Author Topic: NBA Discussion  (Read 610016 times)

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
Re: NBA Discussion
« Reply #3480 on: September 19, 2017, 09:02:11 pm »
Vecsey: LeBron James 'Definitively' Leaving Cavaliers For Lakers In 2018

Mason Plumlee, Nuggets Agree Upon Three-Year, $41M Deal

Andrew Wiggins, Wolves Expected To Finalize $148M Extension Before Camp

Heat Sign Erik McCree

Ivan Rabb, Grizzlies Close To Three-Year Deal

Magic Promote Jay Hernandez, Matt Hill To Assistant Coach

Lakers Promote Jordan Wilkes, Josh Wright, Kristen Andrews, Adi Vase

Brandon Rush Agrees Upon Deal With Bucks

Jaylen Brown Seeking Active Role In Union

Scott Perry Feels Well-Prepared For Opportunity With Knicks

Danny Ainge: Celtics Didn't Plan On Making So Many Changes

Dirk Nowitzki Will Make Retirement Decision Based On Health

Anthony Randolph Interested In NBA Return If He Has Defined Role

Jason Terry Agrees To Re-Sign With Bucks On One-Year, $2.3M Deal

14 NBA Teams Lost Money During 16-17 Season

Dante Cunningham, Pelicans Agree Upon One-Year, $2.3M Deal

Bulls Hire Doug Collins As Senior Advisor Of Basketball Ops

Kevin Durant Apologizes For Twitter Comments About Thunder, Billy Donovan

Expansion, Relocation Discussed As Teams Take Financial Losses

Ten Teams Transferred $201M In Revenue Sharing To 15 Other Teams

Andrew Bogut Agrees Upon One-Year, $2.3M Deal With Lakers

Heat Exercise Fourth-Year Option On Justise Winslow

NBA To Use More Data-Driven, Analytical Structure Overseeing Referees

Offline MattyBoy21

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3481 on: September 20, 2017, 09:57:37 am »
That Durant Twitter thing was strange. Referring to himself in third person?

He obviously has a secret Twitter account he uses to defend himself and he forgot to switch accounts.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #3482 on: September 20, 2017, 10:07:46 am »
Erm...yeah. That was established right away.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline MattyBoy21

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3483 on: September 20, 2017, 10:31:08 am »
I see that now, I was a bit slow to it and only just saw his response this morning.

Offline Shaved Crossbar

• shits from the hip
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3484 on: September 20, 2017, 02:36:22 pm »
Poor guy. Imagine being one of the most physically gifted men in the world, with a ring, an MVP, a FMVP, a net worth of 200m that will treble by the time he retires, and still being so hilariously insecure.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3485 on: September 22, 2017, 10:37:13 am »
Wiggins Minnesota close to 5 years 148M deal.
I know new market, new CBA etc and there are many worse deals but i don't think Wiggins is worth the max.
He didn't improve himself dedensively, there is still many flaws in his game such as jump shots. If i was the GM, i would probably prefer to trade him. I don't think two egocentric wings Butler-Wiggins will work at all.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3486 on: September 23, 2017, 06:12:57 pm »
Woj saying melo to okc for kanter,McDermott and a pick finalised on monday

Offline Shaved Crossbar

• shits from the hip
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3487 on: September 23, 2017, 08:03:11 pm »
Woj saying melo to okc for kanter,McDermott and a pick finalised on monday

holy fuck lol

Presti has turned Sabonis, Oladipo's 4/84, Kanter's 2/40 and Doug McBuckets into PG for a year and Melo for 2. Unreal. Salary dumps to bring on two all stars.

Harsh as fuck on Kanter, he loves that organisation

Also LeBron, CP3, CJ and others are twitter beefing with Donald Trump

Offline Rick Sanchez

• Main Stander
« Reply #3488 on: September 23, 2017, 08:06:10 pm »
Sami Presti is a master at getting great trades

OKC v Warriors is going to be epic in the WCF.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3489 on: September 23, 2017, 08:22:06 pm »
Sami Presti is a master at getting great trades

OKC v Warriors is going to be epic in the WCF.

They're not going to the finals, they don't have enough depth to do so. As talented as those 3 are, they are not getting past Houston or the Spurs.

Offline Shaved Crossbar

• shits from the hip
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3490 on: September 23, 2017, 09:58:34 pm »
They're not going to the finals, they don't have enough depth to do so. As talented as those 3 are, they are not getting past Houston or the Spurs.
They only need a 7/8 man rotation in the playoffs

Westbrook
Roberson
George
Anthony
Adams
2Pat

is 6. If they can find another decent contributor, via trade or D-Wade's buyout or a young player developing, then they're good to compete. With Westbrook on the court last year against Houston, they were +15 for the series. Without him, they were -58. This year they'll have a top 12 and a top 30 player running the show instead of Kanter. It's definitely not gonna be -58 with Paul George and Melo.

Offline Romeo Sensini

• Legacy Fan
  • Can climb two flights of stairs
« Reply #3491 on: September 23, 2017, 10:17:34 pm »
Knicks paying Noah and Kanter roughly 36 million a year for at least the next two seasons. Yeesh.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3492 on: September 24, 2017, 03:59:21 pm »
I agree with defacto here, OKC is not gonna get the 2nd seed or reach the conference finals. People overreact a lot to trades, hell, with Amare and Melo Knicks were supposed to be a force in the East, we know how that turned out.

Unless there are major injuries to Spurs/Rockets, OKC is not gonna pass them imo. It's more likely that they are 5-6th seed than 2nd-3rd. This is not Melo of 2009, i think he is a good piece to add but not a superstar or even an All Star by any means.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3493 on: September 24, 2017, 04:03:25 pm »
Also, maybe some of you know about Enes Kanter being a student/follower of Fethullah Gulen who attempted military coup in Turkey. Turkish government has cancelled his passport and he'll be put in prison in Turkey if he ever visits. Having lived in NY and knowing NJ well, there are a lot of pro Erdogan people as well as Gulen movement followers in that area. I can sense there will be some incidents this year in MSG.

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3494 on: September 24, 2017, 04:05:10 pm »
I agree with defacto here, OKC is not gonna get the 2nd seed or reach the conference finals. People overreact a lot to trades, hell, with Amare and Melo Knicks were supposed to be a force in the East, we know how that turned out.

Unless there are major injuries to Spurs/Rockets, OKC is not gonna pass them imo. It's more likely that they are 5-6th seed than 2nd-3rd. This is not Melo of 2009, i think he is a good piece to add but not a superstar or even an All Star by any means.

And all 3 are ball dominant players, they're going to have to sacrifice a lot in order to work cohesively as a team and get rid some of their habbits. On paper and in video games it's great, but the Warriors aren't winning just because of individual talent alone, what they do defensively as a team is a huge part of that. Spurs are a definition of a team, regardless of who is playing.

OKC will be exciting to watch, but they don't have  all the tools [or the coach] to get to the finals in the west.

Offline CrasherKid79

• Crashedandburnedkid2017
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3495 on: September 24, 2017, 04:08:07 pm »
Forgive me as I don't follow as closely as I'd like, are the Bulls skint?

Why haven't they invested heavily?

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3496 on: September 24, 2017, 04:09:36 pm »

full tank/rebuild mode

Offline CrasherKid79

• Crashedandburnedkid2017
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3497 on: September 24, 2017, 04:11:38 pm »
full tank/rebuild mode

Cheers mate. Watched bits last season and it just seemed they got swept aside by the Cavs when it mattered easily.

Thought they'd have gone big to bridge the gap.

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #3498 on: September 24, 2017, 04:13:21 pm »

They have two dunces running things. Currently in a decent position to build with the draft and free agency next year but given said two dunces, they'll fuck it up.

Personally, they should have tanked last season, instead of adding Rondo and Wade.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3499 on: September 24, 2017, 04:39:04 pm »
They have two dunces running things. Currently in a decent position to build with the draft and free agency next year but given said two dunces, they'll fuck it up.

Personally, they should have tanked last season, instead of adding Rondo and Wade.

Agreed, they should've traded Butler last season for some picks and never add Wade+Rondo.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3500 on: September 24, 2017, 06:29:27 pm »
And all 3 are ball dominant players, they're going to have to sacrifice a lot in order to work cohesively as a team and get rid some of their habbits. On paper and in video games it's great, but the Warriors aren't winning just because of individual talent alone, what they do defensively as a team is a huge part of that. Spurs are a definition of a team, regardless of who is playing.

OKC will be exciting to watch, but they don't have  all the tools [or the coach] to get to the finals in the west.

True that. One of the most overlooked aspects of our team is great ball movement and team defense.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3501 on: September 24, 2017, 06:31:09 pm »
Andrew Wiggins Not Rushing To Sign Five-Year, $148M Extension With Wolves

Andrew Wiggins continues to wait to finalize a five-year, $148 million contract extension with the Minnesota Timberwolves.

"We've got until a day before the regular season," Wiggins said Friday. "So there's not really no rush or anything. I feel really good about it."

While some around the league have debated whether Wiggins is worth that level of investment, the Wolves have confidence in him.

"We all tend to measure him against a player who has been in the league seven or eight years and tend to forget the steps those players had to take to get where they are," Tom Thibodeau said. "He has to continue to work. Obviously, there is a lot of room for improvement. Same thing with Karl. The sky is the limit for them."

The process has been complicated by Wiggins' decision to part ways with Bill Duffy in August. Duffy is taking steps to ensure he receives a commission on the deal.

"Me and Bill, we were good. Nothing against him at all," Wiggins said. "It was more from a business point of view from my end. They did nothing but good by my side. I've got nothing but positive words for them. I'm just taking it day by day."

Wiggins is currently operating without an agent.

-------------------------------------------------------

I'd say sign it right away before the owner stops smoking crack.

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3502 on: September 24, 2017, 06:34:02 pm »
I'd say sign it right away before the owner stops smoking crack.

Definitely. Insanity personified.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3503 on: September 24, 2017, 06:54:00 pm »
Definitely. Insanity personified.

i don't know which one is crazier, Minnesota offering that amount or Wiggins looking for more.

Offline Rick Sanchez

• Main Stander
« Reply #3504 on: September 24, 2017, 07:39:09 pm »
Timberwolves shouldn't pay that to Wiggins, I doubt Wiggins and Butler will play well with one another this season.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3505 on: September 24, 2017, 11:24:06 pm »
Warriors decides not to visit White House after Trump tweets that Steph is not invited. Very good reaction from my team.

Offline Shaved Crossbar

• shits from the hip
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3506 on: September 25, 2017, 12:46:27 pm »
Nobody's suggesting that they could beat the Warriors, but if they merely take last season's model of Westbrook-everything and give him spot up shooters of the quality of PG and Melo, that's a massive upgrade on Oladipo, Grant and Roberson. Let alone the upgrade when Westbrook isn't on the court (which, as shown by the plus minus vs Houston, is where OKC really lost out last year). If they can get Melo going back to the basket and passing out of double teams to a driving Westbrook and PG + Roberson guarding the opposition's best player, they can definitely take Houston, nullify Kawhi, and give the Warriors a run for their money. I'm not a Melo fan or a Westbrook fan but there's only one team in the NBA with a better big three, because of Isaiah's uncertain status. Melo is definitely good enough to be the third piece on a title winning team.

Will they mesh, will Westbrook cede late game shots to Melo, will PG be willing to take on a team role in the prime of his career, will Melo be able to play defence, will Felton, Roberson and Patterson give quality contributions, who knows. But from my POV, if they merely do everything the same as last year and drastically underutilise both Melo and PG while Westbrook is on the court, they will still be more than competitive with Houston and SA.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 12:50:04 pm by Shaved Crossbar »

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3507 on: September 25, 2017, 01:08:28 pm »
Disagree entirely. But time will tell who is right

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #3508 on: September 25, 2017, 02:00:41 pm »
D-Wade getting a buyout from the Bulls.  Let's see where he ends up..

Will Westbrook cede late game shots to Melo,

I'm going to go with 'No' here.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Online Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3509 on: September 25, 2017, 06:50:00 pm »
I'm certainly worreid about the lack of bench depth but by adding Melo and PG, Presti has pulled a rabbit out of a hat again.

Can't wait to watch this team.
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3510 on: September 25, 2017, 09:31:32 pm »
Bulls agree buyout with Wade, which was totally expected but i wonder why they signed 2 years 27M deal with Mirotic.
They should have traded him for a pick.

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3511 on: September 25, 2017, 09:32:22 pm »
Bulls agree buyout with Wade, which was totally expected but i wonder why they signed 2 years 27M deal with Mirotic.
The Bulls are totally clueless.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3512 on: September 25, 2017, 09:45:44 pm »
D-Wade getting a buyout from the Bulls.  Let's see where he ends up..

I'm going to go with 'No' here.

Probably Cavs but he may want to be back in Miami to be with his sons, I won't be surprised if he joins the OKC.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3513 on: September 25, 2017, 10:35:46 pm »
mirotic was a free agent wasn’t he?

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3514 on: September 26, 2017, 11:05:04 am »
mirotic was a free agent wasn’t he?
Yes restricted. Maybe he will be used as the veteran piece then traded after All Star.
The thing is even coach Hoiberg doesn't like/use him much so it was surprising.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3515 on: September 29, 2017, 06:11:25 pm »
NBA Approves Draft Lottery Reform

The NBA Board of Governors have voted to pass draft lottery reform legislation.

The NBA draft lottery reform passed 28-1-1 vote, with the Oklahoma City Thunder voting against and Dallas Mavericks abstaining.

The three teams with the worst records will share a 14 percent chance of getting the No. 1 overall pick, a change from the descending percentages of 25, 19.9, and 15.6 in the current system.

There was some hesitancy on the plan from small market teams.

The changes will take effect for the 2019 lottery.

Offline Romeo Sensini

• Legacy Fan
  • Can climb two flights of stairs
« Reply #3516 on: September 29, 2017, 08:26:00 pm »
Looks like Russ extended with OKC. Good for him.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3517 on: September 29, 2017, 09:04:09 pm »
Looks like Russ extended with OKC. Good for him.

But ESPN told me everyone is signing with the Lakers ;)
I would love for PG to resign too. No Westbrook or PG in LA means no Lebron either.

Offline Rick Sanchez

• Main Stander
« Reply #3518 on: September 29, 2017, 09:06:30 pm »
But ESPN told me everyone is signing with the Lakers ;)
I would love for PG to resign too. No Westbrook or PG in LA means no Lebron either.
Yeah, can't see Lebron wasting the last few years of his prime playing with an inexperienced Lakers team.

Where does Lebron do then stay in Clevland, go to the Rockets or go to the Spurs

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3519 on: September 29, 2017, 09:09:33 pm »
Yeah, can't see Lebron wasting the last few years of his prime playing with an inexperienced Lakers team.

Where does Lebron do then stay in Clevland, go to the Rockets or go to the Spurs

join us Warriors for veteran's minimum and get a few more rings ;)