Author Topic: Fabio Aurelio  (Read 93718 times)

Offline ThePoolMan

• Not quite the Pool Man, more like the ESL Man
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Goodbye Aurelio
« Reply #600 on: April 8, 2015, 11:04:06 am »
Always find it amazing that some people think Riise was a better player than him. Not even a contest in terms of talent. Shame about the injuries, he was a cracking left back.

If only we could have had a FB with his skill and Riise's strength!

Offline Latenight Surfer

• Legacy Fan
  • Giggity
« Reply #601 on: April 8, 2015, 11:06:07 am »
Always find it amazing that some people think Riise was a better player than him. Not even a contest in terms of talent. Shame about the injuries, he was a cracking left back.

I loved Aurelio's time at Liverpool and those two free-kick gems more than a lot of things but Riise to me was better than Aurelio overall. Aurelio's injuries do a massive disservice to him in this debate but if he were to be injury free it would have been an argument which could have gone either way depending upon preferences.
« Last Edit: April 8, 2015, 11:07:43 am by Latenight Surfer »
"Genuine Struggle Leads To Genuine Success" - Yevado Annadle

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #602 on: April 8, 2015, 11:14:33 am »
Riise's swift decline in his latter couple of seasons has coloured people's memory of him, I feel. That said, Aurelio was the better technical footballer. Never properly fulfilled his talent though.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #603 on: April 8, 2015, 11:23:28 am »
Classy player, sweet left foot, excellent vision of the game and always had a good performance when he was on the pitch. If he only wasn't that injury prone...

You've just described my five a side career to a tee.

Offline Johnny B. Goode

• Currently flying solo.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • What planet is Garrincha from?
« Reply #604 on: April 8, 2015, 05:12:39 pm »
Is that really him? And if so, why wasn't he at the charity game? ;)
I believe so, yes. Loads of personal pictures all captioned in Portuguese. I do not think anyone would be arsed to create such an intricate fake of Fabio Aurelio to be honest  ;D

Wasn't there something about keeping it for players still in action?
'You put Pele face-to-face with me and I'll tell him: Pelé - you, me, any so-and-so...we can't deal with Garrincha, he's better than all of us.' Eusebio

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Fabio Aurelio
« Reply #605 on: April 8, 2015, 10:48:20 pm »
Such a good player and such a shame he suffered from injuries so much

His technique was magnificent to watch. It was like having another Xabi at fullback

Online Spanish Al

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #606 on: April 9, 2015, 12:59:39 am »

JAR was an excellent player for us and to say it isnt even a contest is a huge discredit to him. Some of the goals he scored and runs he went on were first class and he was solid defensively. His poor last season or so plus that vital mistake in the semi-final seems to have marred his reputation amongst a lot of people.

Loved Fabio, though. Such a cruel shame he saw so little playing time and as another poster said, no coincidence we were awesome the year he managed to play a lot of games. Lovely balanced left side with him and Riera, another player who deserves credit for the way we played that season.

Such a good player and such a shame he suffered from injuries so much

His technique was magnificent to watch. It was like having another Xabi at fullback

Sure I recall Rafa saying that Fabio was the best passer of the ball at the club or the most technically gifted, even when Xabi was here. Or am I going crazy?
Rafa Benitez: "I’ll always keep in my heart the good times I’ve had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager."

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #607 on: April 9, 2015, 01:58:35 am »
Check out my avatar! 8)

Offline keyo

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #608 on: April 9, 2015, 03:09:53 am »
JAR was an excellent player for us and to say it isnt even a contest is a huge discredit to him. Some of the goals he scored and runs he went on were first class and he was solid defensively. His poor last season or so plus that vital mistake in the semi-final seems to have marred his reputation amongst a lot of people.

Loved Fabio, though. Such a cruel shame he saw so little playing time and as another poster said, no coincidence we were awesome the year he managed to play a lot of games. Lovely balanced left side with him and Riera, another player who deserves credit for the way we played that season.

Sure I recall Rafa saying that Fabio was the best passer of the ball at the club or the most technically gifted, even when Xabi was here. Or am I going crazy?

Agree entirely. I always thought aurelio was basically a cracking player, but his injury record limited his contribution. JAR was able to contribute more in his Liverpool career despite not being as gifted. I made a point at the time that as good as aurelio was, we would have been better served looking at a more reliable left back during his time here. Planning, continuity, etc could have been improved. In retrospect that may have been true but his contribution during the 2008/9 season makes me happy we didn't change.
Joey's ate the frogs legs, made the swiss roll, now he's munchin' gladbach!!

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #609 on: July 5, 2015, 01:20:01 pm »
Shame he didn't feature in some of the charity matches of late at Anfield (insert injury pun here). Classy player, much underrated and likeable guy it seems. Nice article on him here:-

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/187927-aurelio-it-s-great-fans-remember-me

Three years have passed since Fabio Aurelio said farewell to Liverpool but the Brazilian still feels a strong connection to the club and especially the supporters.

Now retired from football and venturing into business around his hometown, the former Reds full-back was in a relaxed mood as he caught up with Liverpoolfc.com.

After offering his thoughts on the recent signing of compatriot Roberto Firmino and the rise of Philippe Coutinho at Anfield, the conversation turned to Aurelio himself.

Back in 2006, he was the first Brazilian to join the club.

Operating on the left side, Aurelio provided a calm, reliable presence in a defensive capacity, but also an outlet for sweeping up the flank with attacking intent.

His technique on the ball was outstanding, typified by his set-piece prowess, with free-kick goals at Old Trafford and Stamford Bridge imprinted in the memories of Kopites.

So while a succession of injuries prevented the defender from making far more than 134 appearances, he remains popular among fans - something he's proud of.

"I have great memories," said Aurelio.

"There is always the feeling that apart from the injuries, I could have done a lot more than what I did. That is the bad feeling I have from the time I spent with Liverpool, because I had some great moments but I couldn't keep it going with a good rhythm - the injuries were always an obstacle that I had to play against.

"But apart from that, the moments I did spend on the pitch were great moments and I will always have them with me. It's always great to see the fans remember those moments now."

Though he was briefly back on Merseyside a year ago, the 35-year-old has yet to return to Anfield to watch his old team in action since leaving.

It's a situation he's keen to change in the near future, however.

Aurelio said: "Last summer I was back in Liverpool. I went to visit some people at Melwood, but the time we have holidays here [in Brazil] is always also the time that the players are on holidays [in England].

"It would be great to go to Anfield again and watch Liverpool play from the stands. Until now I haven't had the opportunity, but I hope to in the future."

In the meantime, the Sao Carlos native is using all means necessary to keep up with Liverpool's exploits, whether that be live on television or on social media.

"They show a lot of the games in Brazil," he added. "I follow LFC on Instagram and it's easier, even with a big distance between us, the internet and television follow the English competitions and Premier League.

"So it's not difficult to follow [Liverpool] and I enjoy doing it a lot."

https://instagram.com/f.aurelio/
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Canada Loves Anfield

• Everything you do is a balloon
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Under a Liverbird
« Reply #610 on: July 5, 2015, 04:46:22 pm »
He was fucking quality
If it acts like a cock and a banner appears on the kop with its name written down the shaft of a cock, it probably is...

Liverpool FC - Toronto Supporters Club: http://lfctoronto.com/

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
  • And stop calling me Shirley
« Reply #611 on: September 5, 2015, 02:15:32 pm »
Every one of his touches vs Man U in the 4-1.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4rBs_fiUJc

What a master class at playing Left Back. Ya, he scored the immense free kick to kill the game off at 1-3...but he also had Ronaldo in his back pocket all match. Immense.

I think it is fitting that Stevie G posted a line-up that has Fabio in it on his instagram account to show how much we have fallen...

"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline C

• ock. Skinny bastard attempting to give himself a brekkie heart attack. Miserable, Unless we win of course.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #612 on: September 6, 2015, 10:41:36 am »
great technical player, only bad words you could say about the guy is his unfortunate fitness issues - as a footballer, he was superb.

the fact he only played 242 games in a career spanning in 16 years says it all unfortunately.
People still underrate Cristiano Ronaldo.

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #613 on: September 6, 2015, 02:31:47 pm »
watching that vid, still riles me how things ended with Riera. He could have been so much more for us, had touch, skill, shooting, some pace, good tactical sense and importantly provided something extra with his physical presence as well, could have had 5 / 6 solid years here and locked down that flank. Not spectacular, but consistently useful for the team. Linked well with Aurelio there. What a waste how things ended, didn't help Rafa either, struggled for quality wide players.

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #614 on: September 6, 2015, 03:40:29 pm »
great technical player, only bad words you could say about the guy is his unfortunate fitness issues - as a footballer, he was superb.

the fact he only played 242 games in a career spanning in 16 years says it all unfortunately.
That's a startling number

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #615 on: September 7, 2015, 03:15:57 am »

Crazy stat.

The amazing thing too is how when he came back from injury he was 100% from the start. Never seemed rusty.
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #616 on: January 7, 2016, 10:52:52 am »
Fabio played today with the Legends in Australia. Great that he is not forgotten.

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #617 on: February 19, 2017, 04:00:20 pm »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Corkboy

• Sworn enemy of Bottlegirl. The Boston Toilet Mangler. Grauniad of the Cidatel. Into kinky S&M with the Lash.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #618 on: February 20, 2017, 12:22:36 am »
Good stuff, thanks.

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #619 on: February 22, 2017, 11:05:49 am »
Good article. Considering the statistics on left-footed left backs, we were blessed for a while with both JAR and Fabio.

Offline pyroparty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #620 on: February 22, 2017, 05:50:54 pm »
He was class, a rock defensively after a dodgy start and brilliant on the ball. Really shit about the injuries but if he wasn't a crock he'd have been at Barca or Real years before we even got him soooo!

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #621 on: February 22, 2017, 05:56:48 pm »
I'll never forget him and Agger calmly playing out the ball from the back with quick passes in one of Kennys early games after the Owlycunt hoofster went. I nearly cried.

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #622 on: February 24, 2017, 09:06:01 pm »
He was class, a rock defensively after a dodgy start and brilliant on the ball. Really shit about the injuries but if he wasn't a crock he'd have been at Barca or Real years before we even got him soooo!

True. One good thing about his injuries is that he always played at a certain level even when returning from those injuries. I guess it was due to the fact he relied on intelligence and technique rather than physical force or speed.

Offline oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #623 on: July 22, 2020, 06:37:28 pm »

Online farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #624 on: July 22, 2020, 10:31:24 pm »
Top man, Fabio!
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline aw1991

• Legacy Fan
  • Love Firmino, hate bastards
« Reply #625 on: July 22, 2020, 10:55:26 pm »
Great person and player. Super underrated.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #626 on: July 22, 2020, 11:12:44 pm »
Great person and player. Super underrated.
Not underrated, just too injury prone for his reputation to stick with mainstream media. When fit he was class personified. Very smart and elegant player.

Offline Mark Walters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #627 on: July 23, 2020, 02:19:20 pm »

OMG, I think I'm in love!  A whole family of reds kitted out there. Brilliant!
"Maybe in life it's impossible to give 100 per cent to your job. Okay, I'll accept 98 per cent" Rafa Benitez

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #628 on: July 23, 2020, 02:54:53 pm »
 Hardly played unfortunately but when he does always reminds us of his peach of a left foot.

got to love our brazilian contingent. Think it was Doni that got us interested in Alisson through his scouting.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #629 on: July 23, 2020, 05:38:18 pm »
Not underrated, just too injury prone for his reputation to stick with mainstream media. When fit he was class personified. Very smart and elegant player.
He was pure class under Rafa at Valencia, that team was just beastly in general.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #630 on: July 24, 2020, 09:51:20 am »
Always loved Fabio. Brilliant footballer, and massively underrated defensively (often happens to the more technical full backs, as if you can't be both).

He was our first ever Brazilian player. We've done pretty well with Brazilians ever since.

Even the two backup keepers Doni and Cavalieri, both had great distribution
« Last Edit: July 24, 2020, 09:54:37 am by Classycara »

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Aurrera begiratzen ez duena, atzean dago.
« Reply #631 on: July 26, 2020, 09:28:37 am »

https://www.instagram.com/f.aurelio
What a lovely family photo and post. Almost a decade since he left Anfield, it just confirms what we already knew. Class act on and off the pitch.

On his day, arguably the best LB in the world. Ask Roberto Carlos, Maicon, or Ronaldo. My sig below says it all...
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #632 on: July 26, 2020, 09:50:15 am »
Class player. I had nothing but man-love on him.

That free-kick against Cech and van der Saar though. Nearly made me cry.

Offline oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #633 on: July 5, 2022, 03:15:26 pm »
A few videos and some info on Fabio Aurelio...

LFCHistory.net Player Profile: www.lfchistory.net/Players/Player/Profile/1157

Wikipedia Page for Fabio Aurelio: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/F%C3%A1bio_Aur%C3%A9lio

Liverpool fan wiki page: https://liverpoolfc.fandom.com/wiki/Fabio_Aurelio

^ or https://twitter.com/TheRedmenTV/status/1544296011757228033

^ or https://twitter.com/_TheKopite/status/1544214964797423616

^ or https://twitter.com/Mick_Moran_/status/1498949971743236100

and also this goal too - vs Portsmouth in 2009: www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3zsH5vj8do (at 23 seconds into this video)

'Top 10: Gols de FÁBIO AURÉLIO - Os MELHORES GOLS da carreira de FÁBIO AURÉLIO' - a quality 4 minute video, and well worth a watch:-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/JWsYjMby6OA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/JWsYjMby6OA</a>

^ or click here to watch - www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWsYjMby6OA

'LaLiga Memory: Fabio Aurelio' - a 3 minute video:-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Jz3_QSQXZn4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Jz3_QSQXZn4</a>

^ or click here to watch - www.youtube.com/v/Jz3_QSQXZn4

'Fabio Aurelio Freekick' - from in the stands at Old Trafford:-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/XvjuGze80WI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/XvjuGze80WI</a>

^ and also here (fan cam thing) - https://twitter.com/SkySportsPL/status/1185149149374754816

'Manchester United 1-4 Liverpool' - 7 minute highlights:-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/HJ6wBhEgSQ8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/HJ6wBhEgSQ8</a>

'Fábio Aurélio vs Manchester United (A) 08-09' - a 5 minute video:-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/m4rBs_fiUJc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/m4rBs_fiUJc</a>

'Chelsea 4-4 Liverpool (2009), Quarter-final | Iconic Champions League matches' - 21 minute highlights:-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/nt0AQTWr2Sw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/nt0AQTWr2Sw</a>

'Fabio Aurelio goal against Bolton':-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/IwyBaCpwcMg" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/IwyBaCpwcMg</a>

^ and here too - https://twitter.com/LFC/status/911991136469753856

'Fabio Aurelio goal vs Portsmouth' (quality image video):-

www.facebook.com/C.A.Sasidar/videos/54292491919

'Fabio Aurelio - We meet again' - a 2 minute video:-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/sf1HscKO4Cs" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/sf1HscKO4Cs</a>

'Fabio Aurelio | Thanks For The Memories':-

www.dailymotion.com/video/xpdf7c (4 minute video)

'Fabio Aurelio - Liverpool' - a 4 minute video:-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/sR1eaCYM9cM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/sR1eaCYM9cM</a>

'Fabio Aurelio - unsung hero' - a 2 minute video:-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/3RYmJX4lZys" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/3RYmJX4lZys</a>

'Fábio Aurélio Goals for clubs' - a 3 minute video:-

www.facebook.com/dailysportmy/videos/565737164098349

'The Front Row Seat with Duncan Elias EP 8 - Fabio Aurelio' - a 30 minute interview with Fabio himself; comes across really humble, intelligent and likeable guy:-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/7186AH1MN7Y" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/7186AH1MN7Y</a>

A few articles on Fabio Aurelio...

'Remembering Fabio Aurelio at Liverpool and his subtle touch of class': www.planetfootball.com/nostalgia/remembering-fabio-aurelio-at-liverpool-and-his-subtle-touch-of-class

FÁBIO AURÉLIO: A SPECTACULAR TALENT: https://thesefootballtimes.co/2020/01/07/fabio-aurelio-a-spectacular-talent-ruined-by-injuries

Fábio Aurélio — the man who started Liverpool’s Brazilian love affair: https://thekopite.org/2020/05/14/fabio-aurelio-liverpool-career-ruined-by-injury

Liverpool had a majestic full-back long before Jürgen Klopp: www.liverpool.com/liverpool-fc-news/features/liverpool-fabio-aurelio-transfer-klopp-18117345

Liverpool’s First Brazilian Romance: www.thefalsenine.co.uk/2013/10/07/fabio-aurelio-liverpools-first-brazilian-romance

Fábio Aurélio: Favourite Moments At Liverpool: https://worldfootballindex.com/2020/09/fabio-aurelio-liverpool-interview-benitez-best-moments-winning-la-liga-valencia-sao-paulo

Fab interview with the official site site (2022): www.liverpoolfc.com/news/fabio-aurelio-column-left-back-benefits-arthur-and-hardest-opponents

Fabio Aurelio Amazed at ‘Completely New’ Liverpool (2019): www.sambafoot.com/en/news/96247_fabio_aurelio_amazed_at____completely_new____liverpool.html

Fabio Aurelio magic vital to Liverpool FC trophy hopes (2009): www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/tony-barrett-fabio-aurelio-magic-3457607

Fabio Aurelio - LFC Profile and Statistics: www.anfield-online.co.uk/squad/fabio-aurelio-profile.html

Fabio Aurelio and the Two Free Kicks: www.footballparadise.com/fabio-aurelio-and-the-two-free-kicks

Fabio Aurelio was proved right with his 'promising' Liverpool prediction: www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/fabio-aurelio-right-liverpool-prediction-20972640

Fabio Aurelio: Liverpool are being followed a lot in Brazil right now: www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/397898-fabio-aurelio-liverpool-are-being-followed-a-lot-in-brazil-right-now

'Top Of The List' - Fabio Aurelio On Liverpool Left Back Andy Robertson: www.si.com/soccer/liverpool/interviews/top-of-the-list-fabio-aurelio-on-liverpool-left-back-andy-robertson

Fábio Aurélio: Favourite Moments At Liverpool, Winning La Liga & Life After Playing: https://worldfootballindex.com/2020/09/fabio-aurelio-liverpool-interview-benitez-best-moments-winning-la-liga-valencia-sao-paulo

Fabio Aurelio delighted to announce the ‘special gift’ of being able to represent Liverpool once again: www.empireofthekop.com/2022/03/18/fabio-aurelio-delighted-to-announce-the-special-gift-of-being-able-to-represent-liverpool-once-again

Transfermarkt player info page: www.transfermarkt.co.uk/fabio-aurelio/profil/spieler/7570

Official instagram page: www.instagram.com/f.aurelio

Always loved this gif too...

Great to see him still doing the business for the Liverpool Legends side too (winning away again - at Old Trafford vs the Mancs in 2022!)...

^ bottom row - far left... and he still plays very well ;D

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video thread' content info for years gone by, recent times, Season Reviews, Cup Final victories - Domestic, European, and World...

www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576 & www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=112969.0

« Last Edit: November 7, 2022, 04:46:03 pm by oojason »

Offline Mark Walters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #634 on: July 6, 2022, 06:13:40 pm »

Some faces here I do not recognise at all!
Who are:
- top right?
- between Luis and Yossi?
- between Xavier and Diao?
- between Gonzalez and Momo?
"Maybe in life it's impossible to give 100 per cent to your job. Okay, I'll accept 98 per cent" Rafa Benitez

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #635 on: July 6, 2022, 06:19:22 pm »
Between Gonzalez and Momo is Le Tallec.
AHA!

Offline oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #636 on: July 6, 2022, 10:59:27 pm »

top right is Stephen Wright
between Xavier and Diao is Andriy Voronin (minus ponytail - and played well)
between Luis and Yossi is Gregory Vignal

Hopefully they'll all be back for the 2nd leg at Anfield on the 24th September - Fabio included ;D

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #637 on: July 6, 2022, 11:03:04 pm »
That’s made me feel old! Would never have guessed Vignal and Le Tallec in a million years. Or Stephen Wright!

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
« Reply #638 on: July 7, 2022, 08:06:51 pm »
Class player. I had nothing but man-love on him.

That free-kick against Cech and van der Saar though. Nearly made me cry.
Exactly the same here! I had tears in my eyes when he scored our third goal against the Mancs with that FK.
We were finally beating them at their gaff and potentially seriously back in the hunt for the title.

And that FK against Cech in the CL at Stamford Bridge. Took everyone by surprise! Very underrated FK! Something completely different. Clever player.

Offline Mark Walters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #639 on: July 8, 2022, 05:35:11 pm »
Between Gonzalez and Momo is Le Tallec.
top right is Stephen Wright
between Xavier and Diao is Andriy Voronin (minus ponytail - and played well)
between Luis and Yossi is Gregory Vignal

Hopefully they'll all be back for the 2nd leg at Anfield on the 24th September - Fabio included ;D

Wow! Did not recognise them at all.  Voronin I should've guessed, perhaps Vignal too. But Wright and Le Tallec look totally different.