Author Topic: Spotify  (Read 59383 times)

Offline ScottScott

• Thugby...It's just not rugger old chap!!!
  • Legacy Fan
Google Home
« Reply #360 on: March 18, 2019, 09:55:09 pm »
Hi, didn't know where to put this as I couldn't find a specific Google Home thread or one for Spotify so thought I'd put it here. Spotify are offering a free Google Home Mini for new and existing customers of their Family Premium plan. Link below:

https://www.spotify.com/uk/family/

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Spotify
« Reply #361 on: June 2, 2020, 08:37:35 am »
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #362 on: June 2, 2020, 08:41:18 am »
Family package on Spotify is a really good deal. I’m paying around 15e per month and its used by myself and three other family members.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #363 on: June 2, 2020, 09:48:44 am »
Family package on Spotify is a really good deal. I’m paying around 15e per month and its used by myself and three other family members.
might get that. Times I'm listing in my car going home from work and all of a sudden some Peppa pig tune comes on cos young fella is at the Alexa :D
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #364 on: June 4, 2020, 07:25:49 am »
You can get 6 months when you purchase a £1.99 stylus from Currys

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/computing-accessories/computer-accessories/tablet-accessories/goji-gstybk14-stylus-black-10010430-pdt.html

Haha, boss! I got a Switch Lite from them which included 6 months but looks like they're desperate

Offline aggerdid

• Reads the subtitles on "Queer as Folk" from right to left
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #365 on: October 9, 2020, 06:32:30 am »
https://www.spotify.com/en/get-started/

this is a legal music streamer from sweden i think someone said. its great. like itunes and there's a lot of tunes on it. free aswell
The Group session feature on spotify is great. Decorating the other week and everyone was on the same session to add songs to the queue on the main speakers
We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey - Kenji Miyazawa

Offline wz4jc3

• Legacy Fan
  • 'You'll Never Walk Alone.'
    • Teach Maths
« Reply #366 on: November 7, 2020, 07:19:30 pm »
I wasn't too sure where to put this, but I felt the Spotify topic made most sense.

If like me you use a Google Audiocast for streaming into a real hifi, I highly recommend you select the full dynamic range option. This uncompresses the stream, which other systems cannot cope with.

So much better! [emoji106]

Offline Zlen

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #367 on: November 7, 2020, 08:00:26 pm »
Speaking of sound quality I dropped Spotify like a stone after trying out Tidal HIFI. Sound quality is beyond comparison and I actually prefer the interface to Spotify. No sensless recommendations of crap ‘whatever is top of chartsin 2020’, album reviews included and no Beyond Lyrics or whatever it was called. Tidal is music first and very good.

Offline Adeemo

• surreally arsed
  • Legacy Fan
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
« Reply #368 on: September 8, 2022, 09:13:32 am »
I get a stutter every 20 seconds or so when listening to Spotify through the app on Sky Q, any ideas how to stop it? It’s most annoying!
"I love the Pope, I love seeing him in his Pope-Mobile, his three feet of bullet proof plexi-glass. That's faith in action folks! You know he's got God on his side"

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #369 on: September 10, 2022, 11:44:06 am »
Speaking of sound quality I dropped Spotify like a stone after trying out Tidal HIFI. Sound quality is beyond comparison and I actually prefer the interface to Spotify. No sensless recommendations of crap ‘whatever is top of chartsin 2020’, album reviews included and no Beyond Lyrics or whatever it was called. Tidal is music first and very good.

No idea on Tidal might be a very fair shout but Spotify does let you adjust for high quality

I mean I rip FLACs from Deezer (when the method works) as a first choice and it doesn't really compare, but 99% of people just are not going to pick up on the differences outside of genuinely decent equipment and a keen to the point of obsessive ear

I have seen Tidal enough in audiophile-style conversations.  Just saying Spotify is lower quality by default but you can change it

Ugh why am I defending Spotify in any concept lol. The UI is trash though. Might try Tidal at some point, I've tried everything else

I mean I rip my own FLACs to put em on my blower through https://www.ibroadcast.com/home/ - DIY Streaming. (App interface ain't great, but I submit feedback and they do change stuff)
« Last Edit: September 10, 2022, 11:45:51 am by ToneLa »

Offline Zlen

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #370 on: September 16, 2022, 09:05:17 am »
Yeah, it's a moot argument for most - since if you're into sound quality, streaming probably isn't your first port of call for consuming music. I have a dedicated twin-DAC player with my rips, physical vinyl records and Tidal as what is really third choice solution for when I'm out and about.

Online tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #371 on: October 28, 2022, 05:20:57 pm »
Does anyone know of a decent Spotify player I can use for running?  Would prefer not to take my chunkyass phone out, just want a little device.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #372 on: October 29, 2022, 11:24:32 am »
Does anyone know of a decent Spotify player I can use for running?  Would prefer not to take my chunkyass phone out, just want a little device.

Apple Watch?

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #373 on: November 26, 2023, 03:16:48 pm »
This weekend I setup Apple CarPlay in my motor and downloaded Spotify to me mobile.  So far I love it

I'm running the free plan and I honestly cannot see why I would need to spend £10.99 per month on the premium.  So far it has played everything I've asked of it in the car

Ok, so I'm an arl arse and just playing classic rock, punk, metal, 2-tone, and stuff.  The quality is absolutely fine for me too. So far I've not had one ad break either which I believe is a downside to the Free plan.

Is the Spotify premium plan more designed for music aficionados? or am I missing something?

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #374 on: November 26, 2023, 04:13:05 pm »
This weekend I setup Apple CarPlay in my motor and downloaded Spotify to me mobile.  So far I love it

I'm running the free plan and I honestly cannot see why I would need to spend £10.99 per month on the premium.  So far it has played everything I've asked of it in the car

Ok, so I'm an arl arse and just playing classic rock, punk, metal, 2-tone, and stuff.  The quality is absolutely fine for me too. So far I've not had one ad break either which I believe is a downside to the Free plan.

Is the Spotify premium plan more designed for music aficionados? or am I missing something?

It's no adverts (or certainly less with the premium plan) is the only difference I recall?

Online Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #375 on: November 26, 2023, 04:14:25 pm »
Ibe found you cant just play a song, that sng has to be pre programmed into a set list
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #376 on: November 26, 2023, 04:57:31 pm »
Ibe found you cant just play a song, that sng has to be pre programmed into a set list

Yeah I think your right KJ

I think playing a specific song requires a little more pissing about with the Free plan.

Ie:  Free plan does this:

KJ:  "Hey Siri...Play Leader of the Gang by Gary Glitter on Spotify"
Siri: "Playing songs similar to Leader of the Gang By Gary Glitter"

Spotify begins to play a random Gary Glitter album or playlist that likely contains Leader of the Gang

Opposed to the Premium plan

KJ:  "Hey Siri... Play Two Little Boys by Rolf Harris on Spotify"
Siri:  "Playing Two Little Boys by Rolf Harris"

Spotify plays exactly what you asked for.

Something like that anyway.  But I've always been able to find my exact song :)

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #377 on: November 26, 2023, 05:02:24 pm »
Lost Prophets?

I had the free for a while. Maybe they give you a honeymoon period - think it’s about 30 minutes before the ads kick in. I’d be on runs and then you’d get a minute or two of ads after every two songs so I bit the bullet and got premium.

My family use my log in though so it’s playing havoc with those most listened lists they do at the end of the year. And that office is why Dua Lipa is the most played (doesn’t explained why she’s up there on my Google image search though).

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #378 on: November 26, 2023, 05:04:08 pm »
Ahhh right ok.  Cheers, Nick.

I'll run with Free for a while and see how the adverts affect things.

Online Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #379 on: November 26, 2023, 05:49:03 pm »
Yeah I think your right KJ

I think playing a specific song requires a little more pissing about with the Free plan.

Ie:  Free plan does this:

KJ:  "Hey Siri...Play Leader of the Gang by Gary Glitter on Spotify"
Siri: "Playing songs similar to Leader of the Gang By Gary Glitter"

Spotify begins to play a random Gary Glitter album or playlist that likely contains Leader of the Gang

Opposed to the Premium plan

KJ:  "Hey Siri... Play Two Little Boys by Rolf Harris on Spotify"
Siri:  "Playing Two Little Boys by Rolf Harris"

Spotify plays exactly what you asked for.

Something like that anyway. But I've always been able to find my exact song :

:lmao

But I've always been able to find my exact song :)

I believe I can Fly. - R Kelly?

As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #380 on: November 26, 2023, 06:40:24 pm »

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #381 on: November 27, 2023, 09:26:41 am »

This isn't related to your question at all but since I know you've just got a new iPhone, haven't you got 3 or 6 months free of Apple Music? though wouldn't do lossless/spatial on data!

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #382 on: November 27, 2023, 09:44:20 am »

This isn't related to your question at all but since I know you've just got a new iPhone, haven't you got 3 or 6 months free of Apple Music? though wouldn't do lossless/spatial on data!

I didn't with my iPhone 15 Pro I got recently, it's only offering me Fitness+ and News+ but don't know if that's because I'm already an Apple One Family subscriber.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #383 on: November 27, 2023, 09:53:23 am »
I didn't with my iPhone 15 Pro I got recently, it's only offering me Fitness+ and News+ but don't know if that's because I'm already an Apple One Family subscriber.

odd, they must be trying to push that then, apple one doesn't make a difference cos I've had it before where they refunded me £5/mo on the sub.

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #384 on: November 27, 2023, 11:10:06 am »
Think I got offered a few months of Apple TV free and news with my new iPhone 15.

I was initially just going to upgrade my Amazon music plan from 1 device (echo, Dot) to an individual plan (any device).  But I tested it on CarPlay and I can't seem to use the Alexa/Siri voice activation with AMazon Music.

I might post in the Amazon thread and see if it's something I'm doing wrong.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2023, 11:24:22 am by Buck Pete »

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #385 on: November 27, 2023, 11:20:28 am »
Think I got offered a few months of Apple TV free and news with my new iPhone 15.

I was initially just going to upgrade my Amazon music plan from 1 device (echo, Dot) to an individual plan (any device).  But I tested it on CarPlay and I can't seem to use the Alexa/Siri voice activation with Apple Music.

I might post in the Amazon thread and see if it's something I'm doing wrong.

Are you trying to use Siri on CarPlay for Amazon Music or Apple Music? You've said both in the sentance above. Siri definately works for Apple Music via CarPlay by default. To enable it for Amazon Music I think you have to go to Settings -> Siri & Search -> Amazon Music then enable 'Use with Ask Siri'

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #386 on: November 27, 2023, 11:29:12 am »
Are you trying to use Siri on CarPlay for Amazon Music or Apple Music? You've said both in the sentance above. Siri definately works for Apple Music via CarPlay by default. To enable it for Amazon Music I think you have to go to Settings -> Siri & Search -> Amazon Music then enable 'Use with Ask Siri'

Yeah sorry.  I meant Amazon Music.  Just edited my post.  I already checked those Amazon settings were all enabled within the Siri & Search section of my phone.

Gonna go out to the car in a bit and try again.

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #387 on: December 17, 2023, 04:24:04 pm »
https://variety.com/2023/music/opinion/spotify-new-payment-model-falls-short-emerging-artists-1235834319/
Spotify is claiming that not only will this new payment threshold not really hurt the “hardworking artists” that fall below the threshold, but will also reduce this type of fraud in the process.

Well, an artist with 20 songs at just under 1,000 streams each previously would earn around $60. Now that artist would earn $0.