Author Topic: What games are you playing at the moment?  (Read 208751 times)

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
Re: What games are you playing at the moment?
« Reply #120 on: December 31, 2017, 12:53:06 pm »
Mostly playing Battlefield One - such a wonderful game with so many modes, maps and options
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #121 on: December 31, 2017, 07:23:04 pm »
Mostly playing Battlefield One - such a wonderful game with so many modes, maps and options
Real dearth of weapons though, weapon skins don't quite fill the void.

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #122 on: January 1, 2018, 09:17:54 pm »
Overwatch, but I'm so shite at it.

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #123 on: January 1, 2018, 09:24:10 pm »
Anyone play Nioh and has a high lvl character? I just got it on the sale thing and wouldn't mind a friend to kick ass with!

Offline Mr Mingebag Squid

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #124 on: January 11, 2018, 09:18:15 am »
Rotating at the moment between Football Manager 2018 & Battlefront 2
My Sporting Dream Team:-
LFC - Worcester Warriors - Warrington Wolves - New England Patriots - Jenson Button
My Twatter : @MrHappySquid

Offline Ed-Zeppelin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: January 11, 2018, 11:48:57 am »
I’ve just finished ‘What became of Edith Finch’, which was a great story and cleverly told. It takes 2-3 hours to go through and isn’t scary or jumpy, but it’s world is a little odd.

Currently have these on the go:

Inside - nearly finished I think and have enjoyed it a lot. It’s quite relaxing to play in some ways as the controls are simple but it’s also edgy and prone to kill you at a moments notice. Beautiful design to it.

Lego Star Wars - The Force Awakens - Does what it says on the tin. Enjoying it so far and the flying bits are actually surprisingly fun.

F12017 - Really good, but the car development in career requires a lot of time investment to fully benefit from it.

Have just downloaded Superhot, Nex Machina and HZD so those are next on my list.

My aim this year is to focus on story / indie games and work through them and complete them after spending most of 2017 in racing games and FIFA!
"We come here for the winning!"

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #126 on: January 11, 2018, 12:13:07 pm »
I’ve just finished ‘What became of Edith Finch’, which was a great story and cleverly told. It takes 2-3 hours to go through and isn’t scary or jumpy, but it’s world is a little odd.

Played this the other day. It's brilliant.

It's what remains btw not became

« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 01:07:30 pm by Yulelogs Upinsmoke »

Offline Ed-Zeppelin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: January 11, 2018, 02:56:30 pm »
Played this the other day. It's brilliant.

It's what remains btw not became

Of course it's remains, I’ll blame typing on my phone for the error....

I had read good things about it but wasn’t 100% sure, and was very pleasantly surprised by it. As a sale purchase via the PS store for about Ł5-10 it was good value.

Offline has gone odd

• a tru-ro...I mean....red!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: January 12, 2018, 12:05:50 pm »
PC GTA V online with friends.

Actually I don't really like it much, it takes about half an hour to load, then you have to 'trick the servers' by removing your network cable so you get an empty server to play on. If not its the usual online cesspit of hackers and quilts. When you do finally get all logged in you faff about for another hour setting up and completing a mission to receive next to no money. Heists are fun the first time around but when you do them over and over they start to bore. Bunkers and businesses don't add much either. Vice City was fun, cant understand why this isn't, it looks amazing though.

Wish Cyberpunk 2077 would hurry up already!

- all in my opinion of course -

Offline Danny Boys Dad

• Errol Flynn when he's had a few
  • Legacy Fan
  • Now listen here son
« Reply #129 on: January 12, 2018, 12:34:58 pm »
Not played anything much since finishing Mafia 3, just nothing around that I like the look of. Thought of getting COD WW2 but still not sure.

Probably just wait for RDR2 and Far Cry 5
Legacy fan

Online S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #130 on: January 12, 2018, 02:19:54 pm »
Not played anything much since finishing Mafia 3, just nothing around that I like the look of. Thought of getting COD WW2 but still not sure.

Probably just wait for RDR2 and Far Cry 5
How did you find that?

Offline Upinsmoke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: January 12, 2018, 05:38:51 pm »
Juggling so many games at the moment. Been playing a bit of FM2018, Zelda, SM Oddesey, Cities Skylines and COD WW2. All good games from the little I've played of them.

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: January 12, 2018, 08:59:19 pm »
Juggling so many games at the moment. Been playing a bit of FM2018, Zelda, SM Oddesey, Cities Skylines and COD WW2. All good games from the little I've played of them.

I find myself getting overwhelmed when I'm juggling a lot of games at the same time. Usually puts me off for a bit for some reason.  :o

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Seńor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #133 on: January 13, 2018, 09:02:10 am »
Halfway through E4 of Telltale's Batman

Surprisingly good so far, expected the worst given their recent track record. Guess Batman gives you a very solid foundation, but they've got Bruce Wayne, the Batsuit, the tech, Catwoman, and the artstyle all spot on. Fair few shots that really do look like a motion comic book, its beautiful at times despite the framedrops and animation glitches you expect from them.

Not a fan of their version of
Spoiler
The Joker so far, was hoping he wouldn't be in it at all to be honest
[close]

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: January 13, 2018, 09:15:49 am »
Dipped back into Breath Of The Wild. Forgotten how to do everything. I'll learn again though ;D
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline Upinsmoke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: January 13, 2018, 10:54:36 am »
I find myself getting overwhelmed when I'm juggling a lot of games at the same time. Usually puts me off for a bit for some reason.  :o

I know what you mean. It's just that time of year though.

Offline blacksun

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: January 13, 2018, 06:07:01 pm »
Currently playing AC:Origins, Fortnite and have Destiny 2 in the background as always.

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: January 14, 2018, 09:47:35 am »
Slightly addicted to Overwatch at the min.

Offline L8Craig

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: January 14, 2018, 10:23:57 am »
Bought a PS4 PRO last week which came with COD WW2, FIFA 18 and GTA 5.
I'm more of a Call of Duty person than FIFA so have only played COD WW2 so far.

If I get bored of that I'll probably end up selling the whole PS4  :o ;D

Impressed by WW2 though as the games that game after Modern Warfare 2 were dogshite compared to the ones that came before it.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: January 15, 2018, 09:21:47 am »

Currently have these on the go:

Inside - nearly finished I think and have enjoyed it a lot. It’s quite relaxing to play in some ways as the controls are simple but it’s also edgy and prone to kill you at a moments notice. Beautiful design to it.
Edith Finch is utterly superb, each one of the stories is extremely well written and unique, what an amazing house too, if you liked Edith Finch then you should try Gone Home. 

Been meaning to get Inside, heard nothing but great things about it.

Offline boots

• upon a hippo only look good if they match the tutu - fact! Oor Wullie, Your Wullie, A'Buddy's Wullie.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimistic
« Reply #140 on: January 15, 2018, 11:52:40 am »
BF1 and I have a love hate on/off relationship with Elite Dangerous. CoD WW2 is utter garbage.

BF1 is good fun on the new DLC, plus Ive started using scout class and Im surprised how good at it I am. Normally support and LMG's.
Typing with my finger on my computer. Other appendages are available.

Offline Danny Boys Dad

• Errol Flynn when he's had a few
  • Legacy Fan
  • Now listen here son
« Reply #141 on: January 15, 2018, 12:15:31 pm »
How did you find that?

I really liked it but I know it got some mixed reviews. A lot of the missions are a bit samey and with no fast travel you spend a lot of time driving around but it had a good feel to it and it takes a long time to work through everything so you get your money's worth.
Legacy fan

Offline Upinsmoke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: January 15, 2018, 12:20:33 pm »
If you like What remains of Edith finch and those types of games then you gotta play Firewatch and Life is Strange if you haven't yet.

Offline Ed-Zeppelin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: January 15, 2018, 12:50:04 pm »
If you like What remains of Edith finch and those types of games then you gotta play Firewatch and Life is Strange if you haven't yet.

Have played Life is Strange and enjoyed that. I’ve also played and really liked Gone Home.

I bought Firewatch a while back but got distracted and haven’t got round to playing it yet. Will bump that up my list and try it out this week!

Online Wool

• eBack
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: January 15, 2018, 06:36:35 pm »
Dragon Ball FighterZ open beta. It’s fun.

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: January 15, 2018, 06:41:10 pm »
Wolfenstein II is fun as fuck, highly recommend it for FPS fans who like a good story.

And still hammering Zelda, game is huge and there’s so much stuff to do.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: January 16, 2018, 12:18:59 pm »
Fortnite. Such fun for a free game., even though I'm terrible at it!

Offline Stand Free

• Anny Roader
  • You'll Never Walk Alone
« Reply #147 on: January 16, 2018, 04:41:06 pm »
Watchdogs 2 at the moment, alright but I preferred the first one, just feels like theres a few things missing.
Onto Horizon Zero Dawn after, looking forward to that.

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #148 on: February 12, 2018, 10:09:53 pm »
Anyone getting Kingdom Come: Deliverance? I have watched some gameplay and it looks interesting but also rather slow paced.not sure I can play an RPG like that at the moment...

Offline Fairytale of 2005

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: February 12, 2018, 10:38:02 pm »
Mostly Elite Dangerous, but I can only play it in bursts. Played it off and on for over two years. I break it up with Cities Skylines. I recently purchased Aven Colony and Steep, but haven't tried them yet.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: February 12, 2018, 10:40:36 pm »
The Witcher 3 & Fallout 4 (put it on hold for W3).My gaming rig went to shit so I got an xbox to tide me over,safe to say I will be putting together another gaming rig asap as the loading times are stupid slow compared to a PC.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2018, 10:42:47 pm by WhereAngelsPlay »
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Szemerényi

• Anny Roader
  • We all ride the red and white gallop
« Reply #151 on: February 12, 2018, 11:43:59 pm »
I'm stuck in Day of The Tentacle  ::) I have 3 characters active: That psychotic girl, the nerd with the turkey neck and that fat kid in prehistory, and i have no clue how to proceed.

Offline ScottScott

• Thugby...It's just not rugger old chap!!!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: February 13, 2018, 09:21:36 am »
Wolfenstein 2, Mafia 3 and Rocket League at the minute. Wolfenstein is fantastic but it was always going to be. Mafia 3 is very good at times but can get a bit samey but to be fair I haven't been bored yet. Rocket League is just fantastic, once you get used to it all it becomes so much fun to play. Personal best 4 goals in a 4-3 win last night, would have been 5 but one of the opposition pulled off a save I don't think I'll ever see again!

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #153 on: February 13, 2018, 09:59:02 am »
Dark Souls 2.

Completed the first one last year.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #154 on: February 13, 2018, 10:56:58 am »
Anyone getting Kingdom Come: Deliverance? I have watched some gameplay and it looks interesting but also rather slow paced.not sure I can play an RPG like that at the moment...

started it this morning, really like it so far even though it is fairly slow paced, combat is interesting and will definitely take some getting used to as it's not hack & slash, a controller helps on pc as well as it feels awkward to me trying to move and block with the keyboard while pushing the mouse in the direction you want to hit/block

was slightly worried after watching some videos from the beta that the combat ai might not be up to much, mainly archers which kind of had a robotic loop of aiming and firing even while someone was hacking at them with a sword plus looking in the opposite direction to which they fired, not got far enough in yet to see if it's still there but the unarmed & sword combat i've done has been better than it looked in videos

not many complaints so far, looks great and runs better than i was expecting it to, everything is fully voiced, some of it good other bits not so good, bit disappointed it's set in bohemia but nearly everyone i've spoken to so far has a bad wool accent ;D

just need to find time to sink into it as ark is taking up most of my spare time

Offline dalarr

• hästarr. Call me sensitive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #155 on: February 13, 2018, 11:46:28 am »
I'm stuck in Day of The Tentacle  ::) I have 3 characters active: That psychotic girl, the nerd with the turkey neck and that fat kid in prehistory, and i have no clue how to proceed.
Nice one, mate. Proper old school gaming!

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #156 on: February 13, 2018, 12:41:16 pm »
BF1 and I have a love hate on/off relationship with Elite Dangerous. CoD WW2 is utter garbage.

BF1 is good fun on the new DLC, plus Ive started using scout class and Im surprised how good at it I am. Normally support and LMG's.

Yeah, still killing BF1. Maxed out all the infantry classes. Perino with 31 stars, but has given way to the new British LMG (250 rounds and incredibly stable, total killing machine at medium distance), when I feel like a change I go for scout and the SMLE Carbine & Russian Knife combo. Lay a couple of traps and run around like a ghost. I once got 21 melee kills in a round of frontlines.
I like the new north sea maps, but not very friendly for me/infantry as I mostly play Operations.

For a change of pace I play Neverwinter MMORPG. Very much rinse and repeat, but it`s kinda fun building your character up bit by bit. Also the storyline re-introduces characters from old games like Baldurs Gate and Neverwinter Nights.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline Disregarder

• Andshe'llripyerknackersoff
  • Anny Roader
  • TV's own
« Reply #157 on: February 13, 2018, 02:01:51 pm »

Didn't have the nous or patience to figure out all of the puzzles so used on online guide. No way I would have figured some of them out!
My 8k rig goes boom
PSN: OireCocobean

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #158 on: February 14, 2018, 02:39:05 pm »
I really want to play Dishonored in VR....Blink would be great

At the moment I'm addicted to Elite Dangerous, Wolfenstein 2 and AC Origins :)

Offline Szemerényi

• Anny Roader
  • We all ride the red and white gallop
« Reply #159 on: February 15, 2018, 07:48:08 pm »
Nice one, mate. Proper old school gaming!

Finished Thimbleweed Park last month, and since then i have been playing through all the point and click adventures i missed as a kid. Have you played Thimbleweed Park? It's a straight masterpiece.