur lucky. The sort of players you spend the season before identifying with ur fancy tools and scouting and talking with their agents etc.

Then maybe a backup or two if you get rid of a few others from the squad.

All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #3289 on: February 7, 2017, 04:56:59 pm »

Are we really clearly better than the side that beat Dortmund on the way to a European final that we should of won if we had taken our chances in the first half. I am not so sure.

For me at the moment we look as bad as we have done under Klopp. We look short of confidence and most of our players look tired and out of form. Hopefully it is only temporary but at the moment I wouldn't back is to beat anyone and we have a tough run of fixtures ahead of us.

You mean games against the top teams, of whom we have a pretty good record against this season. It wasn't so long ago Tottenham hadn't won, and even now they don't look as good as they have. Also Chelsea, Arsenal, City and United have all had spells of form that hasn't been impressive. So maybe expecting us to go through the entire season without a downward trend, was always asking a bit much.   
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #3290 on: February 7, 2017, 04:57:06 pm »
I watched Real Sociedad beat Osasuna 3-2 the other night, and a few weeks ago watched Valencia draw 3-3 against Osasuna.

Both were absolutely cracking games with some brilliant goals as well (Sergio Leon's versus Sociedad was particularly good imo)

And so you can imagine my surprise to see that they are rock bottom of the table and 8 points from safety.

I'd much rather watch them play than Sunderland, Palace, Hull or Burnley.

Not sure why you find it unwatchable! But each to his own!

What the fuck have scorelines got to do with the standard of football being played? They have 3-2s and 3-3s in the fucking A-League it doesn't mean it's any good.

Let's bring Aspas back then, and Alberto and Morientes while we're at it. Maybe Borja Baston is available from Swansea, he banged them in in Spain so he must be good.

Like I said though, wrong thread, so let's move on.
« Last Edit: February 7, 2017, 04:59:23 pm by A change without it backfiring! »

Online Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #3291 on: February 7, 2017, 04:57:50 pm »
We have scored 6 more goals than them this season still. In fact we're still (joint) top scorers in the league.
Good job I said consistent goals scorer hey.

We've done a good job of filling our boots earlier in the season but we look toothless now, we've not scored in four games this season which is the worst of the top five teams (I think).
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #3292 on: February 7, 2017, 05:05:50 pm »
That great run being 23 games until Sunderland in January. That's a pretty sizeable number of games in a season.

Since we stuffed Watford at the start of November we have taken 20 points from 13 games and for me the only really good performance was at Boro. When you look at who we have played since the start of November we should of done much much better.

Up to then we were doing great really great at times but since then the balance of the squad has caught us out for me.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #3293 on: February 7, 2017, 05:12:00 pm »
We won the top4 material cup

Wha? When you start having to twist my words around, sorry, I've won. I talked about winning matches.

We are in fifth right now and continue to fall down the table.

So what? It's only February. There's always next year if you wanna jack it in now (I most certainly don't).

What's another year or two when you have waited 27? I can wait. I will wait. As long as it takes. Because that's how long it takes  :)
« Last Edit: February 7, 2017, 05:18:46 pm by ToneLa »

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #3294 on: February 7, 2017, 05:16:29 pm »
Would never want wholesale changes in a single transfer window unless it was absolutely necessary and we were in no doubt prepared to have a transition season following it.

I'm of the school of thought that you add only a few very good players at a time. One or two....three if ur lucky. The sort of players you spend the season before identifying with ur fancy tools and scouting and talking with their agents etc.

Then maybe a backup or two if you get rid of a few others from the squad.

Our problem for years though has been the we have had to sell to buy. We aren't capable of adding two or three top quality players without off loading players. So we end up having to make 5, 6, 7 or 8 additions to balance out the players we lose. So we end up diluting the amount we spend per transfer.

That results in us needing to move on half of those players in the short term and we are stuck in a cycle of patching up our squad season in season out.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Historical Fool

• A fool in the present too. The ban on drivel from 666 has led to a remarkable increase in forum quality. Currently being spectacularly wooshed. Seemingly by, well, just about everything.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FSG EOTM June ‘23
    • Fenway Sports Group
« Reply #3295 on: February 7, 2017, 05:17:56 pm »
I didn't mention the mods. Think they do a great job with the exception of being a bit heavy on locking player threads.

There was a policy of banning player threads and I wish it would go back to that.
Tubby thinks PGMOL are awesome..

And tubby is always right

Offline Historical Fool

• A fool in the present too. The ban on drivel from 666 has led to a remarkable increase in forum quality. Currently being spectacularly wooshed. Seemingly by, well, just about everything.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FSG EOTM June ‘23
    • Fenway Sports Group
« Reply #3296 on: February 7, 2017, 05:22:56 pm »

Actually Kane was back for a significant part of that run... that run came when dembele was serving his ban. Kane's rate of scoring if I remember an early FFS article was directly linked to dembeles presence in the team and has been for two Seasons now.
Tubby thinks PGMOL are awesome..

And tubby is always right

Offline Rattleduser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3297 on: February 7, 2017, 05:54:05 pm »
 klopp demands so much physically from his players that for me they have burnt out, along with his tactics failing to gain the same success as earlier on in the campaign. We need a bigger squad with capable replacements so he can rotate more without the massive drop off in quality, that is gonna take several transfer windows and a massive amount of luck.

I doubt the owners want to spend what is required to fast track that or pay first team wages out for squad players. FSG will be buying in lower fee/wages gambles instead of bringing in more mane levels of quality to fill out the squad along with one relatively be big buy every summer.

We need to build a squad when prices have never been higher, the game is not stacked in our favour at all.

Patience.
PSN: white-of-my-eyes

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3298 on: February 7, 2017, 06:14:48 pm »
Since we stuffed Watford at the start of November we have taken 20 points from 13 games and for me the only really good performance was at Boro. When you look at who we have played since the start of November we should of done much much better.

Up to then we were doing great really great at times but since then the balance of the squad has caught us out for me.
Smashed stoke and held City to no chances. They were good performances. We were fine most of November and December outside of West ham and Bournemouth.
« Last Edit: February 7, 2017, 06:17:12 pm by Chris~ »

Offline riismeister

• Legacy Fan
  • Onwards and upwards
« Reply #3299 on: February 7, 2017, 06:17:16 pm »
But thats the thing tho, 150k 5 years ago is todays 250-300k. We arent in a position to do this, we have only got 2 players in 150k a week and one of those was from two weeks ago.
How many players actually earn £200k+ per week? And I'm not talking about image rights and sponsorships, etc., only what the clubs pay them to play football. I doubt it's much more than 20 players in all of Europe, probably all spread across 7 teams (Mancs x2, Chelsea, Barca, Real, Bayern, PSG), with maybe Alexis Sanchez being the one player outside those clubs?

If a player we're trying to sign ask for £200k per week he can fuck right off. No player we could realistically sign is worth that kind of money. That's what we'd pay someone AFTER they'd scored 50 league goals for us in two seasons,

Offline Jfor83

• Main Stander
« Reply #3300 on: February 7, 2017, 06:43:04 pm »
Plenty said that about the Main too, and look what we have now!

You're talking about a big investment, so it will always be a case of it having to make financial sense. That may mean it ends up over a longer period, or it may mean the increased capacity which is being rumoured makes it more viable at the level of ticket price which can realistically be charged.

As said, it was never going to be done until the Main was, so I doubt we'll hear anything until at least the summer given it hasn't been yet and the new shop is underway.

You're right about the main stand, although I always expected that to be done due to the bigger increase in revenue it gives us as well as a bigger increase in value of the club as a whole.
Why did FSG feel the need to state the anfield road would only go ahead if the figures add up? Surely everyone knows that anyway, it not gonna get built if it's gonna cost 500m obviously! I'm not a doom monger or a total pessimist, I'm just doubtful as to wether they have the will to push it through compared to doing the main stand. I hope I'm wrong and I'm big enough to hold my hand up and admit I was if it goes ahead.

Offline KiNki

• Smicer devotee supreme, Sammy Lee impersonator extraordinaire.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • i am an_nik_ki.
    • http://hfdinfo.com/digital
« Reply #3301 on: February 7, 2017, 06:43:55 pm »
As long as it takes. Because that's how long it takes  :)

active supporter or passive fan?  but if you're a passive fan...and they are turning fans into customers...the customer reserves the right to complain about the quality of the product...and thus could become an active supporter.

In all seriousness, after the dempsey debacle, in which fsg conceded fuck ups, we had one of the best windows we've had in twenty years - a young fit sturridge and young fit phil.    We shouldn't have had to rant and rave to get them to act but its what happened, in the face of criticism, they decided to act.  Would they have bothered if we hadn't? 

And again, after fucking up another opportunity they've rushed through deals for phil, and are looking to secure others, plus promised a big summer, stevie g spoke of 4/5 big signings and yesterday there was talk of fsg being hurty by criticism and again a promise of not four or five big signings but 6. 

If we carry on in this vein we might before February get an announcement of a decent 11 plus 3/4/5 decent subs.

Alternatively, they wouldn't have to fend off criticism quite so frequently if they just did as me and al advocated five years ago and employed football ceo who has the pedigree befitting a club of this stature who had the power and authority to act and not have to wait for the annual summer showdown of what went wrong and who to scapegoat for it.

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #3302 on: February 7, 2017, 06:53:19 pm »
Smashed stoke and held City to no chances. They were good performances. We were fine most of November and December outside of West ham and Bournemouth.

Klopp said Stoke was a very tough game and for me they looked lively for the first 30 and could of been 2-0 up. They tired and we ran over them second half but scoring 4 from 6 attempts on target flattered us a bit.

As for the City game I thought we were pretty poor, scored early and defended for the rest of the game. The passing was poor and we pissed away some golden opportunities on the counter.

Here is what Milner said "It’s a tough game, they’re a top, top team. It was just about the result. Arguably it’s one of the worst performances for how we want to play. But it was a gutsy performance."

We got two good results but for me the performances weren't anywhere the level of pre-Bournemouth.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #3303 on: February 7, 2017, 06:56:01 pm »
Cock Wombles
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline cornishscouser92

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3304 on: February 7, 2017, 06:57:14 pm »
Fenway Sports Group are an American sports investment company.

They'd be shit investors if they didn't look to make money. They're better than Gillette and Hicks, why's everyone so irate?
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #3305 on: February 7, 2017, 06:58:24 pm »
active supporter or passive fan?  but if you're a passive fan...and they are turning fans into customers...the customer reserves the right to complain about the quality of the product...and thus could become an active supporter.

In all seriousness, after the dempsey debacle, in which fsg conceded fuck ups, we had one of the best windows we've had in twenty years - a young fit sturridge and young fit phil.    We shouldn't have had to rant and rave to get them to act but its what happened, in the face of criticism, they decided to act.  Would they have bothered if we hadn't? 

And again, after fucking up another opportunity they've rushed through deals for phil, and are looking to secure others, plus promised a big summer, stevie g spoke of 4/5 big signings and yesterday there was talk of fsg being hurty by criticism and again a promise of not four or five big signings but 6. 

If we carry on in this vein we might before February get an announcement of a decent 11 plus 3/4/5 decent subs.

Alternatively, they wouldn't have to fend off criticism quite so frequently if they just did as me and al advocated five years ago and employed football ceo who has the pedigree befitting a club of this stature who had the power and authority to act and not have to wait for the annual summer showdown of what went wrong and who to scapegoat for it.

All I have ever said about FSG is, they're not to blame for everything right now; you cannot deny this thread swells whenever we have trouble on the pitch. It is like a switch goes off - "I am unhappy. Time to slate FSG!" Sound, but everyone - including you - is dragging up ancient examples.

Clint Dempsey for example...

I have explained, and it isn't a choice I've made exactly, it's how I think - I mentally drew a line under Rodgers' era when Klopp came in and started saying things which indicated a change. I don't think that excuses FSG. I think Klopp simply has more power. Easy example, Klopp getting on a plane instead of Ayre!!

Have you missed some of my posts? One was, if the fanbase as a whole decide to do something - be it protest, or speak to SoS - I'm in. I side with my fellow reds. But we aren't that stage yet. I put questions into this thread like "What would you prefer - Chinese owners? British owners? Fan ownership?" and Al, bless him, will reply "I am not really arsed who owns us".  You could have fooled me! ;D ;D ;D

It's all circular discussions with the odd pop at the odd few who haven't just gone all-in anti-FSG these past few weeks.

I'm sorry you advocated something that didn't take off, but life isn't about getting what you want. It's about enjoying what you get. While still fighting for what you want ;)

There is clearly a need for more direct links between FSG and the fans. I dunno mate. I'd like transparency, but I would struggle to put together why I deserve it.  We are not customers when we are tied to the club. Customers have a choice  ;D But you're the one saying there is a case to answer. I am not going to put words in your mouth. If there is a case right now, build it :)

I am bowing out of this for now anyway. I have nothing new to add. Once staff single you out, it's time for a break. Nowt personal, I'm out of material!

Peace all :)
« Last Edit: February 7, 2017, 07:06:18 pm by ToneLa »

Offline kezzy

• Kopite
« Reply #3306 on: February 7, 2017, 07:05:01 pm »
All i want is for the club to show some ambition.  Make an announcement that the Annie Road end expansion is going ahead this year and then make a statement in the transfer market with a couple of signings that make you go, fuck me I didn't think we'd be able to get him.  Everything thing about the club is safe, the players are all safety first and seem unable to want to take a risk and the owners seem the same way.  I'm not talking about spending three hundred million in the transfer market but signing a goalie and striker of the highest quality. 

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #3307 on: February 7, 2017, 07:11:35 pm »
Fenway Sports Group are an American sports investment company.

They'd be shit investors if they didn't look to make money. They're better than Gillette and Hicks, why's everyone so irate?

Except they don't say that do they according to Henry "We wake up every day thinking about what we can do improve our chances of winning a championship.  It’s incredibly interesting and we really enjoy working together toward a common goal."

Asked why he bought the Club

"We kept seeing the similarities to purchasing the Red Sox in 2002.    They’ve been recounted in the media. But the most important issue for us was the ability to compete at the highest level in the world’s biggest sport.  Liverpool FC provides that opportunity.  I believe almost any sports fan would purchase a club, if they had the means.  We had the means – both financially and with regard to organizational   strength - to run one of the most coveted sports clubs in the world.    It’s a privilege."

So NO, NO, NO they aren't a Sporting hedge fund or a Sports Investment Fund looking to turn a profit. They are Sports fans who just happen to be rich. They wake up every day thinking about how to win a Championship and they are all about Liverpool competing at the highest level in Football.

And the moon is made of cheese isn't it Mr Henry.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Dave D

• Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Tich
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3308 on: February 7, 2017, 07:13:23 pm »

I am bowing out of this for now anyway. I have nothing new to add. Once staff single you out, it's time for a break. Nowt personal, I'm out of material!

Peace all :)

You've only been here a few months and a handful of league games, don't start lecturing people on how they should act towards the owners.

Offline cornishscouser92

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3309 on: February 7, 2017, 07:15:23 pm »
Except they don't say that do they according to Henry "We wake up every day thinking about what we can do improve our chances of winning a championship.  It’s incredibly interesting and we really enjoy working together toward a common goal."

Asked why he bought the Club

"We kept seeing the similarities to purchasing the Red Sox in 2002.    They’ve been recounted in the media. But the most important issue for us was the ability to compete at the highest level in the world’s biggest sport.  Liverpool FC provides that opportunity.  I believe almost any sports fan would purchase a club, if they had the means.  We had the means – both financially and with regard to organizational   strength - to run one of the most coveted sports clubs in the world.    It’s a privilege."

So NO, NO, NO they aren't a Sporting hedge fund or a Sports Investment Fund looking to turn a profit. They are Sports fans who just happen to be rich. They wake up every day thinking about how to win a Championship and they are all about Liverpool competing at the highest level in Football.

And the moon is made of cheese isn't it Mr Henry.

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #3310 on: February 7, 2017, 07:23:45 pm »
I have no issue with them wanting to make money it would just be better for us as fans if they saw that the biggest money making opportunity was to make us competitive again so that we could win leagues and European cups, attract more fans and wealth and become players on the world stage.
Sadly - from their actions - you have to really work hard to credit them with that intention

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #3311 on: February 7, 2017, 07:27:55 pm »

It is a 100% correct what you say mate.

Except they simply won't admit it. They just spin it and convince the gullible that they are here to win and compete at the highest level. Kind hearted Sports fans who saved us.

Well we are in to their seventh year of ownership and we can't even compete at the top of a piss poor Premier League.

Here is another Henryism.

How have NESV funded the £300m acquisition?
This simple answer is that we paid cash for LFC and left £37 million of stadium debt in place – even though there is no stadium in place – just a lot of expensive plans etc.  We view stadiums as separate from clubs.  They are separate entities.

I would love the disingenuous one to explain if Stadiums are separate from Clubs why the Club are paying off the cost of redeveloping a separate entity. 
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3312 on: February 7, 2017, 07:29:04 pm »

When they sell up they will at least double their initial investment.
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #3313 on: February 7, 2017, 07:40:04 pm »
I really do hope De Agostini bring out a 38 issue - 'Build your own football club board' magazine run.

While away the hours with each interesting issue of conjecture, fingercrossing, hope and guesswork, as you construct your own magical footballing board that caters to your every whim and each week you get closer to happiness knowing that one day, you will own your very own football board and they will do exactly as you wish, even after your mum calls you down for your tea, which for a 47 year old single guy living at home, is what you call real power

@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3314 on: February 7, 2017, 07:40:52 pm »
Klopp said Stoke was a very tough game and for me they looked lively for the first 30 and could of been 2-0 up. They tired and we ran over them second half but scoring 4 from 6 attempts on target flattered us a bit.

As for the City game I thought we were pretty poor, scored early and defended for the rest of the game. The passing was poor and we pissed away some golden opportunities on the counter.

Here is what Milner said "It’s a tough game, they’re a top, top team. It was just about the result. Arguably it’s one of the worst performances for how we want to play. But it was a gutsy performance."

We got two good results but for me the performances weren't anywhere the level of pre-Bournemouth.
Wasn't good for how we want to.play doesn't mean it wasn't good though. We stopped one of the best attacks in the League from creating anything. It's something fans have complained for ages that we're incapable of doing. Was better than the Watford game or me where we got very sloppy for a bit ad gave up some decent chances.

Offline KiNki

• Smicer devotee supreme, Sammy Lee impersonator extraordinaire.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • i am an_nik_ki.
    • http://hfdinfo.com/digital
« Reply #3315 on: February 7, 2017, 07:43:22 pm »
I put questions into this thread like "What would you prefer - Chinese owners? British owners? Fan ownership?" and Al, bless him, will reply "I am not really arsed who owns us".  You could have fooled me! ;D ;D ;D

It's a cheap shot and a misconception of what we have been saying since day one.

They've improved the business side, i'm not arsed about the leaked emails saying it's a steal, we all knew it was an epic swindle, there's massive market to be tapped into cos we are a massively supported club, despite winning next to fuck all for quater of a century, it's a market rick parry and david moores should have tapped into but didn't know how.   FSG have done what i expected from moores and parry, when united opened their mega store in the late 1980s moores and parry, the thick twats, thought a portacabin selling scarfs and badges was sufficient, when we won the champions league the dozy bastards had the club shop closed, while street vendors were flogging 1quid t-shirts for 20quid.

fsg are milking the cow, i don't mind all the non match day tat, events, that suck the tourist day tripper money, good luck to them, hope people have a nice day out, a nice tour, enjoy a meal, and the club get a nice chunk of money from it. I do care about match day fans getting mugged.  I care about all those who want to pay and watch us getting the opportunity over 'sweet spot' to maximise profits.

On the business side, much improvement, no doubt, we are earning more than ever before, we want to spend what we earn, so why are we spending less net than when moores was running the portacabin show? Why do we have to wait to the summer to have a sit down discussion and see who's to blame for it going wrong, why dont they employ someone with football qualifications to run the show, if they arent gonna turn up, moores for all his faults was at least on the sodding bus with the manager at every game and was aware the instant it happened that a player has a knock that might fuck up the script.

Klopp demands so much physically from his players that for me they have burnt out.

We need a bigger squad with capable replacements so he can rotate more without the massive drop off in quality.

Us know nothings, unqualified in the game, suspected the squad wasn't capable of going the entire season.
A coach, employed by munich, city, etc quibbled whether it was sustainable over the course of the season.
Football writers didn't expect us to challenge for the title for some reason either.
Despite our lack of intimate knowledge of the health of players, experience in the game, coaching methods, fitness, stamina there were a fair few doubting thomases.

The pertinent question is, who on the board had a scooby of that negative scenario of us not going the distance transpiring? who on the board with power and influence to change things thought there is a possibility that squad depth, despite lack of european footy, given the gegenpressing approach might actually tire players, and coupled with injuries and african cup, that our depth might be tested to the max in the merry month of december/january? 

Henry? linda? Werner? Gordon?  Who on the board, with power, has any football qualifications to make an impartial judgement call?

Cmon, the football decisions are as poor a call as business call of a portacabin and it effects us just as badly.

Offline liverpool185

• Kopite
« Reply #3316 on: February 7, 2017, 07:43:42 pm »
All i want is for the club to show some ambition.  Make an announcement that the Annie Road end expansion is going ahead this year and then make a statement in the transfer market with a couple of signings that make you go, fuck me I didn't think we'd be able to get him.  Everything thing about the club is safe, the players are all safety first and seem unable to want to take a risk and the owners seem the same way.  I'm not talking about spending three hundred million in the transfer market but signing a goalie and striker of the highest quality.

Do you not think they showed ambition and their intentions when they hired a world class manager in Klopp? They could of easily gone for another young manager who had zero experience in how to handle a top club.
David Moyes, a woman beater without actually beating a woman.

Offline Klippity Klopp

• LFC. For life! Yes! Not just for Kloppmas.....nooo.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3317 on: February 7, 2017, 07:46:17 pm »
Very well put and it sums up exactly how I feel about FSG also. I genuinely believe they have the clubs best interest at heart. The black and white of it is that they do back the manager financially and it really frustrates me when people claim they don't. Benteke was a Rodgers signing, everyone connected with the club knew it and whether the owners thought it was the right sort of player to bring in or not they backed the managers plan for the player and we splashed out 33 million quid. The chances are Benteke wasn't the preferred 'committee' signing if you believe the reports on who was (Coutinho, Sturridge, Firmino). If that's not backing the manager I don't know what is.

There also seems to be a notion that we continually sell our best players without a fight.  With regards to both Torres and Sterling (I will exlcude Suarez becuase once Barca come calling with 75 million pounds theres almost nothing than can be done), the owners made it completely clear that anything below the 50 million pound asking price would be instantly rejected and they stuck to their word until they got the fee they asked for. Both players wanted to move on and it would have been easy to accept the 43 million pounds City bid for Sterling and run but FSG made in concrete that everything was on their terms otherwise the player would be going nowhere. In hindsight, we concluded two great deals for the players and I'm pretty sure a high percentage of fans were also content with how they have panned out. If you look at the replacements we brought in; Suarez and Firmino we almost certainly upgraded on both the sale of Torres and Sterling with better players for half the price. Fantastic business, but its almost as though the fact that they weren't 50 million players themselves, its held against the owners. I remember at the time we sold Suarez and all or deals had been done before deadline day fans were claiming what a great summer we had had; strengthening in a number of positions with the money available. We spent 45 million on Lovren and Lallana both of whom were high on Rodgers priorities - not the owners choices.

With regards to Klopp, the amount of dead wood that he shifted last summer we were always going to run up a decent total in player sales. The owners backed Klopp with the players he wanted. We spent 34 million on Mane, a fee that most on here were saying was too much. It seems they are damned if they do, damned if they don't. No Europe this season is a major factor with regards to squad size whether people like it or not, its pretty much 10-12 less games on the assumption we made the QF of a European Comp. There is no point in stockpiling players for 3 competitions. Apart from the past month or so Origi and Sturridge have barely had a run in the first team. The squad size isn't the biggest problem as far as I'm concerned, its more to do with tactics and teams coming up with better strategies to counter us. We could have gone out and spent 25 million on a Mane replacement for January, because apparently missing Mane was the core problem. Well that didn't seem the case on Saturday.

The solution to our current problems are always on the training field and not in the Janaury transfer market.

Just like you agreed with my original post - I agree with yours.

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #3318 on: February 7, 2017, 07:52:16 pm »
Do you not think they showed ambition and their intentions when they hired a world class manager in Klopp? They could of easily gone for another young manager who had zero experience in how to handle a top club.

Firstly they should never of got a young manager with zero experience in the first place.

Secondly does Rafa going to Newcastle mean that Newcastle are now full of ambition and intention.

For me they wanted Klopp not because he is World Class but because he initially got Dortmund to massively overachieve on a shoestring budget. Is recruiting Klopp a show of intention or merely another attempt at hitting the jackpot without actually risking anything.

If Klopp was a high maintenance Super Coach who flitted from Club to Club winning trophies but demanding huge investment do you think FSG would of gone for him.   
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #3319 on: February 7, 2017, 07:53:10 pm »
Çant even bring yourself to give them an ounce of credit can you Al?  ::)