Author Topic: FAN CARDS discontinued  (Read 15497 times)

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Re: FAN CARDS discontinued
« Reply #120 on: July 12, 2019, 12:55:14 pm »

He means that, what if we don't get a League Cup away tie for another four years. When it comes around, can he just update his fancard to a membership at that point, or will all his history be lost if he doesn't do it this season?

Ah ok, thanks Stoz. Yeah there is a little bit of confusion about that. Maybe something to get in touch with SOS about for clarity?

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #121 on: July 12, 2019, 01:04:08 pm »
I see what you mean now mate. If I was in that situation, I'd just be getting the membership, as I'd hate to risk losing a history of credits. But I fully agree, there's needs to be clarity.

He means that, what if we don't get a League Cup away tie for another four years. When it comes around, can he just update his fancard to a membership at that point, or will all his history be lost if he doesn't do it this season?

Your history is never lost.

If he gets a membership in four years time his history will move across. His membership number will be the same as his fancard number.

Offline Barry Banana

• because johnster was a rubbish username?...
  • Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #122 on: July 12, 2019, 03:34:45 pm »
Your history is never lost.

If he gets a membership in four years time his history will move across. His membership number will be the same as his fancard number.

Forgive me for wanting clarity from the club (who have put out no comms on this) rather than trusting guesses on an internet forum.
Long live the King

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: July 12, 2019, 03:46:26 pm »
Forgive me for wanting clarity from the club (who have put out no comms on this) rather than trusting guesses on an internet forum.

Sorry, but I am not guessing, I am stating facts. I have done everything I mentioned myself.

But you're right, the club's silence is ridiculous.

Offline Barry Banana

• Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #124 on: July 12, 2019, 04:03:03 pm »
Sorry, but I am not guessing, I am stating facts. I have done everything I mentioned myself.

You say you are stating facts. But there are some things it is simply not possible for you to know.

For example, I got a season ticket about 10 years ago from a name change (it was allowed at the time). They wouldn't let me transfer my away credits to my season ticket and told me I would have to keep using my fancard for away credits. The terms and conditions seem to forbid buying tickets on a membership if you are a season ticket holder. So, despite you stating a fact that if I purchase a membership my history will move across, I might not be allowed to purchase tickets anyway because of relatively unique circumstances.

Also, "Your history is never lost". Hmmmnnn. Well I reckon that might create a tension with GDPR legislation and the clubs privacy policy of only storing personal data for as long as necessary. If someone hasn't bought a ticket on a fancard for an extended period, there might be a legal obligation to delete their data.

The message that the club is discontinuing fancards could mean a whole host of things for different people with different circumstances. We need clear communication from the club, rather than guesses.
Long live the King

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: July 12, 2019, 04:28:42 pm »
You say you are stating facts. But there are some things it is simply not possible for you to know.

For example, I got a season ticket about 10 years ago from a name change (it was allowed at the time). They wouldn't let me transfer my away credits to my season ticket and told me I would have to keep using my fancard for away credits. The terms and conditions seem to forbid buying tickets on a membership if you are a season ticket holder. So, despite you stating a fact that if I purchase a membership my history will move across, I might not be allowed to purchase tickets anyway because of relatively unique circumstances.

Also, "Your history is never lost". Hmmmnnn. Well I reckon that might create a tension with GDPR legislation and the clubs privacy policy of only storing personal data for as long as necessary. If someone hasn't bought a ticket on a fancard for an extended period, there might be a legal obligation to delete their data.

The message that the club is discontinuing fancards could mean a whole host of things for different people with different circumstances. We need clear communication from the club, rather than guesses.

If I look at my purchase history now, I can see everything I have ever bought from the club ticket wise, going back to 2004. Obviously membership's didn't exist back then, yet it's all still there.

So, my history has never disappeared despite upgrading from a fancard to a membership. and my fancard number became my membership number.

That's what happened to me, so I'm either special, or, like you said I'm 'just guessing'

Offline Barry Banana

• Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #126 on: July 12, 2019, 04:32:29 pm »
If I look at my purchase history now, I can see everything I have ever bought from the club ticket wise, going back to 2004. Obviously membership's didn't exist back then, yet it's all still there.

So, my history has never disappeared despite upgrading from a fancard to a membership. and my fancard number became my membership number.

That's what happened to me, so I'm either special, or, like you said I'm 'just guessing'

That’s now. Not post fan cards being discontinued (which isn’t yet as you can still buy Super Cup tickets with a fan card). You know the present not the future.
Long live the King

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: July 12, 2019, 04:41:50 pm »
That’s now. Not post fan cards being discontinued (which isn’t yet as you can still buy Super Cup tickets with a fan card). You know the present not the future.

OK mate, well maybe if enough people don't upgrade to the membership, maybe the away ladder will open up a bit, haha

Offline weebroalan

• Liable to be bamboozled at traffic lights. Beware! Prefers creme eggs to whoppers. Mr irresponsible-in detention for getting on a train
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: July 12, 2019, 04:42:21 pm »
When PTS was discountinued our purchase histories still remained.

The way the online system works is you are given a unique indentifier with 8 numbers which is your own unique personal number against which all your purchase history is recorded, regardless of the type of account you have at that time e.g. my membership purchase history wasn't wiped when I lapsed my membership. The whole history remains there even to the present day.

The only difference between fancards/PTS/memberships is that the account gets updated with those specific aspects of the ticketing process, effectively to a different 'account level' or 'ticket access' level.

The purchase history is independent of the account level.

Hope that clears it up :)

Offline Barry Banana

• Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #129 on: July 12, 2019, 04:56:30 pm »

The way the online system works is you are given a unique indentifier with 8 numbers which is your own unique personal number against which all your purchase history is recorded, regardless of the type of account you have at that time e.g. my membership purchase history wasn't wiped when I lapsed my membership. The whole history remains there even to the present day.

The only difference between fancards/PTS/memberships is that the account gets updated with those specific aspects of the ticketing process, effectively to a different 'account level' or 'ticket access' level.

That’s now. You’re assuming that if they discontinue fancards, the fancard history will remain as opposed to the discontinued fancard being deleted. I expect your assumption is right by the way. But with no comms from the club, ‘discontinuing fancards’ could mean a whole host of things.

I don’t want to pay for a membership until I need to (for example if we get a league cup away draw). But I don’t want that time to come and they say you can’t upgrade to a membership because that fancard has been discontinued.
Long live the King

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #130 on: July 12, 2019, 05:23:44 pm »

Spot on, and basically what I was trying to say earlier.

Offline weebroalan

• Liable to be bamboozled at traffic lights. Beware! Prefers creme eggs to whoppers. Mr irresponsible-in detention for getting on a train
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: July 12, 2019, 08:22:50 pm »
That’s now. You’re assuming that if they discontinue fancards, the fancard history will remain as opposed to the discontinued fancard being deleted. I expect your assumption is right by the way. But with no comms from the club, ‘discontinuing fancards’ could mean a whole host of things.

I don’t want to pay for a membership until I need to (for example if we get a league cup away draw). But I don’t want that time to come and they say you can’t upgrade to a membership because that fancard has been discontinued.
Well yeah of course you never know with our TO !!

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: July 23, 2019, 01:38:23 pm »
There is no mention of fan cards in the away selling criteria anymore. Looks like you will have to upgrade for aways too.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/tickets/357938-southampton-v-liverpool-ticket-selling-details

Offline stevienash

• Legacy Fan
  • 'White liquid in a bottle has to be milk.'"
« Reply #133 on: July 23, 2019, 02:43:19 pm »
There is no mention of fan cards in the away selling criteria anymore. Looks like you will have to upgrade for aways too.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/tickets/357938-southampton-v-liverpool-ticket-selling-details

Thought as much this was going to be the case

Offline stoz

• John Motson. The Flag Bearer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #134 on: September 11, 2019, 03:09:14 pm »
I'm sure those with League Cup away credits on the old fancard will know, but just thought I'd bump as a reminder.