Author Topic: 'Arry Redknapp  (Read 15540 times)

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: 'Arry Redknapp
« Reply #120 on: April 18, 2017, 01:40:09 pm »
Whatever your feelings on Harry at a personal level its still a very shrewd and lucrative signing by Birmingham City IMO

They are one bad result away from hitting the relegation zone and who better (out of those who are available and would go there) to have them avoid the drop.

I want Brum to stay up just to piss off their noisy gob-shite neighbours

If Birmingham still get relegated I am deleting this post :)

Offline Farman

• Heading off for a fruit based orgy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #121 on: April 18, 2017, 01:53:01 pm »
jeopardise...I did not know that but even then I would have thought it's an uninformed comment from the sidelines rather than something that would have had any sort of impact on us.

And Phil...it's a fair point, to a point. He went to court and was found not guilty. I made the comment at the time, when people were up in arms at the verdict, that people should accept that outcome OR point to evidence that was not presented, or badly presented, or any other way that there might have been a miscarriage of justice. No-one came up with anything, it's just a hunch that he's a bit dodgy. I'm not sure how much of that is just down to the style he portrays in the media. Allardyce,though, was somewhat caught red-handed.
The eternal silence of these infinite spaces frightens me

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #122 on: April 18, 2017, 02:17:45 pm »
jeopardise...I did not know that but even then I would have thought it's an uninformed comment from the sidelines rather than something that would have had any sort of impact on us.

And Phil...it's a fair point, to a point. He went to court and was found not guilty. I made the comment at the time, when people were up in arms at the verdict, that people should accept that outcome OR point to evidence that was not presented, or badly presented, or any other way that there might have been a miscarriage of justice. No-one came up with anything, it's just a hunch that he's a bit dodgy. I'm not sure how much of that is just down to the style he portrays in the media. Allardyce,though, was somewhat caught red-handed.

I think he earned an incredible and just ridiculous amount of money for 'managing' Jordan for two games for their WC qualifiers. (They were twatted 5-1 by Australia)
The man is a multi-millionaire who doesn't give a sod who he sells his soul to as long as he benefits. That's my impression of him for what it's worth.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Farman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: April 18, 2017, 03:02:16 pm »
^I'd gladly take loads of money to manage Jordan for two games, and I wouldn't think of it as selling my soul, but of but of earning money to match the payer's perception of my abilities. Now, if there was something particularly unethical about managing Jordan, or if he was being paid illegally or whatever, then yes, I'd get it. But if not, then to be honest this is exactly the sort of thing I mean when I say I don't get the vitriol. Of course, everyone is entitled to their opinion, but with him, I struggle to understand why so many RAWKites have reached that conclusion.

Offline CallumLFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #124 on: April 18, 2017, 03:03:01 pm »
He's 70 years old. He really should call it a day.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: April 18, 2017, 03:30:00 pm »
^I'd gladly take loads of money to manage Jordan for two games, and I wouldn't think of it as selling my soul, but of but of earning money to match the payer's perception of my abilities. Now, if there was something particularly unethical about managing Jordan, or if he was being paid illegally or whatever, then yes, I'd get it. But if not, then to be honest this is exactly the sort of thing I mean when I say I don't get the vitriol. Of course, everyone is entitled to their opinion, but with him, I struggle to understand why so many RAWKites have reached that conclusion.

It's not vitriolic though. He has never helped himself. Like resigning from Pompey to take over at Southampton.

Are you an admirer of his? I'm not sure what his redeeming qualities are other than being a media whore which for some makes him a football 'character'.

It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #126 on: April 18, 2017, 03:42:55 pm »
Does get his teams to play good football though, as a manager he's way ahead of the likes of Pulis.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Farman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: April 18, 2017, 03:51:57 pm »
It's not vitriolic though. He has never helped himself. Like resigning from Pompey to take over at Southampton.

Are you an admirer of his? I'm not sure what his redeeming qualities are other than being a media whore which for some makes him a football 'character'.

Maybe not vitriolic from you, but I remember the other thread and there were people on there who seemed genuinely upset that he was found not guilty.

I don't admire him as such, no. He's an OK manager who has managed clubs at more or less his own level, with some success and with some failure. I've enjoyed his clear admiration for LFC, and disliked some things he's done (the Pompey-Southampton thing you mention is a good example). Basically he's just another person in football as far as I'm concerned. Being a partisan fan there are plenty of people I get worked up about for different reasons, I just see no reason why he should really be one of them, and I always wondered why he was, for quite a few on here.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #128 on: April 18, 2017, 03:58:07 pm »
He's 70 years old. He really should call it a day.

70s the new 69

Offline capt k

• aaaaaaaavemaaaaaaaaan!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • id rather be fishing
« Reply #129 on: April 18, 2017, 05:37:54 pm »
liked Said & Done's take on this in the Observer yesterday:

Journalists: idiots

Harry Redknapp says Spurs fans should relax about "absolute nonsense" reports he could quit: "I'm definitely not leaving. It's absolute rubbish. There's not a chance: I love it here."

• 2004: Harry attacks "rubbish" reports that he could join Southampton from Portsmouth: "I will not go down the road – no chance."

• 2005: Attacks reports he'll quit Southampton to go back to Portsmouth: "I have no idea where this has come from. It is absolute nonsense – just a stupid rumour."

• Aug 2008: Attacks reports he'll quit Portsmouth for Spurs: "It's absolute rubbish. Portsmouth is my club – I feel an immense sense of loyalty. To leave would be a betrayal. This is my last job in football."

at least he is honest. ::)
JFT 96

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #130 on: April 18, 2017, 07:16:27 pm »
Don't like him as a person.

Think he will keep them up as they only need one win.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: April 19, 2017, 05:39:40 pm »
The media love him for his soundbites alone, so he gets a free pass for him consistent dodgy behaviour.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: April 29, 2017, 05:28:35 pm »
Amazed there isn't any mention yet of Brave British Bulldog 'arry besting that shifty Kraut so and so today.

Offline MrGrumpy

• Miserable old man. Does things with Nutella while trying not to think about football.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: September 16, 2017, 07:01:16 pm »
Arry has parted company with Birmingham city after a run of six defeats. How long before his media friends big him up for another Premier League job.
Justice for the 96!

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #134 on: September 16, 2017, 07:20:02 pm »
Arry has parted company with Birmingham city after a run of six defeats. How long before his media friends big him up for another Premier League job.

a week too late otherwise he could of landed himself the palace job!

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: September 16, 2017, 07:59:36 pm »
little too late but glad he has been finally found how fraud of a manager he is. i thik that's it for him, no other club will knock his door

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: September 16, 2017, 09:41:57 pm »
Another utter fraud exposed

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #137 on: September 16, 2017, 11:56:40 pm »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41296238

....Birmingham signed 14 players during the summer transfer window...

I can't help but speculate if when these players are finally re-sold, if an account in Monaco under the name of "Rosie 47" or something similar receives a bank transfer....

Some things probably never change.

I expect George Graham regrets not having had imagination and creativity.
I don't do polite so fuck yoursalf with your stupid accusations...

Right you fuckwit I will show you why you are talking out of your fat arse...

Mutton Geoff (Obviously a real nice guy)

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #138 on: September 17, 2017, 09:28:51 am »
seems a bit premature but was a bit of a dopey decision to appoint him in the first place..should have just shook his hand and said ta ra after he kept them up....fact is, just like Hodgson, Redknapp's a man out of time..just looking for something to keep himself occupied in what should be his retirement years..a bit like my next door neighbour mowing his lawn at 8.00am on a Satdee morning.....it's the myopic board at BCFC who are really at fault not Redknapp...unlike my neighbour...the noisy arle c*nt...
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline RJ320

• Kopite
  • 17-01-42
« Reply #139 on: September 17, 2017, 09:30:32 am »
Hope this is it for droopy. Off you go, into the sunset. Oh and take a certain owl with you.

Offline DJBrenton

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: September 17, 2017, 09:49:35 am »
I had dinner with Harry on Thursday at an event and when he did his spot, he was talking about how easily managers lose jobs after a few losses these days. He then said 'We haven't had the best start to the season. I'd better hope we win on Saturday' and we all laughed.
I have no children on RAWK. Anyone claiming to be my daughter is a blagger trying to bask in reflected glory.

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #141 on: September 17, 2017, 10:03:59 am »
See the c*nt moaning about not having time...yada yada yada...then says he'd have had them challenging for promotion, given the chance.

Doesn't mention if he meant League One.
AHA!

Offline SandyShore

• "Hodgson did a very good job". someone with low shitty standards who is probably racist
  • Kopite
  • Boooooooooooooooooooom!!
« Reply #142 on: September 17, 2017, 10:04:16 am »
Calling him a fraud is harsh.  I don't think he was as bad as the usual LMA English group of managers,  he won the F. A Cup with Portsmouth and made Spurs who were struggling at the time  into a top 4 side,  also went pretty deep in the Champions League.

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #143 on: September 17, 2017, 10:38:47 am »
See the c*nt moaning about not having time...yada yada yada...then says he'd have had them challenging for promotion, given the chance.

Doesn't mention if he meant League One.
I'm starting to believe that in managers like him and the Owl, utter delusion is their biggest 'attribute'.

Offline MrGrumpy

• Miserable old man. Does things with Nutella while trying not to think about football.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: September 17, 2017, 12:04:23 pm »
Arry and Owl Face have had their day. It is time for a new generation of underwhelming and overhyped British Managers to have their time in the sun. I for one am surprised that Tim Sherwood and Alan Pardew are not being linked with some of the big clubs out there. 😃

Justice for the 96!

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: September 17, 2017, 03:09:35 pm »
Calling him a fraud is harsh. 

The latest from this parody account.

He was bigging up Dyche in the pre match thread then deleted that and posted a quote showing him up. Fucking bizarre like re-registering here everytime he gets banned.