Author Topic: Lucas  (Read 143605 times)

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
Re: Lucas
« Reply #880 on: July 23, 2017, 02:34:25 pm »
Lucas has been one of the very best servants to the club for the last decade. The legacy he leaves here is one of never giving up and never giving in.
(snip)
Great clips there mate - fine tribute to a truly dedicated Red. We'll miss him.

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #881 on: July 25, 2017, 11:14:13 am »
At his best he moved the ball around so quickly and effortlessly. He was always available for the short pass and always was looking a pass ahead to keep the ball moving. At times this looked so simple but it was very effective. Hopefully he'll regain his best form and if he does then he'll make a big impact.
#JFT97

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #882 on: July 25, 2017, 12:31:13 pm »
Just saw his last interview and just a honest to goodness Liverpool lad at this stage. Everything serious that has occurred to him in his adult life has Liverpool as a center to it and you could see he was torn but still optimistic about his next chapter. When he was asked what he thinks about Liverpool he just hit me in the gut when he said "My Life". Wish every player we have had his spirit!!!
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
  • And stop calling me Shirley
« Reply #883 on: July 27, 2017, 08:29:45 pm »

Woodburn has some nice things to say about Lucas' influence on him:

“They all give me advice, but I have to say Lucas gave me a lot of advice because there was a time when he played for the U23s at Arsenal last year. From then on, he gave me a lot of advice and really helped me to settle in when I first came to Melwood. He was a big personality and big influence on me.”
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #884 on: July 27, 2017, 09:18:58 pm »
By all accounts a true gentleman, an amazing servant on and off the pitch for Liverpool who gave his all and who graced the pitch with some of the best / most influential players of his and our generation in the likes of Gerrard, Suarez, Alonso, Carra, Torres etc.

Am sure his presence will be a big loss and his fellow Brazilians will be very sad to see him go.

Really looking forward to seeing how things go in Serie A. Have no doubt he'll do well there and hopefully he has some success.

Thank you Lucas Leiva. YNWA

« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 09:20:45 pm by Phil M »
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #885 on: August 13, 2017, 09:41:47 pm »
Won as much as he did here at lazio already

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #886 on: August 13, 2017, 09:55:29 pm »
Won as much as he did here at lazio already

Charity Shields don't count
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #887 on: August 13, 2017, 10:26:50 pm »
He did have a shot on target, so a good start.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #888 on: August 14, 2017, 12:12:16 am »
Wins Cup in his first game. Well in!
« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 12:48:11 am by Chakan »

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #889 on: August 14, 2017, 12:47:31 am »
Lazio fans were impressed.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline Daniel Cabbaggio

• Roughage
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pass and move, keep it simple = 19 & 6
    • www.redandwhitekop.com
« Reply #890 on: August 14, 2017, 01:17:15 am »
Hes away one month and the gaff has already fell apart         /joke

Wellin Lucas Lad
YNWA

Offline SlowRap

• SlowCrapAllOverTheBoards. No longer appealing! Apparently not a bastard. But no denial of being sarcastic and having no clue. Interesting. Fist pumps all the way down the stairs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
« Reply #891 on: August 14, 2017, 08:25:30 am »
Hes away one month and the gaff has already fell apart         /joke

Wellin Lucas Lad
Might be some truth in this, he kept the Brazillian lads happy, organised parties, etc. Now they feel less at home without him.
"We must turn from doubters into believers" - Jurgen Klopp

I've got a feeling that Origi is the real deal, from a couple of games I watched but mainly his interviews there seems to be something about him.

Offline Sangria

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #892 on: August 14, 2017, 09:36:40 am »
Highlights of Lazio v Juventus.

https://youtu.be/bKI2a7saWxY
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #893 on: August 14, 2017, 10:33:00 am »
Well done Lucas.

Offline Sahara

• Kopite
  • 8 Dimensional
« Reply #894 on: August 14, 2017, 12:11:41 pm »
LACKEEEE  ;) well done Lucas.
★              ★              ★              ★              ★             ★ 

Offline Johnny B. Goode

• Currently flying solo.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • What planet is Garrincha from?
« Reply #895 on: October 2, 2017, 12:13:37 pm »
How has he been playing? Lazio are doing well and he seems to be featuring heavily for them.
'You put Pele face-to-face with me and I'll tell him: Pelé - you, me, any so-and-so...we can't deal with Garrincha, he's better than all of us.' Eusebio

Offline pyroparty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #896 on: October 2, 2017, 12:21:06 pm »
Not seen much of them apart from v Milan but according to their forums he's playing very well and they love him already, though not as loved as Luis Alberto who they absolutely worship and are comparing to Veron!  :o

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #897 on: October 2, 2017, 02:32:06 pm »
Not seen much of them apart from v Milan but according to their forums he's playing very well and they love him already, though not as loved as Luis Alberto who they absolutely worship and are comparing to Veron!  :o

I could imagine a club like Swansea having a pair like Lucas and Luis Alberto in the middle for them and doing great things. Both very classy players
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline Sangria

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #898 on: October 3, 2017, 10:21:13 pm »

Luis Alberto goal versus Sassuolo, 3-1. Lucas can't have been happy with Immobile.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iypNWTcoveI
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

Offline ghost1359

• Loves his nuts, but can't swallow them without gagging
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #899 on: October 3, 2017, 10:30:42 pm »
How has he been playing? Lazio are doing well and he seems to be featuring heavily for them.

Really well, he's been helped by the fact that Lazio have been absolutely flying since the season kicked off but in fairness he's been a big part of that.

Lucas has just been Lucas, there are clear and obvious deficiencies in his game but for all he was slated by a lot here he has a lot of strengths too. His quick passes into the feet of the front 3 from a deep lying position have been a big feature for Lazio already this season. Felipe Anderson and him in particular have already worked up quite a nice understanding.
"Be on the watch, the gods will offer you chances. Know them, take them" - The laughing heart, Charles Bukowski

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #900 on: October 3, 2017, 10:33:31 pm »
Injuries took their toll on Lucas, sadly, but the slower pace of Serie A suits him perfectly. He's playing really, really well. His reading of the game is elite.

Luis Alberto has been playing some brilliant football for them too.

Offline pyroparty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #901 on: October 3, 2017, 10:38:25 pm »
Really well, he's been helped by the fact that Lazio have been absolutely flying since the season kicked off but in fairness he's been a big part of that.

Lucas has just been Lucas, there are clear and obvious deficiencies in his game but for all he was slated by a lot here he has a lot of strengths too. His quick passes into the feet of the front 3 from a deep lying position have been a big feature for Lazio already this season. Felipe Anderson and him in particular have already worked up quite a nice understanding.

;D Felipe Anderson been injured all season so far hasn’t he so that is especially impressive!

Offline ghost1359

• Loves his nuts, but can't swallow them without gagging
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #902 on: October 3, 2017, 10:39:35 pm »
Who the fuck have I been watching then??  :butt
"Be on the watch, the gods will offer you chances. Know them, take them" - The laughing heart, Charles Bukowski

Offline Sangria

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #903 on: October 3, 2017, 10:56:06 pm »
Who the fuck have I been watching then??  :butt

Probably Luis Alberto. The Lazio spine appears to be Lucas-Alberto-Immobile. The player I'm most interested in is their young CB Luis Felipe. He's supposed to be a quick ball playing CB. Have you watched him, and how does he look?
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Seńor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #904 on: October 5, 2017, 12:56:25 pm »
Probably Luis Alberto. The Lazio spine appears to be Lucas-Alberto-Immobile. The player I'm most interested in is their young CB Luis Felipe. He's supposed to be a quick ball playing CB. Have you watched him, and how does he look?

He's probably watching Filipe Luis by accident :P

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #905 on: October 15, 2017, 12:45:46 am »
Good win at Juventus today

Offline leivapool

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pass and move!
« Reply #906 on: October 29, 2017, 08:25:49 pm »
Lazio have won 6 on the bounce in Serie A,  Lucas has started every single one of them!

Incidentally,  Luis Alberto has 2 goals and 4 assists in that period!!

Lazio are flying!
Rossiter absolutely bossed it tonight. Really believe he'll end up playing more games this season than Lucas.

Henderson won't make it here. Sorry but he won't and won't

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #907 on: October 29, 2017, 10:26:57 pm »
Lazio have won 6 on the bounce in Serie A,  Lucas has started every single one of them!

Incidentally,  Luis Alberto has 2 goals and 4 assists in that period!!

Lazio are flying!

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaassss Lucas is the greatest player of all time am I right?!?

Offline petecolonia

• Anny Roader
  • Left of the Sinking Ship
    • Northern Independence Party
« Reply #908 on: October 30, 2017, 08:36:32 am »
Perfect player for the Italian league he is, made up for him! Has he scored a screamer yet? :D
Bunch of centrist wetwipes - Watching Britain sink into obscurity.

Keir Starmer will tank hard. Alan X says I'm a bore, but at least I don't mod forums. That's just sad.

Offline Sangria

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #909 on: October 30, 2017, 09:08:58 am »
Perfect player for the Italian league he is, made up for him! Has he scored a screamer yet? :D

Not yet, but he has notched up one big scalp already, being the best player on the pitch in their win over Juventus. Even before thst game, one journo had already coined "the Leiva effect" to describe the different mentality of the Lazio team.
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #910 on: October 30, 2017, 09:38:09 am »
Remember the good old days, when we were all moaning about Lucas being in our defence? ;)  ;D
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Sangria

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #911 on: October 30, 2017, 10:22:14 am »
Remember the good old days, when we were all moaning about Lucas being in our defence? ;)  ;D

Lazio fans were moaning about having in defence too, but mainly because it means he's not in midfield. AFAIK they were still level in the Napoli game when he was moved back. Other than that, they've won every game he's played in. Other than his monstrous reading of the game (the most frequent adjective used to describe his most praised asset), they've also been surprised by how much quicker and more forward looking he passes the ball than Biglia, having been led to believe he was nothing but a defender. On the pitch they compare him to one of their old favourites (and hipster fave), Matias Almeyda, except that Lucas is a better technical player. Off they pitch they compare him to Miroslav Klose, whose signing dragged up the mentality of the whole squad. Before the signing they were doubtful about replacing their outgoing captain (Biglia) with a Liverpool reserve. Right now they're wondering why Liverpool let him go, and gloating over the best signing of the summer, with a similar view as Newcastle fans re: Benitez ("I can't believe we have him.")

On a more concrete note, he was subbed off in the last game with Luis Alberto, showing what Inzaghi considers to be his spine. Lucas at 6, Luis Alberto at 10, Immobile at 9, and the rest of the team fits around that.
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #912 on: November 4, 2017, 12:47:33 am »
It's amazing how players on their last legs in England can rock up in Italy and totally dominate the league, due to the slower pace. He's probably now going to be good for another solid 3-4 years for them.

Anyway, love Lucas. Hope he wins some trophies over there.

Offline joekim87

• Truly gone shark fishing.....
  • Kopite
« Reply #913 on: November 17, 2017, 04:23:59 am »
I wonder if the Italian league is actually weaker or it's just 'different'. Does slower pace equate 'lower' or 'different'?

So glad to see Lucas doing so well!!!

Offline groove

• eeeeee baby!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #914 on: November 17, 2017, 11:58:16 pm »
I definitely think it's a weaker league, but I think Lucas could've extended his stay here possibly under a different manager that maybe had a more defined defensive midfielder role. I think he would've been valued higher in that instance.

Offline welshred1976

• Legacy Fan
  • make us dream
« Reply #915 on: November 18, 2017, 10:46:49 am »
I definitely think it's a weaker league, but I think Lucas could've extended his stay here possibly under a different manager that maybe had a more defined defensive midfielder role. I think he would've been valued higher in that instance.

I wondered that and thought Rafa may go for him. Think his lack of mobility after injuries made him think of another challenge. His reading of the game should be well suited to the slightly more sedate Italian football.
“The status of the club is incredible, but it’s only until you come in it that you understand everything that goes on with the football club, with the Hillsborough Support Group ... it’s more than a football club, this is a way of life." Mr. Rodgers

Offline harryc

• ane ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live in a Red and a White Kop
« Reply #916 on: December 7, 2017, 10:29:52 pm »

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #917 on: December 7, 2017, 10:32:50 pm »
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline red vinyl

• Kopite
« Reply #918 on: December 8, 2017, 03:17:44 pm »
He played well when he came on and started a little comback for Lazio,why he came on at 55 minutes with another Brazilian lad i dont know. They both lifted the tempo and Lazio looked more threatening but my word theyre a poor side.

Offline God's Left Peg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #919 on: December 8, 2017, 09:26:45 pm »
"The socialism I believe in is everybody working for the same goal and everybody having a share in the rewards. That's how I see football, that's how I see life."