Author Topic: PL: WBA 1 v 2 Liverpool ‘14 Kanu ‘33 Mo 90+4 Alisson (yes Alisson)  (Read 45339 times)

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
:D

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
I find it interesting that Alisson looked over at the bench for 'permission' to go up for the corner.  A player with his stature in the team you'd think would just go. I'm sure I've read that Klopp wants 'intelligent' players that can make decisions in the game . Probably Alisson recognises that the bench has a better grip of how well the odds play out of him going up to influence a goal vs the risk of a counter conceeding a goal and whether 2 points gained is bigger than 1 lost.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
I find it interesting that Alisson looked over at the bench for 'permission' to go up for the corner.  A player with his stature in the team you'd think would just go. I'm sure I've read that Klopp wants 'intelligent' players that can make decisions in the game . Probably Alisson recognises that the bench has a better grip of how well the odds play out of him going up to influence a goal vs the risk of a counter conceeding a goal and whether 2 points gained is bigger than 1 lost.
Really? Stature? It was a massive call because even at 1-1 it wasn’t all or nothing in terms of our CL qualification. If the ball had cleared and a Baggie had launched a 70 yarder into an empty net with seconds still on the clock, Alisson would have been vilified.

That he had the nerve to do it (he mentioned Achterberg didn’t discourage him) and actually score with that technique, well that’s why we paid £67m for him. If we make CL on the back of that goal, then just like his save v Napoli in 2018/19, he’ll have repaid his fee in full yet again. I never thought anyone would eclipse Clem or Brucie, but our No.1 is like a perfect hybrid of them both with added enhancements.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2021, 09:47:58 am by rossipersempre »
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline scouseman

• Legacy Fan
  • aspiring mod of RAWK

Paul I am sure that the goalkeeper coach told him to get in the box. Ali said that he managed to get to the half way line and no one said anything and he was told to go in to the penalty area. You can see him nod as he is going up. 

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
I find it interesting that Alisson looked over at the bench for 'permission' to go up for the corner.
It's normal, though and usually the manager/coaching staff will say no. Klopp made a point of stating that on this occasion he didn't stop him, while Achterberg waved him on.

"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
Really? Stature? It was a massive call because even at 1-1 it wasn’t all or nothing in terms of our CL qualification. If the ball had cleared and a Baggie had launched a 70 yarder into an empty net with seconds still on the clock, Alisson would have been vilified.

That he had the nerve to do it (he mentioned Achterberg didn’t discourage him) and actually score with that technique, well that’s why we paid £67m for him. If we make CL on the back of that goal, then just like his save v Napoli in 2018/19, he’ll have repaid his fee in full yet again. I never thought anyone would eclipse Clem or Brucie, but our No.1 is like a perfect hybrid of them both with added enhancements.

It was practically.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline G a r y

• Sexist Pig. Wants to mate with Dan Bilzerian
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kop 306
I'd be surprised if he didn't ask 'permission'. No one wants a keeper that just does things because he thinks it is the right thing to do.

In situations like that the keeper is either waved on by the management and told to go up or asks permission.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I'd be surprised if he didn't ask 'permission'. No one wants a keeper that just does things because he thinks it is the right thing to do.

In situations like that the keeper is either waved on by the management and told to go up or asks permission.

He said in his post match interview he was moving and looking to the bench for permission, but no-one was looking so he was going anyway and then Achterburg clocked him and waved him forward. Klopp said in his he had no idea Ali was going up for the corner.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
It wasn't the 'normal' situation at the end of a game and a goalie goes up for a corner. It was a bit more complicated than that. It was a massive judgement call. We risked everything to be in a better situation.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
It wasn't the 'normal' situation at the end of a game and a goalie goes up for a corner. It was a bit more complicated than that. It was a massive judgement call. We risked everything to be in a better situation.

I don't think we'd have risked it any earlier in the game. There was 4 minutes added and the clock was just short of 94 when the corner was awarded. It was basically the last kick of the game. If it was cleared the ref should have blown up.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
I don't think we'd have risked it any earlier in the game. There was 4 minutes added and the clock was just short of 94 when the corner was awarded. It was basically the last kick of the game. If it was cleared the ref should have blown up.
That would be gambling on there being no added, added time - which happens more often than not.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Oh that's the other thought I had. Did Alison have a clear view of the clock and know how much was added on? The bench would. Just fascinated at the interplay within the team. Certainly seem to have the balance right. Not sure why my use of statute was highlighted. Might be a clumsy use but I think it's right.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Ps. Hope we see Pickford go up for one the glory hunting shit. Head it to the hands of the oppo keeper who then boots it to score the winner.

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Legacy Fan
Ps. Hope we see Pickford go up for one the glory hunting shit. Head it to the hands of the oppo keeper who then boots it to score the winner.
He would still dive, even if he hadn't got out of the opposition's box.
NAKED BOOBERY

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
Oh that's the other thought I had. Did Alison have a clear view of the clock and know how much was added on? The bench would. Just fascinated at the interplay within the team. Certainly seem to have the balance right. Not sure why my use of statute was highlighted. Might be a clumsy use but I think it's right.
Because you implied that Alisson’s slight hesitance or confidence in going up was somehow debatable, and that somehow hinged on some sort of hierarchy or “stature” within the squad.

Sorry but I don’t think any of that applies.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
He said in his post match interview he was moving and looking to the bench for permission, but no-one was looking so he was going anyway and then Achterburg clocked him and waved him forward. Klopp said in his he had no idea Ali was going up for the corner.

It's just like in rugby when the players look to the coaching staff for advice as whether to kick a penalty at goal, or to run the ball and go for a try.  Sometimes they act unilaterally anyway - but they always look over to the bench.
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Because you implied that Alisson’s slight hesitance or confidence in going up was somehow debatable, and that somehow hinged on some sort of hierarchy or “stature” within the squad.

Sorry but I don’t think any of that applies.

Ah yes. I guess I just felt he seems to be so well respected he'd back his own decision. It's great that he acknowledges the bench are in the best position to make that decision and that they are happy with his decision.

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Just been enjoying the all angles view.
I guess Alisson is used to practicing timing his jump. But where the hell did he learn to head a ball like that?

Offline macmanamanaman

• S art Arse.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Robbie Returns!
I guess Alisson is used to practicing timing his jump. But where the hell did he learn to head a ball like that?

He is from Brazil. His mom taught him.
Before he was born.
"A Football team is like a Piano: You need 8 people to carry it and 3 to play the damn thing" - Shankly

Offline MdArshad

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop

Still amazed with this. It was a header that if scored by Bierhoff or Shearer would have put in their top 3 goals scored. Amazing. Thank you Alisson.

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy

Good call by Achterberg and i guess Ali both, there was actually very little risk in it because the time was up, chances were almost 100% that if wba cleared their lines the whistle would blow right away, so why not roll the dice.

Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
This match and All's goal will live in my memory forever.

The match itself will be forgotten - but the goal won't (maybe that will make the match stick a bit longer).

Online blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
The only two disappointments I have with the whole match are:

1. Alissons goal was so clear cut. Plenty of potential there to have it as a VAR decision that was dodgy as fuck and we got it.

2. I wish their disallowed goal was even a LOT more sussy. Like the guy was even further away from Ali. And lying on the deck. After being pushed over by that dirty foreigner Salah. Screaming like the penalty bitch.

I fucking hate that gravy swigging fucker.

After the euphoria of Alis goal, I was like a kid on Christmas Eve, waiting to listen to his post match.

Beautiful.
All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.

Offline Kennys from heaven

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!"
Re: PL: WBA 1 v 2 Liverpool ‘14 Kanu ‘33 Mo 90+4 Alisson (yes Alisson)
« Reply #784 on: July 18, 2021, 11:42:22 am »

Goal of the season?   :D
No matter how many times I see that, it makes me warmly glow.
The most important people at Liverpool Football Club are the people who want to be here

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #785 on: July 18, 2021, 11:47:37 am »
The greatest part was the commentary for Alissons goal.

A masterpiece in understatement
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #786 on: July 18, 2021, 11:50:14 am »
It still scares me how close Nat was to connecting with it before Ali and planting it firmly into row E

Inches
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #787 on: July 18, 2021, 12:44:37 pm »
I also enjoy fat fuck Sam after the game coming up with every excuse in the book.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #788 on: July 18, 2021, 01:12:15 pm »
The greatest part was the commentary for Alissons goal.

A masterpiece in understatement

Open your mind to Andres...

https://twitter.com/soccerdotcom/status/1394021127039557635?s=20
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...