Author Topic: Injury (and absence) related chat (so the news is kept in the other thread)  (Read 555343 times)

Offline Rob Dylan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
We might already have one or two.

But we need ones who are fit.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
It's a blow, but in the next 18 days we have just Fulham and Palace. There won't be a stretch of the season with so few games, so I expect Ibou to be back for the United game on the Monday.

Rumours (yes i know) say 4-6 weeks for Konate.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
All the injury prevention work not really paying off so far. A more condensed pre-season won't have helped.

Need to get a grip on it by September when the games come thick and fast.

Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
All the injury prevention work not really paying off so far. A more condensed pre-season won't have helped.

Need to get a grip on it by September when the games come thick and fast.

Because we have two injuries since the end of last season ? Jota got injured at the end of the last one and Ramsey had an issue picked up in the medical.  It's only Jones and Konate that have picked up injuries since last season ended isn't it ?

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
Because we have two injuries since the end of last season ? Jota got injured at the end of the last one and Ramsey had an issue picked up in the medical.  It's only Jones and Konate that have picked up injuries since last season ended isn't it ?

Ox is out long term, Tsimikas and Ramsey have missed much of pre-season with injuries, Konate, Jones and Jota out for a bit, Kelleher and Alisson haven't played a minute of pre season. A mix in terms of when and where they got injured.

We should hopefully have our strongest side out on Saturday, more or less, so it's not a big issue yet, but it's a lot of injuries picked up already.

It's basically why we had such a weak side out against Strasbourg because so many of the non-City XI were out injured.
« Last Edit: August 4, 2022, 09:58:03 pm by Fromola »
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline HardworkDedication

• Hardwork and Dedication linked to many stories - Mingebag. Has no opinion of his own. Human news ticker tape.
  • Legacy Fan
Klopp has just said Konate is out for a while :(

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
Keita expected to train today according to James Pearce's twitter. Also saying Alisson should start tomorrow.

Klopp has just said Konate is out for a while :(

Shite that. Wonder if it means we'll hold off on any movement for Phillips/Van Den Berg just yet.
« Last Edit: August 5, 2022, 11:15:01 am by disgraced cake »
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Dree

• Legacy Fan
Don’t think we’re seeing Konate this side of the WC. Big chance for Gomez.

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces

No definitive timeline on Konate has me a bit worried, but judging by Klopps' comments it's going to be longer than a few weeks, isn't it. As you say it'll be a good chance for Gomez to get minutes at centre half. You'd give anything for him to be able to stay fit and put a really good run together. As stated above I think it'll mean we'll hold off on moving Phillips or Sepp anywhere just now, there's still 4 weeks left in the window so we might want to see where we're at in a few weeks.

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline HardworkDedication

• Hardwork and Dedication linked to many stories - Mingebag. Has no opinion of his own. Human news ticker tape.
  • Legacy Fan
Keita expected to train today according to James Pearce's twitter. Also saying Alisson should start tomorrow.

Shite that. Wonder if it means we'll hold off on any movement for Phillips/Van Den Berg just yet.

Konate's injury must be quite serious because Klopp has just said it will influence his decision on whether Philips leaves.

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan

Hard to say really Klopp doesnt give much away and a while could be a 4-6 week injury.

Konate didnt seem to suggest it was a lomg term one I guess we'll know more soon as it stands we only know its a knee? Inury

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
Injuries already feel relentless and the season hasn't even started! Seemed to have a decent run second half of the season but back to normal now.

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
  • Who ate all the bloody Pringles?
Injuries already feel relentless and the season hasn't even started! Seemed to have a decent run second half of the season but back to normal now.
Except for Fab, Virgil and Thiago getting injured just before the Final ;)
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
At his press conference to preview Saturday’s opening league match against Fulham, the manager was asked if Konate’s absence will affect any potential move away from the club for fellow centre-back Phillips.

“Yeah, probably,” replied Klopp. “It will influence the transfers – outgoing transfers – I would say.”

Offline Dree

• Legacy Fan
Hard to say really Klopp doesnt give much away and a while could be a 4-6 week injury.

Konate didnt seem to suggest it was a lomg term one I guess we'll know more soon as it stands we only know its a knee? Inury

Yeah in the same interview he said we don’t buy players for four weeks, I suppose by the same reasoning he wouldn’t keep Nat here for only four weeks of Konate being injured.

Online Oskar

• Legacy Fan
Van den Berg hasn't gone out on loan yet either, so we could keep him around if another club does end up making us a decent offer for Nat Phillips.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
Recap:

- Jota "a few more weeks"
- Tsimikas back on pitch, could train fully next week
- Konate "we have to see how long it will take, out for a while"
- Jones\Ox "out"
- Keita back today
- Kelleher " few weeks away"
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
Yeah in the same interview he said we don’t buy players for four weeks, I suppose by the same reasoning he wouldn’t keep Nat here for only four weeks of Konate being injured.

With Klopp saying Nat will "probably" stay it leads me to think he could be back in a month.

I guess it gives us time to see how far he is away in a months time.

No chance we move both CBs on after what happened 2 years ago id guess we keep both till Jan unless a daft offer comes in for Nat.

Either way its not good news that he is out.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen

On what basis?
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
On what basis?

Just that Gomez is really good.
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
I think he meant more on what basis is it unlikely we see Ibou this side of the World Cup
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Egyptian36

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Cant help but feel its long term injury after reading klopp and Konate comments. Hopefully it's not.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
4-6 weeks isn't long term.  Ibu himself said he'll be back soon.

Offline Dree

• Legacy Fan
On what basis?

Don’t think we’d keep Nat Phillips for a 4 week injury (especially as 3 weeks of that would be transfer window). If it’s a couple of months then he’d take a while to get fit.

Offline naka

• Lennart Skoglund Ultra
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Cant help but feel its long term injury after reading klopp and Konate comments. Hopefully it's not.
definitely thinkiing this.
we dont keep nat if its just til end of August

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
definitely thinkiing this.
we dont keep nat if its just til end of August

6 week injury is mid Sept so likely looking at late Sept

I'd say with the injury records of Matip (granted fine last season) and Gomez we will not take any risks.

Unless Nat pushes for a move I think we defo keep him until late in window at the least.

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
Add Thiago to the list now.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
At least it didn’t take long for club’s obviously misguided plan of not buying a midfielder to backfire.

Online tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
Who could have predicted that one of our brittle first-choice midfielders would pick up an injury?  Shocking development, came out of nowhere.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Rob Dylan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Thiago injured, but of course we didn't need to buy a midfielder. Why do we still have this attitude of making do with what we have, instead of just buying what we need? It was fine in 2016-18 when we were still on our way up, but now we can't afford to just wait around while the 'perfect' midfielder becomes available.

Online peachybum

• orangeyface
  • Legacy Fan
Does the club really believe that all of a sudden Ox, Keita and Thiago and going to mutate genetically and become physically capable of handling the punishment of regular games and training. Hendo and Milner aren't exactly robust either.
I wanna be like Jurgen Klopp

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Quad injuries suck - probably won't see Thiago for 3-4 weeks - of course let's see what the scan says.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
Well shocked I must say, Keita, Ox, Thiago all out. Shocked. Surprised. Flabbergasted even.

Offline AnthonyStabile

• Frankie Carbone... Freddy No Nose... "Naby Keita is a shithouse, pass it on."
  • Main Stander
How did Jones get injured he only came on in injury time vs City!

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Klopp says Thiago looks like a bad hamstring

Online Redman78

• Legacy Fan
Does the club really believe that all of a sudden Ox, Keita and Thiago and going to mutate genetically and become physically capable of handling the punishment of regular games and training. Hendo and Milner aren't exactly robust either.

Fabinho will pick up his fair share also.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan

Was fun while it lasted, all 60 minutes of it.

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces

Such a disappointing opening day.

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
Midfield options are becoming light again but not something you could predict with so many injury prone players.

Offline Zizou

• zo zon't ze zo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Cool as
Thiago injury is more fucking annoying than the draw.