Author Topic: Former LFC Player Watch ...  (Read 167408 times)

Offline dosx

• Kopite
  • This is Anfield
    • LFC
Re: Former LFC Player Watch ...
« Reply #160 on: October 30, 2011, 12:55:38 pm »

Captain of Dinamo Zagreb and play centre back

How's Biscan going ? Long since I heard of him. Miss the lad.
🔥97🔥

Offline Yozza1

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #161 on: October 30, 2011, 04:42:19 pm »
Gabriel Palleta bagged 1 for Parma

Offline FernandoSusoLFC

• Has a boner for Bony. Listens on mute. broke the Flanno to Fiorentina story. may be @indykaila or @melly mellwood #incognito
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #162 on: November 28, 2011, 05:27:18 pm »
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/14964/7339336/Babel-responds-to-criticism

Ryan Babel being criticised at Hoffenhiem by Starke (Not Tony) the GK but the manager didn't respond to it all.

Babel has scored 3 goals this season.

Offline zabadoh

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on with hope in your heart
« Reply #163 on: November 28, 2011, 06:03:59 pm »
Djibril Cisse turned down 20 million (euros?  dollars?) on a 2 1/2 year contract to join Guangzhou Evergrande of the Chinese League to sign for Lazio of Serie A in hopes of regaining a spot on the French National Team.

Lord Frodsham has scored 4 goals in 14 appearances (3 in Europa League, 1 in Serie A)
“It's impossible,” said Pride.  “It's risky,” said Experience.  “It's pointless,” said Reason.

“Give it a try,” whispered the Heart. - Ken-Obi

Offline d.king037

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #164 on: November 30, 2011, 01:23:37 pm »
Krisztian Nemeth is back playing fot MTK Budapest FC until the end of the year, he refused to play for any other Hungarian side, who are now in the Hungarian Second Division. This is suprising as although it shows that he is loyal, his last international call-up came on 11-11-2011 and therefore shows that he still has quality.

Offline Geppvindh's

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #165 on: November 30, 2011, 01:42:24 pm »
Seb Leto is on fire at Panathinaikos with 12 goals from 13 appearances. Shame his visa never came through.

Offline aditya0912

• Kopite
« Reply #166 on: December 12, 2011, 06:45:26 pm »
Couldn't find any thread for Ladyboy.

Looks like there will another transfer request come January
Thank You, Rafa Benitez

Offline Matt8Pie

• Boris Johnson's speech writer. Seeks vindication for slating players, the very definition of "supporter". Still doesn't get it.
  • Legacy Fan
  • YANKS OUT
« Reply #167 on: December 12, 2011, 06:52:06 pm »
Couldn't find any thread for Ladyboy.

Looks like there will another transfer request come January

Speculation or do you actually know something?
http://www.twitter.com/matt8pie
Most people in this world are tits. The fact they have an allegiance with Liverpool Football Club doesn't change that.

Offline aditya0912

• Kopite
« Reply #168 on: December 12, 2011, 06:59:24 pm »
Speculating but if AVB continues to keep him on bench, the transfer request won't be far.
Thank You, Rafa Benitez

Offline Matt8Pie

• Boris Johnson's speech writer. Seeks vindication for slating players, the very definition of "supporter". Still doesn't get it.
  • Legacy Fan
  • YANKS OUT
« Reply #169 on: December 12, 2011, 07:02:25 pm »
Is he on the bench tonight?
http://www.twitter.com/matt8pie
Most people in this world are tits. The fact they have an allegiance with Liverpool Football Club doesn't change that.

Offline aditya0912

• Kopite
« Reply #170 on: December 12, 2011, 07:06:24 pm »
Is he on the bench tonight?
No place for Fatty as well
Thank You, Rafa Benitez

Offline aditya0912

• Kopite
« Reply #171 on: December 24, 2011, 12:51:07 pm »
Some thoughts about Fernando's latest comments on FSG.

This is another version of the story

His transfer request was just a stunt to get new owners to spend money as it didn't look like owners were willing to spend much in January and he was sure we won't get 4th spot without the additions and wanted owners to take some swift actions but instead of convincing him to stay, LFC decided 50mp was too much money to reject for Fernando Torres of 2011 and cashed in on him. And the interview of January 10th where he committed his future to LFC never happened in actual

The truth IMO lies somewhere in the middle and looking at the way he has performed over last 10 months or so i guess LFC were right to cash in on him even if that was the case as he was anyways going to leave in summer if we failed to get into UCL and we would never have got 50mp for him then and its altogether a different matter that we wasted(as it appears as of now) much of that 50 mp on Carroll.

and finally its about time Fernando you get over LFC. That door is closed for you. Move on for your own good now.
Thank You, Rafa Benitez

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #172 on: December 24, 2011, 12:58:14 pm »
Damien Plessis to join DOncaster on loan.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11734/7391899/Rovers-to-pick-up-Plessis

Had a really good game at the Emirates on his debut. Unfortunately didnt get any better than that game.

Interesting set up they have at Doncaster.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline fosspowered

• Legacy Fan
  • More of an IDK than ITK.
    • FOSSPowered
« Reply #173 on: December 24, 2011, 01:06:56 pm »
Some thoughts about Fernando's latest comments on FSG.

This is another version of the story

His transfer request was just a stunt to get new owners to spend money as it didn't look like owners were willing to spend much in January and he was sure we won't get 4th spot without the additions and wanted owners to take some swift actions but instead of convincing him to stay, LFC decided 50mp was too much money to reject for Fernando Torres of 2011 and cashed in on him. And the interview of January 10th where he committed his future to LFC never happened in actual
Wait, that doesn't make sense at all, the Owners had just splurged a record breaking sum for Luis. And it was at the end of the transfer window.

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #174 on: December 24, 2011, 01:09:18 pm »
Wait, that doesn't make sense at all, the Owners had just splurged a record breaking sum for Luis. And it was at the end of the transfer window.

Add to that the Suarez transfer was a long drawn out affair. If he wanted a statement of intent, he only needed to look at how hard we fought to get Suarez.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline aditya0912

• Kopite
« Reply #175 on: December 24, 2011, 01:32:53 pm »
Add to that the Suarez transfer was a long drawn out affair. If he wanted a statement of intent, he only needed to look at how hard we fought to get Suarez.

Exactly Suarez deal only picked up the pace after his transfer request before that it was looking like it won't be done in January and we even had to sell Babel to raise the cash/ threw him into the deal.
Thank You, Rafa Benitez

Offline JoeCole

• Spoiler!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #176 on: December 24, 2011, 02:11:20 pm »
Djibril Cisse turned down 20 million (euros?  dollars?) on a 2 1/2 year contract to join Guangzhou Evergrande of the Chinese League to sign for Lazio of Serie A in hopes of regaining a spot on the French National Team.

1 goal in 15 league games since then, linked with a loan move back to his first club Auxerre now

Offline aditya0912

• Kopite
« Reply #177 on: December 24, 2011, 02:23:43 pm »
How is Emiliano doing this days?
Thank You, Rafa Benitez

Offline vicgill

• "do the simple things but do them well"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Football is the simplest game in the world son,
« Reply #178 on: December 24, 2011, 02:31:32 pm »
El Hadj Diouf - The only Liverpool no9 in living memory to go a season in that famous shirt without scoring is still a c###. Now unemployed.

has he finished at Doncaster rovers?
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and making yourself available to receive a pass, it is really that simple"

"Friend, mourn not, though he premature departs, his wisdom marches on within our hearts"

RIP Ray Osbourne, comrade, epic swindler, and Internet Terrorist Extraordinaire.

Offline redoneusa

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #179 on: December 24, 2011, 02:51:30 pm »
Diouf has now signed a new 18-month contract, keeping him at the Keepmoat until the end of next season.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/16319644.stm

He's a total twat but seems he's playing for them at a modest price. Interestingly they have signed ex-Red Damien Plessis as well.
You will find me on Twatter: Follow my Twatter

Offline FernandoSusoLFC

• Has a boner for Bony. Listens on mute. broke the Flanno to Fiorentina story. may be @indykaila or @melly mellwood #incognito
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #180 on: December 24, 2011, 05:14:57 pm »
How is Emiliano doing this days?

Insua is on twitter and is really nice on there, I wish him good luck.

He's had a brilliant season in all fairness hasn't been injured and one player I didn't want to see leave LFC but it's obvious he wouldn't get in front of Jose.

He is a massive regular at the back for Sporting and has played in 9 of their games only rivaled by Jose Periera who is CP's top player with 13 appearances. Insua bagged 2 goals in the Taca De Portugal as well and scored a screamer in the Europa but then got sent off

http://www.soccerclips.net/videos/zurich-0-1-sporting-lisbon-insua

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #181 on: January 22, 2012, 01:53:08 pm »
Thought Ngog played well yesterday, if he continues to develop,, he could become a decent Premier League striker. I wasn't a fan of letting him go but I'm happy he seems to be doing well at Bolton.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Chalky Boots

• Legacy Fan
  • Neurotic Fan Fiction
« Reply #182 on: January 22, 2012, 04:52:03 pm »
Has Francisco Duran found a club yet?

Out of all the influxes of foreign youth midfielders he for me was the one that should have been, so much natural talent just a shame about those knees.

Offline Corkboy

• Sworn enemy of Bottlegirl. The Boston Toilet Mangler. Grauniad of the Cidatel. Into kinky S&M with the Lash.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #183 on: March 18, 2012, 11:10:30 pm »
Zak Whitbread is doing well for Norwich. In general.

Offline Paganitzu

• Kopite
« Reply #184 on: March 18, 2012, 11:21:44 pm »
Nemeth's team RKC (and himself) are doing great and they even have a shot at European football

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #185 on: March 18, 2012, 11:28:54 pm »
Gabriel Palletta not a bad player at all for Parma in Serie A. Sebastien Leto is good (albeit in Greece) for Panathanaikos. Mihaylov is an accomplished Goalie for FC Twente and will probably join a bigger club in a better league in the summer. And Djimi Traore is still chasing the dream with Marseille.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline MJohnson2

• Legacy Fan
  • Said It's High Green mate, Via Hillsborough please
« Reply #186 on: March 18, 2012, 11:56:31 pm »
El Hadj Diouf - The only Liverpool no9 in living memory to go a season in that famous shirt without scoring is still a c###. Now unemployed.

I'm sure he currently plays for Doncaster Rovers ?
Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/MattyJohnson8

Offline Convectuoso

• Kopite
  • RUM HAM!!!! I'm Sorry!!!!
« Reply #187 on: March 19, 2012, 12:22:22 am »
I'm sure he currently plays for Doncaster Rovers ?

That post is from last September mate:)
Later dudes, S you in your A's Don't wear a C and J all over your B's

Offline Danyaals Kop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • allez les rouges
« Reply #188 on: March 19, 2012, 06:29:27 am »
I'm pretty sure Insua is also doing very well at Sporting. Saw him play against City in the Europa League last week, was good.

Offline Discipline

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: March 19, 2012, 08:57:21 am »
Babel. :(
Hating people because of their color is wrong. And it doesn't matter which color does the hating. It's just plain wrong.

Muhammad Ali

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #190 on: March 19, 2012, 09:04:33 am »
I'm pretty sure Insua is also doing very well at Sporting. Saw him play against City in the Europa League last week, was good.
I thought he was good too, twisted up Micah Richards once with a brilliant dribble into the box :D
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Offline aka_da_saus

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
  • follow me on twitter @aka_da_saus
« Reply #191 on: March 19, 2012, 09:13:37 am »
Always wanted us to sell aurelio and keep Insua.. Defending would surely improve with age..and a lot of our defenders seem to have improved since Clarke came in..maybe it's just way team drilled but it's made a diff
we hate nottingham forest
we hate everton 2 THERE SHIT
we hate man united
but liverpool we love u
all together now

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: May 8, 2012, 11:42:30 am »
Didn’t want to start a new thread.

Former Liverpool Defender Appointed as New Valencia Manager

Valencia have announced that Mauricio Pellegrino will take charge of the club from next season after Unai Emery decided to stand down as manager at the end of the season.

The former Liverpool defender has been appointed on a two-year deal and is well known to the fans after playing for more than five years at the club and winning two LA Liga titles in 2002 and 2004.

Pellegrino also lifted the UEFA Cup as a player under Rafa Benitez who then signed him for Liverpool and eventually promoted him to a coach at the Merseyside club.

Valencia have already secure Champions League football for next season as they currently lie third in the league, six points ahead of Malaga, but a massive 29 points behind Barcelona in second.

Emery leaves the club after working wonders on a limited budget where he has been forced to sell his best players because of the financial restraints at the club.

After joining from Almeria in 2008, Emery has since been forced to sell David Villa to Barcelona, David Silva to Manchester City and then Juan Mata to Chelsea at the start of the season.

This season they have once again impressed in the league, while they also made the semi-finals of the Europa League where they were eventually beaten by fellow Spanish side Atletico Madrid.

Pellegrino will look to continue the good work down by Emery in what will be his first managerial role.

http://www.sportsvibe.co.uk/news/football/former-liverpool-defender-appointed-as-new-valencia-manager-16397/?
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Foster

• Anny Roader
« Reply #193 on: May 20, 2012, 04:21:34 pm »
Fernando Torres doesn't seem that happy at Chelsea going by Guillem Balague's tweets.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #194 on: May 20, 2012, 04:24:33 pm »
Fernando Torres doesn't seem that happy at Chelsea going by Guillem Balague's tweets.

Just seen that too.
Maybe he's come to realise that trophies aren't as important when your not valued by your team/fans

Offline Dowling10

• Busted
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scousers rule the country.
« Reply #195 on: May 20, 2012, 04:30:51 pm »
Just seen that too.
Maybe he's come to realise that trophies aren't as important when your not valued by your team/fans

Won't happen but I reckon he would come back if we were in for him. Before anybody jumps on my back, I'm not speculating or saying I wish he'd come back or think he will, just reckon he would if we went for him. Which we won't.

Offline dast18

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #196 on: May 20, 2012, 04:32:30 pm »

For anyone not on twitter:

Guillem Balague ‏@GuillemBalague
In the next few minutes I will tweet extracts of an exclusive interview with Fernando Torres

Torres talks about openly about his feelings, how low he was this season (“never felt like this before”)
Torres also mentions that he wants a talk with the board about his future
In few minutes will send some extracts. The rest will be in http://www.guillembalague.com tonight and in Spanish in @diarioas in the morning
about pens last night, version I heard: Torres volunteered to take one, di Matteo decided not to use him:Dont know about the Twitter version
Torres: It’s contradictory because I feel like I’m at a peak moment in my career, with more desire and hunger than I’ve felt in a long time
Torres: "but I’ve had to spend the final on the bench. It was a huge disappointment when I saw the line-up, perhaps the biggest in my life"
Torres: This season I have felt things that I never had before. I’ve felt like they treated me in a way that I didn’t expect...
Torres: ...not in the way that was spoken of when they signed me. We’ve had a lot of talks and we’ll talk about my future
Torres: ...because the role I’ve had this season is not for me, nor is it the one I expected to play when I came here. I’m not comfortable
Torres: I want them to tell me what is going to happen in the future. Football has been fair on us, on me.
Torres: Now I do feel like football is worth it but I’ve been through a difficult time. The worst in my career. Dont want that again
Torres: there’s been many times when I’ve felt lost, I wasn’t sure what to do. I felt like I didn’t know where I belonged.
Torres: I’m eternally grateful to my family who have been by my side and also for the support of the owners who have stuck by me.
Torres: And especially to the fans, if it hadn’t been for them this season I would have given up
Torres: I need the club to tell me what is going to happen and what sort of role I will have within the team, what my duties are...
Torres: ...what the club expects of me. And then judge whether it is worth it.
If he was Dudek would've saved it...and there would be no film.

Offline Ryan M

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #197 on: May 24, 2012, 01:36:34 pm »
Kirkland has just signed for Sheffield Wednesday. The lad is now 31, feels only last week I was watching him play at Anfield for Coventry and was amazing!

Offline Ron

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #198 on: May 24, 2012, 02:35:07 pm »
Kirkland has just signed for Sheffield Wednesday. The lad is now 31, feels only last week I was watching him play at Anfield for Coventry and was amazing!
Yeah, he was quite good. But didn't he have a lot of trouble with injuries ?

Offline On Axis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #199 on: May 24, 2012, 02:35:40 pm »
I believe I heard Norwich is releasing Whitbread. He can probably find a decent team in the Championship