Author Topic: Shanklyboy's and Fat Scousers ( Leo who's still alive ) auld arse thread  (Read 3981466 times)

Offline only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Legacy Fan
bitter,not me.a granddad,but I'm not even 40

Offline flw

• Famous Last Words
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • History is made so we never forget
Re: Shanklyboy's auld arse thread.
« Reply #39721 on: May 31, 2015, 12:58:56 pm »
Just been out to do a bit of shopping and I bumped into one of my boys, (Cadette 14 to 16 age group) I have seen him around the town now and again we would have a chat and a hug, he is now married and is the father to 3 girls, he told me he has become a father again but this time it`s the boy he has been longing for and he has called him Victor after me, nearly cried then and the water is starting to trickle again, some things are worth more than money.

That is a cracking honour Vic, Lots of people are named after kith and kin or somebody famous which is nice but not significant, but to be named after someone who really impacted their life says a lot about you.  This could be a lovely ending to your book im thinking LOL !!!!  :thumbup
If you have faith, you have everything.
Without it  , you have nothing.

If you are blind, you cannot see, If you are deaf you cannot hear, but if you are dumb God help you

We are like grains of sand, one amongst millions ,  and like sand ...when you walk this earth we leave behind out footprints

Offline flw

• Famous Last Words
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • History is made so we never forget
« Reply #39722 on: May 31, 2015, 01:04:11 pm »
  Nice to see you back posting  Leo
If you have faith, you have everything.
Without it  , you have nothing.

If you are blind, you cannot see, If you are deaf you cannot hear, but if you are dumb God help you

We are like grains of sand, one amongst millions ,  and like sand ...when you walk this earth we leave behind out footprints

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • June 20, 2009. Still no justice for Neda
« Reply #39723 on: May 31, 2015, 01:40:12 pm »
Never in me life did I spit on anyone, and if someone would have spat on me, back in the 80's... oh, no. That wouldn't have went down at all well. Saw Dury a few times though, but best one.... been working in London, driving back to Liverpool, the daft mate driving, got lost. Had an excuse though, roads choka, traffic was horrendous, London half closed down for Charles and Di getting married. Could we fuck get out of London. Driving along, road suddenly full of trendy looking people, something obviously on, starts following them, huge banner across the street.... "FUNK THE WEDDING"

Ian Dury put a free concert on in Crystal Palace bowl to escape all that royal shite. Don't know how the fuck we ended up out there, but brilliant day. Then he was on in Hammersmith that night, never did get home that weekend.

My album was a live performance by the Stiff lot.

Those days, the punk crowd thought it cool to show their approval by spitting on the performers, who often spat back.

Wreckless was MC and kept telling the crowd to knock off the fucking spitting.
Kill the humourless

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan
  • Only got 3 bullets and there's 4 of Motley Crew
« Reply #39724 on: May 31, 2015, 02:25:03 pm »
9th July I'm off Leo, so a few weeks yet. Let us know when you are gonna be up and we'll sort something.

Costello is on the Phil 15th June, am going to that.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 02:50:56 pm by john_mac »
We'll See Things They'll Never See

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39725 on: May 31, 2015, 03:28:26 pm »
I'll try and make it up for that, but I'm waiting on a few things. Let you know asap
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

http://misterinobody.weebly.com/

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39726 on: May 31, 2015, 03:36:42 pm »
  Nice to see you back posting  Leo
It's nice to be back.

Jambutty, I know what they did. I was just sort of saying what I'd have done if it happened to me. Talking of which, I can sort of remember some performer from them days talking about getting hepatitis from all the spit.  Anyway, it was disgusting. But I suppose, it was just angry kids, in angry times, showing it.

Having a music day now. I just can't be arsed with that telly anymore. When I do put it on... Dad's Army, The Avengers, Bonanza, Columbo, I'm turning into a proper aul fella. I'll have to shoot meself if it ever gets to Murder She Wrote or shouting at the kids Turn It Down!
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39727 on: May 31, 2015, 04:14:09 pm »
See if you can find the indictment of Ringo into the Rock 'n Roll HOF last night.

Some nice things being said about him as a drummer.

Despite him not even being the best drummer from Liverpool.
Kill the humourless

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39728 on: May 31, 2015, 05:17:04 pm »
See if you can find the indictment of Ringo into the Rock 'n Roll HOF last night.

Some nice things being said about him as a drummer.

Despite him not even being the best drummer from Liverpool.

Not even the best drummer in the beatles

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39729 on: May 31, 2015, 05:23:03 pm »
Can't remember the last time the telly was on in my house Leo, wasn't in the last couple of months. Watch it sometimes in me da's but only what he has got on.

Jambutty, the crowd in Liverpool, even back then, was not your typical punk crowd, even for the punk bands. I remember seeing the Clash after a Home game one night at the Royal Court, the punks started going off a bit but soon got fucked off and sent packing by the match crowd. Saw something similar at Stiff Little Fingers, who loved playing Liverpool because the crowd was different than elsewhere.

Offline only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39730 on: May 31, 2015, 07:33:31 pm »
Took your advice Leo and got ticket for the Philharmonic https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVDXYS-MxnE

Offline only6times

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #39731 on: May 31, 2015, 07:43:12 pm »
Tories will be bringing this in . https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6lyURyVz7k

Offline only6times

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #39732 on: May 31, 2015, 08:06:06 pm »

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39733 on: May 31, 2015, 11:04:28 pm »
Caught these a couple of years ago in the States, were nailed on. They're on Leeds Thursday night, little visit to Yorkshire beckons, me thinks.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/EpzCrKJsIrA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/EpzCrKJsIrA</a>

Offline jambutty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39734 on: June 1, 2015, 04:28:09 am »
Can't go wrong with this lot.

And everything so danceable.

Among the best live performances I've seen.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/2rKCBkV99TY&amp;list=PLzxYfrv9r36MdHzU2gCGzmQgo4sDNzw0D&amp;index=41" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/2rKCBkV99TY&amp;list=PLzxYfrv9r36MdHzU2gCGzmQgo4sDNzw0D&amp;index=41</a>
Kill the humourless

Offline only6times

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #39735 on: June 1, 2015, 08:09:38 am »
On at The Who Hyde park gig this summer  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7s9A3s8iv8

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #39736 on: June 1, 2015, 08:47:08 am »
Here you go, bit of morning music and a few that never quite made it, great bands, should be household names...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_KBOajlBhY

Wanted to put the live one up, but the only film I could find is knackered....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxXJ8iTzmyE

found a live clip of them that works....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcJbg1MMKXA

Don't know what this is like, couldn't find a live film of them...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ua9nXMwrIEs

Just with you saying the States, John. I seen all these in a club there, Toads in New Haven Connecticut. Brilliant gaff, right in the middle of Yale University. I was never out of there in the 80's. Saw some great bands, usually up an comers, but all hands played there. It was a done thing sort of. I never seen them but the Stones even kicked on tour off in there. And I seen The Cash/Carter family show in there, brilliant, all the family, June running round yelping and screaming, done up like a Squaw. Don't know if that word's taboo but it was great. Brilliant place.

Here's one, I just thought of him, first heard him in there....
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=james+mcmurtry+we+can%27t+make+it+here

That's to a page, take your pick out of them. The lad's brilliant, hardly heard of, I love the kid. He does some great stuff about working class America. Always makes me laugh, telly over here, only ever shows Yanks as daft an loaded or black and skint and violent. I knew loads of working class yanks, black and white, sound people, no different than ourselves, ordinary people getting by. Fucking telly, you're right John. I think I'll sling this one out of here. I hate it. Here you go watch this one...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWEJPqJtZsk

Right that's it, got to get off me arse and get out or I'll be at it again all day.

Offline Pheeny

• Captain Pheeny of Maastricht
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Go and wake your kids up!"
  • Super Title: The King of Belgium
« Reply #39737 on: June 1, 2015, 12:02:46 pm »
The founder of Yale University is buried in Wrexham,get loads of Yanks visiting.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #39738 on: June 1, 2015, 12:37:36 pm »
Flew back from Toronto saturday night on the red eye flight had a great week and visited Niagara as well and while away decided i wouldnt bin Rawk altogether as i missed you lot !
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #39739 on: June 1, 2015, 01:17:24 pm »
Nice one Geoff. I hope you had a greatl time and you're all refreshed for the transfer threads. Harrinder said he's looking forward to seeing you in there.

Offline only6times

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #39740 on: June 1, 2015, 01:19:19 pm »

Offline Pheeny

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39741 on: June 1, 2015, 01:39:32 pm »
Flew back from Toronto saturday night on the red eye flight had a great week and visited Niagara as well and while away decided i wouldnt bin Rawk altogether as i missed you lot !
Some cracking photos,shame there was someone in the foreground spoiling the scenery though ;)

Offline Pheeny

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39742 on: June 1, 2015, 01:39:58 pm »
Harrinder said he's looking forward to seeing you in there.
:lmao

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39743 on: June 1, 2015, 02:10:22 pm »
Nice one Geoff. I hope you had a greatl time and you're all refreshed for the transfer threads. Harrinder said he's looking forward to seeing you in there.

Go ead, they could use some insight into James Milner's contract negotiations

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39744 on: June 1, 2015, 02:57:07 pm »
Go ead, they could use some insight into James Milner's contract negotiations

we should go in like a tag team John!
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39745 on: June 1, 2015, 03:01:09 pm »
we should go in like a tag team John!

I couldn't be arsed with any of the gobshites, really couldn't

Offline Pheeny

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39746 on: June 1, 2015, 03:34:16 pm »
I didn't go in there when I was a Mod and I ain't going there now.

Offline only6times

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #39747 on: June 1, 2015, 08:32:19 pm »
That McMurtry fella is the business.

When we did the fundraising for the Paisley memorial we got invited to meet Jesse Paisley at her and Bob's house as she wanted to thank us. We took her flowers and a scrapbook of the whole thing and she told us a few tales of Bob and how she was a teacher in Garston ( taught my brother in law). Let us hold Bob's European cup winners medals and any other memorabilia we wanted to.

She showed us the scrapbooks she had kept (he jibbed Thatcher because he had promised to go to a boxing do) and in one of the scrapbooks was a letter which I read from a woman thanking Bob and the team for nearly winning the league and knowing we would be back stronger next year. It was signed by Mrs Jones and I clocked the address was from Garston and was sure I recognised it.

When I got home I phoned my brother in law and he confirmed it was his old address. The odds of me picking up that scrapbook of the dozens she had and reading that letter must have been huge.

A few months later I got in touch with Graham Paisley and told him of the letter and he kindly got copies which I gave to my brother in law and his brother and sisters. They had lost their mum a few years before to cancer and didn't even know she had written to Bob.

Simpler times.

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39748 on: June 1, 2015, 09:13:36 pm »

When we did the fundraising for the Paisley memorial we got invited to meet Jesse Paisley at her and Bob's house as she wanted to thank us. We took her flowers and a scrapbook of the whole thing and she told us a few tales of Bob and how she was a teacher in Garston ( taught my brother in law). Let us hold Bob's European cup winners medals and any other memorabilia we wanted to.

She showed us the scrapbooks she had kept (he jibbed Thatcher because he had promised to go to a boxing do) and in one of the scrapbooks was a letter which I read from a woman thanking Bob and the team for nearly winning the league and knowing we would be back stronger next year. It was signed by Mrs Jones and I clocked the address was from Garston and was sure I recognised it.

When I got home I phoned my brother in law and he confirmed it was his old address. The odds of me picking up that scrapbook of the dozens she had and reading that letter must have been huge.

A few months later I got in touch with Graham Paisley and told him of the letter and he kindly got copies which I gave to my brother in law and his brother and sisters. They had lost their mum a few years before to cancer and didn't even know she had written to Bob.

Simpler times.

Nice

Offline only6times

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #39749 on: June 1, 2015, 10:58:26 pm »
Nice
Mates wife was with us and was buzzing  off us saying we were like kids on Chrimbo morning.

http://onthekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=11949.50

Offline Pheeny

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39750 on: June 1, 2015, 11:19:27 pm »

Simpler times.
It's posts like this that make this thread. Thanks for sharing.

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Star. Top Kharbooja. Heat-Sikhing Missile Launcher. Purveyor of burning bushes, interpreter of dreams, provider of Egyptian travel before the age of 30, and saviour of RAWK. Also he has a beard.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39751 on: June 1, 2015, 11:22:27 pm »
In this one thread, should people read it from start to finish, is most of what people need to know prior to knowing more about Liverpool and the connections to ones soul that enriches the connection to the club and supporting it

People should not leave. It's easy to do and the temptation to do so is everywhere. Staying is harder but ultimately rewarded

If it isn't well that's life eh?  :)
Just clicked on the main board and my virus scanner came back with this

"When we visited this site, we found it exhibited one or more risky behaviors."

Strip his knighthood https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/47770

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39752 on: June 2, 2015, 12:02:46 pm »
In this one thread, should people read it from start to finish, is most of what people need to know prior to knowing more about Liverpool and the connections to ones soul that enriches the connection to the club and supporting it

People should not leave. It's easy to do and the temptation to do so is everywhere. Staying is harder but ultimately rewarded

If it isn't well that's life eh?  :)

Sage Words

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Deliverer of the -Q- de grace.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thought I was wrong once - but I was mistaken.
« Reply #39753 on: June 2, 2015, 12:12:34 pm »

Simpler times.

Lovely and amazing serendipity find mate - great!!
There is nothing wrong with striving to win, so long as you don't set the prize above the game. There can be no dishonour in defeat nor any conceit in victory. What matters above all is that the team plays in the right spirit, with skill, courage, fair play,no favour and the result accepted without bitterness. Sir Matt Busby CBE KCSG 1909-1994

Offline only6times

• Legacy Fan

Offline jambutty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39755 on: June 2, 2015, 05:58:30 pm »
Can't blame this one on our Andy.
Kill the humourless

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #39756 on: June 2, 2015, 05:59:03 pm »
Brilliant that 5times mate. Really enjoyed it. Here's one for you... I've got a mate, Franny Gold, great lad, make a cat laugh, I love him to bits. He's 67 now Fran, but thinks he's 25. He's got 4 brothers. I've only met one, George. Older than Franny, old bastard, cause murder in a one man tent. I do nothing but argue with him, but only cos he likes it. He's never missed a home game since the late 50's, only stopped going to the aways a few years back, when his health wouldn't let him. All the brothers worked on the docks and were/are proper Liverpool mad.

One of them died in Bob Paisley's arms. Back in the 60's. He was only young, took a turn, right behind the dugout. Franny and the other brothers were laughing, telling him to behave, before they realised he was in trouble. Bob Paisley spotted it, dragged him out onto the side of the pitch, gave him the kiss of life, heart massage and that. But the lad died.

Sorry for the sad story. But after yours, I had to tell it... a pure gent Bob. Can you imagine Brendan or any other manager, strolling round Anfield in an aul tatty cardigan and slippers nowadays. Sadly, we'll never see men like them again.

Anyway, sorry to be maudlin. I'm made up you like McMurty. He's a good lad, throw back to working class solidarity.

Near forgot, I came in here to put this up...
http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/jun/01/david-cameron-moriarty-downing-street-radical-thatcher

Some of yer might have read it. It's brilliant. But I shouldn't have been laughing, as it's quite scary really.

Offline Pheeny

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39757 on: June 2, 2015, 07:24:04 pm »

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Star. Top Kharbooja. Heat-Sikhing Missile Launcher. Purveyor of burning bushes, interpreter of dreams, provider of Egyptian travel before the age of 30, and saviour of RAWK. Also he has a beard.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39758 on: June 2, 2015, 08:32:01 pm »

So good I've put this gem to good use :)

Strip his knighthood https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/47770

Offline jambutty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39759 on: June 2, 2015, 09:20:39 pm »
Maybe Geoff is right.  Maybe we should choose a thread and clusterfuck it with support.  Kunts.

Internet Terrorists II.
Kill the humourless