Author Topic: Jürgen Klopp  (Read 964675 times)

Offline Studge10

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Jürgen Klopp
« Reply #9400 on: March 16, 2023, 10:48:29 am »
His on the ball stats are almost identical to Gakpo's, and some of them are better, yet he gets praised for his link-up play and labelled the new Firmino.

The last two games we've substituted him when chasing a goal and looked a worse team once he's gone off. We had one shot on goal (Harvey from distance) after he went off last night.

We knew what he could and couldn't do when we signed him but we're now compounding those issues by sticking him out wide where he's less effective. When played centrally he's always caused issues to the opposition.

agree. I never question klopps tactics, but this Nunez playing LW rubbish needs to stop. He can be a quality striker, but he'll never be a quality LW because he simply doesnt have the right tools for it

put him in his best position and let him develop

Offline lgvkarlos

• Finnished with his shit punnery now.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9401 on: March 16, 2023, 12:08:09 pm »
Didn’t he get a knock in one of the league games recently? We weren’t going to overturn the score so chose to not take any chances with him perhaps.
Not what Klopp said, and why not just move him to the middle. Darwin was one of our biggest threats and we had nothing when he came off (56 mins FFS).
The thing I can't understand is how he can watch other players really stink the place out and nothing, just dont understand what is going on at our club if its not our owners (selling then not selling) , medical team (ridiculous injuries) , transfer team (leaving and players running down contracts) coaching (constantly being schooled by shit teams) players (the amount of senior players that have dropped off a cliff)

I have no idea what part Linders has in the decision making but he certainly isn't helping, yes we've had injuries but we still have a squad capable of not making the Bournemouths of the world not look like prime Barca.

Eight of us watching together last night and when Nunez was pulled every single one of us were in disbelief and thought he must be injured, he was pretty much our main threat and we have no game this weekend.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2023, 12:30:03 pm by lgvkarlos »

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #9402 on: March 16, 2023, 12:10:28 pm »
Klopp is my aero. He's a dude.

Next season is going to be great.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Mahern

• Kopite
« Reply #9403 on: March 16, 2023, 12:32:13 pm »
Klopp is my aero. He's a dude.

Next season is going to be great.

He's a bubbly guy

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9404 on: March 16, 2023, 01:39:12 pm »
Klopp is a Galaxy mate.  8)

Offline ThePoolMan

• Not quite the Pool Man, more like the ESL Man
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9405 on: March 17, 2023, 09:34:48 am »
There is something seriously wrong with the team and the club.

A team that almost went all the way to win everything on offer last season now looks broken and bereft of self-belief and unmotivated and only able to lift itself in matches like the one against United. Against Madrid, we look almost traumatised, waiting for the killing blow from the other side that would rob victory from our grasp. What happened to the tough, battle hardened warriors who have been at the top of the game for the last 5-6 years?

Aging of the core of the team and the \ failure to replace the midfield with world class young players are part of it, but not the whole story.  They may have a down turn due to fatigue but for a team that has won every honour and knows itself capable of doing so against the very best, the downfall has been so shockingly sudden and the incredible decline this season has been so great that there must be more to this behind the scenes...

The loss of virtually the spine of the club's data and stats research brain trust en masse is a dire sign.

The inability of Klopp to rouse the team like he used to be able to do or to changer things to spark up the team this season has been another sign. There was no lack of commentators pointing out Klopp has never lasted longer than 7 years in his previous manager jobs. Has he lost the ability to motivate this team? Are they listening to him?

The failure of the club's owners to spend what is necessary during the transfer window to sign world class and younger midfielders is another. They did not seem bothered by the prospect of missing out on the CL.

For us to fall out of the CL so meekly to the old enemy in white, was all too predictable in retrospect. It was still infuriatingly supine and so unlike how we have mostly been making Europe fear us instead.

The whole club is at a cross roads now. We dont look like putting together the consistency to be able to get top 4, and so we probably wont be playing CL next season.  There is a cledar need to ditch all the broken players and to replace the core of the team altogether. Can Klopp rebuild the team for next season? Will he be given the 200-300 million in funds that he will need to do so?

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #9406 on: March 17, 2023, 10:23:57 am »
Not really a surprise as to why. Probably a combination of

- A year older and aging in certain areas
- Overplayed due to quantity of fixtures for club and country plus lack of rotation
- Players rushed back too soon
- Lack of new blood in certain areas leading to complacency
- Mental and physical fatigue
- Shortened pre-season

We've tried our Last Dance with this group and  it has blown up in our faces. This is Klopp's Shankly Watford season. Now he'll have to be more cut-throat. Part of the clearout will be made easier by players on expiring contracts exiting.

Two lessons from this season I hope Klopp heeds: 1) more rotation 2) the way we play takes a lot out of our midfield; we can always have an extra body in there. I think with Milner, Keita and Ox going is hand will be forced, but we can always carry an extra player in midfield

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #9407 on: March 17, 2023, 10:27:28 am »
Not what Klopp said, and why not just move him to the middle. Darwin was one of our biggest threats and we had nothing when he came off (56 mins FFS).
The thing I can't understand is how he can watch other players really stink the place out and nothing, just dont understand what is going on at our club if its not our owners (selling then not selling) , medical team (ridiculous injuries) , transfer team (leaving and players running down contracts) coaching (constantly being schooled by shit teams) players (the amount of senior players that have dropped off a cliff)

I have no idea what part Linders has in the decision making but he certainly isn't helping, yes we've had injuries but we still have a squad capable of not making the Bournemouths of the world not look like prime Barca.

Eight of us watching together last night and when Nunez was pulled every single one of us were in disbelief and thought he must be injured, he was pretty much our main threat and we have no game this weekend.

So you don’t know what Ljinders role is but he isn’t helping? ;D

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #9408 on: March 17, 2023, 12:51:41 pm »

:lmao
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline lgvkarlos

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9409 on: March 17, 2023, 12:55:27 pm »
I think you probably understand what I meant, he clearly plays a big part in how we set up.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #9410 on: March 22, 2023, 02:03:46 pm »
I think you probably understand what I meant, he clearly plays a big part in how we set up.

Did he help when we won the league, CL and nearly won the quadruple last season?
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline lgvkarlos

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9411 on: March 23, 2023, 07:23:44 pm »
Did he help when we won the league, CL and nearly won the quadruple last season?

The same players were also involved in the last seasons yet people seem to think a lot of then are finished, amazing how many have dropped off a cliff and look lost out there .

Is it all the players or are we causing a problem with our tactics, I have no idea myself but I have an open mind.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #9412 on: March 23, 2023, 07:44:05 pm »
The same players were also involved in the last seasons yet people seem to think a lot of then are finished, amazing how many have dropped off a cliff and look lost out there .

Is it all the players or are we causing a problem with our tactics, I have no idea myself but I have an open mind.

Well the players have a lot shorter shelf life than coaches, due to ageing massively affecting their ability to do their job. If we refresh the team and then continue to not reach our previous heights, serious questions can be asked of the coaching staff.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline lgvkarlos

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9413 on: March 23, 2023, 11:59:44 pm »
Well the players have a lot shorter shelf life than coaches, due to ageing massively affecting their ability to do their job. If we refresh the team and then continue to not reach our previous heights, serious questions can be asked of the coaching staff.
Not disagreeing but tactical weaknesses can also be found out, going to be an interesting summer that's for sure.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #9414 on: March 28, 2023, 11:38:20 am »
A new baby Red is on the way, Jurgen's going to be a grandad. :)
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #9415 on: April 3, 2023, 02:36:48 pm »
Longest serving current manager in the football league....

Last man standing in his words.

Long may it continue

Offline Realgman

• Kopite
  • gerrup the yard
« Reply #9416 on: April 3, 2023, 02:40:46 pm »
hear, hear!

Long may it continue
I am not a dreamer. I am a football romantic-Jurgen Klopp

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9417 on: April 3, 2023, 03:21:34 pm »
I think people put too much stock in what Klopp says, when most of the time he's just trying to avoid giving ammunition to journalists.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #9418 on: April 3, 2023, 03:59:13 pm »
I think people put too much stock in what Klopp says, when most of the time he's just trying to avoid giving ammunition to journalists.
You are just saying that to give ammunition to some in this thread.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9419 on: April 3, 2023, 05:39:26 pm »
You are just saying that to give ammunition to some in this thread.

I'm saying it because people assume a lot based on what he says, when the reality is we keep a lot of the real talk behind closed doors. We clearly tried to improve the midfield in the summer and failed, so when Klopp said he was happy with the midfield at the time it seems to me like he was just trying to avoid allowing the media to build a narrative of failures and conflict.

Offline "21C or 70F?" SchizoidWeatherMan!

• Me, I'm Touchy.....which is why I am so fond of a happy ending ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • blazed
« Reply #9420 on: April 3, 2023, 05:44:47 pm »

The question is, have we adapted our tactics to suit our ageing squad? Are we trying to play the same way we were doing two years ago with players who no longer have the physical attributes to play that way?

We have limited resources compared to cheaters and money launderers, but have we spent our money wisely in the right positions?

Phuk yoo

Offline Red46

• Main Stander
« Reply #9421 on: April 3, 2023, 08:57:19 pm »

With all due respect mate have you ever listened to yourself?

“If we refresh the team and then continue to not reach our previous heights, serious questions can be asked of the coaching staff.”

You do realise that we have been punching way above our weight the past 6 or 7 years? The man conjures up a minor footballing miracle and our entitled fans expect them all the time..
He wins us our first league title in 30 years, goes incredibly close on 2 other occasions, gets us to 3 CL finals which to put in context City and PSG after a decade of spending like drunken sailors have gotten to 1 each, if that wasn't enough he wins both domestic cup competitions and the world club championship - all done on the nett spend of a mid table club and up against the richest most powerful clubs ever to have existed in the135 year history of the pro game.
The only questions Jurgen should be fielding are ones revolving around wether he wants his statue hewn out of marble or cast in bronze.

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9422 on: April 3, 2023, 09:24:22 pm »

“If we refresh the team and then continue to not reach our previous heights, serious questions can be asked of the coaching staff.”

You do realise that we have been punching way above our weight the past 6 or 7 years? The man conjures up a minor footballing miracle and our entitled fans expect them all the time..
He wins us our first league title in 30 years, goes incredibly close on 2 other occasions, gets us to 3 CL finals which to put in context City and PSG after a decade of spending like drunken sailors have gotten to 1 each, if that wasn't enough he wins both domestic cup competitions and the world club championship - all done on the nett spend of a mid table club and up against the richest most powerful clubs ever to have existed in the135 year history of the pro game.
The only questions Jurgen should be fielding are ones revolving around wether he wants his statue hewn out of marble or cast in bronze.

Hear hear - well said sir
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #9423 on: April 3, 2023, 09:51:45 pm »

Frame that post and put it in the Tate.

Offline kasperoff

• Legacy Fan
  • What happened to Sabu?
« Reply #9424 on: April 3, 2023, 09:56:16 pm »

Well said.
I think the same, can't stand him, but if you could have a £1million pound cheque or steve bruces head hollowed out and filled with pound coins which would you have?

Offline DarkOfTheManatee

• Anny Roader
« Reply #9425 on: April 3, 2023, 10:12:58 pm »

100% - his achievements purely in terms of trophies won constitute a fantastic tenure, let alone with the surrounding context of competing against oil cheats, achieving multiple seasons of record points tallies, and having a net spend below teams like Everton and Villa. There isn't a manager in world football who would have bettered his record in the same circumstances, and when he eventually leaves, hopefully not for many years, we will be downgrading not just with the manager but with the man.

Thankfully even most of the doomsayers on RAWK are savvy enough to know this - it's only really been the usual Twitter morons and a few snide media comments suggesting that Klopp is running out of time.

Offline dai_bonehead

• Kopite
« Reply #9426 on: April 3, 2023, 10:14:21 pm »

Bingo.

Offline A Red Abroad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We had dreams and songs to sing
« Reply #9427 on: April 3, 2023, 10:14:45 pm »

:wellin
My marmoset, to get things done,
You fell in Loch Ness with Major Tom.

Offline Avens

• Look around you! Clearly knows his Gary Gum from his Anti-Gary Gum.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9428 on: April 3, 2023, 10:57:27 pm »

Oh wow. That's a proper telling.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now. - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #9429 on: April 3, 2023, 10:59:58 pm »

Bang on the money. Absolutely love the man for everything he's done for us.
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Online Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9430 on: April 3, 2023, 11:05:48 pm »

Is fuckin right
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9431 on: April 3, 2023, 11:06:18 pm »
Brilliant post Red46. The mind boggles with the opinions expressed by some. They've short fucking memories.

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #9432 on: April 3, 2023, 11:08:21 pm »

Long may it continue
Third longest actually, behind Harrogate and Accrington's managers; the next longest-serving manager is that creep Guardiola. Klopp's the boss and he's boss.

Incidentally, 44 teams have changed managers in the football league since August 28, 2022, that's almost half the teams!!! 27 teams have changed managers since the end of the World Cup.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9433 on: April 3, 2023, 11:09:45 pm »
Pure 24 carat Gold Statue of Kloppo please.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9434 on: April 3, 2023, 11:22:57 pm »
Pure 24 carat Gold Statue of Kloppo please.

We could use it to pay for players.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #9435 on: April 3, 2023, 11:35:03 pm »
I really loved his presser. His honesty and complete lack of the sort of BS the likes of Mourinho indulges in epitomise his commitment to the truth.

He’s a very special human being. That he’s also an inspirational manager is a huge plus of course, but his humanity is what sets him apart.
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #9436 on: April 3, 2023, 11:39:09 pm »

Fuckin ell. Like this lad

Go ed

Offline Only Me

• Insufferable twat. Brexiteer supreme.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9437 on: April 3, 2023, 11:46:52 pm »

Disagree mate.

Nothing “minor” about the miracle he’s achieved.

Fuck the spoilt c*nts. Clueless all of them.

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9438 on: April 4, 2023, 08:47:19 am »
I approve of the sentiment but the ‘net spend is mid table’ posters, who’ve been crucifying FSG on the basis of it for years, have had it pointed out to them time after time that we’ve chosen to spend money on wages not transfer fees. The reality is, when you look at wages, we’ve spent vast sums of money. Klopp deserves huge credit for reshaping us on the pitch to enable increased spending power off the pitch, and gaining more on pitch success which has in turn brought in more money, but he’s certainly made use of that financial power. When you look at our wages, we’re not plucky underdogs who’ve miraculously won stiff despite being a mid table club in terms of financial muscle. That’s just wrong.
« Last Edit: April 4, 2023, 08:48:55 am by Knight »

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9439 on: April 4, 2023, 08:51:59 am »
I approve of the sentiment but the ‘net spend is mid table’ posters, who’ve been crucifying FSG on the basis of it for years, have had it pointed out to them time after time that we’ve chosen to spend money on wages not transfer fees. The reality is, when you look at wages, we’ve spent vast sums of money. Klopp deserves huge credit for reshaping us on the pitch to enable increased spending power off the pitch, and gaining more on pitch success which has in turn brought in more money, but he’s certainly made use of that financial power. When you look at our wages, we’re not plucky underdogs who’ve miraculously won stiff despite being a mid table club in terms of financial muscle. That’s just wrong.
& what about the sides that spend high wages and have larger transfer budgets?