Author Topic: FSG (*)  (Read 828737 times)

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
Re: FSG (*)
« Reply #7120 on: March 25, 2017, 08:34:12 pm »
We had the worst league season since the Premier League started, so yes, we were doing very bad. Yes we won the league cup, but fair enough, it's good to know what you deem good enough. If we only had done better in the penalty shootout v City last season, you'd been a happy camper.

But I know that the reason you dislike the owners so much is because they sacked Kenny.

With the manner in which they scapegoated Kenny and then looked to replace him with Martinez or Rodgers it became abundantly clear to me that they were clueless and classless in equal measure.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #7121 on: March 25, 2017, 08:39:46 pm »
Seems as soon someone dared to criticise the King you got your knickers in a bit of a twist. Is he beyond criticism? You use the term slagging of when no-one's done no such thing, only said that he didn't do very good his last season, which is a fair enough opinion if you aren't happy with 8th place and the LC. But that is blasphemy in your book it seems.

You said Kenny was very bad mate so stop trying to wriggle out of it. Given the shitstorm surrounding Suarez and the injury problems I think 11/12 was pretty decent on the whole.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline sirKennyDaggers

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #7122 on: March 25, 2017, 08:44:19 pm »
With the manner in which they scapegoated Kenny and then looked to replace him with Martinez or Rodgers it became abundantly clear to me that they were clueless and classless in equal measure.

Aint that the truth.

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #7123 on: March 25, 2017, 08:47:06 pm »
In fairness to Al I think he deserves to be cut some slack. Of course no-one has slagged Kenny off, that's abundantly clear. But I don't think Al deserves criticism for trying to paint that narrative when he himself has repeatedly called into question the honesty and integrity of the current manager (possibly inadvertently) in pursuit of continuing an agenda against FSG. It's easy to get caught up in that sort of argument, maybe both sides just need to lay off the whole manager thing. What's done is done and we have the best man in charge now, and in time hopefully the whole fanbase will come to believe what he says.

So saying that managers don't tell the press the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth is now twisted into calling the managers honesty and integrity into question.  ;D ;D.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Jfor83

• Main Stander
« Reply #7124 on: March 25, 2017, 09:20:42 pm »
I'm ever so sorry for feeling positive about where things are going on the pitch compared to the Hodgsons, Rodgers' and Dalglishes. I'm sorry for turning from a doubter to a believer. Shame on me.

Now go and cry some more in your morning tea.

Cry??? Ok mate

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #7125 on: March 25, 2017, 09:22:33 pm »
So saying that managers don't tell the press the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth is now twisted into calling the managers honesty and integrity into question.  ;D ;D.

Using your rationale, absolutely. Dreadfully in fact. The vast, vast amount of twisting and turning you've done in this thread has made it a microclimate where actually nothing makes sense in the real world of the rest of RAWK. Unfortunately.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Jfor83

• Main Stander
« Reply #7126 on: March 25, 2017, 09:22:34 pm »
He can't see into the future any more than you can. The difference is that he chooses to be positive about it. A believer. You choose not to be.

How do you know what I choose to be?? Now we've got a mind reader!

Offline Anfield Ed

• Middle name "Dick". Wants it hard, wants it fast.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Warrior #224
« Reply #7127 on: March 25, 2017, 10:31:47 pm »
Why are we wasting energy debating the squad, manager and team of 2012 for? That was five years ago.

In the brutal world of football it was right that a new manager was needed after the 11-12 season. Some can't forgive or forget how Kenny was treated, but Kenny has since come back in another role so for me its all water under the bridge as far as I'm concerned.

FSG correctly sacked Hodgson and we needed the lift that Kenny gave us in 10-11 and we ended that season in the league really well playing some brilliant football (I remember us smashing Fulham at their ground). Really if that had stayed as a temporary basis and Kenny left then, it would have been a job well done as he did 'steady the ship' but FSG should have put 'their man' in place in 2011 rather than 2012. In fact had they done so then we wouldn't have gotten Brendan as manager whether that would have been a good thing or bad thing, we'll never know.

But let us concentrate on the here and now rather than going back to 5 years ago as its a pointless discussion as we can't change anything.

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #7128 on: March 25, 2017, 11:35:37 pm »
Why are we wasting energy debating the squad, manager and team of 2012 for? That was five years ago.

In the brutal world of football it was right that a new manager was needed after the 11-12 season. Some can't forgive or forget how Kenny was treated, but Kenny has since come back in another role so for me its all water under the bridge as far as I'm concerned.

FSG correctly sacked Hodgson and we needed the lift that Kenny gave us in 10-11 and we ended that season in the league really well playing some brilliant football (I remember us smashing Fulham at their ground). Really if that had stayed as a temporary basis and Kenny left then, it would have been a job well done as he did 'steady the ship' but FSG should have put 'their man' in place in 2011 rather than 2012. In fact had they done so then we wouldn't have gotten Brendan as manager whether that would have been a good thing or bad thing, we'll never know.

But let us concentrate on the here and now rather than going back to 5 years ago as its a pointless discussion as we can't change anything.

You are correct we can't change anything but what we can do is learn from our mistakes. There is a train of thought that FSGs mistakes were early in their tenure and that they have learned from them. The thing is for me they haven't . Kenny was undone by a squad that was palpably short of depth and a failure to reinforce in January.

Kenny ended up throwing League games so he could concentrate on the Cups. Klopp was forced to do the same last season and this season as soon as we were forced to play a run of games things went tits up. Our bench this season has been laughable at times.

It simply isn't acceptable given our resources and the level of our wage bill. Lessons have not be learned.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Anfield Ed

• Middle name "Dick". Wants it hard, wants it fast.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Warrior #224
« Reply #7129 on: March 26, 2017, 12:03:55 am »
http://www.lfchistory.net/SeasonArchive/Appearances/121

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011%E2%80%9312_Liverpool_F.C._season

Sorry I don't buy the argument that Kenny 'threw' those games. We just weren't good enough and he wasn't good enough to be frank and brutal about it.

The league cup final was 26 of February and FA cup quarter final was 18 March, semi 14 April and final 5 May.

Between 26 February and 18 March we lost to Arsenal and Sunderland. The Wednesday before the quarter final we beat Everton 3-0. After the quarter final we lost to QPR after being 2-0 up. So we didn't throw that game.

Before the semi on 14 April we lost to Wigan and Newcastle drew against Villa and beat Blackburn. The game after the semi final we lost to WBA. Before the semi we lost to Fulham and lost to Swansea on the final before, inbetween beating an non-interested Chelsea who threw that game because they were in the CL final.

So stop talking nonsense that we threw games. To my mind the only game we threw was the WBA game before the fa cup final.

Johnson played 23 times, Enrique 35, Agger 27, Suarez 31, Gerrard 18, Carroll 35, Maxi 12, Henderson 37, Kuyt 34, Downing 36, Carra 21, Reina 34, Adam 28, Shelvey 13, Kelly 12, Skrtel 34 and Bellamy 27.

Threw games my arse. We just weren't good enough.

« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 12:06:07 am by Anfield Ed »

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #7130 on: March 26, 2017, 12:23:45 am »
http://www.lfchistory.net/SeasonArchive/Appearances/121

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011%E2%80%9312_Liverpool_F.C._season

Sorry I don't buy the argument that Kenny 'threw' those games. We just weren't good enough and he wasn't good enough to be frank and brutal about it.

The league cup final was 26 of February and FA cup quarter final was 18 March, semi 14 April and final 5 May.

Between 26 February and 18 March we lost to Arsenal and Sunderland. The Wednesday before the quarter final we beat Everton 3-0. After the quarter final we lost to QPR after being 2-0 up. So we didn't throw that game.

Before the semi on 14 April we lost to Wigan and Newcastle drew against Villa and beat Blackburn. The game after the semi final we lost to WBA. Before the semi we lost to Fulham and lost to Swansea on the final before, inbetween beating an non-interested Chelsea who threw that game because they were in the CL final.

So stop talking nonsense that we threw games. To my mind the only game we threw was the WBA game before the fa cup final.

Johnson played 23 times, Enrique 35, Agger 27, Suarez 31, Gerrard 18, Carroll 35, Maxi 12, Henderson 37, Kuyt 34, Downing 36, Carra 21, Reina 34, Adam 28, Shelvey 13, Kelly 12, Skrtel 34 and Bellamy 27.

Threw games my arse. We just weren't good enough.

So we weren't good enough in the League but magically managed to beat pretty much every top side in the cups. That was the season where we ended up playing Glen Johnson as a holding mid and had a central mid pairing of Spearing and a teenage Shelvey. If we weren't throwing League games then please explain why Gerrard our best players last 3 games of the season were the fa cup semi the final and a warm up against Norwich a week prior to the final.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7131 on: March 26, 2017, 03:18:54 am »
Are people seriously suggesting FSG were in the wrong replacing Kenny with Rodgers? Because I don't remember anyone complaining in 2014. I can't believe we're even having this conversation - Kenny did a great job as caretaker, FSG didn't have to give him a permanent job but did. He did all right but at heart he was still an 80/s/90's manager who believed in 4-4-2, a big man upfront and buying British - I love the guy but he was never going to be a manager who took us forward.

Splashing £30m or £40m in January wouldn't have changed that in the long run, especially since it would probably have ended up going on Scott Parker, Clint Dempsey and/or Hatim Ben Arfa.

Offline Ipcress

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #7132 on: March 26, 2017, 09:15:11 am »
The thing I don't understand, is that if FSG are such bad owners who do not support the manager in the transfer market and do not have any ambition, then why is Klopp still here?

Klopp is a talented manager, who could finish his sabbatical and/or walk into a top job whenever he wants.

Yet he is still here, working up close with FSG and apparently happy enough to have extended his contract.

What does this say about Klopp and/or his opinion about FSG?
The sort of people that seek power, are exactly the sort that should be kept away from it.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #7133 on: March 26, 2017, 09:19:10 am »
The thing I don't understand, is that if FSG are such bad owners who do not support the manager in the transfer market and do not have any ambition, then why is Klopp still here?

Klopp is a talented manager, who could finish his sabbatical and/or walk into a top job whenever he wants.

Yet he is still here, working up close with FSG and apparently happy enough to have extended his contract.

Please don't even ask the questions. This is why I dislike this thread because it gives people excuses to blacken the reputation of people, without knowing the full facts.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #7134 on: March 26, 2017, 09:34:40 am »
The similarity is throwing League games because you don't have enough depth despite having a truly astronomical wage bill. In Kenny's last season we ended up with no midfield during the run in. Then have a look at some of the benches we have had this season it simply isn't acceptable for a team with our income.

And then effectively gets sacked for it because Lucas got injured who'd been our best player and no cover and no January signings. Gerrard injured most of that season too.

Lining up with Jay Spearing as holding midfielder for an FA Cup final when adequate cover for Lucas wouldn't have broke the bank

The state of our bench this season (and 2014 when we were going for the title and only had Aspas to bring on after pissing about over Konopylanka and Salah) is a disgrace for a leading club.

How we're meant to compete in Europe next season I don't know (without throwing the league like last season). We'd need to sign loads of players and then 14/15 shows what can go wrong with doing that. At least 2 or 3 should have come in in January so we didn't have to do it all in one window.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 09:40:51 am by Bitter Mug »
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Mactavish

• Anny Roader
« Reply #7135 on: March 26, 2017, 09:43:26 am »
Garfunkel's moustache is epic in this photo.

:)

Offline liverpool185

• Kopite
« Reply #7136 on: March 26, 2017, 09:56:47 am »

I would like to see Al555 answer this....
David Moyes, a woman beater without actually beating a woman.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7137 on: March 26, 2017, 09:58:27 am »

In fairness to Al on this one he's always stuck with the idea that both FSG and Klopp are quite often dishonest so I guess that'd be his opinion on it.

As far as I'm concerned we've not had a manager under them who has been annoying or angry about them as owners, and that includes Kenny too. We've obviously got the quotes from Jurgen, which Al has said are dishonest and don't reflect the managers true opinion around signings in January.

He has also spoken about others 'slagging off' King Kenny so I'll ask Als opinion on the below quotes about the January 2012 window he's suddenly very keen to criticise....

Kenny Dalglish insists he is not planning to splash the cash in the January transfer window, saying he is pleased with the Liverpool squad currently at his disposal.

The 60-year-old Reds boss claims he has the funds available should he want to bolster his squad before the end of the month but maintains that he is unlikely to bring in any new faces.

"We’ve got an option to be active if we want to be active, but we said at the outset that we’d be quiet,” Dalglish told a news conference on Friday.

"It’s work in progress for us. We’ll just keep doing what we’re doing, and the boys will keep working as hard as they can, and we’ll see where we go."

“If we needed somebody to bolster up, we could do it – but I said right at the outset, we don’t. We’re not really chasing after anybody that we want to bring in in January. We’ve been happy with what [the players] have done since August.”

The Liverpool boss, whose side host Stoke City at Anfield on Saturday, added: “I don’t think it is unusual when we said at the start we would not be very busy.

“I think it’s unusual when people try to invent things, get it horribly wrong and then ask us to justify it.

“We said right at the outset, if anything there will be very little [transfer activity]. It’s a little bit disrespectful to us after trying to be honest and saying there might not be much, that we get accused of not being active.”

http://www.thesportreview.com/tsr/2012/01/liverpool-transfers-kenny-dalglish/
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Jfor83

• Main Stander
« Reply #7138 on: March 26, 2017, 10:00:22 am »
Surely the ARE needs sorting ASAP, 50000 for a charity match! The amount of kids yesterday was great, it's just a shame the cast majority if them won't be able to go to a proper match. The support is there, the club needs to stop thinking about £'s and do this for the fans and get the next generation if fans in the ground.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7139 on: March 26, 2017, 10:43:13 am »

Klopp's used to working in Germany where only Bayern have any real ambition or spending power and Dortmund had a run of finding quality players for good prices. The market in England is a lot different and more competitive and inflation is crazier each year.

Online Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7140 on: March 26, 2017, 10:44:52 am »
Surely the ARE needs sorting ASAP, 50000 for a charity match! The amount of kids yesterday was great, it's just a shame the cast majority if them won't be able to go to a proper match. The support is there, the club needs to stop thinking about £'s and do this for the fans and get the next generation if fans in the ground.

The owners aren't interested. They've only done the Main Stand for the corporate side so it'll pay for itself quickly.

Offline Jfor83

• Main Stander
« Reply #7141 on: March 26, 2017, 10:50:09 am »
The owners aren't interested. They've only done the Main Stand for the corporate side so it'll pay for itself quickly.

If that turns out to be the case then pressure should be put on them to either do it or do one.

Offline newrosswaterford

• Kopite
« Reply #7142 on: March 26, 2017, 10:55:17 am »

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7143 on: March 26, 2017, 11:09:32 am »

Offline Groundskeeper Willie

• Loves a good Meat Flute! Silent screaming fistpumper. Don't wake the kids! He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty chip! Mattis, den svenska pedanten! Pantless arse-barer not used to withdrawal.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klappa händerna när du är riktigt glad.
« Reply #7144 on: March 26, 2017, 11:14:57 am »
Hostility between the sides is growing each day, and I'm not innocent either, so everyone should just pick up their ball and go home. No-one benefits from the arguments going round in circles and veering way off course at times, so lets just agree to disagree and call it quits.
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline newrosswaterford

• Kopite
« Reply #7145 on: March 26, 2017, 11:16:56 am »
Oooh oooh I think I know this one.....straw man, right?
Smart answers in a starred topic?

Why don't you tackle the ball not the man.

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #7146 on: March 26, 2017, 11:52:02 am »
Quite possibly one of the maddest threads in the history of the internet
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #7147 on: March 26, 2017, 11:53:07 am »

Do you actually live in the real world mate. Who on God's earth bases career decisions on whether they like their bosses or not.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline SwordInYourGut

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7148 on: March 26, 2017, 11:55:00 am »
Do you actually live in the real world mate. Who on God's earth bases career decisions on whether they like their bosses or not.
Somebody who has a world of choices open to them.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7149 on: March 26, 2017, 12:04:41 pm »
Smart answers in a starred topic?

Why don't you tackle the ball not the man.

I did, and won the ball  :)

I'm not sure where to begin with this new straw man argument of yours newrosswaterford. Different manager, different owner, different circumstances, different players, different time. So to start with newrosswaterford, I'm not sure what point you're trying to make. But ok, just to make sure the ball has been tackled. It was Rafa. Since he left Liverpool he has managed Inter after they'd just won the treble, Chelsea where he was told he was interim manager before he even signed a contract, Real Madrid where he was basically told you're here until we get someone we prefer and now Newcastle with Mike Ashley. Does he, much as Liverpool supporters love him, strike you as someone who always makes good, easy judgements calls with management? Let me answer that for you. No. Even before Liverpool he has problems with owners at Valencia. Now not to even suggest any problems have been of his doing, because I don't think they have, but he's hardly one to turn down a job or a contract because of bad/interfering owners.

He was the first manager to manage under H&G. He found out what they were like first hand, which is why when he was replaced we looked at the calibre of manager we did. Roy Hodgson.

Under FSG we have had one of our greatest players and greatest managers, who hasn't had a bad word to say about the owners. He's also never once claimed he wasn't backed or anything even remotely close. Furthermore he's returned to the club in an ambassadorial role under the same owners, which would be an odd thing to do if he knew first hand what dreadful, toxic owners they were. We've also hired one of the best young coaches at the time who again has never said he wasn't backed with transfers, the criticism he made after he left was around the transfer committee and the way transfers were made (which we can all admit was a clusterfuck) which again so far appears to have been rectified.

So clearly Klopp is happy here and happy under the owners. He's said as much, he's experienced a season before signing a new deal. He's never said anything apart from he has been backed if he wants to make signings. Same as the King in the quotes above. So I'd imagine that's the reason he signed a new contract.

That okay newrosswaterford?

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7150 on: March 26, 2017, 12:10:53 pm »

Sorry Al just to be clear, what you're saying is in any walk of life if you're at the top of your profession and work for a company with dreadful owners making bad business decision after bad decision at the detriment of your company and you have a number of other top, better run, successful companies who would jump at the chance to employ you instead and quite possibly offer you more money....everyone in the world would extend their existing employment?

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #7151 on: March 26, 2017, 12:19:00 pm »
Somebody who has a world of choices open to them.

Because the World of Football is just full of fantastic owners all there desperately waiting for Klopp to choose them. He actually did a kind of Miss World pageant in which the owners had to describe what they did for charity and how well they treated their mum.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #7152 on: March 26, 2017, 12:27:33 pm »
Sorry Al just to be clear, what you're saying is in any walk of life if you're at the top of your profession and work for a company with dreadful owners making bad business decision after bad decision at the detriment of your company and you have a number of other top, better run, successful companies who would jump at the chance to employ you instead and quite possibly offer you more money....everyone in the world would extend their existing employment?

There are a host of top clubs and a host of top managers Klopp isn't some kind of managerial God who could have any job he wants. It's football mate do you honestly think managers go to clubs based on who the owners are especially when they could sell up if a big enough offer comes in.

We are one of the biggest clubs in the world and virtually all of the rest of the big clubs already have top managers in place.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7153 on: March 26, 2017, 12:27:37 pm »
Because the World of Football is just full of fantastic owners all there desperately waiting for Klopp to choose them. He actually did a kind of Miss World pageant in which the owners had to describe what they did for charity and how well they treated their mum.

Dyou wanna let us know your feelings on those quotes from King Kenny about being backed in the January 2012 window please Al

Offline Ipcress

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #7154 on: March 26, 2017, 12:33:59 pm »

Who says like? Klopp evidently loves managing and building a team to compete in his way with his staff. If any owner didn't facilitate this and support him why would he stay?

So, in your alternative world, are you saying that Klopp is now only staying because FSG have given him a package that no other club on the planet will match? In your world is this a good thing or a bad thing?
The sort of people that seek power, are exactly the sort that should be kept away from it.

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #7155 on: March 26, 2017, 12:38:34 pm »
So, in your alternative world, are you saying that

Al says whatever takes his fancy on any particular day

He'll probably say the opposite tomorrow

You get used to him after a while though
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7156 on: March 26, 2017, 12:42:40 pm »
There are a host of top clubs and a host of top managers Klopp isn't some kind of managerial God who could have any job he wants. It's football mate do you honestly think managers go to clubs based on who the owners .....

are especially when they could sell up if a big enough offer comes in.

We are one of the biggest clubs in the world and virtually all of the rest of the big clubs already have top managers in place.

Ahhh see Al you've done it again, a fine example of what people are talking about in this thread.

What you've done here is actually create an argument and a question that absolutely no-one has made or asked, and then argued against it and completely ignored the initial argument/question. It's fascinating in a way but very frustrating for any sort of logical debate.

No, I don't think managers go to clubs based on owners. No-one does, no-one has said that or claimed that.

The question is, if the owners were that terrible then why would he agree to sign a new contract if he'd already discovered the way the owners work was completely detrimental to his job. You seemed to make a point before about people not liking their bosses or something...? Leave that one, its nonsense. Go back to the question being asked.

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #7157 on: March 26, 2017, 12:45:19 pm »
Dyou wanna let us know your feelings on those quotes from King Kenny about being backed in the January 2012 window please Al

Was that the same Kenny who tried to rearrange the Wolves game that fell on deadline day. Is that the same Kenny who used to treat the press with disdain, refused to air our dirty linen in public and who protected the Club at all times. The background to that piece you quoted was the press trying to create a rift between Kenny and the owners regarding our lack of transfer activity.

What did you expect Kenny to do slag off the playing squad off when he had to rely on them till the end of the season and slag off his bosses the very people who held his future in their hands. It's football mate do you honestly believe what owners, managers and players tell the press ?

Next thing you will be telling me is that you believe in Father Xmas, the tooth fairy , owners who give managers the vote of confidence and players who kiss the badge.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7158 on: March 26, 2017, 12:49:36 pm »
Was that the same Kenny who

said he was happy with the squad in January 2012 but that he could sign players if he wanted?

Yes Al, it is. The very same who you also seem to be labelling a liar now.

Also the same one who has since been made an ambassador for the club under the very same terrible owners. Do you think King Kenny would accept that role knowing what toxic owners we have Al? Or are you suggesting Kenny Dalglish has accepted that role knowing that it would lead to positive press for FSG despite knowing what toxic owners they are, knowing full well it'd be to the detriment of the club he's always put first?

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #7159 on: March 26, 2017, 12:52:51 pm »
Who says like? Klopp evidently loves managing and building a team to compete in his way with his staff. If any owner didn't facilitate this and support him why would he stay?

So, in your alternative world, are you saying that Klopp is now only staying because FSG have given him a package that no other club on the planet will match? In your world is this a good thing or a bad thing?

Klopp is an employee mate do you honestly think there are elite level clubs queuing up to hand over control of their clubs to an employee. Managers accept that things aren't going to be perfect . If they were perfect then there probably wouldn't be a vacancy in the first place.
"Ohhh-kayyy"