Author Topic: STH FAN UPDATE - All 'The Dog Ate My ID" in here  (Read 115299 times)

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: STH FAN UPDATE - All 'The Dog Ate My ID" in here
« Reply #200 on: March 10, 2020, 02:31:44 pm »
no but doesn't have to be, just make it so more people can get to a game per season, that is what the majority of fans want I think

Well if they want one game a season the Carabao is usually a doddle.

But what you usually find is people who only want one and moan they can never get a ticket turn their nose up at that

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA, Chester via Newtownards
« Reply #201 on: March 10, 2020, 02:33:51 pm »

But what you usually find is people who only want one and moan they can never get a ticket turn their nose up at that
Yeah but even still numbers are tight but its also a fair point some people aren't happy with just Watford at home,

Offline Mr.Savage

• Anny Roader
« Reply #202 on: March 10, 2020, 02:34:02 pm »

It seems to be just the games agains United, City or Everton that they “need”

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Vice Chair - Former Chair LFC S/Committee
« Reply #203 on: March 10, 2020, 02:37:40 pm »
The card transfer doesnt help reduce touting

Whats to stop someone selling their card for £1000, and not officially transferring it?

The card will still get scanned - how will the club know who used it

Transfers will go to the F&F mobile phone number - the card won't scan for the transferred game.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline ChrisLFCKOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #204 on: March 10, 2020, 02:38:19 pm »
Yes, it says that - as a member if you pass it on the person going gets the credit.

So will they start checking those attending? As I cannot see members transferring their tickets.

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #205 on: March 10, 2020, 02:42:02 pm »
Transfers will go to the F&F mobile phone number - the card won't scan for the transferred game.

I like this idea a lot but surely it’ll be more than just a txt. Would it be via an app you need to log in? Otherwise people are just gonna copy and paste txt messages etc

With regards to the cups...are those currently on all credits guaranteed for future sales or are some to lose out again?

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
  • Now it's time for Jurgens men
« Reply #206 on: March 10, 2020, 02:42:40 pm »

Nothing stopping people from passing cards on still then? Unless it went all phone based

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #207 on: March 10, 2020, 02:43:10 pm »
I like this idea a lot but surely it’ll be more than just a txt. Would it be via an app you need to log in? Otherwise people are just gonna copy and paste txt messages etc

NFC

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #208 on: March 10, 2020, 02:43:50 pm »

Spot on, support the club not the opposition - didnt see 150k in the queue for shrewsbury :P

Offline ScubaSteve

• Legacy Fan

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #210 on: March 10, 2020, 02:45:49 pm »

With regards to the cups...are those currently on all credits guaranteed for future sales or are some to lose out again?

It is an app and can't be forwarded on to another phone. NFC.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline ChrisLFCKOP

• Legacy Fan

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #212 on: March 10, 2020, 02:49:26 pm »
??

Same thing you use for contactless card payments on your phone or bank card

Offline campioni

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #213 on: March 10, 2020, 02:57:42 pm »
Looks like the announcement will be made in the next week or so about STH's turn to start the Update.

Friends and Family of up to six people with a request that a 6+1 scheme could be developed where the +1 is any Youth member (not necessarily known to the STH) - this would allow the option of Youth fans to get allocated a ticket. The scheme will probably not be ready for the start of next season but there is some support for it.

Members will also get six F&F. But pass it on and the credit goes to the member who takes it.

The Members guaranteed sale remains as normal but the Members free for all will be replaced with a ballot after 70% of responders to the recent survey (that got 20,000+ replies) favoured that.

New system prevents bots and only allows those qualified in to mooch around. No extra fees using the new system.

F&F will NOT see a paper ticket produced for the recipient from a STH - it will be a notification to the F&F's smart phone in an app - those with shit phones or none will be addressed on a case by case basis. Once transferred once that's it - no second transfer per game.

The changes will be basic to start but there is the capability to add more sophistication as it moves forward. Supporter reps have been invited to try the system out but realistically until you get a full sale no one will know its resilience and if it is better.

AWAYS are NOT being addressed in this - that needs more discussions and will happen next season.

Finally HOME transparency will start from next season on where tickets are going - the Club will publish pre-season the number of STHs, members (with credit breakdowns) etc. Then after each game there will be a report on attendance - so STHs who attended and did not - members who didn't go or did go - the number of hospitality tickets used that game and the player, sponsors and other categories lumped as one - despite the nonsense of it, the Club insist on producing percentages rather than numbers but a quick use of a calculator will show what the numbers were for that game.

Graham, thanks for the update. Do those who want to be nominated as friends and family on a season ticket need to be a member?

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #214 on: March 10, 2020, 02:58:13 pm »
Graham, thanks for the update. Do those who want to be nominated as friends and family on a season ticket need to be a member?

No.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline JohnOK

• Main Stander
« Reply #215 on: March 10, 2020, 03:04:15 pm »
You mentioned before Graham about older STH's possibly being able to pass over their season ticket once on death. Do you know if that will be part of this update or did they not proceed with that in the end?

Offline Mr.Savage

• Anny Roader
« Reply #216 on: March 10, 2020, 03:04:33 pm »
No.

Then how would the credit get transferred in case of a member transferring to a non member? Or is that just STHs?

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #217 on: March 10, 2020, 03:12:09 pm »
You mentioned before Graham about older STH's possibly being able to pass over their season ticket once on death. Do you know if that will be part of this update or did they not proceed with that in the end?

I don't think it will be in the current comms but it was definitely a live issue.

This needs to be seen as a first step in lots of developments over ST usage. They're have genuinely tried to reflect how tickets are used while at the same time wanting to make it fairer all round and doing something about touts.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #218 on: March 10, 2020, 03:12:39 pm »
Then how would the credit get transferred in case of a member transferring to a non member? Or is that just STHs?

Members can only pass to other members.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #219 on: March 10, 2020, 03:16:26 pm »
Members can only pass to other members.

ST's dont half get their perks

Cheaper tickets
No annual fee to buy tickets
Join the ACS as they please
Away priority
Better seats
and now ticket transfer perks

Members on 19 get shafted. Again.

Offline ChrisLFCKOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #220 on: March 10, 2020, 03:23:04 pm »

Cheaper tickets
Away priority
Better seats

But they have to pay for it all in one go..... :butt :butt :butt

Some perks I can live with but this seems bonkers...I would love a season ticket but never ever going to get one.

Offline ScubaSteve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #221 on: March 10, 2020, 03:25:23 pm »

Some perks I can live with but this seems bonkers...I would love a season ticket but never ever going to get one.

They can join a finance scheme so it’s paid off over a period of time

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #222 on: March 10, 2020, 03:26:14 pm »

Not really, they can pay it on finance

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #223 on: March 10, 2020, 03:26:15 pm »
They can join a finance scheme so it’s paid off over a period of time
while members in the bulk can't

Offline ScubaSteve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #224 on: March 10, 2020, 03:27:42 pm »

Cheaper tickets
Away priority
Better seats

Seriously think the club should run the ST scheme differently whereby you can only keep it for a certain number of years then it gets passed on to the next person in the queue.

Far too many fans wanting one that keep them in the same hands for decades seems ridiculous..

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #225 on: March 10, 2020, 03:30:17 pm »
Seriously think the club should run the ST scheme differently whereby you can only keep it for a certain number of years then it gets passed on to the next person in the queue.

Far too many fans wanting one that keep them in the same hands for decades seems ridiculous..
unfair that I think, would have to do same with members on 13+ then

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #226 on: March 10, 2020, 03:32:07 pm »
while members in the bulk can't

I'll add that to the list.... haha

Offline Danny Boy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #227 on: March 10, 2020, 03:32:11 pm »

Ha ha ha ha

In theory then you could have someone who's had a ST for years and years having it forcibly taken from them and given to the next person on the list. That next person on the list may not have ever been to Anfield before but lucks out with a ST for this season for example.

Do me a favour.

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #228 on: March 10, 2020, 03:36:39 pm »
Members and STH will have equal advantage in the ACS next year,

If a member or STH was in the ACS this year they equally get the same chance to be in it again.

STHs are buying tickets for games somethings nine or ten months in advance - not four or five.

Many STHs have had tickets for forty years plus not the Members scheme that has only bene in place for around ten.

And any erosion of the disparity in the last few years has been almost solely to favour members.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #229 on: March 10, 2020, 03:37:01 pm »
Going to be awful. Every man and his dog will get the email in the summer "Apply now for tickets to see the mighty reds at the home of Liverpool Football Club and soak in the glorious atmosphere" etc. etc.
Be shit loads of people who never tried before.

This. Ballots can fuck right off. A lot of people who voted for them thinking it would be better are going to be very disappointed when the results come out.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #230 on: March 10, 2020, 03:39:59 pm »

And any erosion of the disparity in the last few years has been almost solely to favour members.
all the measures have been fair and won't have impacted any STH ability to attend the game

Offline Mr.Savage

• Anny Roader
« Reply #231 on: March 10, 2020, 03:42:22 pm »
Members and STH will have equal advantage in the ACS next year,

If a member or STH was in the ACS this year they equally get the same chance to be in it again.

STHs are buying tickets for games somethings nine or ten months in advance - not four or five.

Many STHs have had tickets for forty years plus not the Members scheme that has only bene in place for around ten.

So will season tickets without the required European criteria no longer be able to join the autocup?

Offline gav91v

• Kopite
« Reply #232 on: March 10, 2020, 03:42:43 pm »
Ballot is an absolutely awful idea, can't believe that club have gone with that. I know the bulk sales are not perfect but a ballot is infinitely worse. I am saying that as somebody who has got zero tickets in the last 3 bulk sales.

With the current bulks there is the guaranteed 13+ sale, then the 4+ member sale and then the free for all. Are the ballots going to be done similarly in terms of 4+ and then a free for all, or is it just one big free for all ballot now? If that is the case that is very poor for those who do 4-12 games each season.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #233 on: March 10, 2020, 03:43:54 pm »
Ballot is an absolutely awful idea, can't believe that club have gone with that. I know the bulk sales are not perfect but a ballot is infinitely worse. I am saying that as somebody who has got zero tickets in the last 3 bulk sales.

With the current bulks there is the guaranteed 13+ sale, then the 4+ member sale and then the free for all. Are the ballots going to be done similarly in terms of 4+ and then a free for all, or is it just one big free for all ballot now? If that is the case that is very poor for those who do 4-12 games each season.
I'm assuming there will be a 4+ ballot

Offline ScubaSteve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #234 on: March 10, 2020, 03:47:39 pm »
Ha ha ha ha

In theory then you could have someone who's had a ST for years and years having it forcibly taken from them and given to the next person on the list. That next person on the list may not have ever been to Anfield before but lucks out with a ST for this season for example.

Do me a favour.

No, all STHs would start from a decided date. Have it for 5 years or whatever then they can pass it on to the next and those people can then become members and go to the back of the queue if they so wish. I’m sure Dortmund or someone have a similar scheme to this 

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #235 on: March 10, 2020, 03:48:47 pm »
Will be praying for a newly promoted team on the first or last home game every season now so it's only two potentially in the ballot! Fuck sake, this has really pissed me off.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Hightown Phil

• Loves burgers and men, ideally men on burgers…big fan of the Gormley statues. Turned down a starring role on The Bill.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #236 on: March 10, 2020, 03:49:12 pm »
No, all STHs would start from a decided date. Have it for 5 years or whatever then they can pass it on to the next and those people can then become members and go to the back of the queue if they so wish. I’m sure Dortmund or someone have a similar scheme to this 

This is the shittest idea I've ever heard.

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #237 on: March 10, 2020, 03:55:13 pm »
So will season tickets without the required European criteria no longer be able to join the autocup?

Not at first announcement - anyone STH or Member in this year will be guaranteed to be in next.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline ScubaSteve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #238 on: March 10, 2020, 03:55:43 pm »
This is the shittest idea I've ever heard.

Hahaha just a suggestion!! STH get all these benefits as 1st class supporters whilst us members are stuck in economy class  ;D

Anyway if we get equality in the cups I’ll be happy. Like what was mentioned before the league and the cups should be treated as separate entities

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #239 on: March 10, 2020, 03:57:49 pm »
Not at first announcement - anyone STH or Member in this year will be guaranteed to be in next.
so those on 4/5/6 this season but not the ACS are stuck on the outside?