Author Topic: PL: Bournemouth 1 v 0 Liverpool Billing 28’  (Read 34937 times)

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: PL: Bournemouth 1 v 0 Liverpool Billing 28’
« Reply #960 on: March 15, 2023, 09:36:09 am »
I listented to the pod and that's not entirely what I felt they said although there was some of that in there.

My take from the discussion was that the setup wasn't right and the mentality of what happens when we don't score early in games like these which has happened a few times this season. I agree with them that 0-0 for a bit is OK, just got to get into a shape and stay solid. We didn't do after 20-ish minutes. Disappointing.

For me, the difference between this and say the United game was how high up we found Fab in the United game and where he was winning the ball, vs where he was this game. Also, I really do think Trent is a fantastic footballer but I often wonder why he's so ineffective in some of these games to the point that he's coming in-field to try and influence play.

To me, that must be instruction, because it's not just once he's done this and it's obvious that he's been given license to come in off the touch line and play more centrally. I personally don't like that, even though every so often he puts a good ball in from that 'quarterback' position. I feel the trade off when we lose possession when we play him that way is far worse than making him just play wide.

Also, as the TAW lads were saying, my other gripe for me in this particular game was the lack of width or our reluctance to try and get in behind down the flanks. The one time we did we got the pen. I thought that was going to be our way home, instead we decided to try and force it down the middle. It would be ok if we tasked one or two with dropping deep and then running at them, but nah we just decided to play our way through.

Anyway, games like these have become our kryptonite. I don't think selection itself is the problem, I think that 11 should be more than enough to beat Bournemouth away. Instead, I think it's tactical and IMO that has to be on Klopp.
Ultimately yes but my understanding - possibly wrong - is that Klopp delegates much of the tactical side of things.  I'm certainly not saying Klopp is just a "passion merchant" but in Buvac and Ljinders he had/has individuals that he entrusts with shaping the tactics.

The Premier League is increasingly tough as even the clubs near the bottom have decent spending power and pull.  That said, one goal and two points from five games against relegation candidates (Bournemouth, Forest, Leeds, Palace and Everton) is a really poor return.  Even just taking 9/15 points from those games would have us sitting pretty for top four.

Offline Cafe De Paris

• Kopite
  • Up the Red Men
« Reply #961 on: March 18, 2023, 06:26:52 pm »
I see Bournemouth got a beating today. We must have played Real Bournemouth Madrid last week then.
LFC a bastion of invincibility.

Offline shank94

• Currently at minus 10 and falling...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #962 on: March 18, 2023, 07:12:08 pm »
More like an away game curse. It's almost like our players look desperate to get back to Anfield whenever we go 1-0 down.
Everyone knows it's Shanks, Shank is part of my name.

Offline darragh85

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #963 on: March 19, 2023, 05:48:58 pm »
Can't believe we went down so badly to this shite after seeing their result yesterday . How did we get so inconsistent

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Always eleven, acting as one.
« Reply #964 on: March 23, 2023, 08:06:13 am »
Brilliant mate. Telling me to do my homework.

Maybe you should do yours. Then you would realise that Jurgen has already appointed a sports psychologist in Lee Richardson. Maybe you can now throw him under the bus as well.

The reality for me is that we are a work in progress. That means that beating United and then losing to Bournemouth is the kind of inconsistency that is likely when you are trying to build a team.

We need to accept the inconsistency and stop looking for quick fixes such as suggesting a sports psychologist when we have already been down that route.

I await your next suggestion perhaps you think Jurgen should bring in someone to improve our throw ins.
'Throw under the bus'  ::)

Seriously? You have a really poor track record on here for supporting our players Al - ripping into anyone you don't like. That's included some really decent lads like Nat Phillips, Rhys Williams and Minamino, who were all players bought for peanuts who did their best for us, and were often called upon to bail us out due to injuries (and were regularly thrust into games they wouldn't normally be expected to play).

You repeatedly tore Minamino to shreds - a fan favourite who scored some vital goals in several games. You even decided to hijack his thread immediately after he scored a last minute equaliser, to post dozens of times about how he isn't good enough (without that goal there's no league cup win last season....).

So before you play the superfan and start accusing others of 'throwing players under the bus', remember that people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.
I've got OCD, but I prefer to call it CDO so it's in alphabetical order.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #965 on: March 23, 2023, 08:09:22 am »
Wish you fuckers would let this thread die.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #966 on: March 23, 2023, 08:57:03 am »
Wish you fuckers would let this thread die.
Agreed. Can't believe it's still open. Locked.