Author Topic: SOS: Fiorentina - Protest  (Read 29464 times)

Offline Curva Nord '77

• Legacy Fan
Re: SOS: Fiorentina - Protest
« Reply #360 on: December 6, 2009, 04:16:33 pm »
Dp gives the impression that he is metaphorically walking awkwardly having taken some DP.

SOS are doing their best. I believe that by trying to be all things to everyone they have probably suffered as a result. Pitch invasions/ occupations/ crowd disobedience SHOULD be discussed, whther they are the right course of action is another matter.

This is the problem - this guy talks about "top reds".

WTF are "top reds"?

I've followed the club for 40 years - why have I got to join SOS to have credibility?

Picketing the stadium and cutting off the money supply to these two bastards is the only option.

SOS is supposed to be a union - the action taken needs to be union-like and direct.

As one guy said - protesting outside and then giving the bastards your money is pathetic really.

These bastards don't give a flying fuck about us - they'd fucking groundshare too if they could.

They are a cancer that needs to be cut out.
The fact that DP and his mates are ignored in the Albert by top reds is not entirely surprising.

Offline Fazakerley Red

• No longer angry :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fazakerley Red
« Reply #361 on: December 6, 2009, 11:32:43 pm »
Dp gives the impression that he is metaphorically walking awkwardly having taken some DP.

SOS are doing their best. I believe that by trying to be all things to everyone they have probably suffered as a result. Pitch invasions/ occupations/ crowd disobedience SHOULD be discussed, whther they are the right course of action is another matter.

The fact that DP and his mates are ignored in the Albert by top reds is not entirely surprising.
Top reds i didn't say that and i can tell you now that this so called Double Z list celeb is not a better red than me not by a long chalk  but i don't really care if they think i haven't an opinion because i don't wish to give them 10- pounds for there "union " who cares if the americans go who will you protest about then .

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #362 on: December 6, 2009, 11:37:45 pm »
DP - try discussing your concerns with SoS directly, instead of just slating them on here. You might be surprised by their patient and reasoned responses.

And don't come back with the same old trash about "not being anti-SoS" cos frankly it's fucking boring now - you've commented several times on what you seem to view as their elitist attitude - it's evident to anyone with eyes that your view of them is evenly-balanced......

A chip on each shoulder.

Offline Fazakerley Red

• No longer angry :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fazakerley Red
« Reply #363 on: December 6, 2009, 11:41:29 pm »
DP - try discussing your concerns with SoS directly, instead of just slating them on here. You might be surprised by their patient and reasoned responses.

And don't come back with the same old trash about "not being anti-SoS" cos frankly it's fucking boring now - you've commented several times on what you seem to view as their elitist attitude - it's evident to anyone with eyes that your view of them is evenly-balanced......

A chip on each shoulder.
i have and as i said been told unless i join i have no voice , the reason i posted in this thread was because of the ludricous suggestions of some people in here , IE pitch invasion, cutting TV cables and lying in front of team coaches . well if i have a chip on both shoulders well not as much as the smugness of some of the so called celebs who are part of the SoS who believe they are the voice of everyone .
« Last Edit: December 6, 2009, 11:43:52 pm by the divine ponytail »

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #364 on: December 6, 2009, 11:48:04 pm »
Is this sold out btw?
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline TALBERT

• Shite
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #365 on: December 7, 2009, 12:02:49 am »
i have and as i said been told unless i join i have no voice , the reason i posted in this thread was because of the ludricous suggestions of some people in here , IE pitch invasion, cutting TV cables and lying in front of team coaches . well if i have a chip on both shoulders well not as much as the smugness of some of the so called celebs who are part of the SoS who believe they are the voice of everyone .

These ludricous suggestions sound like the stupid pathetic things Father's of Justice were doing.....

SOS needs direct action a boycott on everything.......

The trouble is when the yanks come to a game for example the manc game everyone is so focused on the game and we must support the team that they do nothing while the two yankie c*nts are sitting in the ground.....
Number 1 fan of Xabi Alonso Alberto Aquilani Raul Meireles. Barry is pure shite compared to Xabi Alberto Raul!!!!!
KIMI RAIKKONEN LEGEND WDC 2007
Gomes flapping at a ball looks like a sealion trying to have a wank!

Offline smig

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #366 on: December 7, 2009, 12:17:55 am »
Is this sold out btw?
Not yet there's still tickets on general sale on the official site.
"Fire in your belly comes from pride and passion in wearing the red shirt."

Offline Bogman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #367 on: December 7, 2009, 09:55:48 am »
Bump.

Various rumours floating around about Nando and being "sold" again.
Get rid of a world class "injury prone" striker, piss the manager off, who will off course jack, tendering compensation useless, and making some money on the deal, to boot - wouldn't put it past our lovely owners.

Again, only the Nando bit, is only a rumour, but........................need to be heard people.
« Last Edit: December 7, 2009, 09:58:24 am by Bogman »
I saw Saddam's hanging on YouTube and it made me think. It made me think... is there nothing on the Internet that I won't masturbate to?

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #368 on: December 7, 2009, 09:59:39 am »
Bump.

Various rumours floating around about Nando and being "sold" again.
Get rid of a world class "injury prone" striker, piss the manager off, who will off course jack, tendering compensation useless, and making some money on the deal, to boot - wouldn't put it past our lovely owners.

Again, only the Nando bit, is only a rumour, but........................need to be heard people.
Wish you wouldn't throw petrol on the fire ...

Offline Bogman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #369 on: December 7, 2009, 10:29:18 am »
Wish you wouldn't throw petrol on the fire ...

Thought it was, turned out to be water.
I saw Saddam's hanging on YouTube and it made me think. It made me think... is there nothing on the Internet that I won't masturbate to?

Offline jaymc

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #370 on: December 7, 2009, 10:31:50 am »
I've been on a couple of the marches and was a member of SOS, but i'm thinking now what is the point? And not really because of anything SOS is doing wrong exactly.

The club stopped being ours a long time ago, before i was going. Things i hate about it, and football in general, were happening before G&H were here. Rising ticket price's, not selling kids tickets, no window sales, us becoming a tourist attraction, the club encouraging it.

They were happening when moores & parry were here, and they'll happen if some rich arab comes in. We won't have the debt, i know thats important, and we'll be succesfull.But it'll be £50/60 to go the match. We'll be a bigger tourist attraction than ever, more flash bulbs, the atmosphere shitter, still be no such thing as a junior ticket. These are things me and my mates see as issues. But they're never gonna change cos thats how modern football is.

Also beginning to think that marching and then going the match is hypocritical. Marching isn't a big sacrifice, it can even be quite enjoyable, give a sense of togetherness. But then people are still handing over their money, for the simple reason that going the match is something they enjoy. No one feels strong enough to make that sacrifice.

Offline xerxes1

• Arch Revisionist. Lord Marmaduke of Bunkerton. Has no agenda other than the truth. Descendant of Prince John.
  • Legacy Fan
  • L-I-V,E-R-P-,double OL, Liverpool FC.
« Reply #371 on: December 7, 2009, 10:42:14 am »

I will attempt one last rational response to you.

Sos have formed to offer a focal point for those dissatisfied with the current regime. They are doing their best, and they are doing something. You don't have to join, you don't have to agree. They believe that they represent a point of view, not everyone's point of view. If you feel that the DP way is the way ahead, carry on, no-one is stopping you.

Unlike you, I suspect that direct action may be the only way to make progress against the finacial putsch we suffered. I do agree though that unseating G&H is only half the job, and pointless unless there is a viable alternative.

Your snipe at "SOS Celebs" is interesting. In my book the fans ARE important, I dont want to know who our lawyers/ accountants/ bankers/ brokers are.
"I've never felt being in a minority of one was in any way an indication that I might be in error"

Offline Neil D

• The new Kop pin-up model. Met Momo in the ASDA.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #372 on: December 7, 2009, 04:27:35 pm »
In terms of the protest in the ground has it been suggested how long it should last for? 90 minutes of chanting is a difficult thing to achieve but concentrating on a ten minute protest from kick off could be really powerful.

Offline fry

• or stew
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hoe Hoe Hoe
« Reply #373 on: December 7, 2009, 04:35:08 pm »
Nobody mentioned pitch invasions arpart from you, stop lying.   
Disclaimer: The above post may not be based on facts even if stated as fact.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #374 on: December 7, 2009, 05:19:52 pm »
Settling this once and for all - a page by page search for the word "invasion" shows that in actual fact, raptor made mention of it on page one -

Too little too late imo. 90% of our bellend fans don't give a shit. Only thing that would have a significant impact is either a complete boycott of the match and empty seats or a mass pitch invasion (they can't ban everyone)

It was immediately dismissed in a decent manner by Something Else in the very next post -

Sadly Phil this wont happen and it seems those who have voting rights in SOS are not willing to do this. I believe even with all the work SOS try to put in, that until a stronger protest can be formed, nothing will happen.

My worry is, what position we have to be in for that to happen.

xerxes1 then brought it up, citing a specific example, on page 3.

The reason why I emphasise this is getting rid of G&H is only half the deal, an acceptable alternative is just as important.That is the point at which things can really be ratcheted up with pitch invasions forcing abandonment (Chester) a legitimate tool until regime change is achieved.

thedivineponytail made a vociferous rejection of the idea on page 5 -

Plus some are advocating some sort of pitch invasion well do that and then forget it it OK venting a protest outsside or from the stands but doing what happened at Chester city in suicide especially in a European game ludicrous .

A few hours later, a very clear and unequivocal rejection of the idea of a pitch invasion came from Graham Smith -

The Union have shied away from pickets, delayed entrance, leaving early, pitch invasions etc for obvious reasons. I can't see a time when we see the Union recommending action that puts public safety or even creates echoes of our darkest hours before our members.

Then, apart from xerxes1 clarifying that neither Hillsborough nor Heysel involved pitch invasions and stating his belief that they're still a possible form of protest, the only other people to mention the subject are fry and thedivineponytail.

SoS have made their stance on the idea clear.
xerxes1 has said the matter "SHOULD" be up for debate - do so in the correct thread then - the idea of a pitch invasion for the Fiorentina game is not on the table.
fry and divineponytail have had their little spat about the matter - it ends here.

Any further accusations/counter-accusations regarding lying about this or any other related matter, or any repetition of the point already made, will result in the posts being deleted and the user being banned for a while to cool down. This topic might also be locked. Behave.

Offline Neil D

• The new Kop pin-up model. Met Momo in the ASDA.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #375 on: December 7, 2009, 08:07:23 pm »
In terms of the protest in the ground has it been suggested how long it should last for? 90 minutes of chanting is a difficult thing to achieve but concentrating on a ten minute protest from kick off could be really powerful.

Back to the protest, any detailed plans yet other than get your banners and get ready to make a racket?

Offline Rome-77

• Head case, more like! Wtf is wrong with me?
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan

Offline GeeFJay

• aka 'Gazvinder Singh - Serial stalker.' Subject of a staffroom restraining order.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • insults.net
« Reply #377 on: December 8, 2009, 07:23:22 pm »
Back to the protest, any detailed plans yet other than get your banners and get ready to make a racket?

bar this should i know anything else? i'd normally read all the way through the thread but today of all days i'm very pushed for time and need to get alot done as well as the ironing :butt
http://www.quidco.com/user/745087/

www.misternobody.co.uk

http://www.spiritofshankly.com/join.html

banner stolen on pre-season tour 2009 'liverpool fc europes finest five star establishment'

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #378 on: December 8, 2009, 07:26:47 pm »
The only reason I locked this thread is to say that SoS has started a new one here

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=250868.0

Indicating a change of plan.

You are also encouraged to read "Thorny Friendship" and "Got Kop tickets for Fiorentina?" prior to posting in any open threads. Those two threads are locked pending updated information from SoS, LFC and/or mod team.

Cheers.