Author Topic: FSG (*)  (Read 832235 times)

Offline penga

• What you get if you cross Pingu with Jenga.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: FSG (*)
« Reply #7200 on: March 27, 2017, 02:59:23 am »
Rafa signed a new contract when Hicks and Gillet were in charge.
That's not even a real reason. Very different people in very different circumstances.

Offline joekim87

• Truly gone shark fishing.....
  • Kopite
« Reply #7201 on: March 27, 2017, 03:16:57 am »
We make the top 4 this season and sign 2 or 3 30~40 million pound players and one 50 million plus player and I think we'll be all in love with FSG again.

If we fail to make a good amount of signings again this summer (in key areas) I'd be worried as well. Rome wasn't built in a day and I think most people would have to agree that we have been making good/great progress since FSG came in.

Offline AaronSingh25

• Never Going to Grow Old. Dis-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7202 on: March 27, 2017, 05:16:36 am »

I think most people would have to agree that we have been making good/great progress since FSG came in.

One top 4 finish under their tenure, with the average finish around 6th or 7th - what progress are we talking about? Perhaps lowering standards for sure.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #7203 on: March 27, 2017, 06:21:57 am »
Hodgson a decent manager, now I've heard it all.

He's in the top 1% of managers
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Roady

• Streety's long lost brother. AKA the Shit Buhunt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7204 on: March 27, 2017, 07:32:45 am »
I'm genuinely puzzled as to people questioning them.
Giant sponges. That is the answer for flooding.

Online ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #7205 on: March 27, 2017, 08:07:52 am »
Hodgson was a decent manager.

Thats my signature sorted.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #7206 on: March 27, 2017, 08:21:11 am »
I'm sure I remember Al saying Klopp wasn't one of the top managers a little over a year ago. Nice he holds Hodgson in such high regards though.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7207 on: March 27, 2017, 08:21:57 am »
I'm sure I remember Al saying Klopp wasn't one of the top managers a little over a year ago. Nice he holds Hodgson in such high regards though.

I'm sure statistically he'd say Klopp is in the top 0.76% of managers, be fair.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7208 on: March 27, 2017, 08:25:22 am »
Rafa signed a new contract when Hicks and Gillet were in charge.

He also signed a new contract under Moratti, Abramovich, Perez, De Laurentiis and Mike Ashley.

Having a twat of an interfering, trigger happy owner clearly isn't a remote issue for Rafa. That's not the same for most other managers.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #7209 on: March 27, 2017, 08:45:58 am »
Plus regardless of signing a new contract or not, Rafa was never shy about being vocal about any issues with owners/management above him. Klopp has done nothing like that, in fact he's often done the complete opposite.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7210 on: March 27, 2017, 08:54:28 am »
Plus regardless of signing a new contract or not, Rafa was never shy about being vocal about any issues with owners/management above him. Klopp has done nothing like that, in fact he's often done the complete opposite.

Its just another one of these bizarre arguments to try and justify absolute guesswork in other areas. Because one manager has signed contracts under bad owners before, it means that every manager would definitely sign a new contract regardless of how dreadful their owners were.

It all makes sense in the microclimate of this specific thread, but in the real world of course its utterly absurd.

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #7211 on: March 27, 2017, 09:13:56 am »
He's in the top 1% of managers

Quite clearly he was because otherwise he wouldnt of managed at the highest level. Not good enough for Liverpool clearly but decent is all you aspire to regarding owners.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #7212 on: March 27, 2017, 09:16:22 am »
Quite clearly he was because otherwise he wouldnt of managed at the highest level. Not good enough for Liverpool clearly but decent is all you aspire to regarding owners.

Surely, if your reasoning is if they are employed by a top club then that makes them top 1%, then anyone we employ or buy is in the top 1%, and therefore every owner we've had over the last 20 years has been a top top owner as they've only ever employed people from that top 1%.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7213 on: March 27, 2017, 09:18:43 am »
Surely, if your reasoning is if they are employed by a top club then that makes them top 1%, then anyone we employ or buy is in the top 1%, and therefore every owner we've had over the last 20 years has been a top top owner as they've only ever employed people from that top 1%.

:hump

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #7214 on: March 27, 2017, 09:22:13 am »
Its just another one of these bizarre arguments to try and justify absolute guesswork in other areas. Because one manager has signed contracts under bad owners before, it means that every manager would definitely sign a new contract regardless of how dreadful their owners were.

It all makes sense in the microclimate of this specific thread, but in the real world of course its utterly absurd.

Guesswork is the whole basis of your argument regarding Klopp workimg for Fsg though but then again your hypocrisy knows no bounds. You are the one who brought up the notion that managers are arsed about the owners. Now you are destroying your own argument.  ;D ;D ;D

Managers work for Football clubs mate not owners.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Jfor83

• Main Stander
« Reply #7215 on: March 27, 2017, 09:23:08 am »
Not sure if it has been mentioned but if these owners are shite and not backing Klopp or pissing him about why would he sign a new contract? Surely one of our closely linked journos would mention something in the press to put some sort of pressure on them but i've not come across anything. They are decent, improved us in some ways and can do better in others which im sure they will be working on to improve.

I'm sure the £7m a year helped him sign.
I hope you still back our players after 6 and a half years as long as they are working to improve.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #7216 on: March 27, 2017, 09:24:38 am »
I'm sure the £7m a year helped him sign.
I hope you still back our players after 6 and a half years as long as they are working to improve.

Comparing owners to players is an utterly ridiculous thing to do.

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #7217 on: March 27, 2017, 09:26:41 am »

No it means decent isnt good enough we expect top players and top managers yet you accept decent owners just because they are better than the last lot. Or are you now stating that Fsg are great owners?
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Jfor83

• Main Stander
« Reply #7218 on: March 27, 2017, 09:27:19 am »
Comparing owners to players is an utterly ridiculous thing to do.

I think it's relevant. People seem to have great patience and trust in the owners but don't afford the same to our players?! I don't get it.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7219 on: March 27, 2017, 09:28:41 am »
Guesswork is the whole basis of your argument regarding Klopp workimg for Fsg though but then again your hypocrisy knows no bounds. You are the one who brought up the notion that managers are arsed about the owners. Now you are destroying your own argument.  ;D ;D ;D

Managers work for Football clubs mate not owners.

Well no Al, that's going on quotes from the manager. That's not guesswork, that's from the managers mouth. The guesswork is from yourself that those quotes from the manager aren't actually true.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7220 on: March 27, 2017, 09:30:08 am »
No it means decent isnt good enough we expect top players and top managers yet you accept decent owners just because they are better than the last lot. Or are you now stating that Fsg are great owners?

Where would you rank them in terms of percentages Al? Top 0.24%?

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #7221 on: March 27, 2017, 09:30:19 am »

I'd say as far as owners go they are in the top 1%.

Offline Groundskeeper Willie

• Loves a good Meat Flute! Silent screaming fistpumper. Don't wake the kids! He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty chip! Mattis, den svenska pedanten! Pantless arse-barer not used to withdrawal.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klappa händerna när du är riktigt glad.
« Reply #7222 on: March 27, 2017, 09:47:05 am »
One top 4 finish under their tenure, with the average finish around 6th or 7th - what progress are we talking about? Perhaps lowering standards for sure.

Yeah, I've see someone say that they are happy to win the league cup whilst finishing 8th.
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7223 on: March 27, 2017, 09:47:22 am »
Rome wasn't built in a day and I think most people would have to agree that we have been making good/great progress since FSG came in.
I'm interested to know what progress you think we have made on the field in that time? The positive, for me, is that they hired Klopp. But are they now relying on him to be a panacea that fixes all problems?
Personally, I'm fed up of watching their lack of progress as owners. Some of their decisions, such as their appointment of both a CEO and an MD without a footballing background, demonstrate that they have progressed not a jot. And it is those decisions that impede any progress on the pitch.

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #7224 on: March 27, 2017, 09:50:25 am »
I'd say as far as owners go they are in the top 1%.

Yes but then again mate you used to say what a great owner Mike Ashley was and couldn't understand why Newcastle fans had a problem with him.   ;)

All that seems to matter to you Craig is whether a Club is financially well run.

Some of us and the Newcastle fans for instance demand better. Some of us actually remember that we support a Football Club and that we exist to win trophies.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7225 on: March 27, 2017, 09:51:17 am »
I'm interested to know what progress you think we have made on the field in that time? The positive, for me, is that they hired Klopp. But are they now relying on him to be a panacea that fixes all problems?
Personally, I'm fed up of watching their lack of progress as owners. Some of their decisions, such as their appointment of both a CEO and an MD without a footballing background, demonstrate that they have progressed not a jot. And it is those decisions that impede any progress on the pitch.

Depends how far back you wanna go under the previous owners. I mean when they took over we were in a hell of a state, so they've clearly progressed from that specifically. But if you wanna go back a couple of years earlier to the team that was ranked #1 in Europe which was ripped apart from H&G? Clearly not. But again, this debate has been done to death.

Offline joekim87

• Truly gone shark fishing.....
  • Kopite
« Reply #7226 on: March 27, 2017, 09:52:09 am »

I think we're much more financially stable then in past years, we have a great youth set up that I think will produce key players for us in the coming years and we have Klopp. I think that's plenty of progress. Rome wasn't built in a day. Also, I think our signings under Klopp have generally been real good. The lack of further signings is a worry but I think we're moving in the right direction. I think we're one successful super star signing away from really getting on the FSG bandwagon.

I'm as unhappy as the next guy that we've only made the Champs once but I think the foundations are slowly being put in place that will see us challenging for the Prem year in year out from perhaps even next year.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2017, 09:54:22 am by joekim87 »

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #7227 on: March 27, 2017, 09:53:16 am »
Some of their decisions, such as their appointment of both a CEO and an MD without a footballing background, demonstrate that they have progressed not a jot.

Yet it's been shown many times that top clubs have appointed people to these positions from outside of the extremely small footballing world and seen huge success.

Or you can appoint from within the footballing world (Parry, Ayre) and be ridiculed left, right and centre.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7228 on: March 27, 2017, 09:56:19 am »
Yes but then again mate you used to say what a great owner Mike Ashley was and couldn't understand why Newcastle fans had a problem with him.   ;)

All that seems to matter to you Craig is whether a Club is financially well run.

Some of us and the Newcastle fans for instance demand better. Some of us actually remember that we support a Football Club and that we exist to win trophies.

If Craig doesn't mind that Mike Ashley is a bad owner then that proves that every football supporter doesn't care who owns their football club though.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #7229 on: March 27, 2017, 09:57:11 am »

I'd absolutely love you to quote me where I said he was a great owner. Until then, let's not try and pass off more bullshit as fact, Al.

Not at all. I've commented on many things non-financial which they've done well/need to improve on. Again, let's not attempt to pass off bullshit as fact, Al.

Good for you, but please don't try to infer you have any sort of insight into my support for the club, what I demand and what I remember, because you've quite clearly fuck all idea.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #7230 on: March 27, 2017, 09:57:51 am »
We make the top 4 this season and sign 2 or 3 30~40 million pound players and one 50 million plus player and I think we'll be all in love with FSG again.

What makes you think that is likely to happen?

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #7231 on: March 27, 2017, 11:24:59 am »
I've asked it before but I'm serious - when is the protest?

Otherwise what is all this leading to?  Is this your version of therapy?

Thread should be renamed to "come here to flog a dead horse"

;D

If there was something specific to protest I'd listen. So far I can just imagine the signs being "WE DON'T LIKE FSG"

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #7232 on: March 27, 2017, 12:15:44 pm »
Well if all it takes is working for a top club to be in the 1% , I suppose Moyes was there as well, cause he worked at United.

Offline Groundskeeper Willie

• Loves a good Meat Flute! Silent screaming fistpumper. Don't wake the kids! He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty chip! Mattis, den svenska pedanten! Pantless arse-barer not used to withdrawal.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klappa händerna när du är riktigt glad.
« Reply #7233 on: March 27, 2017, 12:17:09 pm »
Well if all it takes is working for a top club to be in the 1% , I suppose Moyes was there as well, cause he worked at United.

Avram Grant too. What a manager.
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline SwordInYourGut

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7234 on: March 27, 2017, 12:17:31 pm »
Hiring Klopp was a very ambitious move no matter which way you argue it. A proven world class manager and winner. On a grand contract too. Now give him the timescale he has needed at his previous clubs to be successful (i.e. 3-4 years) before mouthing off about the owners!

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7235 on: March 27, 2017, 12:21:49 pm »

Glenn Roeder was pretty tops

Offline SwordInYourGut

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7236 on: March 27, 2017, 12:22:35 pm »
Because we've sold our best players each time we looked like we were about to make progress. Torres, Suarez, Sterling. All the indications are that we're no longer going to be doing that. We won't know until the summer, but when pressed on the issue Klopp said he believes Coutinho will stay here.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #7237 on: March 27, 2017, 12:22:58 pm »
Glenn Roeder was pretty tops

Tim 'Captain 1%' Sherwood.

Offline ollick

• Huge Dick..and a Big Knob too!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Arghhhh
« Reply #7238 on: March 27, 2017, 12:26:35 pm »

Ryan "Alright Sis" Giggs.
Why do people quote other people for the sigs?  What' the point?

Offline SwordInYourGut

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7239 on: March 27, 2017, 12:26:50 pm »
Any excuse to post this

And this